Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 themadfiddler
Msg: 60
reincarnation - does it actually happenPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

.. or perhaps they watched some epic movie when they were a child ......

Well of course. That is the obvious solution. It all depends on how much verifiable detail they are able to produce.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 61
reincarnation - does it actually happen
Posted: 4/13/2008 5:15:51 PM

if reincarnation does exist, how can it explain the incredible population increase?

Aren't you assuming that only earth dwellers are capable of reincarnating?

Without bringing in the possibility of other planets and their lifeforms

Why would you do that?

Here's my "take" on reincarnation. First, I have to say the the concept of "belief" isn't really in my vocabulary. Either I know something or I don't know. So if people ask me if there's a god, who knows!

But I've seen more than enough clinical evidence and personal experiences to know, with confidence, that reincarnation is real as rain as is phychic phenomena....mind reading. I met a true psychic over 30 years ago and she absolutely blew my mind. She told me very specific things about myself that she could not possibly have known.
 bluezoot_riot
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/22/2008 5:32:01 AM
I don't think reincarnation exists.

I have had spiritual experiences from God.

These occurred in this life.

If I were to experience, some vague idea of having a past life, it would still have occurred in this life.

Hence I do not believe in reincarnation. The concept is superfluous to me.

I believe Jesus died for my sins, (no matter how hard I fight it)

reincarnation, if I were to believe in, would make His death a moot point. Unless you deny scripture, which I have heard people do, and essentially change who Jesus presented himself to be(God in the flesh)but then you have no basis for believing in Jesus. For if He said he's God, what he says would be Truth. Therefore you cannot change Jesus' message, unless you deny his divinity, if you do, there is no reason to even follow, for there is no authority on His truth.

People try and combine the two, which there cannot be;

it's either one or the other the way I see it.
 Blademate
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2008 6:05:49 AM
As for the subject title: Not sure - but read my post on 'Gifts from those that have passed away' thread.

I can explain more, but it might do peeps heads in. :-)

And besides, it would take ages to do on a message board.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/23/2008 3:40:45 AM
I never used to believe this happened, but the more I learn the more I believe it does happen. I have a friend whose 3 yr old wrote with some lipstick on a mirror one day. She did not have time to clean it up before her husband (who was from Jordan) came home. He saw the mirror, and the little girl had written words in Arabic. She used to also tell her mom when she was upset with her "I like my Momma black hair better than you". My friend has blonde hair. I also saw a show once where a pediatric cardiologist did some research on his patients who had 'died' on the table and were revived. He had these children draw pictures of their experiences. Many showed profound things, but one little child had a picture that stuck out in my mind. When the physician asked her about the people off to the side in the picture, she said, "Oh, those are the babies and the old grandpas waiting to come back".

I don't know if these memories are real or not, they obviously cannot be proved, but I also think that there are many things experienced by many people in regards to reincarnation that cannot be disproved.
 yna6
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/23/2008 11:14:54 AM
I could tell you the whole truth of the matter...but it may be better to wait till next time around in life for you to actually discover it yourself....my, teaching can be fun...lol!
 Vancer
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/23/2008 4:09:34 PM
I'm probably going to be reincarnated into ashes and dust.
 yna6
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/24/2008 7:19:23 PM
The dreams that get me are the ones about how you died before. They suck!
 AnthonyU
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/28/2008 5:04:29 PM
What I have come to believe.

First of, what is your definition of reincarnation may be different than mine.

A persons personality may be engraved or imprinted in the DNA/bloodline of a child.

Please note that one who has been around someone who has passed, has that persons personality imprinted on their mind. They remember them.

When someone states or does something that was apart of the departed ones personality, someone who was close to that person will identify with that statement or action and magnify it as the one departed spirit coming through to the physical realm.

As one who is sensitive after being burnt severely, so is one who has a love one that has passed away. The one who has experienced loss will be more enlightened and hungry to hear for something that will give them understanding, clarity or closure. They will magnify anything that remotely gives them some kind of hope.

Furthermore, a group of people can follow a theme of one individual and all will say that have the spirit of so and so.

The bible stated that when Cane killed Able, the very blood cried out from the ground. Throughout the bible there are great onus on flesh, bones and blood that retain a form of remembrance. I believe the blood has a capacity to store information and can be passed on. Some people may be more sensitive to comprehending it then others.

Also, Satan will do what he can do to cause all to focus on anything else then God, including using is demons to masquerade and pretending to be someone they are not. Satan's demons where around before, during and after that person had ceased from living. They love to make one believe that they are hearing a departed ones voice. That one can have profound revelation of a passed life. A person can get wrapped up in the thrill of having this experience. Yet, it's all to make you, and all that you tell to turn away, and to question, the true and living God. One will give up one faith to be apart of another because they think they are getting the results they were looking for. Yet, they believed a lie an d fell from the faith that was to give them real life.
 Opusvoid
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2008 9:45:15 PM
It really depends if you believe in it. I believe in it, but then again, I have memories before I was born...I remember being born...

Past lives are just part of my own beliefs.
 Vancer
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/28/2008 10:44:37 PM

A persons personality may be engraved or imprinted in the DNA/bloodline of a child.

That's like the plot of Assassin's Creed.
 Jacobus101
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2008 1:02:40 AM
Vancer:

That's like the plot of Assassin's Creed.

I know, right? I personally think the idea is bunk (unless there's some serious proof for it that I don't know of), but it made a good premise for a game storyline, anyway. Too bad Assassin's Creed is so ridiculously repetitive.
 TheHumanist
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/30/2008 8:41:55 AM
If your a Hindu yes, if your a christian you don't.
 rebel777
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/3/2008 4:47:40 PM
Hmm,I have always believed that Mother Nature doesn't waste anything..
I have had dreams as well..
 d0rene
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2008 7:01:54 PM

This reminds me of a book I once read (the title escapes me at the moment) about a woman who had a heart & lung transplant and found she was experiencing thoughts and feelings she had not had previously. In the end, through them, she was able to trace the family of the young man whose organs she had received, and verify that he did indeed think this way, etc. Makes you wonder....

Transplants, to me, are different than reincarnation. Dr. Paul Pearsall wrote a book called, "The Heart's Code," that went into his findings as as a transplant surgeon. He felt som cellular memories actually reside in tissue. The strongest memories that come through came from multiple organ transplants such as heart/lung. Of course, he also believed that heart has a stronger impact on the body than we currently give it. Egyptians believed that the heart was the center of the body instead of the brain - Pearsall prescribed to the theory that the heart was as much the center as the brain and that a lot of our current problems are the brain constantly overriding the more peaceful, loving heart.

My reading on the subject of reincarnation has given some thought to whether the memories could be connected to genetic cellular memories inscribed in the DNA, but some of the regressions were from people who had no descendants, or from people who had no way of being genentically linked.

Other countries are more open minded about this and in some Arabic countries children who recalled their previous family actually attended funerals for former family members. The current family did not seem to feel threatened. The book on that was "Old Souls."
 d0rene
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2008 4:14:40 PM

I agree. I did not mean to imply they were similar , only that they both fall into the realm of the 'unprovable' [\quote]

NotThatItMatters - sorry didn't catch what you were referring to till I went back through.

As for my definition of reincarnation it is being able to vividly recall memories from life lived in a different physical body. As for why we usually forget? I have trouble clearly remembering what happened 6 months ago let alone having to go through all the physical changes a child grows through and trying to remember all the new stuff I would be expected to. I have heard of many regressions happening in the same family and I can't help wondering if the cell memory can't if not the single reason, be a contributing cause.

You very seldom hear of someone regressing to someone famous. Mainly because fame is a burden, sort of a punishment that gets slammed on you. Would anyone really wanted to have had to go through all of Michael Jackson's or Elvis's lives? For those that do recall a life as a famous person it is often actually someone in their entourage who identifies very closely with that person and can recall many of the events in their life.
 susan_cd
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/14/2010 8:28:27 PM
To answer the thread title simply... no.
 cbbull21
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/14/2012 8:23:07 PM
Have you ever asked yourself, "If reincarnation actually happens, does it lead to apparent contradictions?" What is reincarnated, souls?

You drink water everyday. Undoubtedly, all of it has at one time been potable or waste water. Isn't chemistry beautiful? You filter it and isolate the H2 O molecules and they are no different from any other water molecules.
Drawing an analogy, there's no obvious reason to think that there is any consciousness diffused throughout any structure in our bodies that might be transferable, i.e. stem cells.

Is there a limit to the number of souls? a Hall of Souls if you will, as can be contradictory to the thought that every person is born with their own soul in the case that more people have lived than the Hall allows.

There is an upper limit to the number of living organisms. All or a maximum but possibly diminishing number, T, of these can have a soul. If every organism has a soul and it must be immediately reincarnated except those who achieve nirvana, it is unreasonable to expect the number of living organisms to remain constant at (T). Who or what allocates them? Once you die, another person, ant, or thing must be born? Ha. If 5 people die, that would make a perfect litter of puppies.

In Buddhism, the goal is to escape the rebirth cycle, is it not? One less organism alive yet more people alive now than in the sum of all history. It sounds like some other species must have went near-extinct. That's not to say that Buddhism is pro-extinction, genocide, or murder. Man could render the Earth inhabitable for all life, but the Sun or given enough time the laws of thermodynamics make it inevitable. This either puts an ultimatum on achieving nirvana, or leaves the rest of the souls stranded without a body. That sounds like some people's idea of Hell.

To be fair, as I perceive it,Buddhists aren't supposed to believe in God or souls, but as long as you're part of the cycle you can practically say that you do.
 cbbull21
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/15/2012 6:23:31 AM
Man could render the Earth*UNinhabitable for all life
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/30/2012 5:51:42 PM
I will post an answer to this in my next life.
So you may have to wait abit.
:-p
 RussArtLover
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2013 5:50:30 AM
I'd be more inclined to believe children\people can be so open they telepathically pick up memories about places\events.

But I wouldn't completely rule out reincarnation. We've only scratched the surface of inter-dimensional physics and the Mind could be exclusive of the brain. We could be merely "driving" these bodies around like cars. When they die it would depend on our virtuosity whether we could be innocent enough to be newborn again or come back as something more brutish, say, a snake. Or move on as some new form of energy being not needing a body, but able to manifest one if we choose to.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 101
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:26:42 PM
Been thinking of Lucretius "On Nature of Things"
and his view that after our deaths our atoms just scatter.
And recompose into something else with other atoms.

no soul.
Just a never ending material recycling process.

However, maybe awareness is as indestructible as matter.
Maybe it IS dark matter.
(that great scientific fudge expression for something beyond the measurable.)

Just as atoms scatter and bounce about but don't go away or change,
so too maybe our awareness remains....and doesn't change.
Until atoms re-congealed it in another form.
such a form would not remember the last.
Like it's atoms....it's just a new combo of basic parts.
some material.
Some not.
 melodyof_k
Msg: 102
Posted: 2/10/2013 1:30:17 AM
I believe in the reincarnation of souls.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 107
Posted: 2/25/2013 10:09:53 PM
We cannot think of our souls like we do matter.
A useful picture would be a dust devil blowing across the desert.

You see a funnel shaped by dust.
As it travels and spins....
new dust is sucked into it.
Old dust is blown out.

It seems to have a shape.
But is really a void wrapped in dust.

Just as we are a void wrapped in matter.
 _shakti_
Msg: 112
Posted: 2/27/2013 11:06:14 AM
I realize that this may sound cliche, but learning about reincarnation felt more like retrieving a memory than coming into contact with new information. It simply resonates and makes sense to me, always has.

I have a few theories on it too, one being that those who feel they are born in the wrong body, and go through with a sex change because it is what feels right to them.. well, I believe that that occurs because for many lives they had incarnated as one particular sex, over and over again.. so that when things were switched, they had all those lifetimes as the opposite sex and it simply didn't feel right to them. They couldn't put their finger on it other than that feeling though, because the memory went too far back..

Past life regression has always fascinated me too. I did a guided one before, and what came out made a ton of sense. I've also had what I would term past life dreams as well. One where I woke up bawling like I have never cried before. And one of the 'lives' that I viewed during the guided regression touched into and built upon what came out in that dream. Which was definitely not from this time frame. I didn't even look like the me I am now.

My mom also shared that I told her I was from Damascus when I was only 2.

Aww, my first post in here from 6 years ago:

I have always believed in reincarnation.. it is one of those things that when you read or hear about it something inside goes "yes!" And feels more like a memory than a discovery...

Reincarnation is integral to my belief system and my progression in life...

Underlying everything I do in this life is a desire to ascend... to raise my vibrational state to the point that I no longer need to be here of this earth... deep inside I do not wish to come back... that is not to say that I do not like it here... rather that I want to experience other dimensions.... which I absolutely believe is possible...

Does reincarnation happen? With everything in my soul I say yes :)

Scrolling through this thread makes me miss the old days. Trippy, Madfiddler, Skypoet, Stone, Monty, the Ravens.. I miss all of you :(
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >