Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Attracted to same body type as your own????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 innocentantic
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Attracted to same body type as your own????Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
hmm.

Well, I'm a visual person when it comes to sex. To have a successful sustained relationship, my partner's body type would absolutely matter.

As for getting to know people, being friends, or exploring other types of relationships, I'm truly interested in a person's views, behaviors, intelligence, humor, etc.

As for what I'm precisely attracted to: I don't do super-waifish-no tits-can see your spine when looking you in the face-skinny and I do not like overweight. Being fit, taking care of your body, and making an effort to please asthetically is all that's necessary in between.
 squirterforyou
Msg: 21
Attracted to same body type as your own????
Posted: 2/13/2007 8:21:59 PM
I really am liking the honesty people are expressing with this thread. Thanks again everyone for putting their two cents in.

I think thats why I don't look for lovers in public but rather do it here. That way no one is uncomfortable, and less rejection either way.
 darlyngirl
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2007 8:38:23 PM
I hate to say it, but after having lost alot of weight myself and being hard on myself about my weight, obese men are a turn off- I hate to be that shallow- but I guess I can't help who I'm attracted to. At the same time, I get really nervous with extremely skinny men becuase I am worried I will crush them, and they make me feel 'fat'- I know it's just my neuroses but still... So anything that's not an extreme I guess...
 junipermoon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2007 5:55:46 AM
while a man who stays in shape has great appeal, the bodybuilder frame really turns me off. i much prefer lean, wiry builds. since i stand about 5'1", height is pretty much irrelevant.

one of my exes trains and exercises racehorses. he has the best body i've ever seen on a man, but he wouldn't appeal to most. he stands about 5'8" and weighs in at 135, with perfect muscle definition. he used to do dishes naked. i don't know if it was the idea of a man doing dishes or doing them naked, but it was immensely appealing
 loveableredhead
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/18/2007 1:39:00 PM
I think i have put my 2cent in on several of these threads, now i as something to this one. If everyone looked the same , smelled the same, talked the same, there would so many happy people. I think its one of these most degrading things to put a label on people> IF ur large its ur a bbw, how come if ur small ur not sbw, and if u ask me its funny when people put athletic out from thier name. If ur not workin out 5hours a day 7 days a week, and run 20miles a day that seems more like an athletic personl. Helll, watch football , some of them guys can show their butt crack and yet their large, still called in shape. As for me i just perferr a guy to be taller than me, when u look in his eyes someone is HOME, a nice smile works , humour is a big thing, thats what is sexy...... also have the other body type....does size matter there.......

thanks, i think i did this right......Too each his own!
 windloverr
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2008 11:32:28 PM
Sorry; a flat chested chick with narrow hips, broad shoulders, and a hairy belly and chest, simply would not do it for me
 celts123
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/9/2008 8:18:46 AM
I have been attracted to women from various body types. Slender, fit / athletic, average, curvy, chubby etc. The only body types that I'm not attracted to are extremely thin, obese, or woman who are hard core body builders.
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 9:21:40 AM
Great thread OP!!!!

Im a plus size woman with curves and I at one time preferred men who were of average size (not muscle type men though).
I met a great man who is on the heavy side recently and after getting to know him, I found myself attracted to him even more and now i find myself wanting to be with him all the time!!!!
 JustMary65
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/14/2008 12:08:27 PM
I'm attracted to people-not a body type. I've always struggled with my weight, however despite that fact I've never had an issue with meeting and finding men who were interested in me. I've dated the very thin to the very large and it wasn't so much the body type that won me over as the how well the person related to me and treated me. Yes, my manfriend has an average build and is quite athletic, but I didn't fall for him because of his size as much as the fact he stimulated my brain.

I married a big man who continued to gain weight throughout our entire marriage. He recently had gastric bypass surgery and to be honest- I think I found him more attractive heavier than I do now. I certainly respect his decision to get to a healthier weight and all that-but he just doesn't appeal to me as much ( go figure). I think the bigger problem isn't so much the weight gain or loss but how he related to me personally which became a deal breaker for me.

Someone suggested that like body types tend to attract each other-but I'd beg to differ on that. I think it's the contrasts in body type etc is what sometimes makes a person more appealing than being the 'same' shape. Most men who got past my size and got to know me fell head over heels for me because I have a positive people personality-and I'm a wise-ass lol. The thing is I neither think or believe anyone is shallow if they aren't phyiscally attracted to me-but the thing that does bug me is when SOME individuals need to chastize a person for their differences. Sure we all have opinions and beliefs that we may feel strongly about but sometimes those thoughts are better left unsaid.

I say 'love all of me or not at all'-and so far that has worked exceptionally well. None of us are perfect and that is what makes us all unique. Give me a man with a nice smile, a good sense of humor and smiling eyes and I'm hooked.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Attracted to same body type as your own????