Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 larry***
Msg: 5
Canadian men--would you move to the US to be with a woman?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Sure I would But we would have to move to were it is warm,just kidding,I couldn,t move, I would have to sell everything,and right now they are my investments,(buy low sell high)good post though,funny bye for now larry I love the snowball elves
 intheswim
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Canadian men--would you move to the US to be with a woman?
Posted: 2/12/2007 8:36:35 AM

And for Canadian men--Would you move to the US to be with a woman?
My ex father in law is Canadian and has been married to 3 American women since being here. He’s never seemed to have a shortage of women interested in him (he last married in his late 50s).

I'm not one of the ones that you might consider hot, well, as per looks alone. Some do still find me hot, even at my age....go figure????

I'd have to be gah gah done for, goner, completely besotted and out of my mind in love with a woman before I'd consider moving to the USA. Lots of great people, lots of great locations to live in and lots of opportunities to make a good life together.

I've travelled the states extensively, and, also have to say that there's a lot of 'downside' to the equation as well. The US has a lot of issues and prevalent attitudes that get very tiresome. The US being the centre of freedom in the world being one of them...it's just not so! No offence intended, it's just how it is.

I love being a Canadian and living in Canada, not to say that I don't get pissed off about the politics here from time to time as well but, there are substantially fewer people here attempting to tell me what I 'have' to think, say, and do, in an attempt to impose their value judgements on me. We have a more live and let live attitude here. It's an almost impossible concept for most americans to get a handle on because, for the most part, americans have no concept of life outside of the USA. There are many cultural differences.

I'd get very tired, very quickly, of people assuming that I left Canada because the USA is sooo much a better place to be. Tennessee does rock though!!!!

I might do it for love of a woman....but that would be it.
 awakenedeye
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/12/2007 9:11:43 AM
...this is so true...
it's a wasteland here in Maine......(so close, but not close enough)

Canadian guys seem so smart, sexy and mature..and manage to have great senses of humor. very puzzling?

question is...what's wrong with the way we "grow" men here in the states?

...and further...never mind asking Canadian men to move here...I'm ready to move there!
 bw521
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/12/2007 9:26:17 AM
I am Canadian. I moved to the states 9 years ago. So I am already here and I'm having a hell of a time coming across "The one"
 WakeDan
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/12/2007 2:07:39 PM
Thats funny. Everytime i click on a beautiful womans profile, shes in england or australia,

then there is the really, REALLY beautiful girl from poland.
 mzilla
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2007 8:55:52 AM
Heck I won't even drive across town for a date anymore!
 curlygrl
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2007 2:27:35 PM
HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW ABOUT DOWN HERE!!! LOL!!! Us American girls rock!!!!LOL!!

Actually I have had the pleasure of talking to some of you Canadian guys-
Yup - You guys Rock!!! I would consider moving -
 Brash_n_sassy
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2007 3:13:24 PM
And i think it's another case of "the grass is always greener" syndrome..i get men contacting me who live west..north..east..and yes..even in the States..go figure..guess they don't mind the drive for a cup of coffee...
 Golden_Tricities
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/13/2007 7:18:49 PM
***And for Canadian men--Would you move to the US to be with a woman?***

If she has a sexy southern accent and knows how to ride a dirt bike I'm on the next plane, lol.
 lips169
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2007 8:17:55 PM
It was really sad to see a canadian man have such a low opinion of their canadian women. I have heard great things about american women, canadian women, english women, etc etc etc..I am not sure where you have met women AT THE MALL but western canadian women eastern canadian women, I have been told are very open, sexually, very confident, and most often happy with who they are. I do not see alot of canadian women trying to hop the border to the US and I live in draft dodge country in BC. I could feel embaressed that a canadian man would disrespect we canadian women, but everyone is entiltled to his or her opinion. That is where canadian women differ than other cultures, we carry a more... do not perspire the small stuff, that being a comment from a man who most definetly has his taste south of here. I agree with the woman saying grass is always greener on the other side..I wonder if that gentleman is like that always...
 arionmaclorien
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2007 3:30:51 PM
Of course I would !

Just as soon as Alberta buys Montana and Alaska..

I'd be happy to move

*grin*

Rick.Deckard
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 12:40:41 PM
I guess I would, but not permanently. It would be interesting to experience a new city for a couple of years, but I'd always have to come back home. Now excuse me while I sing "O Canada".
 *Mikael*
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/23/2007 12:43:45 PM
Only if its warm where she lives otherwise she can come to me.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 1:07:09 PM
Naaa, I'm as far south as I want to go, would'nt even move to Toronto.
 Pragmatic
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 2:47:11 PM
THANKS for Noticing!!

lol

Theordically, I would move for the right person.
However, it is much easier for an American to move to Canada and find work easily than it is getting all the authorizations required for a (White ) canadian man to move to the USA.
WE have a "funny reciprocal agreement between the countries. US professionals move back and forth freely, Canadians can't!
 Rebellious
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/23/2007 4:35:50 PM
Yes I did move from Canada to the US to be with her, and I married her too.
 El Tiburon
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/25/2007 1:44:41 AM
I’ve lived in many parts of the world, US, Europe............ I live in Canada right now, done all this moving out of curiosity and I will do that often............ But I would not consider seeing anyone over 70 km from my home, and would not consider moving anywhere to be with someone… unless we have something solid established before hand.

I’m a hopeless romantic but moving after just meeting someone online is jut plain naive, putting all your eggs in one basket and hope it works, with way to much uncertainty it sounds too desperate............ and I would questions any of my friends motives if willing to do it.

Inner beauty is rare and we can’t see it in a picture or a profile (assuming that is the right picture and it’s not taken before the 8 kids where born), a phone conversation tells almost nothing about a person, body language speaks loud, part of getting to know someone is also getting to know the family and circle of friends. obvious skeletons can be kept in a closet for only so long and by spending time with this person sooner or later they are bound to come out.

I refuse to live with the person unless I've known and seen her for a year, a couple of weeks here and there is not enough time to really say this is the person I want to move or spend the rest of my life with, it’s just as bad as an arranged marriage, although statistically you have better chances with an arranged marriage.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/25/2007 3:06:55 AM
...I think its a form of cruel punisment by "The Puppet Master". He dangles the perfect packages and then watches our dismay when we discover he lives 3500 hundred miles away or more....Of course I'm having fun here but there is a smidgin of truth that it seems all the ones we want are someplace else.....and you ladies state side, quit trying to steal our Canadian guys...you have your own.

...maeflowers
 ChaoticDreamer
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/25/2007 3:09:53 AM
Brennan...that's because you messed up and moved to the wrong state
 irish-4you2
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/20/2008 2:56:34 PM
Hey, I would move to Canada if it was to be with the woman I love
 Cinamin47
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:10:41 PM
Cool, I actually met a Canadian guy here. He's coming here to see me in August. And yeah! He's hot too.
 Cinamin47
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/28/2008 6:02:07 PM
Why did this thread stop here?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >