Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mammato3
Msg: 121
First date: when the picture in the profile look nothing like the person in person.Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
there is a guy who i ment off here turns out he lied about his name and pics andd had no arms :? ugg stay away from mrniceguy601
 thewifey
Msg: 122
First date: when the picture in the profile look nothing like the person in person.
Posted: 11/5/2011 5:52:29 PM
I had a guy send me 2 pics. One was real close side of his face and the other was a full body at the beach, very nice body and face. When I saw him I instantly knew the full body was not even him. He was super skinny. I think its weird he sent me another guys photo.
 sassy0013
Msg: 123
First date: when the picture in the profile look nothing like the person in person.
Posted: 11/5/2011 11:14:53 PM
Over several years of online dating, only a few looked nothing like their posted photos ... as in - zero resemblence, like I thought I was stood up because that person wasn't there, until they walked up and introduced themselves.

Most have looked exactly like or better than their photos.

With the exception of a couple, everyone I have met has told me that I look incredible compared to my photos and a lot less heavier in person than in the pictures.

I have a relative that is photogenic in a crazy way - Beautiful -regardless of whether it's a cell phone shot, snapshot or professional pic. NOT very attractive in person at all. I'm sure people feel totally ripped off when they meet. But they're definately current pics.
 free4all131220
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/6/2011 6:10:43 AM
this is an interesting thread, it says a lot about how people really are.

I just got out of the forum discussing the importance of intelligence vs. looks, now the truth comes out.

yes I can understand how one would feel deceived by someone not looking like their profile picture. Maybe it's the only one they have, I think most of us would post the best picture of ourselves that we have. My point is this you liked enough other things about the person that you chose to meet them, to be critical of their looks sounds like you're hung up on looks more than you want to admit.

BTW the picture shown here is not real accurate, I have shorter hair and no beard now. I'm told I look better with the short hair, until recently I didn't agree.
 BountyHunterMike
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/6/2011 6:54:45 AM
Sure I've run into it as well...Several times. When I meet them and they look nothing like their pic, I call them a lier and walk away and thanks for wasting my time.

I have been told I look way better than my pics, which is a good thing!!
 creme_ofthecrop
Msg: 126
Posted: 11/12/2011 8:46:52 AM
who the f**k still does that? i mean when you see them what woukld the excuse be.? um i had a moke over?? ESPESCIALLY when they look like a baluga whale and post pics much slimmer or words like AVG body type..aargh
 azurawaters
Msg: 127
Posted: 11/12/2011 10:59:39 AM
The most interesting thing is that most of the peps in the discussion have no picture them selfs. LMFAO at that one. My other favorite crime is the 4 good pics of when they were 10 years younger and the one of what they look like now. Its like oh wow she looks cute I could go out with her yep umm thats a nice photo. Then Kapow 40 extra lbs and short hair with a momo dress on.
 FYVEOH8
Msg: 128
Posted: 11/12/2011 2:30:05 PM
Just make sure the date is short . Have a buddy on standby ready to receive your signal to call your cell phone telling you of an emergency you need to deal with . There's your escape . This is personal , so don't feel sorry for the deed since they were obviously trying to play games with you in order to get what they want out of you .
 lilmisssunshine547
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2011 2:51:10 PM
I took my little sister to meet a guy she had been talking to on myspace(can ya tell this was awhile ago). The pic she showed me was of a nice looking guy, fit, about 25ish. When I pulled up to the car which he said he was in, I looked in the seat to see a man in his early to mid 30, big round face and quite overweight. I was ready to pull away but my sister said she wanted to give him a chance. He told her was in a coma for 5 years and had just woken up looking like that. He also turned out to be a crazy stalker as well. Call our house and swear at her because she had her guy friend over(one who she had been friends with since Kindergarden) and threaten to kill anyone who tried to take her away from him. Yet they only went on one date.
 Giveroflove
Msg: 130
Posted: 11/12/2011 3:21:18 PM
As far as I am concerned, I think you are a liar and being deceitful right off the bat. What else are you going to lie about in your relationship then. I just had a guy ask me out who had a pic from 2006 on here saying it still looks like him, are you kidding me? I am not falling for that. I have recent pics from this Halloween. If I ever met someone and I saw they were being deceitful, I would laugh in their face and walk away, shaking my head. What are some people thinking?? Is theie whole life lies? We shouldn't have to be left to decipher that. Just be real.
 christyis4real
Msg: 131
Posted: 11/12/2011 4:13:25 PM
All a person's gotta do is ask me about my appearance and I always give an honest answer. ALL my pics are from the last 3 months. I have few extra pounds in my profile. I'm not BBW and I am not average and I am not skinny. I'm an "in betweener" . If they are surprised after meeting, then they must have been dreaming up what I MAY or SHOULD look like in their minds. I don't have a tall mirrow, so I have a few self side view shots that I can share if they ask.
 Alpha78
Msg: 132
Posted: 11/13/2011 1:36:37 PM
I have only met 2 men in person and the first one used pictures on his profile of himself a few years back when he was about 100lbs lighter and used "athletic" as his body type description. The other one was just like his pictures and we were actually dating for a year or so. Personally, I try to be as forthcoming as one can be, even answering the most dreaded "how much do you weigh?" question so there won't be any confusion. I had situations where I would describe myself as BBW prior to meeting and most men after meeting me in person would ask why did I describe myself like that because they can't see it. I would tell them that i would rather them expect less and get more than to expect more and get less.
I would say that it is a case of insecurity where people lie to make themselves more likable. Or like the other poster said, maybe they are hoping that their wonderful personalities will make up for lying once you meet in person!
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 133
Posted: 11/13/2011 2:58:32 PM
Hey, it is a normal occurrence. Lies about height, weight and marital status.
Liars and players abound... Real genuine attractive people dont have to be here.
I would be on the landline phone, webcamming before I even considered meeting in person.. That way you know what you are kind of getting.... THe old pics are a favourite with both sexes.....airbrushed and of other people. It they look too good to be true, they usually are..

