Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > indian women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 little imp
Msg: 27
view profile
History
indian womenPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I am half Indian. I have always been attraced to the same type since i was 15 years old : mousy brown hair (not blonde or brown .n between colour).

My parents have never had a problem with me dating 'white' men. My first long term relationship was with a white guy . Since then I have only been attracted to men who have his characteristics or look similar to him.

My younger brother tends to date afro Carribean girls. Where as my sister is not attracted to white men at all but dates Indian men only.
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 28
indian women
Posted: 4/28/2005 2:53:03 PM
poppy...in general i agree with most of what you post.

but
And if you shud ever want to be with a black...you can basically kiss goodbye to your family for life. Plus indians are not attracted to those looks.

i'm indian and i love tall broad shouldered black men. i am very attracted to their looks....
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 29
indian women
Posted: 4/28/2005 4:28:02 PM

I suppose there has to be a first somewhere but I am speaking in general terms...you know that Indians generally ARE NOT attracted to those looks.

sorry poppy, i don't agree. i know culture and custom dictates that indian DON'T date, or marry black, moslem or other nationalities - generally speaking - but i don't think it has to do with attraction. it's about acceptability. just like a white guy who had a blue collar job and a high school education wouldn't be "acceptable" to most indian families...neither would a black man. moslems b/c of historical and religious stuff...not b/c of the way they look.

bc indians - or at least those in vancouver, tend to be fairly conservative. in fact, the lower mainland (southwest coast of bc) has one of the largest conservative indian communities in the country. what goes on there is sad and pathetic. one would hope that some of the liberalism of the west would infiltrate some of the backwardness of conservative indian customs. it's unfortunate that it doesn't in all areas of the community.
 ruggeri
Msg: 30
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/29/2005 12:19:02 AM
I had a boss who i got along really well with, and he was of east indian disent and had three daughters. Two were in highschool and one was in college. I was messing with him because i understand how indians and muslim people think, so i asked him what would happen if one of your daughters dated a white guy and he said with a big grin,"its a free country she can do anything she wants, but then she has to pay for her own college and find her own place" Then we all had a big laugh because that is a nice way to say if one of his daughters married an outsider or dated one she would be an outcast. I totally respect that. With muslims its quite another thing. Even if your good friends with one you should never inquire about dating one of there female because there could possibly be a violent outcome.
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 31
indian women
Posted: 4/29/2005 8:25:44 AM
poppy -
am sorry that you are offended in any way but i do dispute that you label BC Indians as "backward" and unliberal bcuz they wont accept blacks as partners.

i do not label bc indians as backward and unliberal b/c they won't accept blacks as partners. i wrote that there was a large ultra conservative indian community in the lower mainland...
i wrote that indians - generally speaking - may not find a black person acceptable as a partner - but that it didn't have to do with physical "attraction" so much as it has to do with acceptability...

poppy - just b/c you don't find black features attractive does not speak for all indians. although, generally speaking, i do know of many indians (dark and fairer skinned, who prefer fairer skin in their partners as more desirable)

and i don't know where you came to the conclusion that i somewhere said that liberalism and education meant that you accepted any and every partner...but ignorance and ultra conservatism may mean that you simply choose a partner based on limited and narrow minded criteria (ie. simply based on ethnic origins instead of considering level of education, common interests and values, similar views on child rearing, physical chemistry, etc.).

i also know of a couple of indian girls who pretty much only date blacks and asians - definitely not indians. i know of blacks who usually date every girl but black girls. and i know of asians who date every girl but asian girls. everyone has their own preference but those preferences have more substance than just a colour of skin - it has to do with values, confidence, education, and other commonalities.
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 32
indian women
Posted: 4/29/2005 1:35:05 PM
poppy - relax. i was not attacking you personally. the only comment that i specifically directed at you was the one about you not being attracted to "black" looks.

as for accepting "all comers" - if you base a dating preference based on the race of a person then i think that would be considered being racist. and racism is born of ignorance.

and of course i'm going to be biased based on my experiences - just as you are biased by your experiences. but you made many generalizations in your posts and you came out as really racist when i don't think that's what you're about at all. i was trying to rationalize your reasons b/c i thought they were more than just race.

i didn't mean to imply that you were ultra conservative or ignorant and if it came out that way, i apologize. i understand you choose to date indians for a number of reasons - NOT just race - but b/c you feel more comfortable with someone who understands your traditions, moral codes, upbringing, etc. i'm not arguing with you about that. in your attack about me being from a broken home and being a single parent you did eventually explain your reasons for why you'd date another indian....which had nothing to do with race! so i'm glad that eventually, you came out with some rational solid grounds for why you'd date and marry an indian.

by the way, my (an indian) mom married an indian man and that's who she divorced after 20 years...so indian marriages are not 100% fool proof. and being a single parent has not caused me to be bitter about indians - my son's father is swedish and we were never married so perhaps i should be bitter towards the swedes, but i'm not.

anyway, i'm not here to attack you. that's not my style. i would much rather debate the issue than make a personal attack. and i only post to provide an opinion on an issue, not a person or to understand another post or where a poster is coming from.
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 33
indian women
Posted: 4/29/2005 1:35:18 PM
poppy - i'd encourage you to go back and re-read that post you responded to. it was in answer to your previous post and was never aimed at you as an attack of YOUR specific experiences.

and i don't know where you came to the conclusion that i somewhere said that liberalism and education meant that you accepted any and every partner...but ignorance and ultra conservatism may mean that you simply choose a partner based on limited and narrow minded criteria (ie. simply based on ethnic origins instead of considering level of education, common interests and values, similar views on child rearing, physical chemistry, etc.).

i wrote that i DIDN'T think liberalism and education meant that you accepted every partner...and i quote...but you shouldn't dismiss every partner based on ethnicity....since most would call that being racist.

sayonara7
Msg: 34
indian women
Posted: 4/11/2006 8:28:54 PM
I've been called Indian,Egyptian, Hispanic and even Bosnian by people who don't know where I'm from, and I'm not black or white, but having said that I wouldn't marry an Indian or an Asian guy, not because I'm a racist, I'm not. I'm Asian myself(note:by Asian I mean people from any country in Asia, including Russia for some of those who don't know geography very well.)I think they like and want submissive women and women who can dance like puppets to their every whim, and damn me to hell if I follow that.So, that's why I wouldn't marry one.I'm sure there are exceptions, but that is the general rule.Don't even lecture me on this, because I come from that part of the world and I know what I'm saying
indian women
Posted: 9/6/2006 3:06:38 PM
If I ruled the world, I would make everyone sex someone from another race. Untill we have just one race and eliminate racism...........I know it's kinda harsh, but I doubt I'll have the chance to rule the world.
 Baber.
Msg: 36
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 7/6/2007 3:00:39 AM
Well singlemaltgirl I can totally understand where you come from when it comes to "indian-men" but you have to remember you're making a severe genearlization (for whatever that may be).

Of course not all of us are going to be the same egocentric, androcentric, patriarchal,sexist, and racist folk that you may assume eastern culture has taught us to be.

With that said I would never date an indian girl (or any woman for that matter) that didn't know the basic necessity of having respect for men.

It' takes two to tango right?

And as for white men being frustrated about not getting enough action from our hot laides, guy relax.. there's plenty of fish in the sea for you to enjoy the spoils. There are white girls amongst you for us to enjoy and you vice versa, nothing you can really do to stop it.

I repsect and adore indian/paksitani/desi women that reserve themselves for guys like us. Afterall we've been raised up our entire lives, indian movies, culture, lanuage, food.. just to marry them and treat them as the queens they are.
 Baber.
Msg: 37
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 7/6/2007 3:12:16 AM
I love it when you really know something that can seriously clarify a situation!

Think of indian/pakistani/desi women to be two-tiered:

1) The first tier of women are those that are pretty much Westernized in values, beliefs, and dating practices. These are the onest hat have had litle or no influence from Eastern culture and, for some reason or another, have chosen to ignore it in favor of living a lifestyle more compatible here. They are the ones that whill show up to clubs, drink, drugs, and blow off guys for the sport of it every weekend. They'll date for fun because that's how they been raised up through Western education and media as it being the right thing to do. These are the women you men will be able to get a chance with, to date, to ****, to whatever the hell you want.

2) Then there's the second tier of women that wont' even look at a black or white guy (or any other guy) unless he fits the perfect criteria they expect. These are the women that are raised up with Eastern/often religious values, and respect and adhere to South-East Asian culture and traditions. They don't date for sport, don't hit clubs, drink, or do anything nasty that a Western woman would do. They are taught, raised, socialized through their lives to respect family and conversative values. When they committ to someone they "really" commit to them (not the Christian notion of "through better or for worse.." ), a type of committement that is rare to find this day and age. They are often part of Canadian society (under the pluralist defintion) but retian their own way of life as the Canadian mosaic of cultures allows them to. Not every desi girl decides to jump into the melting pot as described above (1). And these are the wonderful women that a lot of brown really respect and adore., and these are probably the women that most of you are frustrated about being of their refusals to jump into your bed. They're a different class of Indian women that you won't be given access to (unless you can prove that you are similar in down-to-earth and conservative values as they are).. (yet even then it's highly unlikely due to family pressure to find someone akinned to their culture and lanuage).

A little about myself, I have two university degrees one of which has been in the study of society and social structure - Sociology. I have dated white women before but found them too wild to deserve my attention or appreciation. And yet I have family members (women and men alike) that have married white women/men. So it can be quite the colorful ballgame.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 38
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:39:32 AM
I've met a good few Indian women who like dating White guys. But a lot of ethnic minorities don't like their women being "taken away" from them, so they discourage it as much as possible. But the boys can date White Women, as long as they marry their own kind, or the White Women convert to their religion.
 decentandsexy
Msg: 39
indian women
Posted: 7/6/2007 6:23:26 AM
i am indian but i am cherokee,just 1/4
 Baber.
Msg: 40
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 7/6/2007 12:08:52 PM
Hahaha! Enjoyed reading that comically really, you're bringing religion into it first of all assuming that I am religious and secondly assuming that I am all those things.

I've lived in Eastern countries myself (born and raised) to see exactly how women are treated there and as much as YOU"D LOVE to judge me as being one of "those" I am competely not.

I don't subscribe to any notions of control, as my andrygonous and egalitarian education, lifestyle, and attitude in life has taught me.

I doubt people like that exist in this day and age (and in this society). Do you know of any? Cause I sure don't.

Let's talk about why the U.S. likes to assert every act of corporate/criminal imperialism on the basis of "religion" shall we?

Seriously no other arguments can be used except religion huh?

funny
 Baber.
Msg: 41
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 7/6/2007 12:12:21 PM
And as for putting Indian women into that typology, you don't have to if you don't feel the logic. That's just my advice as an Indian who has lived in both Eastern and Western cultures to know what he's talking about . That's the way a lot of real "desi" women are like, not racist per se.. just what you'd call a "preference" for a certain type of male. (heck you used that term yourself).

But yah I also mentionted never to get discouraged, plenty of sheep in the flock that want to go out, so i really don't know what we're arguing about here.

OH yes, now I remember. You judgements of me. Cool cool,

ok what's the next argument about?
 Thatguy67
Msg: 42
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:39:43 PM
I think you're referring to south asian women. I disagree. I've dated a number of Indian women. Probably the group of women I find the most attractive.
 misterman10
Msg: 43
indian women
Posted: 7/8/2007 10:27:20 PM
I am in South Florida, and I have seen quite a lot of Indian women with white guys.
 Baber.
Msg: 44
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 7/9/2007 1:10:40 AM
Okay guys please stop, no need to argue and hate on each other really for having differing views. I wish you all the best of luck in finding a mate of whatever skin tone.

If you're interestd in indian women I'm sure one of our fine ladies will take you in. There's a certain character in all racial colors that'll suit your fancy.

but please no more arguing!
 DesiDude
Msg: 45
indian women
Posted: 7/14/2007 6:18:54 PM
Diamond Hunter:

Indian women , apart from good sex, also value love, romance, family values, commitment and passion in a relationship. Thats why they stick to Indian men. No matter how notorious we are in your western world for whatever reason, we still love our women more than you can ever know or your media will ever project. And they like us more than they will ever tell you.

I am not sure what you are attracted to: Is it the Indian values or the Indian skin tone? If its the former, then I agree getting an Indian girl to date will be difficult. But if its just the skin tone, then try your luck on girls of Indian origin settled in America (and not the ones who came here after their education). This will help because:
1) They are pretty easy.
2) Any good looking and successful Indian guy (as in from India who came here after his education) will never show a preference to marry such girls. We are all obsessed with the image of a typical Indian women. Harsh, but true.

Namaste!
 Mzzzy
Msg: 46
indian women
Posted: 9/18/2007 7:33:49 PM
I ain't never dated anything but white men..I've yet to meet a real injun myself.
 sunnyday2222
Msg: 47
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/20/2008 6:32:30 PM
hi
how are you tonight
 Seavoyage
Msg: 48
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/25/2008 9:21:03 AM
I don't think you should use the word Asian when talking about Indian people and say South Asian, because there are so many major differences between say Indians and Chinese people. Europeans are more generally the same than Asians. Asia is the largest continent on Earth and more diverse than Europe. I think many Indian women are under pressure to marry guys from their own culture, but so many Indian men complain that many of the girls in Canada or the US are dating non-Indians and not them. One of my very good friends is married to an Indian woman.
 lookin4luv72
Msg: 49
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/25/2008 9:30:09 AM
The way I look at it is if you are attracted to someone of the opposite sex regardless of their race that should be the only criteria. I can understand if maybe someone has dated several of one race and they all didn't treat them good or what have you but other than that it should be irrelevant. I have never dated anyone not white but not by choice, I just haven't met anyone of a different race.
 Serendipity_76
Msg: 50
indian women
Posted: 6/6/2008 8:26:49 PM
i never understood the fascination with one type of culture or another... there's alot of great cultures out there... it's wonderful that people would like to learn and experience the different cultures... but you don't have to date the person from that culture to really experience it.

as an asian girl, i've always hated guys that will go after girls just because their nationality... if you happened to fall for someone who is indian, that's fine... but going out there to meet an indian girl sounds like a guy with a weird fetish... if guys like girls based on the sterotype... trust me, most of the time the sterotype refers to the older generation who had to grow up in a male dominating society... but come on... now it's women's rights... equal opportunity... we're not dependent, submissive, slipper fetching type of girls now... like a person for who they are.... not seek out someone for their sterotype...

as for white guys being able to date various type of girls... their culture isn't too strong where it will clash with another culture... you mix an indian guy and an asian girl... bad bad mix.... most of the time the white guy who wants to date mexican, asian, indian, or black girl wants to be a big part of the culture that he's more willing to indulge in learning and experiencing the different culture. that's why white guys can date any nationaility.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > indian women