Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What Not to Wear at this Stage?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JoeBnD
Msg: 101
What Not to Wear at this Stage?Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I have a feeling that very soon I will be wearing a hearse followed shortly by an urn. I am currently fighting going to the hospital yet again, but it may be a futile battle.

-------

Why did you assume that I was saying that the hospital was going to be the cause of my death. No, I just don't want to go due to the cost and I don't want that damn tube down my nose/throat.. I went 6 times last year (some of which were free due to reaching my max out-of-pocket).
 ozsealady1
Msg: 102
What Not to Wear at this Stage?
Posted: 3/6/2015 9:39:08 PM
I hope you are wrong Joe.

All the best and I hope you have a full recovery.

Hospitals do make people better.
That is the purpose of their existence.

If they wanted you in a hearse they would not bother spending any time, effort, expertise or money on keeping you alive.

I suggest you wear a positive attitude.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/7/2015 12:00:55 PM
Has anyone met someone at a Walmart?

Which department (i.e. meats, toys) ?
 Grl_next_door
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/7/2015 2:54:14 PM
"Why did you assume that I was saying that the hospital was going to be the cause of my death. No, I just don't want to go due to the cost and I don't want that damn tube down my nose/throat.. I went 6 times last year (some of which were free due to reaching my max out-of-pocket)". ...(Joe)

Once you give up on yourself there is nothing anyone else can say or do.

A neighbour in the last place I lived had wasted down to about 80 lbs. from not eating or caring for herself. Her daughter had died the previous year. It didn't matter what I suggested to try to get her to save herself, she was not interested. She kindly declined all of my offers to drive her to a doctor, or to an agency that could help her.

All of my suggestions were met with excuses and denial. I still wonder about her a lot and whether she is still living like that or whether she has passed away.

Don't give up on yourself, Joe. And yeah, that hose up the nose is gawd awful...been there too.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/7/2015 8:01:17 PM
Scotchlassie- I am with both of you.
Comfort first :)
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/11/2015 10:14:47 PM

If you have a 'good figure' and dress in a 'youthful style', is that considered flattering or 'putting out the wrong message'? I saw this woman the other day from behind. She was tall and slim, had skin tight jeans, a small camoflage jacket, boots and purse to match. When she turned around, she was quite an older woman...and I went Yipes!

Tight jeans and a camo-jacket, and matching boots & purse. OK. I see plenty of women wearing jeans that are pretty tight, whether it fits them well, or they fill them out well (like plus sized) when they're old.

OH, but wait -- she looked GOOD in it, until she turned around to show her face that she's Old. Sooo, she should wear a moo-moo? Some "mom jeans"? ;)

What one shouldn't wear is what doesn't look good on them, which is commonly due to age. So when we say "50 year olds shouldn't be dressed like [this]," it's because 99% of 50 year olds are not going to look good in them. If we see a 50-something on TV wearing it, we don't flinch -- because they're of that 1% in body that does fit well with it.

But just because she has an "old face" doesn't mean she shouldn't. If you think so, then you should tell people who have other reasons their face isn't attractive as found in such slim-good-looking styles.... like those with considerable skin problems or really Bad teeth. You'll get the same reaction looking from behind, but then they turn around and you go "Oh!". Doesn't have to be an age difference than what you firmly expected. In fact, I'd say the "old face" is much better than the various, common "butter face".
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2015 4:09:35 AM

To better qualify 'wrong types': a woman dresses in a sexy dress and then complains because men are hitting on her 'only for sex', when in actual fact she wants more then that.

^^^^^^^^
Women get hit on covered in fitted jeans/yoga pants and a turtle neck just as much as in a skirt and low cut blise.Men have imaginations and your shape is what makes them go ga ga , not lack of material .

In fact they rather "imagine"imo

The only thing showing lots of flesh does imo, they think you want sex with anyone (including them, when you don't). So dont see the point of that at all.

Men look at you and think "What does she look like NEKID"? No matter what.Many have told me this.
They also go on and on about that thigh gap as if its a tunnel that leads to a pot of gold.Now I keep my legs together a lot more in pics so they cant see it.

If we wear clothing that is good for our body type and fits the activity we are doing, anything else that is someone elses opinion of how we dress is their problem.

We can't please other people, so we might as well please ourselves.

^^^^^^^^Agree

But just because she has an "old face" doesn't mean she shouldn't. If you think so, then you should tell people who have other reasons their face isn't attractive as found in such slim-good-looking styles.... like those with considerable skin problems or really Bad teeth. You'll get the same reaction looking from behind, but then they turn around and you go "Oh!". Doesn't have to be an age difference than what you firmly expected. In fact, I'd say the "old face" is much better than the various, common "butter face".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree 100%, Just because my face is older ,I should dress like a granny that doesnt care?
Not happening.

rearguard*2
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2015 7:07:21 AM
I always presume that everyone who is dating is interested in finding a sexual partner. Otherwise, why bother dating?

So, if you are interested in finding a sexual partner, dress in the fashion that you think will attract someone who is interested in the same level of sexual involvement as you prefer.

In my experience, different people find different dress styles appealing, so if you have a preferred dress style, you will attract someone who finds that style sexy, whatever that style happens to be. If you find you are not getting the desired level of interest, either change dating circles (i.e. change dating site, social environment, job, city, church), or change your style.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2015 11:18:06 AM
'tunia commented:
Women get hit on covered in fitted jeans/yoga pants and a turtle neck just as much as in a skirt and low cut blise.Men have imaginations and your shape is what makes them go ga ga , not lack of material .

While I wholeheartedly agree with Miss 'tunia on this, I would like to add that some clothing, though fully covering, is more conducive to the imagination than other clothing. The frustrated old man in me is ever thankful for the ascendance of yoga pants in the public square - even though I have seen a few who should have radically chosen another style of dress. Personally, I like a well toned woman in yoga pants and a kicky little skirt. On a healthy woman of my age, one who has been able to maintain a wonderful level of apparent fitness it creates in my mind an appearance of a youthful mind set - something I highly prize.

'tunia further commented:
In fact they rather "imagine"imo
OK, I understand this comment, esp. from a woman who is willing to understand men and our nature; yet, I do not 100% agree. At least for myself, while my imagination doth runneth over, I much prefer that the imagination be coupled to a promise that the imagination may someday/sometime be realized. Otherwise to me it is just torture and unrequited lust - not desire.

Case in point, Miss 'tunia made a comment sometime ago concerning herself, a robe, a hottub, and the presence, or lack thereof, of certain clothing under the robe. While my imagination has yet fully quelled, and truly, I did enjoy the image, during the ensuing time I believe I fried a few too many synapses. As I said: torture.

TK
[Miss 'tunia, no more word pictures, please, I'm barely functioning as it is]
 clarice46
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/13/2015 12:25:49 AM
As they say "mutton dressed up as lamb" with some older women. They are really denying their age
and wearing skin tight pants and the longer blonded hair is not really becoming when you are well and truly into the elder years.
As for attracting the wrong types when you are seductively dressed, it would depend on who I find attractive whether it the wrong one or not. There is a difference in looking trashy and tarty and looking sexy and attractive. It can be a fine line for sure.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2015 4:59:14 AM
Tarnished you are a fav of mine, but I do not recall a hot tub incident like that at all.
Imagination is a good thing, but maybe someone else or a misinterpretation?
Maybe I forgot? Doubt it with my concern for icky contaminants from other women.

The only hot tub I remember is a guy trying to get me in one at his house and me thinking "Ewww, how many women has he had in there?" "cooties""yeast" etc.

But if you make sure there are no cooties and have a bit O' spiced rum and grapefruit juice, I may consider it.
Esp, if we have some Marvin Gaye on the stereo

As long as you're groovin'
There's always a chance
Somebody's watching
Might wanna make romance

Move your body, ooo baby, you dance all night
To the groove and feel alright
Everybody's groovin' on like a fool
But if you see me - let me in
Baby just party high and low
Let me step into/ to your erotic zone

Move it up
Turn it 'round
Ooo Shake it down
Ooowwwwww

There is a difference in looking trashy and tarty and looking sexy and attractive. It can be a fine line for sure.

I agree , but who is to say what that line is and it IS different for different people due to many things that have little to do with age.Again IMO..

rearguard*2
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2015 6:19:50 AM
Long hair at any age is appealing if its well kept and whatever the color. Older women have bodies that can be just as appealing as those of younger women.

Dress to your comfort. Forget the rest.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2015 8:21:43 AM
I am always shopping for new things to wear a couple times a week LOL. I wear what I like and I wear what is in style and it looks good on me. I have a bad habit of shopping.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/13/2015 12:22:59 PM
Before coming to the USA, my wife bought me one of those Speedo very skimpy swimsuits. I don't think she understood beach fashion in the USA, Thais tend to think we all wear clothes that are too revealing.

No way would I wear this, not even in private, I hate the way I look. I have always had at least a small gut, often bigger than small.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2015 2:18:42 PM
'Tunia,

My apologies, the passage I recall was not a actual event but more of a "what if" seduction scenario from many many moons ago. And it wasn't a public hot tub. I empathize with the thought of "contaminants" - though my reluctance would be from other men (hadn't even thought of women's "contaminants").

How 'bout we put this aside as a frustrated old man's overactive imagination, eh?

TK
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2015 3:01:09 AM
^^^^^^
I like your imagination ..wasn't meant to be anything but clarification.
We are def ok.
 cooldog65
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2015 8:50:23 AM
What not to wear as a man at my age is skinny jeans.

I do dress younger than my age since I shop in the young men's section. I have revamped my jeans part of my wardrobe by stepping away from my baggy cut jeans and going to a relaxed bootcut style. I feel it gives me a more streamlined look.

Since I wear either a large or extra large in shirts, I'm leaning more towards large as the extra large tends to look a bit more baggy and long. I'm keeping the extra large ones that fit a little smaller.

Change is always good. Nothing drastic, just a little tweaking. I didn't realize my look had become a bit dated (early to mid 2000s).
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2015 3:50:59 PM
Cooldog........more men need to think like you do. It's sad when a man in his 60's is still stuck dressing in the 70's.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/21/2015 4:53:45 PM
I was going to be flippant about just cause it fits, white belts then I realized I ordered leather shorts. They will need to use the Jaws of Life to get them off me when the hot weather happens..
meanwhile I am a bit of a fashion snob
I like white shirts, on men, untucked, with a t shirt under.
Not a wife beater
No woman over 12 should wear terry towel anything, or tube tops.
No man should wear bike shorts unless on said bike
Please. I beg you
 CharminC
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/21/2015 6:37:41 PM

oh crap
*blushes*
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/21/2015 6:57:28 PM

I like white shirts, on men, untucked, with a t shirt under.
Not a wife beater

Glad to see someone likes that style of casual dress. :) A staple
 474rusty
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/21/2015 7:33:12 PM
Any male over 10 in a speedo and any woman over 45 in a bikini. White belts on men, white shoes unless they are sneakers. Low rise plumbers butt jeans on any gender, any age.
 CharminC
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/22/2015 11:58:52 AM

Low rise plumbers butt jeans on any gender, any age.

Double crap

In my defense;
a) they need to stop making buttcrack jeans for crists sakes. It's either that or maternity/granny jeans.
b) I am genetically born with no ass
c) I wear super long shirts that cover the whole freaking non existing ass ... and a shirt over that one..... just to be sure.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/22/2015 12:09:04 PM

oh crap
*blushes*

Yep! You're 16 -- you're well past the age! No tube tops for you! But you can sleep with a desperate forumite in Maine (see other thread) and it'll be kosher. Just no tube tops!

No man should wear bike shorts unless on said bike

Well, in swimming, the modern-day suit is either much-of-the-body covering suit or biker-shorts. Beats a speedo you aren't so fond of, right?

a) they need to stop making buttcrack jeans for crists sakes. It's either that or maternity/granny jeans.

Oh, Mom Jeans, you mean? "I'm not a woman anymore... I'm a mom!" I don't know about Canadia, but there seems to be plenty of jeans that are non-butt-crack and non-Mom-Jeans.

b) I am genetically born with no ass

Well, you could do some a$$ exercises -- and in the mean time wear granny panties to ensure any crack is covered when bending over, if that's all the fashionable jeans that are available...

c) I wear super long shirts that cover the whole freaking non existing ass ... and a shirt over that one..... just to be sure.

Or wearing non-jeans underneath (like ladies boxers?) could help, too. After all, if it's cold enough up there to wear two long shirts, it's cold enough to do that. Unless one's aiming for visible a$$-crack shots or panty shots. Then obviously neither are needed.

I am always shopping for new things to wear a couple times a week LOL. I wear what I like and I wear what is in style and it looks good on me.

Wow... either styles change every week where you're at, or you haven't heard the invention of a Washing Machine. And they make dryers, too! :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/22/2015 3:17:20 PM
Bike shorts are for bikes
Tube tops are for tubes
Charmin - 'm sure you have a delightful bottom.
I will be happy when pant rises a bit higher.. altho the high waisted jeans don't suit me either. We can wear suspenders LOL
No idea what the Maine forumite is all about btw NG. Of course you keep thinking it is the 90s :/
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What Not to Wear at this Stage?