I met a guy that was almost a dwarf and said he was 5'7". Said he was fit and was fat.
Another one who said he was separated but still living with his wife.
Another one promised to be well dressed and turned up in a nylon tracksuit.
Another one who was looked like he was having triplets and said he was average.
I could go on.

I dont bother anymore with meets and just prefer the forums.

femaleandflirty
Msg: 134
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:08:40 PM
bountyhuntermike

Well you are rather cruel. I can see why you have to be on a dating site. I at least would have a cup of coffee and then make my excuses. We are all human beings and
okay they loaded old pics, but there are worse things, like being married and saying you are single.... scamming vulnerable lonely people....etc...
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:12:00 PM
alpha78
If a man asks me how much I weigh, he is gone..... Also I think women tend to think they are larger than they are and not all men want a skinny minnie....It is insecurity and of course we all want to put our best foot forward in this situation and as you say they hope that once you actually meet the mysterious thing called chemistry will kick in or they are seriously deluding themselves. Men are notorious for that.
They lie to themselves about their height and their weight and their general desirability.

TopGun4U79
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:15:38 PM
I met someone off another dating site. She was great looking, but all her pics were kinda serious w/o her smiling.

Long story short she had vampire fangs...no joke. When walking her to the car after the date I was saying my hail mary's she wouldnt bite me or atleast go for a kiss.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 137
When pictures in the profile look nothing like the person in person.
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:15:56 PM
hi luv Summer2000
I would never travel a great distance to meet anyone. Let them do that. Why on earth he would so misrepresent himself shows he felt he was just fine anyway....He may well have been married or partnered if he had to use such subterfuge.... or mentally deranged, even more scary.
 cvm81
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:16:38 PM
A lot of times she or he may look thinner in pictures because they know how to take pictures in a flattering way. Maybe ask for a full body shot if u are that concerned about size.
 Alpha78
Msg: 139
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:59:04 PM
If a man asks me how much I weigh, he is gone...

I have no problems telling them; after all it is hard to determine how person really looks based just off of their pics. And if he has a problem with it - he better have it sooner than later, the way I see it. People want what they want - regardless or how one feels about it or how wrong it may be that is not going to change.

Men are notorious for that.
They lie to themselves about their height and their weight and their general desirability.

Women actually do the equal amount of deception in online dating from what I have seen. That is why I believe in being straightforward in things that may matter to another person.
 1talltee
Msg: 140
Posted: 11/15/2011 12:20:27 PM
I went out with a girl who had a cute head shot.

I went to pick her up and she called me from her apartment and said.

"BTW I am a little heavier than in the picture, and I am not quite as tall, I weigh 230 lbs"

I try not to be shallow about these things, but she come out wearing a black running suit stretched to the max, and crocs.

I went through with the date, but it was a bad experience all around.
 GooFish
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/15/2011 12:26:54 PM
This can be solved by: Get on webcam now.
 cutenperky2
Msg: 143
Posted: 11/15/2011 2:39:08 PM
people I have met all loooked better then there pictures. I think in general people are going to put up the best pictures they can find.
 christyis4real
Msg: 146
Posted: 11/15/2011 3:40:36 PM
Then back out of the thread and don't read it. Bada bing...bada boom.
 Inexperience
Msg: 147
Posted: 11/15/2011 7:38:28 PM
Its happened to me a couple of times. Some girls don't look exactly like the photos. Thats not my problem its when they lie in the "about me" part of their profile. Some girls claim they are great yet they were the total opposite.
 triadcowboy63
Msg: 148
When pictures in the profile look nothing like the person in person.
Posted: 11/16/2011 5:52:24 AM
I have it stated on my profile to have or at lease reply with a recent pic that represents you now! Not what you were 10 years ago!

That was added after I met someone that had gained about 50-100lbs hair was no longer the same color... bla bla bla

Needless to say the meeting ws over in less than 15 minutes......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >