Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 607
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 22 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
I often wonder these days how the guys in their 50's feel. I mean you have lots of women in their 50's now wanting to date guys as young as in their 30's. And I wonder if many of these women in fact have affairs with the younger guys and if some leave their husbands for greener pastures with younger guys.
I guess that may be what is in store for all of us guys sooner or later? Not sure what to make of it, reason I say this is, I have often been contacted by women old enough to be my mom practically. My mom is 61, and the women were all in their mid/late 50's who contacted me.
Now not knocking anyone for their age but it seems my luck may be with that age range? If so, sadly I would rather bow out of dating because then what is in store for me when I get to their age?
Weird how it has gone too, no longer do you have lots of women much younger wanting to date older, what you have is all ages of women vying for the same age range somewhat, give or take a few. Must be quite the rush and exctiement, let alone major boost to the young guys' confidence and ego to know there are tons of women of all ages that would date him.
Quite different than when I was say mid 20's, when most women my age then, were dating the guys 10 years older, now it reversed and those same women are now more or less dating guys 10+ years younger. Simply bizarre.
But to each their own, just makes us older men compete harder for the attention of women. And will prove what guys are worth the time to be given by women. What a game dating has turned out to be. Unreal.
 gypsyloves1069
Msg: 608
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 2/3/2007 10:46:06 AM
Wow, was giving you a compliment ok,I have never been with a younger guy said that to try to tell u that u r cute,I met a great man on here he is 48 and we are planing to go to vegas a real man not a boy,how bizarre see a DR you need one champ
 Ssinjin
Msg: 609
Posted: 2/3/2007 11:16:15 AM
bomber, I do not think the problem is with older women not being into younger guys or that you are doing anything wrong. I do however think that women who are older have seen alot of things and have a wisdom of life experience that makes them wary of a younger guys intentions. I have known a few couples with may-december relationships. It seems they can be exciting and wonderful but they can also be complicated and confusing. Good luck on your endeavor.

~Ssinjin~
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 610
Posted: 2/3/2007 12:31:45 PM

Wow, was giving you a compliment ok,I have never been with a younger guy said that to try to tell u that u r cute,I met a great man on here he is 48 and we are planing to go to vegas a real man not a boy,how bizarre see a DR you need one champ

This is the type of thing I do not understand. I was never aiming my comment to anyone specific, I was commenting on the one person who said what happens to men at 50 for example. I was commenting on what seems to be common in the threads on lder women/younger men. And that is how the women complain and say that men their age are this and that and why they prefer younger.
See a Dr? Thanks for the compliment...but you seem to have misread what I said. Seems somehow there was an insult taken when i said clearly I was not.
Wow, so commenting on what is said is wrong but agreeing with what is sais is considered proper. I understand.
Unreal, Oh well, c'est la vie.
Everyone date who they want and whatever age they want. Never comment on it either, good or bad. Is not worth it because people will not like it when you do not agree or ask questions.
 eb3267
Msg: 611
Posted: 2/3/2007 2:58:48 PM
~ Quite different than when I was say mid 20's, when most women my age then, were dating the guys 10 years older, now it reversed and those same women are now more or less dating guys 10+ years younger. Simply bizarre.
But to each their own, just makes us older men compete harder for the attention of women. And will prove what guys are worth the time to be given by women. What a game dating has turned out to be. Unreal. ~

It's called role reversal Darlin...

Men have been doing it for years, now it's a woman's turn.. Plain and simple..
 freebird22
Msg: 612
Posted: 2/3/2007 3:03:53 PM
^^LOL what happens to us after 35/40...I dread 12 years when i turn 50, bad enough now LOL.
Younger guys will be dating older women more and more as time goes on. I think in about 10 years there will be so many single men over 40/45 it will be unreal. Sometime it will happen that the younger women will start dating older men, just do not know when that trend will come about.
Champ... I'm sorry I should not have generalized all men over 50. Some that I have met are absolutely fabulous. Others, are not. I happen to have a friend whom is younger, about to turn 50 and he and I have conversations about the older guys I've been out with. The one I've actually dated for a few months, just doesn't have a personality. And a few others that I have met for a coffee or a drink, well they are not any FUN! This one guy has just become absolutely boring. When I first met him he took me to the drag stips, drive-in movies. We had fun. Then all of a sudden he is sooooo tired, just wants to be a couch potatoe. Whereas my wonderful and dear friend has spunk, we can sit up all night and just laugh, cook, watch chick flicks and MAN flicks. I have learned more about man stuff from him than even my ex. I'm 52 and wouldn't dare to date a guy in his 30's. Yes I've been approached, that is why my profile is changed. It seems the young ones that IM us "older gals" come up with the strangest comments, like "I'm a 36 year old virgin, do you wish to help me out"..... seezzzzzeee.. I noticed you are in your late 30's and I'm going to stop categorizing men according to age. Each is different. One last statement on the over 50 thing. Do a search for men 50 to 55 and check them out, they want young, skinny ladies and yet they have totaly let themselves go. Pot bellies (which they lie about) and very rough looking. Did they not hear of Oil of Olay (LOL). It's not vain to take care of your skin and stay out of the TEXAS SUN.... Seriously the men in Texas over 50 are rough looking. Sorry so long winded here, I can't contact you in an email as you only take emails from those 50 or younger..... LOL, Don't worry about women cheating on you when you are 50 for a younger guy. I never cheated so I can't speak for that, but after receiving my divorce I only looked for gentlemen my age and over, I did not seek out the younger group. I just wish the men in their 50's would remember what it is like to be 40'ish and have some fun in their life........ Enjoy your day, change your profile and we can become email buds, I would love to chat with you.

Freebird flies
 tick tock
Msg: 613
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2007 3:07:01 PM
There are lots of older men still doing it, they're just not as vocal about it as they used to be and it's not media friendly to portray it anymore (wouldn't want to offend certain sensitive creatures out of their delusions now, would ya?)
 freebird22
Msg: 614
Posted: 2/3/2007 3:22:31 PM
Tick Tock, at 37 how can you speak for the men over 50??? Of course they are doing it, but didn't you get what I said about taking care of oneself or being "fun to be with"......
If you are referring to "doing it" as having sex. Hell yea! The older the gentlemen is the better he is. Don't think you 30 something guys have anything over someone who is 50 or over. They are wise and know all the tricks a woman so loves. Wait 10 years and get back to me babe..... You will totally get it.
 tick tock
Msg: 616
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2007 3:51:53 PM
Freebird, why did you think my post was directed at you? Ok...that's a little paranoid, but since you asked, I'll respond:

Tick Tock, at 37 how can you speak for the men over 50???

Have known many and have know many women that have dated men over 45.

Of course they are doing it, but didn't you get what I said about taking care of oneself or being "fun to be with"......

Perhaps it's the area you're in. Out here on the west coast, I see a lot of fit older men who still take very good care of themselves...and that's without the benefit of tons of makeup!

If you are referring to "doing it" as having sex

Nope. I was referring to "doing it" as in the theme of this thread (older/younger)...except i was addressing older men dating younger women.

Don't think you 30 something guys have anything over someone who is 50 or over. They are wise and know all the tricks a woman so loves. Wait 10 years and get back to me babe..... You will totally get it.

Oooookaaaay now...this is where you completely were out to lunch. Where did I say any of the above? Here, I'll break it down for you: my last post was supportive of the fact that there are many older men dating younger women. How you managed to completely screw up the meaning of that one is beyond me.
 NotAPlayerRU?
Msg: 617
Posted: 2/3/2007 4:24:01 PM
Well i'm 40 years old and i certainly wouldn't want to date a 19 year old.....heck my daughter is 18 sheesh......When i was 34 i dated a 24 year old but that was young enough hehehe ...........but was fun while it lasted *grin*

I think you should stick to your own age? your still a KID
 Blossom65
Msg: 618
Posted: 2/3/2007 4:24:24 PM
Its a double edge sword really.......Older guys usually have their shit together, have their careers going, know what they want, etc, but alas, its the younger dudes that always have a hard.... oh well!! lol
 captain-jack
Msg: 619
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2007 9:32:54 PM
Age is a number. At 58 I don't want to be a sugar daddy to the 20 somethings and the 30 somethings have kids to worry about instead of enjoying themselves. There are many gorgeous 40+ ladies. They have lived and gained experiences in and out of the bedroom. They do not want a couch potato, who does? There is so much to do in addition to bedroom activities. Dinner, theater, races (nascar), the beach, conversing on the same level. The only fight they are interested in is a pillow fight. I have grown older (beats the alternative) but have not become old. I have no problem with the older (number thing again) ladies looking for younger men as there are many of their sisters that are perfectly happy with men that show interest in them, treat them like a lady, can converse intelligently, are financially secure, and put the pleasure of the lady above their own, and having children are no longer a concern. These ladies are looking for great times and uninhibited fun. Thankfully I'm here to help!
 captain-jack
Msg: 620
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2007 9:37:11 PM
Blossom65- Guys of any age can have that hard problem. There are pills to take care of that I hear. At times the lady may just not be attractive and that is a self defense measure,,LOL
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 621
Posted: 2/3/2007 10:44:25 PM

Champ, your problems have to do with your image of yourself, not your age. I just cant believe you havent realized it yet.

You also seem to have a hate on for younger men, which I dont understand. It also baffles me that you think that age is so important. When you find someone you get along with, someone who makes you smile everytime you hear their voice or look into their eyes, you really wont care how old they are.

As i said, go back and read tyhe negativity in your posts in this thread, it shines through, and really is a big part of the problem you have with meeting women.

Well first off myself I know I am very negative, takes time, years, to get over that and be a good person. Time has somewhat passed me by anyhow.
I do not have a hate for younger guys, sorry if it seems that way. What gets me is, I will contact and chat to someone and she says "Oh see guys my age (I am her age) are always boring and younger guys are the best." or I hear and read the stuff they all say is so amazing about younger men. So for me it is a case of knowing then I am just not good enough to impress these women of today because no matter what I myself, cannot compete with youth. They will be way better in the sack, they will be better looking, dress better, so there are 3 areas i completely lose out to.

I am starting to decide to either give up on dating forever, or start meeting women over 45/50 and maybe things will be alot brighter. Not bother with women anywhere close to my age as they are more into the younger men. Maybe that is also a problem, not going older like all other men do.
I had a 19 yr old like me, 22 yr old like me and 23 yr old like me. Now for me, I find nothing in common with someone 15-19 yrs younger than me. Maybe I should go for it next time. Just like the women in their mid/late 50's that have contacted me, maybe I should start looking at that as being ok and go for it.
 gypsyjules
Msg: 624
Posted: 2/4/2007 5:50:14 AM
Not too worry sweetie ,,,I find it quite flattering when a younger man sends me a message ...Yahoo ,,,,, the dancing banana ,,,,well too be honest now that you have burst my image of dancing green men i really thought they were pickles lol .,,,,,
Don't despair young bomber,,,,you have not bombed out ,,,Myself i am 37 now and i still get messages from young hotties as young as 21 and I personally love it ....Age is just a number ,,,,Things happen when you lease expect it ......Go out there and cast your line out there ,,,Trolling away mmmmmm you never know what is nibbling on your line ,,,always worth checking it out ....All the best in your quest ,,,,i believe older woman are the best lol cheers gypsyjules
 freebird22
Msg: 625
Posted: 2/4/2007 6:45:40 AM
Captain Jack, I'm here, Tick-Tock you misunderstood and Champ, you are so lucky to be the age you are. Do not give up. There are so many fantastic women out there that are right around your age that want you and you just don't see it. You will. I don't know what has happened but at 38 there is no need to throw the towel in.

My dear friend who is turning 50 this year is not freeking out. (I did when I hit the 5..0...) but you my friend are only 38, come on ... enjoy life. There is nothing wrong with you. Probably some sh**ty girl dumped on you, get over it and live life to its fullest. Life is too short. Have fun ......
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 626
Posted: 2/4/2007 8:17:54 AM
As I always say, I am a sucker for punishment. I will take a "break" from dating, then some stupid sign gives me a signal to get back in there, I think right on and I feel much better..then bang..reality hits and the same outcome again. Gets really redundant like my posts.
Then I get a younger woman who has a bf start flirting with me, and wanting me to go out with her sometime...I do it, then after that I think is that all I am good for? But should I complain? Then I meet some women my age, they say I am not their type. Rejecting me based on my job, etc, never basing it on who I am as a person to them.
Then I get contacted by women 20 years older than me. But why? How can a guy who is old enough to be one's son, have anything in common with someone that much older. But should beggars be choosers at 38? Maybe dating the 23 yr old who has a bf I should go for. Nothing else better going on for me dating wise, or maybe dating the 58 yr old is what i should do, or sit back, keep getting rejected by women closer to my age and think what gives?
Lots of confusion here for me. Older/Younger/Same Age...not sure what to make of it all.
 Blossom65
Msg: 627
Posted: 2/4/2007 2:27:49 PM
Captain, I dont think you got what I meant!! I didnt say that older guys CANT perform, hell no, I meant that sometimes younger guys who are still living with their parents and going through school and working part time only have a nice hard **** to offer whereas with older guys its the complete package.

As for me personally, Ive never had to be with any guy yet that couldnt perform do to my ugh "Unattractiveness" as you put it!
 tick tock
Msg: 628
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2007 3:10:50 PM
^ wow...classy.
 Janet4now
Msg: 629
Posted: 2/4/2007 3:15:06 PM
Oh Champ... why don't you start your own forum based on the "other" issues you've told me about... there is so much more here than what you're letting on.

Why do you do this?
 JPrincess
Msg: 631
Posted: 2/4/2007 3:22:59 PM
I am looking for a man that is well on his way in his career. A guy that may want to settle down. I can't keep up with someone who is just really starting to party legally. I want to stay in watch movies, go to dinner theater. And i definitely do not want to be the one driving and paying. Also owning your own house is a bonus too since we wouldn't have to always be in my house.
 emmyrn
Msg: 632
Posted: 2/4/2007 4:54:24 PM
Im about to turn 42, and my passion/hobby/social life is online gaming. As you can imagine, I meet a huge amount of young men who think they want me for some reason...maybe my voice, maybe the idea that I actually like to shoot rockets at them..whatever:) Dont get me wrong, over the years there have been a special few young guys, and I mean under 20, who have DEFINATELY caught my attention. The point Im trying to make is that its extremely important to know what you want from whatever kind of relationship you might find yourself involved in. If you just want fun and games, be honest and go for it. If you want more than a casual no-future kind of thing, then be more discriminatory in who you allow yourself to find interesting.
 bettyboop1979
Msg: 633
Posted: 2/4/2007 8:56:55 PM
well me personally i dont like the younger men either they are not mature enough...older women want older men ..men who know what they want in life who have a strong head on there shoulders..dont get me wrong sum women do like younger men but for boy toys not sayin all but sum women do coz they make them feel more younger,sexy alive, and vibrent...and once there spirits have been brung back up they leave them and move on to an older man coz they want to feel stable again....i suggest just keep looking and one of these days u will find an what u r lookin for
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 634
Posted: 2/4/2007 9:49:36 PM

Oh Champ... why don't you start your own forum based on the "other" issues you've told me about... there is so much more here than what you're letting on.

Why do you do this?

Oh so sorry for not being good enough to post my opinions regardless if they seem to be whining, redundant, stubborn, make no sense. I will make sure then I agree with all things and follow the leader on this topic.
Just because one gets so many dates and probably can date whoever she wants, does not mean a guy can do the same you know. Just some food for thought there.
Women hold all the power in dating, so if they feel younger is better, they will get what they want.
Men on the otherhand, we have to do the chasing, the impressing, the approaching, the acting and we have to accept rejection...
 oceanfront
Msg: 635
Posted: 2/7/2007 7:14:42 AM
We are! Or at least we want to. I guess its just the fact of what people will say and think about it. I also think we, the older woman feels insecure with a younger man - longterm - thinking that in 10 years he will want someone younger or closer to his age.

I thought it was a pickle
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >