Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 petlver
Msg: 364
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 15 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
AMEN to that sister!! I totally feel you on this one. I raised 5 - my youngest is 18. I don't need another child to raise. I love being a mother but only to my own. If I wanted another baby, I think I'd get a puppy.
 EaglesCry68
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 1/10/2007 12:35:05 PM
I think the thread should be..."Why aren't younger women into older guys?" LOL!

I for one have always been attracted to older women and they, me. I prefer someone within a 6 year range but that's not etched in stone. I have no problem whatsoever relating to older women or anyone for that matter nor they,me.

Older women tend to be a bit more on the serious and appreciative side which is what I am as well.

I DID however learn new ways to be cruel by the last women I was with for she just wanted a toy.
I assume that most men my age would've enjoyed that but unfortunately I take matters of the heart quite seriously.

So I have ascertained that age is NOT commensurate with intention, but values instead.

My preference for "older women" is still there but not as strong, now chemistry and compatability are to the fore.

God Bless
Scott
 atlanta_hot_bbw
Msg: 366
Posted: 1/10/2007 2:00:24 PM
In my experience, younger men are less tainted in their feelings toward women. Maybe it is because they have had less hurts or whatever, but I find them more open and willing in communication than older men. I also find them to be much more optimistic about the potential of a relationship. Older men seem to be more bitter. Now, these are broad generalizations, but they have been overall my experience.

So I have ascertained that age is NOT commensurate with intention, but values instead.

Age does not equal maturity, unfortunately.

Michele
 Freeskier18
Msg: 367
Posted: 1/10/2007 2:07:32 PM
i feel your pain bro. my greatest high school accomplishment was hooking up with a senior when i was a sophmore. keep looking. the dating window for acceptable age gaps gets bigger as you get older
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 368
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:16:21 PM
Like it has been said, there are far more older women who would rather date younger than there are ones who would rather date closer to their age.
Like one said, we old guys are bitter, and have experienced being hurt. For women, experiencing that is ok, and if they want to be bitter that is totally acceptable, but as you can read, most times women never get hurt as they get older, only men do. Is why it is a generalization that men are to blame for everything. Sad but true. Keep looking, I have encountered way more on this site that prefer younger than closer to their age.
 whitedahlia
Msg: 370
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:29:11 PM
Hey Champ,

I am one woman who would rather date closer to her age than a dating a younger man. I can only speak for myself when I say that I'd rather have a LTR with someone who has been walking around the planet (+/- a few years) as long as I have. Having dated older and younger, the younger ones were fun for a fling, the ones my age have a shared history and are able to relate to similar experiences. Sadly, a lot of men (not all) my age are more interested in recapturing their youth by trying to hook up with much younger women. Furthermore, there are just as many young men as older harbouring bitterness over past relationships. Young, old, male female, we all have the same stories to tell.
WD

PS: I do like the fact that there are more men than women on the site. Makes up for the general statistic that we still only earn .70 cents for every male dollar.
 PrettyGrnEyes37
Msg: 371
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:32:28 PM
The longevity of this thread (and subject) is amazing! Do y'all know that this thread was STARTED on 4/13/2005 by a 19 year old Brit nicknamed "Bomber" or "Boomer" or something like that?

My .02...

Age - in some cases - can be irrelevant. Once again, I refer back to the whole idea... "If the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." In other words, if you continue to believe that "Older-women-don't-like-younger-men", then PRESTO-PROOFO! you're always gonna find the proof to support that!

Personally, I laugh when a guy in his early to mid-thirties asks me if I date younger guys... I'm 37... at the most I'm 7 years older than him... Even late 20's... still not too young. I will admit to a slight mental block for guys 24 and under... He'd have to be really mature for me to consider dating him...
 ericj20
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:35:04 PM
You'll just have to wait until your older, i'm also 19 but i'd rather be with a girl my age then an older one whose afraid of being judged because shes with a younger guy,

they're the ones that are immature...
 cageyfox
Msg: 373
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:58:32 PM
....To answer your question.....An older woman has life experience that a younger man
can"t even begin to understand. The physical part is usually "Super Great!!" but there is quite
a gap that she can only fill for him as a "mother figure"...leavethe banana alone! Him and the "band" put on a "cute" show..........
 Magically Delicious 68
Msg: 374
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:59:25 PM
personally, I have a few young guys interested in taking me out. I dont go because at this time in my life I am looking for more than just a drink, and I realize that a man this young still has to go out and experience things in life before he settles down. A few are pretty foxy, but I want more security and I dont want their mothers knocking on my door. Not to mention that they are my kids friends. Hope this helped.

omoya
Msg: 375
Posted: 1/11/2007 11:57:04 AM
I think it's your particular age that's the problem! My daughter is 19, and I've actually had a couple of her buds tell me that "if things were different," they'd go for it. Very flattering, but...we know we're all kidding. It's really difficult, for a mom at least, to have a serious "date" with a man so young. I don't want to feel maternal...I want to feel we're at least close to equal in experience and emotional depth.

So...while I have found a few "mannish boys" out there...for the most part, the only emotion I can muster for the others is motherly at best. And...a hint? If you want a mature woman...please stop writing in "Net speak." Definite turn off!
 ponygrlâ„¢
Msg: 376
Posted: 1/11/2007 12:08:59 PM
although some older women enjoy going out with younger guys i'm not one of them. my 2nd ex husband is 5 years younger than i am....he tried to lie and tell me he was only 2 yrs younger and the state made a mistake on his driver's license. wrong! the state would not make a mistake like that, and if they did, they would catch it before issuing the driver's license. some guys have to lie to say that they're around the woman's age and who wants to be around a lier. i made the mistake by marrying one, i thought i would give him a chance and boy was i ever wrong. there's also the fact that i'm not interested in dating my son or a big brother to my boys so why would i wanna date someone old enough to be just that. sorry, no can do!
 MariaChristina
Msg: 377
Posted: 1/12/2007 10:34:42 AM
We ARE into younger guys - some of us. I've always been attracted to Robert Redford, Richard Gere and younger guys. Its not the chronological age - its the "head space" - (ggg)...(thank you Demi!!!)

MariaJustLikesToLikeAnyoneChristina
 MariaChristina
Msg: 378
Posted: 1/12/2007 10:35:56 AM
and I mean "emotional head space" - not the "other" head space. The "state of mind".
 one_beachlvr
Msg: 379
Posted: 1/12/2007 11:16:21 AM
I see this discussion is still going on so I'll contribute. I believe the asker of this question is only 19. At that age, no-one man or woman should be dating much out of their age range. You're just discovering yourself as an adult and you're not likely to be very interesting to someone who's farther along in that process.

It also seems everyone is assuming you mean "much older" not just "older". I think either person could be older, and since women statistically live longer then men, for longterm relationships, it makes sense for the woman to be older. Personally, I prefer men right around my age or slightly younger. But if you get outside of 10 years difference (for me, even 5 years!), you stop having those things in common that make for bonding and lifelong relationships so it's short-sided regardless of which sex is looking for that kind of relationship. I think women are smarter about this and more interested in developing something that will last (versus trophy hookups). They use those kinds of things to judge men more than men do to judge women. If a woman is not so smart or interesting, doesn't really have much in common with him, but she's 15-20 years younger and good-looking, lots of men will still keep her around (maybe even marry her!) but it's not likely to last. Woman want more substance, so they're not likely to keep a man like that around long. I'm not trying to generalize beyond what is fair because there are alot of men who are smarter than that about relationships (and there are a lot of women who are stupid), but if you look at only the relationships with big age differences, you have to admit that there are much more older man/younger woman mismatches than the reverse. Hmm? maybe that means women get smarter as they age and men get dumber! LOL! joke... got no statistics on that so maybe I'll at least get a laugh out of someone!

There are rare cases where these relationships happen for the right reasons and they last a lifetime, but they are very rare! Stick around your own age range for now and as you get more sure of who you are and what you want, then stay true to those things and you will find yourself surrounded by other like-minded people who are most likely to be the best matches for you.
 one_beachlvr
Msg: 380
Posted: 1/12/2007 11:22:28 AM
I'll probably get a lot of men arguing that they want substance too (and I already admitted that some definitely are using more meaningful criteria). Here's what the others look like;

"Male, Age 46, divorced...

tired of games and drama. looking for maturity, intelligence, good conversation...etc..etc.

Only females between the age of 24 and 39 may write!"

If you don't get why that's funny, maybe you'll understand after your next divorce!
 Arugula
Msg: 381
Posted: 1/12/2007 11:37:48 AM

In my experience, younger men are less tainted in their feelings toward women. Maybe it is because they have had less hurts or whatever, but I find them more open and willing in communication than older men. I also find them to be much more optimistic about the potential of a relationship. Older men seem to be more bitter. Now, these are broad generalizations, but they have been overall my experience.

Exactly Michele. That's been my experience as well. The best post divorce relationship I had was with someone 10 years younger. And that sort of colored my thinking in a good way towards men in their mid 30s.
 Slowdanceronly
Msg: 383
Posted: 1/12/2007 11:50:33 AM
There are a lot of older women out there that like younger guys, but I'm not one of them. To each their own, as long as it's legal. But, personally I prefer a guy around my age or abit older to date or have a relationship with. I tend to have more in common with guys close to my age, and can communicate better. Plus, I'd really feel uncomfortable dating a guy anywhere near my kids ages. That's just not for me. I wouldn't date a guy younger than 40. But then, that's just my personal preference.
 Arugula
Msg: 384
Posted: 1/12/2007 11:55:54 AM
^^^I wouldn't go for anyone near my kids ages either. And I have 24 year old daughters. I actually thought about it for awhile. There are so many of those 20 somethings on here that are doing their best to get an older woman to pay attention to them.....but I just felt like a perv even thinking about it. But men in their mid 30s who already have kids and don't want more, or who dont' want kids, aren't at such a different place in their life than I am, and like the other poster said, they honestly seem happier in general, less jaded, than men my age.
 curlygrl
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2007 12:02:52 PM
I use to date younger guys - not anymore!!!!LOL!!

Not against it - just doesnt suit me anymore - and what are you -
like 19 - how much older are we talking here???

I also dont have any children and I think that was a BIG factor - if I had
kids - I think my attitude would have been different.

Before I could relate better to younger guys because they were more like me-
no kids - no prior stuff going on like an ex-wife or husband - I have neither.

And I never had anything like mentally they were not there - they were - some of
them were more mature than me!!! LOL!! It really is a preference. And how you present
yourself to the women. And you say why are they not into younger guys - ALOT of women are - you just need to look if that is what you really want.
 Janes Place
Msg: 386
Posted: 1/12/2007 12:07:04 PM
Bomber, how much older are you asking for?
Most women in their 20s like 30s men.
And women in their 30s like 20s men.
It's not about immature, there are lots of 20 years olds with more cooth and sense than some 40 year olds. It's more about what the women are looking for. In your 20's you're still growing and learning and a 30's man offers experience to learn from. Whereas a 30's woman now has the experience, and her own money, and maybe kids, so they're looking for someone fresh and fun and free. Well, that's me anyhow, can't speak for everyone.
 neil89
Msg: 387
Posted: 1/12/2007 12:12:07 PM
I'd only date an older woman if she had big boobs and was experienced
 griznaves
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2007 4:01:39 AM
It's been my experience that a lot of older women have insecurity issues about thier age, physical appearance, and possibly what thier friends and family would think. Quite possibly, some older women have gotten out of relationships/divorces or whatever and have been told that they will never meet anyone as young or attractive as they could have when they were younger. I've been with a few older women and constantly had to remind them how beautiful and smart they were - that, and they would never introduce me to their friends, let alone thier family or children who's age I was damn well near myself.
There's also the idea that most older women have already had kids and dont want to have to play mother to someone that they are romantically involved with.
So, there are a lot of things to look at here.
 Janet4now
Msg: 391
Posted: 1/16/2007 7:11:45 AM
It makes me wonder why women my age consider themselves too "young" to be with someone their own age... and at the same time men also thinking they appear so much younger so they lie about their ages...

Maybe it is a matter of not wanting to accept where you are in life. Not wanting to compete with others that have the same life experiences.

So much easier to impress a young one.

For me, I would prefer to find someone that is close to my age -- that has an appreciation for maturity -- and mutual respect that comes from common experiences.
 Veedub447
Msg: 392
Posted: 1/16/2007 9:28:31 AM
what you have to understand is there is a BIG difference in social maturity between men and women. Most women, (not all) by the time they are 19 they can function as adults, i.e. they can hold down a job, pay bills, they will wash the dishs in their home, they clean their bathrooms, if they get invited to be a guest at a someone's beachhouse for the weekend they write a thankyou note, they can even raise babies and they won't let a baby crawl around in poopy pants for 4 hours.

Now the same age for men to be able to do all those same things and become socially mature adults is about 33-35.(average, some get there alittle earlier and some a little later) Up until the age of 33 all they think about is seducing women. At 35 they start to become humans..

So a 21 year old woman should try to find a boyfriend about 35 years old, because a man her same age is still lighting his farts on fire and sending more on PS2 games than he will ever spend on her.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >