Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Missy
Msg: 78
support in grievingPage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Smitten, my friend, you did what you had to do to get through an extraordinary time in your life. NEVER appologise for reaching out to friends, internet or 'real' (I'm real damnit, just haven't met you face to face - YET (how's Friday?) )
I'm only a phone call away, but then again, you know that already
Hugs,
~Heather~
 Double Cabin
Msg: 79
view profile
History
support in grieving
Posted: 4/19/2005 1:14:33 PM

Missy
Msg: 104
support in grieving
Posted: 4/25/2005 11:43:47 PM
Webetigs, I just saw your post now. Please accept my condelences. I am very sorry for your loss. I wish you peace and hope you find what you are looking for, whether its friendships or more.

Devil & Mr. Right, my condolences for your losses as well.

Tony my friend, I am so glad you got to see your sister before she passed. How wonderful for her to go with a smile on her face. Now, when you guys think of her you can smile too, and remember her as she left. God bless us all.
Hugs

~Heather~
 tesaz
Msg: 109
support in grieving
Posted: 4/26/2005 3:46:33 AM
OMG devilwoman...my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. I can't even imagine how painful that must have been to hear the news. And you're right, you are not to blame. For one reason or another he made up his mind, on his own. I'm so sorry. Hugs to ya.
 Missy
Msg: 110
support in grieving
Posted: 4/26/2005 8:50:29 AM
The if only's are very hard to deal with - If only I knew that when I took my mom to the hospital that night that I'd never bring her home again - I could have tried to make up for a life time of not telling her how much I appreciated and loved her.

What we learn from these things is that we must never take any moment for granted. We must live life to the fullest. We must make sure the people that the people we love know that we do. We will never know which day will be our last so, maybe its time that we lived each day as if it were and treat it as a gift.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why we call it the present.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 113
view profile
History
support in grieving
Posted: 4/26/2005 9:34:34 AM
 Missy
Msg: 124
support in grieving
Posted: 4/28/2005 8:28:32 AM
for my sister I've never met VERY well put Smitten

~Missy~
 Missy
Msg: 128
support in grieving
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:59:32 AM
Rose, I'm sorry for your loss...but man have you come to the right place. We're only a keystroke away if you need us.
Hugs
~Missy~
 Double Cabin
Msg: 131
view profile
History
support in grieving
Posted: 4/28/2005 7:29:37 PM
 Missy
Msg: 132
support in grieving
Posted: 4/28/2005 10:05:38 PM
DC, you give the BEST hugs...thank you

~Missy~
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 147
support in grieving
Posted: 5/5/2005 1:17:53 AM
At this very moment after reading this thread I cannot find voice to speak the words I feel. Strangers we are yet a common ground of losing a loved one. We can't speak for how everyone feels yet in a combined group we all feel the pain we each have suffered.

I thank you all for sharing a part of your life that I do know is not easy. Mothers Day is coming up and it brings a lot of memories that are painful. My mother was an awesome lady. She loved her family and adored her friends. She was one not to just say I love you but to show it in every way possible. She was truly a joyous person and just to be in her presence made you feel alive. I loved her smile, her zest for life. the softeness in her voice, her loving ways, that wonderful smell she had about her, and her gentle touch. I can only hope her charm and grace spilled over into me.

Dec. 3, 1984, she had spent the day with me christmas shopping. We both took off work to have some shopping time together. I will never forget the joy , the laughter, the smiles, and the heartfelt moments we shared that day. I am grateful that before she drove off the last words we said to one another were "I love you". Mom never made it home. She was killed by a drunk driver at 8:03pm. Broken into pieces was her once beautiful body. Her outer beauty shattered in a split second. To see someone you love lying on a silver slab, broken and mangled leaves a harsh lasting impression.

We will never see her smile, hear her laughter, or embrace her with a hug. My comfort comes in knowing I will see her again one day. Shes an angel now, glowing with all her beauty. Like some of you, I do talk to her a lot. I know she cannot answer me, yet it gives me peace and helps me to live without her here in my life. We all grieve in our own way. Different yet similar.

My heart is with you all in your loss. I appreciate this thread. It has shown me that I am not alone in my feelings. We are all strangers yet united here in this thread. Thank you.

Sandi
 Missy
Msg: 150
support in grieving
Posted: 5/5/2005 9:02:13 AM
This will be my first Mother's Day without my mom, followed closely after by my birthday without her - Hugs needed guys
~Missy~
 sddude
Msg: 152
support in grieving
Posted: 5/5/2005 10:07:30 AM
yes , it gets easier with time, my wife died two years ago , and it is still hard but it is getting easier to bear , still get depressed during special days though .
 Double Cabin
Msg: 154
view profile
History
support in grieving
Posted: 5/5/2005 10:39:22 AM
Thanks to all that sent me hugs this morning. These are tough days.
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 156
support in grieving
Posted: 5/5/2005 7:36:52 PM
HUGS to all...I want to thank everyone for being here. Hugs from here mean more than words can say.

Hugs, prayers, thoughts, and just know a special hug straight from my heart........

Sincerely,
Sandi
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 158
support in grieving
Posted: 5/5/2005 7:57:29 PM
Ashley1861

I will pray for recovery for your sister. I do hope she will be ok.

HUGS
Sandi
 Missy
Msg: 162
support in grieving
Posted: 5/6/2005 12:49:30 AM

For all of you that offered support to me and to others in this thread, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Keep in mind that Sunday and Wednesday will be tough ones for me. I might come lQQking for more 's LOL
Bless you all
~Missy~
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 163
support in grieving
Posted: 5/6/2005 1:02:49 AM
Missy, feel free to email me anytime you would like to talk. I do understand...

HUGS,
Sandi
 Knight Rider
Msg: 168
support in grieving
Posted: 5/12/2005 1:29:09 AM
missy,I almost lost my mom
to breast cancer,and I thank GOD I still have her!!!!!!
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 171
support in grieving
Posted: 5/12/2005 11:29:45 PM
HUGS....As he soars with the angels..he knows you forgave him..
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 188
support in grieving
Posted: 6/25/2005 1:18:00 AM
Devilwoman, My thoughts and prayers are with you. Losing someone you love is something that is forever embedded in your heart. Like you, I find sharing with others who have lost loved ones also gives me a sense of peace. Even though no one can truly understand the depth of how you feel, we can relate to that feeling of loss of a loved one. For me, I cherish the memories. Memories will never leave you. The greatest treasure in life is loving someone. Even though they die and are no longer with us, we cannot lose that treasure for it remains forever in our heart and soul. When my mom died I felt like a part of me died with her. As time went by I found if I touch my heart, she is with me always. People we love become a part of us. They touch our lives in so many ways. When they do leave us, our life is forever changed yet forever bound to cherish the love once shared. Embrace it with a gentle grace..

jennifer j
Msg: 191
support in grieving
Posted: 6/26/2005 1:09:58 AM
I always plant something so whenever I look at it I can focus and think about the beautiful person it represents
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >