Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
There's something about polyandry..Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Polygamy ... means having multiple spouses.

Polyandry ... (In social anthropology and sociobiology) means a female forming a stable sexual union with more than one male ... the specific form of polygamy in which a woman is married to more than one husband simultaneously.

Polygyny ... means a man has multiple wives, which is by far the more common form of polygamy.

I told them obviously they just each needed 3 or 4 husbands and all bases would be covered.
I suppose if a lady with a high libido is paired up with a gentleman who is not very "romantically" inclined, this wouldn't be bad. Just imagine, you have one husband who just can't get enough, another who is only interested occasionally but is a workaholic and makes great money.

Pencil in some time with the husband who works (he will want some too) and the "romantic" husband has whatever is left. I'm thinking the biggest concern would have to be the "male" egos involved. That's when things could get dicey.

On the other hand, if it works with women getting together and deciding who gets the man for the night ...

... why wouldn't it work the opposite with the men setting the schedule?

LMAO ... @ judythecuety ...
 johnny prophet
Msg: 13
view profile
History
There's something about polyandry..
Posted: 2/10/2007 9:09:41 AM

In Fact,, Polyandry hardly ever gets mentioned at all,even in the poly threads.

Well, sure.

First, you're in North America. Bisexuality among women is damn-near "acceptable" behavior nowadays. Bisexuality among men is accepted to mean "he's really gay and hasn't admitted it yet." So. Much more likely to find polyamorous relationships involving 2 (or more) women and one man than the other way around. Also, even without bisexuality as a factor (as among mormons) once again, you're going to find that it's the man who is supporting ALL of the wives. So they are putting up with the situation because it allows them to stay home and raise their children.

You're not likely to find a man who wants to work to support you, while husband #2 stays home to **** you. Good luck if you do find it, but I don't think it's very likely.

Now. If you want to support ME, I'll be happy to be one of your husbands. I won't get jealous, either, as long as my own bedroom is comfortable.
 MONEMPERER
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/24/2007 3:32:04 AM
Polyandry is not really a good thing on the evolutionary scale also guys are a hell of alot more jealous you think a women is territorial guys make empires and countries and go to war over some guy stepping on his turf and kill people over it women are mild compared to guys.

Polygamy works because also Only one guy can then impregnate a large group of females and then your population booms. Polyandry would cause significant shrinkage in world population.
 innocentantic
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2007 8:34:47 AM
^^ the book is not bad

Western culture does teach women to be more possessive and jealous than men. That's why women fear being called a slut and men could generally care less (except for the lonely or religious types.) Women need to know who fathered their children in this soceity, which is kind of funny because the reason the virtuousness of monogamy was instituted in the first place is because men wanted to know who the father was. See, way back when it was a matter of children working the farm or the trade, or whatever. These days its about who's paying for the support, not who the child's helping bring the income in.

In all of my poly experiences except one, the women have admitted to having more issues with jealousy. The one that was different was my first and the jealousy issues were mine. Jealousy is a negative energy emotion. It offers no one any benefit. As we go through this world in serial monogamy or any other type of relationship, we're going to have occassions to feel jealousy if we choose to. It's a stressor and can cause feelings of anger and depression, while doing nothing good for our minds, bodies, or relationship. I strongly suggest changing you frame of mind and realizing jealousy doesn't HAVE to happen. It's only fear of the unknown, and much like racism, can be done away with.
 svj
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/2/2007 2:26:53 PM
^^^
Read this kid's profile, folks.
He's got a lot to teach, and I'm NOT talking about being a "player" or "playboy".

It took me over 20 years to come to the realization that most EVERYTHING I HAD BEEN TAUGHT growing up was BULLSH*T. Including the myth that wife, education, career, 2.3 kids, a minivan and a truck on the drive was the only real path to happiness. It took over 20 years to forget about what I thought people expected of me, and live the life I want to live, regardless of what the herd thinks.

After all, if you don't LOVE YOURSELF, right now, TODAY, how do you expect others to?

The vast majority of people never get that far.

I'm simultaneously jealous, happy, and proud that one of my brothers has gotten to that point before the age of 20.

You tell 'em, Playboy! You tell the world.
 innocentantic
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2007 5:29:49 PM
I do find it funny that someone can say (and I'm not saying you did *cough*) that they have their own morals, not the Christian morals of the world we were brought up in. They wouldn't have sex with more than one person because it's a dastardly no-no.

I don't know folks. I feel the secular change a comin'. Much of Europe has thrown away the mythology of the murdurous crusaders and their Nazi Popes. Why shouldn't the land of the free start to be?

I agree with svj. G0ddamn way to go Playboy. I was still ignorant at 23 (when I married for all the wrong reasons.) Bravo.
 want to travel
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 11:46:29 AM
Anything that doesn't hurt anyone, or involve children is ok, there are plenty of momogomus relationships that have tones of abuse
personally I feel what other people need is none of anybodies business
 itechman63
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 7:43:10 AM
As much that goes into a relationship with only one person, who'd even want to multiply that?
 no_1_bby
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 12:20:37 PM

Unless you have a stable of "Sub males" at your beck and call, it wouldn't work the same as having multiple wives.Ever notice how CONTROLLED Mormon wives seem to be? Most men couldn't handle a woman in CONTROL.

Why wouldn't it? You're thinking about it from a monogamous woman's point of view as opposed to a poly point of view.

I wouldn't mind "owning" a few men to serve different purposes,but supporting them all,cleaning up after them all,cooking for them all,blowing them all,nagging them all to follow thru with what's expected of them,keeping them from beating the crap outta eachother out of jealousy,cleaning all thier clothes and perpetually telling them all the PUT THE DAMN TOILET SEAT DOWN wouldn't work for me....not to mention....

I didn't enjoy marriage to one man...let alone multiple men vying for my attention and affection and pvssy.I'd rather be one of many WIVES....at least then I'd have others to share chores with and when I wasn't in the mood....I wouldn't mind sharing that either.

I think it sounds 'good' on paper....but living it....no thanks.

Again.. thinking from a monogamous background I think.

I think I would simply become a sperm depository for WAY too little in return.

Only if you allow it.. as in any other relationship situation.

I have limited experience with this.. but spent about 3.5 wks in the company of 2 males... in a somewhat poly set up.. granted it was a brief period of time and technically one of them wasn't living here at the time.. but there was an easy division of labour among all of us. Everyone pitched in. Everyone picked up after themselves. Everyone did their own laundry. I was fortunate that at meal times (I was home during the day at that point) I would cook for them, and they cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. I kind of miss that.. hehe..
 Gllloppo
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/4/2009 5:38:23 PM
This practice does not seem logical to us. Perhaps our knowledge of human biology is inadequate. Females can only produce offspring from one male at a time, this is true, is it not? If so we see no logic in a female with many mates. The natural method of reproduction would seem to be one male with 30-365 female mates. If you only allow the more intelligent and physically healthy males to breed ths ratio would work.
 sweetcherie
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 6:42:58 PM
Basically this is what I have although I am only married to one man. I have a high libido and have always needed more than one man in my life. So when my husband suggested we add to our bedroom, I jumped at the chance. That was 11 years ago and I never looked back. We still have a great marriage, but have a wonderful FWB who spends w/es with either me alone or at our house. It is quite amuzing to see the two of them talking at the breakfast table acting like the best of friends. Always pick men that I know will have something in common. I know if the circumstances were right I would enjoy having them of my guys under the same roof for an extended period of time.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 9:18:24 PM

Where do you FIND these men Baby!

That's just it C2U... finding men who can handle the idea of seeing their partner with another, and wanting nothing more than to have them happy... it's just a unicorn hunt. They are rare... but can be found if one takes the time to look. My guy found ME... and the other guy was someone I'd known for a couple of years.

Not sure that I would take it as far as having a legally binding marriage, after all.. can only be married to ONE at a time. The others would have to be committment ceremonies, but wouldn't be recognized legally.

I know my guy has his moments of jealousy, but since he is my #1, my primary if you will, he gets first dibs on me and my time. His biggest concerns are that I am safe and satisfied... when he knows those things have happened, then he doesn't feel the jealousy anymore. I think the trick to something like this is something I preach here often. Communication, communication, communication, respect, honesty, communication. If either one of us felt things were not right, then things would change. My life and my relationships are fluid and constantly changing and evolving and morphing into something new all the time. I just simply won't put up with the BS. I do not have time, nor do I have the energy or desire to have more stress and drama in my life. If I suspect there will be negatives, then the relationship stops.

Right now there isn't anyone else on a regular basis... too bad. Ultimately I wouldn't mind another one.
 damassteel
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2010 9:47:51 AM
all quite interesting.
I'm not surprised at the numbers here who claim to find this scenario desireable, especially the women. Some of our primate relatives do this all the time. It's a way for females to get more resources for themselves and their offspring as the males in the community are never sure of paternity and the females use the uncertainy to their favor, as males contribute to her welfare in the hope/belief the offspring might be their own.
 damassteel
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2010 11:45:01 AM
^^^^^^The reasons for your strong response are NOT self evident IMHO, please explain in more detail . Your "one to one" theory is insufficent.
 Alexei_Alexandrovich
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/5/2013 2:16:43 PM
I would love to be in a poly relationship. the idea of sharing my women is a turn on like no other, as I have a seconds fetish. I would not want to have to share with more then 1 or maybe 2 guys full time but would be fine with her having a guy on the side once in a while as long as she was safe about it. if I ever found a curvy women in her 40's who would indulge me in this I would be set :D
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:53:16 PM
I think everyone missed the main point!
Do you want that many mother inlaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 MakeUTingle
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/6/2013 5:31:47 AM
I would love this. The other men could help me to keep the queen bee happy.
 baldguy500
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/6/2013 3:18:48 PM
the only thing about polyandry is when she divorces she gets 2 paychecks instead of 1.......at the same time......

if i was a woman i'd be a billionaire by now.......
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >