Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sinceresweetclassy
Msg: 426
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 18 of 58    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
I am interested in younger guys but,19 yrs old yes that is Very young..too young! for me to date. I look younger than my age..so,I don't want to be with someone my age. I find younger guys more Handsome! I don't like gray hair and sideburns,Wrinkles. lol! late 20's,30's yes. and I hate hairy chests on Guys! too! yuk!
 Stonewolf_II
Msg: 427
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 1/19/2007 8:20:47 PM
Hey Champ, it isn't that women aren't interested in men over 30, they just aren't interested in you. That's why you have been single all your 30's. You have a piss-poor attitude.
 Sweet and Sensible
Msg: 428
Posted: 1/19/2007 8:50:45 PM
I'm almost 43 ....When I look in the mirror.. I see just that. Including all the flaws the age and I mean 43 and the weathering and wrinkles of character.... that have come with age and the natural flow of life and aging.

Same with the shape ... its still holding .. but barely...

The changes of age can be totally accepting ones inmortality and sadness at moving away from the unworried or noticing the precarious vanity of the beauty of your youth.

So when I look at an attractive 36 year old man... I see an attractive 36 year old man.

When I look at an attractive 46 year old man .. I see an attractive 46 year old man.....

The feeling inside with the age difference.. is this...

I see myself at 43 in the mirror.. whether I like it or not. Some days I think .. yes I look good ... other days... I see the aging more. I never fool myself to think I am any younger. I like me for who I am, and who I have become. My aging self... struggles a bit at accepting the changes I see in the mirror at times.. but knows this is a natural turn of events in ones life. It's hard to accept. That's my own vanity and insecurity within myself of how I will be perceived as I age. I know that

A man 46 sees an attractive younger woman.. and doesn't see the flaws as I do or the way a 36 year old man does. So there is comfort in dating someone your own age or a little older because the tolerance understanding and comparing of our aging process.... are kinda a given... in accepting them naturally and accepting each other in our age bracket with all the difficult changes that are occuring.

So when a younger man says your attractive for your age... without realizing it, they don't understand the impact they have made in that comment because without realizing it there is almost a negative effect upon yourself.. cause they are thinking for your age... not for you... at the natural age you are.

Now whether they really mean the attractive part for the true compliment it is or "for my age"... is where I often find myself ... struggling with the answer.

The other thing with it .. is.. well.. you know the mature woman younger guy Mrs. Robinson thing... Pressure. Oh the pressure.. of thinking of sex with a younger guy expecting the older woman to satisfy teach and be willing to rev into action wildly. Yes, its possible.. but that's not where my head or centre is. So the pressure in dating a younger man is very heavy.

Insecurity, Uncertaintly in what the younger man may really want from you is always on the back of my mind. That's where my wisdom and patience has come into play.

So do you take the compliment for what it is ...

No.... you actually battle with it for what its not!!!!
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 429
Posted: 1/19/2007 9:09:45 PM
Hey Champ, it isn't that women aren't interested in men over 30, they just aren't interested in you. That's why you have been single all your 30's. You have a piss-poor attitude.

Always have enjoyed comments from those who are studs and have so much success in dating. These are the people who think just because he can do it, everyone else can.
Piss poor attitude..well am i supposed to rah rah and think it is amazing that women prefer younger guys and all say the same thing about men "thier age" be it 30's, 40's 50's. I am just statiing what is said.
A woman 54 says men her age are boring, and she is full of energy..then the same comment is said by a 46 yr old woman, then a 34 yr old woman. I guess because men are too busy thinking of getting laid most of the time, they do not listen to what is said most times. All the same comments from women of all ages.
Then these are the same women who will ridicule a man for dating much younger saying he just wants her for sex and she wants him for her money.
I know not true right?
Why would any of these women be interested in me?
 On_The_Edge
Msg: 430
Posted: 1/19/2007 10:58:22 PM
i thought that was a dancing pickle. no?
 misty_20
Msg: 431
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 1:48:59 AM
becouse some younger guys can be to needy dont no wat they r doin in sex laughs
 Charlie Shift
Msg: 432
Posted: 1/20/2007 3:40:49 AM
I haven't been "in" to younger guys (for me anyone less than 40, I'd say) simply b/c it never occurred to me that anyone significantly younger than I would hold my attention or would be interested in me. However, I'm gonna rethink this b/c I'm not doing so well with the guys my age (we don't seem to have a lot in common and the ones that do are most definitely taken or are not interested in me) and b/c I'm getting approached by thirty-somethings. I get along well with them, have similar interests and enjoy being with them and vice versa. So I'll give it a shot, y'all. Will let you know how things go.

I have to say, it'll be a little difficult for me since my older daughter is only 16 years younger than I.... But I promised myself I'd quit worrying about what others think and will search for happiness instead.

Psst...I'm scared....
 IWANNABEURSEXYLUV
Msg: 433
Posted: 1/20/2007 3:49:03 AM
I M HEAVILY INTO YOUNGER GUYS THEY R THE BOMB--FUN TO BE WITH-LIVELY N SUPER IN ALL WAYS
 The lastresort
Msg: 434
Posted: 1/20/2007 4:30:50 AM
You have a piss-poor attitude.

Hey Stonewolf II....I tried telling him that a few posts ago! But he's got selective understanding! I agree with you 100%! He's sounding like a broken record........stuck on replay!
 Coach30701
Msg: 435
Posted: 1/20/2007 4:36:49 AM
In some of these post there are to many selfs and I think that is common with hearing voices! Sorry I have no advice for that except good luck!
 Jade_star
Msg: 436
Posted: 1/20/2007 4:56:02 AM
<------- i really hate this banana

I am 25 (older woman) and i do like some younger guys, but sometimes they seem too immature but maybe thats just the ones i meet

Anyway Bomber, get in touch if u want and i'll try and give you some good advice x x x
 shyblondee
Msg: 437
Posted: 1/20/2007 6:49:27 AM
Champ....

Most women my age (mid 30's) that I know are involved with or married to men in the same age bracket. I know a few who specifically prefer younger men, but they are in the minority. We are out there!!!

I'm sure it isn't easy to hear that some women want younger men. Truthfully, though, when I was dating last year I came across so many older men (40's and up) who didn't want to date me because I was over 35. Did it bother me? No. Actually, I think it is a bit ironic that most of those men are still single and looking.

I could have become bitter and angry and ranted about the situation, but what good would it do? I decided to just shrug my shoulders and find someone who did want me. Attitude is everything.

I am now happily involved with a 37 year old man (I'm 36) who completely rocks my world.

Most people pick their partners based on the whole package, not something arbitrary like age. It doesn't do any good to get upset about those who want someone younger because it is just a waste of emotional energy. From your pictures, you are a nice looking guy and should be able to find someone to date. It has to be something else that is turning women off, not your age or looks.
 Stonewolf_II
Msg: 438
Posted: 1/20/2007 7:38:07 AM
Always have enjoyed comments from those who are studs and have so much success in dating. These are the people who think just because he can do it, everyone else can.

I never claimed to be a stud. I've dated about half a dozen women in the last four years.

As far as your attitude, you sound like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh, all gloom and doom. Your glass is not only half empty, it's polluted. That's why you have no success, what woman wants to be around that?

Your profile gives the impression that you are all about fun. Great, but reading through shows that it's all about you being entertained. And all your posts here seem to be made in hopes that some woman will try to prove you wrong and ask you out. Good luck with that. And the longer no one tries to prove you wrong, the more self righteous you can be.

It's not about age, it's about state of mind. A woman will be attracted to what piques her interest, and age is usually low on the priority list if she likes a guy.

=> lastresort, I don't expect his attitude to change, but like the tshirt says: Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 439
Posted: 1/20/2007 8:39:56 AM
First of all we all know we are not supposed to be chatting to one another on here, so when making a snide comment toward someone, how about sending the message to that person instead?
Ok now what is interesting is, when someone does not say the things everyone wants to hear, does not agree with what everyone says, and speaks their mind. Some bashing comes into play. Nice.
Now for myself, ya sure I may have a piss poor attitude, maybe that is why I am dateless, I am not all cool and amazing, so be it. And sure I will go along with the "having selective understanding" but it is easy for those to say these things when they are having success in dating. It is not surprising that when people have success they bash those who do not, because most times those people having success in dating do not know what it is like to be shot down all the time. Ahh pity party I know..
But still how come women of every age say the same things about guys their age. Seems I am wrong?
If a woman my age is saying guys this age are boring and then women older say the same thing, then what gives? Seems I have a piss poor attitude for mentioning that.
Well in Toronto for example it is all about money, career, looks, car. And those guys who are much younger have that. Is why so many women here like the younger guys.
Maybe agreeing with everyone is the best bet as today people want to hear what they want to hear. So yes whatever is said about why older women like younger men...all true.

And change to what? Agreeing with everyone? And saying yes to everything and not speaking one's mind? May as well.
 GreatAttitude
Msg: 440
Posted: 1/20/2007 8:41:36 AM
Because we're done raising children.
 Lake Erie Treasure
Msg: 441
Posted: 1/20/2007 8:48:23 AM
Don't want to have to teach then everything I know
 The lastresort
Msg: 442
Posted: 1/20/2007 8:54:07 AM
And sure I will go along with the "having selective understanding" but it is easy for those to say these things when they are having success in dating. It is not surprising that when people have success they bash those who do not, because most times those people having success in dating do not know what it is like to be shot down all the time. Ahh pity party I know..

Who said anything about being successful in dating? I didn't....I mentioned that I dated various types, didn't say how many! geesh! It's all about personality 'champ' not age or looks....not everyone will agree with you or I, these are all opinions .... what you've experienced is your problem....don't bring everyone down about it! Attitude is what it is all about! *sigh* Hey and for your info, I've been shot down a few times because some men are afraid to commit when things are going great....but do I dwell on it? Of course not! There's more fishies out there, younger and older!
 Stonewolf_II
Msg: 443
Posted: 1/20/2007 9:43:49 AM
because most times those people having success in dating do not know what it is like to be shot down all the time.

Well, my good man, I do know what it is like to be shot down all the time. A little background, here. The last four years have been good, and I have been approached as often as I have done the approaching. Age 26-36 I was in a relationship with a woman 14 yrs my senior. When that ended, she went with someone older than I am, and I went with someone younger than me. Before that relationship, my dating life pretty much consisted of getting shot down 90% of the time. Discouraging as hell if you look at the numbers. But I noticed a trend. I wouldn't get women that others could, but I would get the ones that nobody else could. I like the concept of quality over quantity. The point being, as I get older, I'm having more success.

But still how come women of every age say the same things about guys their age. Seems I am wrong?
If a woman my age is saying guys this age are boring and then women older say the same thing, then what gives?

You're getting caught up in generalizations. For as many women that say that, there are just as many that don't.

Your piss-poor attitude comes through in that you are only 37 and you seem to have given up. You have all kinds of reasons that women won't date you, and if you keep repeating them, women will believe you. They'll figure "If he doesn't like himself, why would I like him?"

Well in Toronto for example it is all about money, career, looks, car. And those guys who are much younger have that. Is why so many women here like the younger guys.

Perhaps, but that is T.O. Just an aberration in the real world. Maybe you need to find a new stomping ground.

And change to what? Agreeing with everyone? And saying yes to everything and not speaking one's mind? May as well.

Change to a positive way of looking at things. You don't have to agree with everyone and you don't have to be a sheep. Hell, even Schlepprock from the Flintstones looked up now and again. I mean, I'm kinda dark and evil, but I have a positive outlook on life.

To paraphrase a line from "Total Recall": What is the same about all the women you meet? You are. If you want different results, maybe take a look at you and see what they see.
 ElusiveNewfy
Msg: 444
Posted: 1/20/2007 5:38:49 PM
Hey if there's an older woman who's single, 45 to 50.

Then Pick Me Pick Me !!!!!

I'm 39, and can keep up with you and more !

Cheers
Paul
 dentwebb
Msg: 445
Posted: 1/20/2007 6:02:38 PM
You aren't a dumb a**, you know the only reason older women date signicantly younger men is for their sexual energy! They aren't looking for a souldmate for life. When they get f***** enought to stisfy their egos which are low. Then they will begin to look for men their own age for the security. I feel sorry for the man that falls for them, believe me that they will never be honest to him about their previous abuse of younger men for their ego/pleasure!
It is true women use we men at times! But we have the advantage, it is impossible to use us for sex, we love it. Just don't get into anything serious with an older woman! Just enjoy what you can get from her!!!
 The lastresort
Msg: 446
Posted: 1/20/2007 6:26:15 PM
When they get f***** enought to stisfy their egos which are low. Then they will begin to look for men their own age for the security.

I hope this goes thru...using a friend's computer....um dented i mean dentwebb....I'm a very secure person, own my own home, car, raising a son and work a fulltime job. I am also a very honest person and let younger men (younger than 40) know that they are too young for me and that they have yet to get married and have their own family themselves. It's quite unfair for you to assume some of us older women are looking for what you had stated. It goes to show how some men, younger and as old as you, have some growing up to do! Just my 2 cents!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 6:33:47 PM
Gotta love it when some man thinks he knows ALL women and how we think and why we make the choices we do. I never sought out a younger man to date because he was younger, but I have to say the men my age and older weren't very appealing, mostly just bitter towards women. Lot of that going around, it appears!
 ElusiveNewfy
Msg: 448
Posted: 1/20/2007 7:15:10 PM
Buddy up there is full of s**t ^^^

I was 23 or 24 dating a 44 year old woman in an ongoing relationship. Yea the sex was great absolutely loved it, she rocked me big time. And I've dated nothing but older women ever since.

Why? Because they are great lovers, smart, sexy, independant, full of life, experienced and have a well deveoped sense of humor. Older women are where it's at, nothing better in my book.

I'm 39 now and would have no problem being a lover to a woman 45 or over, if she's really hot, even into her 60's.

Take that you old miserable Tom Cat !

Cheers
Paul
 LonnaStarr
Msg: 449
Posted: 1/21/2007 12:34:21 AM
I hate that freakin' banana! eeeeew

I also met my husband when he was 19 and i was 33. I look young for my age and i apparantly act well, like 12 sometimes. We were together 19 yrs. had a baby who's 16 now. We were married 15 yrs. Our divorce was final Thursday.

I've always been attracted to younger men. Don't think i could do 19 now but I look at guys my age and they look, I don't know, just older! You just have to be patient. Some women like older men! It just depends on the woman but they're out there, trust me.
 LonnaStarr
Msg: 450
Posted: 1/21/2007 12:42:49 AM
ooooh, I didn't read this before i posted before.
Dentwebb. Methinks you have a bit of a resentment towards women! Or is it just women who turn you down for younger men. I met and married a 19 yr. old. and we are soulmates which is why I was attracted to him. age doesn't matter if you look at the big picture (spiritually) We had the healthiest relationship of all our friends. Had a beautiful son whose 16 now and an incredible child. I'm 52 and he's 38 now and who freakin cares! Well, apparantly you. get over it. You are the one who needs to grow up apparantly.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???