Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > indian women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Scotti1989
Msg: 78
indian womenPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Because their family finds it disrespectful, and their father will cut their head off with a sword for disgracing the family name.

It's true. I read it in the newspaper.

(truly a shame though. IMO some of the most attractive women are the Indian / middle eastern girls ...and they put up with such rubbish treatment because it is their 'culture'? Get outta here!)
 Scotti1989
Msg: 79
indian women
Posted: 7/16/2012 6:16:08 AM
Are you asking me?

I don't know. I'm not an American idiot.

http://mobile.news.com.au/world/dad-beheads-daughter-over-affair/story-fn6sb9br-1226402335354
 MrsLeafsfan
Msg: 80
indian women
Posted: 7/17/2012 8:11:46 PM
that happen in Mississauga and a father on and a step mother killed the fathers daughters and their mother because they had boyfriends they all 3 was found guilty of murder and they are all appealing
 JoeClyde0853
Msg: 81
indian women
Posted: 7/24/2012 6:48:33 AM
come on. that was a little bit funny.
 jbball50
Msg: 82
indian women
Posted: 8/1/2012 8:58:03 AM
One of my friends from college was Indian and dated some white guys/asians. I just know from her family aspect, her family wouldn't approve of a white guy or asian for marriage. She never even told her parents that she were dating these guys in college. I think she's actually been dating this asian guy out of college for 2 years and hadn't told her parents about him yet.
 lad3da
Msg: 83
indian women
Posted: 8/6/2012 4:14:35 PM
It has nothing to do with racism, it's simply a matter of preserving culture, traditions etc
Indian women DO date outside of their race if they want to.
I have, in fact I have a child with someone who is not Indian. NOW I understand 100% why my parents would always suggest keeping within the same race. Interracial dating is difficult in trying to find a middle ground, not to mention there are different morals, ethics etc. which also come into play.
Even though I am "westernized" there are certain things ingrained in me, which my child's father has a hard time wrapping his head around sometimes, and I him.
Every Indian woman is different, however most are very family oriented and do not want to lose their family over a man. Again, it has nothing to do with racism, it's simply a matter of preserving culture, traditions etc
Also for prior posters, "Indian" is not a language. smh.
 vancitygurl78
Msg: 84
indian women
Posted: 8/26/2012 8:48:00 PM
Um, I think that's an understatement to say indian women don't want to date white guys!

In my past I have asked few white guys and they rejected me for fear of getting caught by my dad with a gun(which is not tru, my dad doesn't own a gun at all), and the second being that they don't want to get beat up by indian guys.

Which I think is bullshiet really. I have always liked white guys but because of 2 guys in my past rejecting me on those basis I never bothered to ask another white guy out again and only dated brown guys.

Furthermore, I have come to realize that brown man have done nothing but played with my emotions, played me and never treated me well. The 2 white guys (persian and spanish and no not at the same time), that I did date, treated me so well that I am willing to give it another go with white guys. Am currently interested in a white guy at the moment but so far no date has been set. But i've heard and see alot of white guys treat their gf's very well as opposed to brown men who are seriously off my radar for a very long time.

White men, come on down! lol
 SportyTraveler07
Msg: 85
indian women
Posted: 9/10/2012 6:57:11 PM
I know a few Indians and I can tell you that a lot of them only date within their race its just the culture, but if they dated outside their most would go after white men.
 abmccray
Msg: 86
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 9/11/2012 6:37:53 AM
That's not exclusive to Indian women at all - it's that way among most of the Eastern cultures, since they tend to be more homogeneous. A large percentage of people from the Asias/India/Arab countries have families that firmly prefer people of their culture, with a slight exception by some (or a lot in certain Asian countries) allowing for Caucasian dating due to perception of upward mobility by doing so.

It's good when people with those backgrounds break free from that mold, and quite commendable, especially given the familial pressure many of them feel.
 BikeMike312
Msg: 87
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 9/11/2012 5:58:36 PM
I'm white. I dated an Indian lady who only dates white guys. It happens
 roopster84
Msg: 88
indian women
Posted: 1/26/2014 9:39:21 AM
You DO REALIZE THAT So far there is only ONE Race of humans to the know scientific world what You MEAN IS ETHNICITY
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > indian women