Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sistermoon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Fortune tellers/tarot cards readersPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The Tarot can be a wonderful spiritual guide when used properly. It will not tell you 'one day you will own a red car' but it can guide you how to achieve that if you want it.
My mum always has a tarot book of some kind at hand. It is only the last couple years I have started to pay any interest in it, she has done two readings for me. The first one baically told me I had to let my feminine side in....... my thoughts at the time were 'feminity meant weakness' but I must admit that without my concious awareness months later my life had changed. To everyone else it probably appeared the same, but inside I felt more complete, confident, happier and even feminine lol.... the second reading I had at the start of this year and again I have new challenges to face, but again I know changes are occuring.
Some believe some don't, if you are open to it I think it can work.
 curlygrl
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Fortune tellers/tarot cards readers
Posted: 1/31/2007 3:03:45 PM
When I was young I was able to read regular playing cards -
will not touch that ever again - read some people I did not know -
scared the shit out of me -
Do I believe - yes- Do I have my cards read or do I read anymore- NO

Sorry - I am American - is this okay?? LOL!!
 restless_native
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2007 4:00:50 PM
It's a money making gimmick that preys on the vulnerable, gullible and plain stupid.

How anyone can seriously believe such rubbish is a complete mystery to me.
 nasty51
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2007 6:25:39 PM
I've got two letters that sum up this whole scene, one's B and the other's S.
 restless_native
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2007 11:08:50 AM
Indeed, I agree absolutely, but the fact remains that there are so many reports of accurate readings out there

Of course there are. But, I think a lot of that is down to the fact that people want to believe and dismiss the things that aren't accurate. The people who believe tend to say that one should keep an open mind. I do find this quite ironic as usually they are the ones who have already convinced themselves it's true and refuse to accept any evidence to the contrary.

Also, statistically, there's a fairly good chance that with all the readings conducted that a medium or psychic could just be lucky and make accurate guesses. Even if this only happens a small percentage of the time there would still be hundreds of accurate readings due to the total number of readings conducted as a whole.

If a medium or psychic truly did have a gift they would get it right every time without making mistakes. Show me one who does and I'll believe.
 Talk4England
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2008 3:36:40 PM
I'm with Robinson in belief though not in expression - ouch.

The apparent accuracy of these types is due to a kind of sensitisation - you forget the times they're wrong in preference to focussing on the times they're right.

You go to a teller/reader 10 times & twice they are close to truth so you 'forget' the 8 times it was pants.
 Blademate
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 5:00:52 AM
Just as with footballers (for example) there are good and bad tarot readers/spirit mediums.

I had a relationship with a well known (esp in the north of England) spirit medium and I know her to be 100% genuine as I attended a dozen or so of her shows and in no way was she making things up to suit the audience.

Also, she gave me a tarot reading which was absolutely spot on.

She's written a couple of autobiographies and yours truly get's a mention. PM me for further details of this particular woman. I'll happily give a link to her website.
 Blademate
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2008 11:09:34 AM
I'm ambidextrous.

I'm a bit of this and a bit of that.

Left and right are two sides of the same coin - sort of.

'Beyond coincidence' is a nice gentle read, though they do touch on Jung's synchronicity theory. Jung and Freud got into some right ol' scrapes via letter many years ago (no email/message boards in them days)
 leetabeens
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2008 8:20:59 AM
There is always some folks who are not going to believe, thats why there is different religions in the world. People choose what they grow up with or are attracted to. Each offers good and positive in some way...lets hope...ha
One thing in common with all religions Ive found is angels...except for buddhism. So we must know that angels do exist. Im a psychic who prays to angels for guidance. Each of us has gifts to share in this life. Lets be open to new ideas just because they dont match our personal beliefs. That doesnt make them wrong ...just different.
 leetabeens
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 3:18:35 PM
Well I do readings with cards, palms or just the energy of the person. I work at a cafe and on the phone and online. I never have to meet the person to give them a prediction. Its worked for me. I do charge for readings but just to cover my costs. I dont make a living with it I have another job. I think if we reach out to help others if we are in need someday there will be someone to help us...laws of karma and all that. Recently Ive been offered a radio show so that may happen soon, and Im sure it will increase my flow of work.
All blessings in 2009
Jenn
 leetabeens
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2009 1:20:28 PM
I dont appreciate being called a con woman. Ive been doing reading for people since I was 15yrs old and for free for the first part of my life. I dont make a living with it, Im sure I could charge double the rate Im currently getting, and as always I offer 3 free questions to everyone which can amount to 500 emails to answer a month. Plus I work at the cafe with my mother who is also a psychic reader, and have a regular job, have raised 4 children and consider myself a spiritual minded person. To judge me without knowing me, that is a common problem we have world wide...with race, religions, and all sorts of differences with people. If your not part of the solution then your part of the problem.
 leetabeens
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2009 12:24:47 PM
Everyone is entitled to there opinion...ha
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >