Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ufo2
Msg: 187
Our aging bodiesPage 5 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
No cake while reading... it gets icing on the pages!

Butter...
There is nothing wrong for you to want having a partner with the same attitude.
Accept no substitutes!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 188
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/17/2017 11:39:05 AM
Looks like we need some positive inspiration here.

Well, I’m 66, and I do not run.

Well, I'm 60, and a couple of months ago, I ran UP a down escalator at a local mall, and beat people to the top who were stationary on the adjacent up escalator and who started up at the same time as me.

A couple of weeks later, during Christmastime, I was at another mall, and happened to pass a down escalator where a teenager was standing at the bottom looking up tentatively. Thinking he might be about to duplicate my feat, I asked him if he could make it all the way to the top.

His reply:

"Not yet, but one day I will".

Kids.

I don’t eat cake,

I do.
Marie Antoinette would be proud.

I also eat pie.....and cookies....and donuts.......and candy bars.......

Carry on.

Dragonbytes, sorry to hear about your spill. Be more careful, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ditto.
 _babblefish
Msg: 189
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/17/2017 12:57:41 PM

Butter...
There is nothing wrong for you to want having a partner with the same attitude.
Accept no substitutes!

and to think people use margarine . . even when baking a cake
yuck
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 190
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/17/2017 1:03:39 PM
Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put the money into the research wanted a pay-back so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back.

It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavorings..

DO YOU KNOW.. The difference between margarine and butter?

Read on to the end...gets very interesting!

Both have the same amount of calories.

Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams; compared to 5 grams for margarine.

Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.

Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.

Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few and only because they are added!

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavor of other foods.

Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years .

And now, for Margarine..

Very High in Trans fatty acids which are outlawed in some countries.

Triples risk of coronary heart disease .

Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases the risk of cancers up to five times..

Lowers quality of breast milk.

Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulin response.

And here's the most disturbing fact.... HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC... and shares 27 ingredients with PAINT

These facts alone were enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).

You can try this yourself:

Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it open in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will notice a couple of things:

* no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)

* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value ; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic . Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?

and remember, butter is a food, margarine is a chemical.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 191
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/17/2017 1:21:22 PM

and remember, butter is a food, margarine is a chemical.

...and food is a sacrament. Amen

;-)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 192
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/17/2017 4:52:04 PM
Let's cook spam in margarine. I only use butter ( and get mocked plus miss out on hoarding the containers)
We should start a thread about things we eat others find odd-ish.
I like tomato mush
 Maleman999
Msg: 193
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/17/2017 5:33:05 PM

* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value

That reminds me of the movie Super Size Me, where they hung up a MacDonalds hamburger and watched to see how long it would take to deteriorate, and it never deteriorated or rotted. But, MacDonalds is still going strong.
 sun___flower
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/17/2017 7:54:14 PM
Ouija
I like tomato mush

What's tomato mush?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 195
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/18/2017 5:13:41 AM
canned diced tomatoes, tons of spices, tons of crushed up crackers ( you can use bread) heat and stir as it sticks to the pot like mad. Can't save the leftovers as it becomes toxic.
I have served it to friends - the look of horror on their face worth the effort. But then they like it :)
 MHtraveler
Msg: 196
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/18/2017 9:00:50 AM
I take tips from my mom, who is 85 and still teaches yoga in her neighborhood, and dances with her boyfriend two or more times a week!

I just turned 64, and I do try to stay in shape, mostly by fast walking (1-3 miles per day) and doing some free weights for muscle toning. Cake, ice cream and cookies? Hell yes, but only about once a week or so!
 sun___flower
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/18/2017 7:34:28 PM
Ouija
canned diced tomatoes, tons of spices, tons of crushed up crackers ( you can use bread) heat and stir as it sticks to the pot like mad. Can't save the leftovers as it becomes toxic.
I have served it to friends - the look of horror on their face worth the effort. But then they like it :)

I like canned diced tomatoes, I like spices, and I like crackers, but I'm trying to picture it all together and I just can't. :-P I'm thinking I'll have to try this now.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/19/2017 5:01:02 PM
MMMM MMMM Good- Canned stewed tomatoes with green peas, garlic, evoo and cayenne!!!!
Winter must have.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 199
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/19/2017 5:09:56 PM
Sister from a different Mother :/
But not peas. Peas are Satan's fruit. Peas and liver and when ppl cook turkey bits in the stuffing
I swear being a Highlander and a demon chaser makes for hungry tomato mush times
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/20/2017 1:02:57 PM
Oh my, no wonder the devil gets in me.^^^^^
Love little green peas with my tomatoes.

I prob wouldn't like them stuffed up a turkeys azz either and AB SO LOOTLY hate any stuffing.
The tinier pea, the better. If you buy canned peas, Le Suer ( spelling?) makes the smaller ones. I prefer frozen which is much firmer.
By the time the "maters" get good and mushy- seasoned from long slow cooking they are done but still a bit firm.

MMMMMM mmmmmmm

On the subject of aging bodies.
Im hating on my arm skin lately. The top of the forearms to be specific.
How the hell in a little over a year it has gotten so dry and looks like I have peeled off little scabs because of some white spots. At first just where the sun hits the most, but its going higher.WTH???..not cool!!!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 201
Our aging bodies
Posted: 1/20/2017 5:11:51 PM
Hate my arms period. If our body is a temple mine is a ruined Mayan one.
I find not looking at mirrors works fairly well tho
I'd have a face lift but I am broke and morbidly afraid of Drs and great pain and looking like Wayne Newton ( always messes up the eyes)
oh well, live slow die old :)
 Mrtampa
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Our aging bodies
Posted: 3/22/2017 12:40:20 PM
I think of my age as an advancing case of decay...

...But, hey, I look good.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Our aging bodies
Posted: 4/4/2017 8:45:11 AM
ohenryx
Dragonbytes, sorry to hear about your spill. Be more careful, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

It was interesting, I "recovered" from the fall in a few weeks, but I can still feel a little pain if I lay on my left side in bed. Left side flank pain.

I guess it's interesting to me because the only type of injury that lasts more than a few days that I have gotten was related to over use of tendons in an elbow, or maybe a slightly torn muscle or plantar fasciitis. However, I have never broken anything. "Knock on wood".

So I conclude I must have damaged, fractured, broken, (whatever) the 11th or 12 rib, I have read the 12 rib is floating and delicate. I could have gotten a buckle fracture, even with ex-rays it is easy to miss. Pointless to go to a doctor with only pain as a symptom, they can't do much about a broken rib even if they can diagnose it.

But outside of pain, a lot of pain the first couple of days, and moderate pain for a few weeks or so, it did not in any way hamper my breathing, twisting or ability to do ab crunches. Even after a few weeks I couldn't invoke pain by exercise, only by pressing hard on my lower rib cage. An example of an exercise I would think might cause pain would be using the Seated Spinal Twist Machine where you can add in as many weights as you can twist with, it didn't cause any pain. Or doing captain's chair / abdominal crunch machine, it didn't cause any pain.

A couple of weeks ago, I got to my first goal of using a stairmaster to climb steps for an hour which is 200 flights of stairs, then do ab crunches after a few minutes rest. A few months ago I started to refocus on a stairmaster for cardio.

As far as being careful, I guess going outside in winter with loose fitting sandals on icy cement steps wasn't a good choice at any age. And now I still get a flashback to falling if I think of doing that again, so it isn't likely that will happen again.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 204
Our aging bodies
Posted: 4/4/2017 9:35:09 AM
I jerk with margarine.

Very soothing and experience
 gtomustang
Msg: 205
Our aging bodies
Posted: 4/4/2017 1:20:23 PM
I can't believe its not better ^^^ Promise
 purplerider1200
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Our aging bodies
Posted: 4/4/2017 7:50:51 PM

Common ordinary table salt would have saved you. How?

1. Take your salt shaker out and spread it on your icy walk. It's no longer slippery.

2. You now have used up all of your salt. You no longer will be at risk for high blood pressure.

See, you could have saved your life that way.

I use a lot of salt. For scouring out my cast iron skillets. Heck, I can't even FIND my salt shaker anymore.
 gtomustang
Msg: 207
Our aging bodies
Posted: 4/5/2017 6:19:55 AM
3) be sure to wipe salt off bottom of shoe before entering house and tracking across floor. Otherwise you'll raise blood pressure of someone else in the house.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Our aging bodies
Posted: 4/5/2017 7:33:35 AM

1. Take your salt shaker out and spread it on your icy walk. It's no longer slippery.

2. You now have used up all of your salt. You no longer will be at risk for high blood pressure.

See, you could have saved your life that

I use a lot of salt. For scouring out my cast iron skillets. Heck, I can't even FIND my salt shaker anymore.

I jerk with margarine.

Very soothing and experience

I must be weird, my biggest use of butter and salt is for popcorn.

Love popcorn, I buy 50 lb bags, I use to have a 16 quart bowl as a meal. Though now I have cut back, neither my wife nor my mother considers it a proper meal.

When I was younger, my favorite popcorn meal was to put in so much margarine it would collect at the bottom and I could scrape the bottom and lather up the popcorn to get an extra big dose.

On as side note, no matter how much I exercise, I always had a tough time losing weight, but I have always known why.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 209
Our aging bodies
Posted: 4/5/2017 8:27:20 AM
good god! ahaha
I will say I cannot eat some of the crud I ate in my twenties
theater popcorn will give me a gut ache
so will Burger King
or any fast food fries for that matter
so my body no longer tolerates some stuff
 Kelligreeneyes
Msg: 210
Our aging bodies
Posted: 4/5/2017 7:54:03 PM
Can't say that overweight guys turn me on....or guys with double chins and big beer bellies. I am not overweight but I don't go to the gym. I am not rock solid in the abs....kind of soft and semi flabby. But sexual attraction starts in the brain...so who knows. I might meet someone who weighs twice as much as I do and he'll rock my world. Never say never. Just love your body. Nobody else matters.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 211
Our aging bodies
Posted: 4/5/2017 8:04:04 PM
The stewardess is back.

Hahhahahahha
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >