Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating artistic/creative people and relationships      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PairODachs58
Msg: 376
view profile
History
artistic/creative people and relationshipsPage 16 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
I know this is a very old post, but wondering if anyone has found any answers in the last 9 years to this question.
 gtomustang
Msg: 377
view profile
History
artistic/creative people and relationships
Posted: 2/25/2017 6:06:16 PM
the answer is....It Depends :)

Someone who's entire life is about art, may not date the dumb jock. But they sure might like to end up in bed with his Adonis body :)

Those who enjoy beauty, may suffer for their art..especially if they are attractive enough to get the uncreative hottie. But the quiet church mouse who spends her time in the library? who else is she going to meet? of course, when we're young, we want to be accepted, when we mature, we may be more about dating and less about "gettin' some". Personality might be more important, esp. to those who have much more of it. Those who have more body than personality to share, frankly, might see the world thru that prism. Looks may be more important to them b/c...what else is there?

if you've been creative/inventive, you likely know that growing up, there's a lot of people who can't look at something you propose, and see the potential for success. You have to invent it and make it work, and then people can see the actual success and realize you're a success. By then, of course, you don't need their support anymore.

the more faceted you are, the easier it may be to deal with those who are one dimensional. You can work around their shortcomings, if you feel you have to. not just in dating, but in office politics, too :) But the person who only focuses on work, may have terrible people skills/bedside manner.
 hemingway234
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2017 7:59:04 AM
People think common interests are important, it's one of the biggest myths, but that's not the case at all. If two people are attracted to each other they will want to spend time together, and if they are easy to get along with, they will find plenty of things to do together. Who doesn't like a walk on the beach with the right person?

It's about common interest in each other.
 Cynderella
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2017 4:15:50 PM
Hell ya
One has paint
One has brush
And a masterpiece is born
 Perspektiv
Msg: 380
Posted: 2/26/2017 5:13:46 PM
I find as an artist myself, I tend to gravitate towards creative minds. Not necessarily artists, though.

I think someone that's able to think outside the box to me, keeps the relationship interesting and the spark there. It goes both ways, in terms of being creative and keeping things interesting.

I also tend to prefer creative people as they tend to be unconventional, and I tend to hate routine. I think routine is destructive to a relationship, as it takes away from your appreciation of the little moments you get every day.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 381
Posted: 2/27/2017 8:50:39 AM

I know this is a very old post, but wondering if anyone has found any answers in the last 9 years to this question.

Harking all the way back to the OP, the answer is that artists don't seek relationships. Artists have groupies not soul mates. The excelling in the art, whatever it may be. is first, last and everything in between.

There are lots of people with lots of entertaining talents who do seek relationships. They aren't artists though. At best, they are capable posers. Hipsters who wear cheap sunglasses and churn out pedestrian crap and popular fluff call themselves artists but true artists wouldn't deign to piss in their mouths. Posers want to be understood so they do exactly what all of the other "creative" people are doing. Artists produce what the ART demands of them.

Posers seek relationships with other people to be understood. Artists already have unbreakable relationships with the muses alone so that they, themselves, may understand.
 Walts
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 10:27:34 AM
First off, the "artistic/creative" person's goal is not to "excel" (in the art, whatever that's suppose to mean) but, it's a good description from someone that is looking in from the outside. The artistic/creative are usually never "understood" by the majority. They have something within them, that yes, others that have the same, can understand.

With that, there are some artistic/creative that can adopt to another's artistic/creative quirks, talents and practises. As an example, when these types are "lost" within whatever is going inside their minds. No one will, at that time, be able to "get" or "enter" into their world at that time. Another artistic/creative person will understand that, and leave well enough alone until the time is right. They know/understand that the other is deep within their work/expression. Another example would be when people "look" at things, and then try to explain what they "see". The artistic/creative understand and know that what one sees, another, more than likely will not. That, in a lot of relationships would cause confrontation but, with the artistic/creative it usually does not. Rarely is it ever "black" or "white".

Another thing that should be pointed out is how the artistic/creative person expresses themselves. Some write. Some paint. Some sculpt. Some garden. Some write, tales, poetry, music, etc. Some play, music, act, etc. Some sing. Some decorate. I've seen "successful" relationships between artistic/creative couples when they are not involved in the same type/form of expressions. I've also seen some wild, not so successful relationships involving two people that play within the same arena, though, I don't know if it really wasn't "successful" but, just ran it's course. That, I do believe can and does happen in any relationship, though people that believe relationships should last "forever" would disagree with me on that one.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating artistic/creative people and relationships