Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 scruldbrug
Msg: 102
single minded people on single mothersPage 17 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

Why not talk about all the men out there who have 5 kids with 4 different moms and do not take care of any of them....

Sorry.... I'd love to play this game, but I don't know any guys like that.....

scruldbrug
Msg: 105
single minded people on single mothers
Posted: 4/12/2007 3:16:55 PM

oh scruldbrug....come on...lets play this game...

Well, oookkkkkkk.....

Before I got snipped about 10 years ago, I had 15 kids by 17 different mothers... I don't pay any support for any of the little crumb-crunchers. I live under an assumed name and I'm filthy rich. None of them has ever or will ever see a dime...

mmmuuaaahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scruldbrug
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/12/2007 4:37:02 PM

well then u have just seen how i have generalized all men into a category...just the same way many people have done to single moms on this thread....point proven!!!Thanks for playing the POF game!! U win.....NOTHING!!!!

I don't win anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaat!

You cheated.

Anyway.... men get generalized on here all the time. NCP's as deadbeats or controlling a-holes, all men cheat, all men are incapable of emotions, men are insensitive, lying b*$tards, men don't love their kids or spouses the way the ought to, men are self-centred......... etc, etc.....

It all goes both ways. And, sometimes, generalities do point out things that are generally true....

B'bye, now....

(...and you hide it well, but I KNOW you still love me...)
 squidstew
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2007 12:18:56 PM
I think single mothers are awesome, amazing people. My parents divorced I think when I was about 11 years old. And even though my dad was still around, he wasn't much as far as being a dad, and I think it took a lot for my mom to do what she did. One of my sisters is also a single mother, with 2 children by a deadbeat who only pays child support because he lives with his mother, and if he didn't pay, she'd kick him out. She also has one child by another guy, and is trying to regain custody of him, but it's a losing battle. Anytime I talk to a single mother, doing whatever she has to do to provide for her children, often at the expense of her own dignity or happiness, I feel a deep respect for her. I would actually kind of like to meet, and possibly date a single mom, because I love kids, eventhough I don't have any of my own yet, and I know they have a sense of love and devotion much stronger than most people these days know anything about. If there's any single moms who would like to talk, maybe even meet, get in touch w/ me.
 junipermoon
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2007 4:51:46 AM
i have a friend who works as a doula. she and i had a conversation about the epidemic of teenage mothers in our town. we decided to try and form some sort of early intervention program at the middle school level to attempt to prevent the cycle from continuing.

this got me to thinking about this thread and the drivel spewed herein berating single mothers. if we find a situation so offensive and so threatening, we need to do more than give it lip service. if we feel strongly enough about the perceived problem, why not go ahead and DO something about it?

i don't intend to plan this program to boost my own ego. my friend and i hope to help build a stronger community.

to those intent on condemnation, realize that we need to consider the greater good and cease the attention-seeking and narcissism that leads to so much prattle.
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 141
Posted: 4/20/2007 11:13:41 PM
she doesnt even want to date anyone with previous children
now figure that one out... DQ why are you here in this forums?? (scratches head)) i can only conclude one answer

can you guess?

oh wait!! you are representing the single minded people!! (slaps knee,laughs) why that is sooooo nice of you!!

well.... single parents (male and female) do have it hard and the more you are at it alone, the harder it is
also, although we didnt force the jerks in our lives to treat us the way they do
we do in fact have a hand in choosing our destiny .. sorry but thats the truth... bitter pill?
as for single minded people.. if it werent for them, we wouldnt learn why we should be more understanding
*smiles
 junipermoon
Msg: 198
view profile
History
moving on to empowerment
Posted: 4/25/2007 6:54:04 AM
~ honest iago ~ (yes, i get the reference):

Girls are the worst bullies around, and you bunch sure remind me of them.

y'all have turned a troll into a martyr.

single parents have a hard enough time staying empowered without people berating them for the sole purpose of attracting attention to themselves.

i have no children of my own, but i prefer to date men who already have kids. i can tell a great deal about them from the way they handle their offspring. i fully understand that their children will always come first. i have the confidence and maturity to accept this fact comfortably. anyone who can't accept that has some narcissistic issues they need to look at. no one's asked me for money for their kids. no one's asked me to watch their kids. and i don't feel threatened by the children's mother.

i do see the problem of reproducing before one should. i think that situation is the one that everyone gets so wound up about.

yet, no one has offered any concrete ideas to help prevent the single mom cycle from continuing. does anyone here do work with 4h? girl scouts? big brothers/big sisters? ywca? anything?
 misplacedcountryboy
Msg: 333
Posted: 5/8/2007 12:23:59 PM
I can't speak for all men. But your idea of what people think isn't only limited to singel mom's. I'm a widower raising 2 kids that were born out of love..Seem's like women don't want to get too involved with a guy raising kids. I'm sure you are a wounderful mom and a great lady but would you concider a commited relationship with a guy and his kids. People both men and women will always judge each other no matter weather their right or wrong. The only thing you should do is hold your head high and love the great kids you have. One day that man will come into your life and not care who the fathers are of the kids you have. He will just love them and care about them.. Just hope it will happen to me soon...
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 367
Single minded people on single mother's
Posted: 10/28/2007 10:36:22 AM

okey doke. so women should just go back to wearing sweater sets & aprons & making sure to have a scotch on the rocks ready in hand when their man walks through the door at the end of the day.

I love watching old reruns of Bewitched. I truely think Daren and Samantha were drunks. Everytime he came home from work, or they had a dinner party, that scotch was readily available. Shed be all dressed in a dinner dress or an apron with a scotch on the rocks for Daren and Mr. Tate.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 370
Posted: 10/30/2007 9:31:15 AM
Johne, my thinking is alot like yours on the traditional level, however, as nice as it would be to get back to the "simpler days", Im realistic enough to say that "it just aint gonna happen". I think you need to come to that realization too. And I dont mean to "settle" and "conform", but rather, just realize that times are different, advances were made, and people's thought process is just always going to be different from yours or anyone elses.

When I see a single mom (especially those under 25 years of age) with multiple children all with differant father's it makes me question why culd she not make the relationship work with at least one of the father's?

I see you tend to put strain on the woman as the one to make it end. And Im just curious, why that is? Do you ever think that just MAYBE the man could have been the one to walk away? Or do you just have this narrow mind in thinking that when you see a single mom, its always her fault? If you question why she couldnt make it work, do you ever think that MAYBE "gee, why couldnt the man try harder to make it work?"

At what point, if any, do you try and wonder if perhaps the man was at fault? Im curious, because you tend to focus too much on this being a womans issue.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 371
Posted: 10/30/2007 11:31:37 AM

I think both men and women need to work to make the relationship work.

Ok gotcha. Great. So from now on, dont "single mom" this and "single mom" that.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 372
Posted: 10/30/2007 11:57:02 AM
CS has to be brought into it with you everytime.
(slaps forehead)
Why didnt I see that comming?

single mom's this, single mom's that, yada yada yada.

Oh sweet jesus, you fit this title well.

nevermind. carry on.
yawn
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 373
Posted: 10/30/2007 3:25:03 PM
Not one damn bit. Sorry.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 379
Posted: 11/1/2007 8:13:51 AM

Have you learned from your past?

Have YOU Johne?

Who the f.uck gives you the right to come off as 'condemning' to these single mothers?
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 380
Posted: 11/1/2007 8:22:26 AM

and you know what my dating policy is!!!!

No I dont. Can you maybe repeat it one more time?
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 383
Posted: 11/1/2007 9:30:12 PM
Why 13 years old?
I thought you said you were done dating single mom's....
You are a flippy character.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 385
Posted: 11/1/2007 9:36:27 PM

and john, people besides Rivergirl, Pucks & myself are starting to notice your single mom fetish...maybe it's time to find a new topic?

Its a huge obvious fetish. He just tries to mask it with this overabundace for concern of the "laws". I think hes just really a lost, confused, misplaced, flippy soul. See, this one or maybe 2, no, its maybe 3 (I dunno, I lost count after he appeared too generous) single mom's took him and his ever so sacred money, for a ride. Now, we must be cast out to all them evil demons. We must be subjected to his evil redudant redderick. Cause ya know, he IS GOING to change that law dammit! You know, the one where it states that those single mom's that HE PROMISES NEVER TO DATE AGAIN, will be held accountable. (I drip of sarcasm, I know)

It drips of it so bad, that it reaks.
Just sayin'.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 390
Posted: 11/3/2007 8:14:14 AM

I want to have children of my own after I meet Ms Right.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh dont we all muh darlin'! Dont we allllllllllllllllllll!

no matter ghow logical someone's opinion is when they respond to these posts if it is not popular with single mother's many will bash him.

In your mind its logical, to others, it is not. We all have different opinions, we all think OURS is right. Therefore, it creates debate topics. There is NO right or wrong. However, you do this too. You absolutely refuse to see a single mother's side because you condem. Constantly. While its your right to have your view, your paint brush is smudged because it has too much of the same color of paint. So you''ll refuse to see it any other way, which means YOU do the same thing you accuse others of with your opinion approcah. Its stale, weak, redundant, and laughable.

We all have choices sweetie you nmade yours and I am making mine.

Yup. So you can STFU about getting an answer, because it will never set with you.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 392
Posted: 11/3/2007 8:37:26 AM
mlsaarln, its fallen on death ears hun. Hes looking for HIS answer and his answer only. He has a right to post here, yada yada yada, bullshit bullshit bullshit. Yawn. The single mothers did a real mess of him, hes on here to educate us dammit! ha.
 untamed one
Msg: 394
Posted: 11/3/2007 5:35:10 PM
So why won't you marry one , ? you'll date for awhile ? Then walk away >?
 mudpuppy5
Msg: 402
Posted: 11/28/2007 9:21:22 PM
hi.... I'm a single mom of a 20 month old son, I have had nothing but support from friends and family but my ex (not my sons father) said to a friend ours that I wanted to have my son and live off the government! which he knew very well wasn't the case I was raped! and I go to school. My son is my life and I would do anything for my son, but I do have to LAUGH VERY HARD my exs mother was a single mother up until he was 6 and getting help from the government, all I have to say is NICE!!!!!!!!!! I told him he needed to grow up.
 Lucky_Vet
Msg: 409
Posted: 4/1/2008 8:07:08 PM
am young, i am well educated and i simply fell in love with the wrong man. this pregnancy was not planned, i was on contraception but it happened and i will love her like i love my others despite my single parent status"

You are 22, have 3 kids that consume most of your time. You are in no way desirable to a fit able male of your same age who wants what all men want: A family of their own.
 Lucky_Vet
Msg: 410
Posted: 4/1/2008 8:09:24 PM
"better family values we would not need so many social programs. Now with that in the media what does that do to the perception of single mothers. "

john, the gov't creates the very low value generations that call for more social programs. We call it the garbage generation, a dependent, self entitled victim complex ever expanding group of people who look to gov't for solutions.

I could go on, but will spare you the harsh statistical realities of what households breed 90% of our criminals.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >