Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Trafftech
Msg: 505
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 18 of 58    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
Dude, give it time. There is such a thing as being too young for some people. You are not even old enough to drink legally, so why in the hell would a woman want to go out and drink with you when you can't even buy her drinks because you are under age. Think about it.
 WomanofFaith50
Msg: 506
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 1/24/2007 11:30:13 PM
well Bomber...have been asked out by many young men,but I just can't if they are my sons age. Most are just wanting sex anyway. In fact most men that I date are younger than I am because men MY age look awful! Good luck to you and if you are attracted to older women you will find one eventually if you keep looking................and most women like this banana guy... ...and WHY do u think THAT is?lol.
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 508
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 12:08:25 AM
champ, i am very confused. you are only 37. life has just begun! you are not an "older guy". unless, maybe you were an early bloomer? doing all this for "decades"? take a breath and go for it again. this time it might be better for you. they say you learn from your mistakes, even more than from your successes. do not give up! if i thought that way, i'd be digging my grave in my 50's! no chance. life is too precious, despite all the hardships. hey, go for a younger person if it makes you happy. just don't rob the cradle. that's where my "mom" side takes offense. same for the women. although, i cannot help but hope that love is somewhere in the scheme of things for most of you. and also for me!
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 510
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 2:50:34 AM
cedar, d'ya think donald trump has class and taste? i don't. as to how people feel when someone is younger: if we disregard the sharks for a moment, my guess is that people just "feel" and some of those feelings are probably romantic and my guess is that they will be short lived. i think most people who may dress inappropirately or w/o dignity, have absolutlely no clue! just look at trump. but sure, he'll get his arm candy and the similar women will get their's. so be it, as long as the younger person is not the victim and not as young as our OP.

overall as a person in her late fifties, i must say it dawned on me only less than a year ago. it was an awful feeling. here i am, the same person in the same body and suddenly i am OLD. it's very scary especially when you start thinking that certain aspects of your life are older and there are some things that you cannot retrieve. for me it was especially wierd, as i lost a good several years when i got sick and before i was diagnosed and treated for lymes. i look younger now, way younger, than i did when i was sick!

so, i guess, when some people get a bit out of control, that they are actually operating out of fear and not just pure selfishness. and yes, there are the few who have true love connections. but knowing some of these people, to say it is not difficult as the one partner gets really old and near death, is to not be truthful. i know of one female survivor and one male survivor and although they did have true love, they also gave of themselves for a very long time towards the end and i wonder what toll it will take upon them in the future.

i guess it will be better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. but where in that poem is the ten or fifteen years of not aging gracefully and having to care for someone who is very ill. i just don't know the answer. i only know the answer, if someone is simply using someone else, but then again, that applies to people of all ages and to both sexes. i hope that this particular "market' segment" is not the greater percentage. i imagine most people are just running and not stopping to think, but rather to regain what they think they may have lost, be it something they once had or something that is perceived as "missed opportunity".

but again, our OP is so young. he probably has no clue as to what all these old people are talking about. my kids are 17, 18 and 19. to them, anyone older than 24 at max is already with one foot under! my kid recently asked what it was like in "ancient times' when marilyn monroe was alive. i told her she rode a dinasaur because they didn't have cars in those days!
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 4:07:41 AM
Raven... I hear ya and you are so right...

But we can't encourage them to make more fools of themselves than they already have. You've made a point that Tick tock doesn't even have a photo and must be hiding something. It's so easy to make derogatory comments when one doesn't have a photo to back one up. That should say it all...and of course the Champ would agree.

I'm surprised at you Champ. You've disappointed me! Now you side with someone who has insulted older women ...older women who have more substance and (yeah, there's that 2007 word again...WISDOM) than you can possibly gather in a lifetime at the rate you're going. Take the needle off and change the broken record. Stop crying in your soup...Poor you...

Stop being so self absorbed. Reread "ALL" of your posts...they all say the same thing...different positions to the words but you repeat yourself constantly.

The real reason you don't get ANY woman, younger, older or in between is your attitude..it stinks! I'm sick of hearing about your constant boo hooing. You are boring and a cry baby. START complaining on another thread....PLEASE!!

Half the time I scratch my head and can't understand what you are "crying" about...wah! wah! wah!. It's getting SOOOOOO old. Your verbal diahrea alone, turns women away.

Go find a psychiatrist to help you out...no one can here.

Sorry Champ...just had to say something.

Sorry people...I know...totally off topic...but someone had to say something to this VERY FRUSTRATING individual who is frustrating the heck out of me and everyone else on this thread.
 junipermoon
Msg: 515
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 4:53:34 AM
younger men ~ some of them much, much younger ~ contact me on a daily basis. a consistent comment goes something like: 'wow....you look better than a lot of women half your age.'

while i find it flattering and oddly sweet, i also enjoy conversing with people who have experiences similar to my own.

to claim that women over 35 have lost their physical appeal, not only perpetuates a huge lie, it also limits and denies the opportunity for the exciting, electrifying and refreshing adventures inherent in ineractions with women who refuse to play the game any longer.

if i met a younger man whose interests and passions match my own, i would give him a chance.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 516
Posted: 1/25/2007 5:00:55 AM
Some older women ARE into younger guys. The problem is, often they have the wrong mindset. They don't have the level of wisdom that younger men actually look for in an older woman. There's this woman in her 50's in my law school class. She's very well-developed, and looks great for her age. Thing is, she still has the attitude of a college-age girl. If I want an older woman, it should be one whose mindset fits her age. Be that as it may, I do confess I was drawn to her for a while, for purely physical reasons.

How young and misguided I am!
 Agallah005
Msg: 517
Posted: 1/25/2007 5:17:47 AM
older women suck anyways, I like younger women, forget that, I've had a bunch of older women that couldn't satisfy my sexual hunger like a younger girl or a girl around my age, I was 20 dating a 26 year-old one time and she sucked in bed, I've even had one over 30 and she couldn't mess with me neither, too demanding and too many ****ing kids, forget that, that having a kids business is not in my mind, have to wait around for her to schedule a date with you, most older women have kids. I don't so I dont' want to deal with them no longer. Oh, and if they are Older and they dont' have kids and aren't married, there's somethign psychologically wrong. I'm not trying to be mean but they usually are on some mission to have kids and tend to rush you to altar, only to get ****ed over by someone promising them the world only to have sex with them. Not that they should be married or whatever but the majority of women that are older that I've known at my job that are not married are plain mental. they tell me they like younger men becuase of stamina, but get to know them and they don't have much to give you but some memories of the 70 or whatever, forget that, I'd rather have a younger woman. I don't mind teaching a woman. Older women are a drag to me.

date in your age range, you're better off, and the women are finer, and they probably smell better too, LOL
 Agallah005
Msg: 518
Posted: 1/25/2007 5:34:13 AM
that's the problem Mr Bain, if they are 50 and act like a college-aged girl, they don't have it all up there. they are probably divorced after 20-30 years and now that they are "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" they want to enjoy being single, which doesn't look good for a woman that age. I'm not saying that a woman shouldn't have fun, but damn after atleast 40 they should atleast be married. that's why I'd rather have a younger girl, I can teach them and I don't have to worry about getting married since I'm no trying to get married yet. I'll do it in due time, but not yet. Usually when I dated an older woman it wasn't the best experience. no offense to older women, but I just wouldn't even try, they can take care of themselves all they want, but still wouldn't grab my attention. and some men in their 30s play XBox AND drink beer, don't know where that came from, your son maybe, but I don't do either, I'd rather read a book or watch a movie.

some look great when they ARE older, but that's very few and in between, it's all in how they took care of themselves while younger, LOL.
 Arugula
Msg: 519
Posted: 1/25/2007 5:57:17 AM

they want to enjoy being single, which doesn't look good for a woman that age.

Well, some young lady is going to be sooooooo lucky to net a man like yourself. You keep her a** in line man. Make sure she knows how you expect her to act. Train her right.
 Janet4now
Msg: 520
Posted: 1/25/2007 5:57:36 AM

...they want to enjoy being single, which doesn't look good for a woman that age...

at what age AGALLAH005 is it no longer attractive to enjoy being single?

I love that a 26-year-old woman (20 years younger than I) is your "older woman".
 Gypsie13
Msg: 521
Posted: 1/25/2007 6:59:39 AM
I happen to like the younger guys (well... they need to be over 21!!) To play with......

I don't look or act my age.... and I look damn good in low rise jeans (with my lower back "art" showing)

So there are some of us "older" women who like the younger guys!!!
 Janet4now
Msg: 522
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:05:11 AM

I don't look or act my age....

Why is this something to be proud of?

"Act your age" sounds like something a parent says to a kid when they are being childish.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 523
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:14:41 AM
Agallah is right. A woman with children is a real handful. The dating world is tough enough as it is, and once children are injected into the mix, it's just another obstacle to deal with. It's not that she's wrong to have children- far from it- it's that I don't have the mindset to date a woman with children- it makes me feel unduly old. It wasn't that long ago, that I myself was playing Nintendo and reading comic books.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 524
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:15:49 AM
Not that I haven't played Nintendo recently...
 LBP
Msg: 525
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:26:57 AM
A couple years younger, no problem. If I could have been your babysitter, a bit of an issue.

I want to be teacher and student. Not just teacher.
 Arugula
Msg: 526
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:35:28 AM
Exactly Janet. I'd like to know where the rule book is for how we should act at each age. I need to know when I should put on my granny panties and get my support hose.
 Greeneyesblonde
Msg: 527
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:10:44 AM
"I'm not interested in younger guys cuz I already have kids and my name is not Demi Moore...LOL...Sorry, my comfort zone is my own age or 5 years younger....I had a 27 year old e-mail me the other day wanting `to get together`....LOL...I have shoes older than him...But I was polite and answered back and said I was flatterd (and I was) but not comfortable..."

To each, his own...

Exactly ...but having said that..I find that I date men usually younger than me..at the most 10 years younger.. I have no problem with it and I don't think I look my age..but someone who's 19 ?? Hmmm my 23 year old son might not be liking that one lol..

So my comfort zone is for dating about 10 years or so younger..as long as we are on the same page in life per se..as I am done having children..and if he hasn't had any..well that could be a huge problem..I dated a 37 year old for about 5 months..so that's 9 years.. I had no problem with it..age is just a number..

again, to each, his own..

GEB
 cedar77
Msg: 529
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:18:41 AM
cedar, d'ya think donald trump has class and taste? i don't. as to how people feel when someone is younger: if we disregard the sharks for a moment, my guess is that people just "feel" and some of those feelings are probably romantic and my guess is that they will be short lived. i think most people who may dress inappropirately or w/o dignity, have absolutlely no clue! just look at trump. but sure, he'll get his arm candy and the similar women will get their's. so be it, as long as the younger person is not the victim and not as young as our OP.

Although I avoid watching much t.v., from what I know, Donald Trump is a clown and a show boat.....He is tacky for sure ...his arm candy is tacky and that's the point... girl toy's and boy toy's are tacky and shallow....fun is fun but let's be honest....it's not a deep thing.

By the way I'm sure Donald Trump is used almost like a cartoon character to represent to the average joe public what a very wealthy person is .....while the truely mega wealthy and powerful quietly go about their business running thing's.

overall as a person in her late fifties, i must say it dawned on me only less than a year ago. it was an awful feeling. here i am, the same person in the same body and suddenly i am OLD.

You're young! ...(-: .....75 is getting "old" ...nothing wrong with getting old , but sometimes you go through periods of coming to grips with the fact that time flies!!
 **Dont Cha**
Msg: 530
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:26:51 AM
just thinking..as a rule they may think they won't be compatible. I feel it depends on both people, where they are at in their lives, the experiences, goals, interests, beliefs,..that should play more into it.
 gypsyloves1069
Msg: 531
Posted: 1/25/2007 9:24:17 AM
HI, I KEPT HIM UP IN HONOR OF YOU TICK TOCK MSG#505-SMILING I LIKE HIM FOR THE SAME REASONS..FUNNY NOT THE TOPIC...BUT BEING 41 I WOULD DATE YOUNGER,IT WOULD HAVE TO BE THE RIGHT RIGHT GUY,NEVER HAVE,I LIKE FUNNY,JOKES AGE MEANS NOTHING IN THAT ..OK I AM KEEPING RON UP FOR PART OF TODAY K.....HEARTSNEEDSASTART/PATRICIA THANK YOU..
 tick tock
Msg: 532
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 11:05:29 AM
^ thanks hearts, that's outstanding! He's a legend to generations of men.

Raven: your reaction is exactly what I thought it would be...very predictable. Funny how defensive you became over such a comment, especially since you fit the bill to a tee (LOL @ "God wants a piece of my as5" on your profile"). Hit a raw nerve, did I?
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 533
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 1:48:08 PM
cedar, i worked with a lot of these "wealthy" people and i've personally witnessed the damage trump did to small businesses and contractors in atlantic city when he suddenly had his "corporation" go bankrupt while these peoples lives went down the tubes. i think that a lot of the men with younger women are relatively "unattractive" but for some reason their power and money attract the younger women, who perhaps feel they cannot get by life on their personal achievements. i met one woman in these same circles who was writing a book about her older man's "genius", but she admitted it was really the power.

women, on the other hand, who date younger versus older, i believe are looking for romance and lately it appears are looking for signs of sexuality and sensuality. it sure is a joke that our Higher Power has played on us, both men and women. i hope that all of us on pof eventually get our heads straight about how love, sex, sensuality, commitment, values, fun, joy, intellect and alas, the limits of the life cycle and the develpmental stages and experience all fold together!

there are days it seems impossible and then there are the really good days! the ups and downs of souls living in our bodies. and alas, having many friends who are quite wealthy as well as quite poor, they all have the same problems, it seems. the "users" can be found up and down the food chain. and as far as the young man who needs to "put down" all older women in the few posts above, i wouldn't worry too much. there are a few things besides age that are also important, like brains and sensitivity!

ps the missing part of that time flies saying is that it happens when you are supposed to be having fun. guess i'll run out and flirt at the local coffee hangout and forget trying to remodel this house! us extroverts need people to yak with.
 The lastresort
Msg: 536
Posted: 1/25/2007 2:55:28 PM

60 Minutes Correspondent Andy Rooney (CBS)
As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all. Here
are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the
night and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she
doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do,
and it's usually more interesting.

Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming
match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant.
Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they
think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved.
They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess
your sins to a woman over 40.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far
sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you
right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don't ever
have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of R easons.
Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart,
well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow
pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress. Ladies, I
apologize.

For all those men who say "Why buy the cow when you can get
the milk for free?" here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are
against marriage. Why?
Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig
just to get a little sausage!
Andy Rooney is a really smart guy!

This was sent to me today from a very good friend who appreciates older women!

cedar77
Msg: 537
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 3:08:27 PM
women, on the other hand, who date younger versus older, i believe are looking for romance and lately it appears are looking for signs of sexuality and sensuality. it sure is a joke that our Higher Power has played on us, both men and women. i hope that all of us on pof eventually get our heads straight about how love, sex, sensuality, commitment, values, fun, joy, intellect and alas, the limits of the life cycle and the develpmental stages and experience all fold together!

serenity...
I don't know how much younger we are talking about here...I guess if the guy is young enough to even possibly be the woman's son then that's getting pretty dicey .

I do think this much about the whole subject.....
Life is short as we both have agreed , any time you can live life fuller that is a good thing, One of the truely great thing's in this world is the connection that real and sincere romance can be .. at any age....and there are varying type's of romance and intimacy....but ....when someone is just using another for self satisfaction....that's a negative and diminishing to both involved.

cedar, i worked with a lot of these "wealthy" people and i've personally witnessed the damage trump did to small businesses and contractors in atlantic city when he suddenly had his "corporation" go bankrupt while these peoples lives went down the tubes.

yeah ...he's not inspiring ....and for this he get's rewarded with a t.v. show and fame....sick society.
IMO .....there are some good who are wealthy and powerful as well ....but the system (those who are most wealthy and powerful) seem's to promote the worst.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >