Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cedar77
Msg: 550
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 22 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
msg. 551 .....That's very very unsual you broke the code and stuck up for a guy who is sticking up for other guy's ....that take's character...hat's off to you!
 sassymiss
Msg: 552
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:14:57 PM
Maybe older women have raised thier children and don't wish to have another kid to train.
Young people your age are more interested in partying and having a good time. They are not serious about a relationship. It seldom works out for a permament relationship.
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 553
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:24:33 PM
champ, i am going to try this only once. you are only 37 years old. you are far from "old". you are a good looking man. but, it seems you had someone dump you because you were not "up to standards in bed" (your words) . well, that was her. men and women who care about each other take time to "learn" each other, in bed as well as other places. haven't you heard the joke? as soon as a man or woman trains his/her mate, they up and leave them and the next person gets the benefits! well that's because for many, it takes a long time--particularly in the 30's (if my memory serves me).

you need to develop some humor or maybe the right woman will just pass you by and you won't even know it. and sure, i think the best is your own age and you are at the age where that is quite doable. so, unless there is more to this story, it makes no sense to be so angry at all women. or all older women. and if women or men are using each other, then it doesnt' matter what their age, just keep away from them and take care of yourself. people use others for power, sex, money, to fill in their own interim loneliness, etc.

or are you simply saying that the woman who gave you the hard time was an older woman? if so, i am sorry and i hope you get over it. the world is filled with good and bad women and men. as cedar implied above, there are more important issues in a relationship and a good part of that is intention. you need to develop the knack of understanding and sensing intention. it's an expression of the soul and it makes the generalities go away, once you get the knack of it. and as for getting older, i myself never even knew the problems that men faced until my last recent relationship. i have a lot of male friends and they tell me that what happened with my recent ex manfriend is not unique for our age group. it makes me quite sad actually. but when i was a younger woman, i had the same problems in my 20's as he does now. maybe it's like this to curb population growth, who knows? to forgive is not that the offender was right, it's just to "let go" and free up energy and space to live the rest of your life to it's utmost. and in the interim, to vent on pof!

namaste.

ps cedar, you restore my faith in "manity"!
 availablevirgo
Msg: 554
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:38:05 PM
Most older women probably wouldnt take you seriously
You may find some older women to share same life experiences..but
far and few between...as their lives must be at a stand still...I would
rather have a wise ol man(let him believe it anyway) who
knows what a woman REALLY needs....not trying to be cruel to younger
men....but I think older men are more apt to share the pleasure than
to just persue it....good luck in your journey
 tick tock
Msg: 555
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 12:14:34 AM
Oh my, raven...remember to use your 'inside voice' when writing in the forums, so people don't think you're yelling (*cough* being defensive *cough*).

Ah yes, a psych student. I loved taking sociology and psychology courses to pad my stats when finishing my degree in my early 20's. You need to bury your nose in those textbooks to fully understand that even through your repeated denials, you are very obvious. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
 tick tock
Msg: 557
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 1:45:53 AM

the man has something to hide..methinks

I highly doubt you do much thinking at all.
 MAYBE, MAYBE NOT
Msg: 559
Posted: 1/26/2007 4:12:10 AM
Bedroomeyes4u, I'll bet their into you too. lol literally
 MAYBE, MAYBE NOT
Msg: 560
Posted: 1/26/2007 4:17:13 AM
Tanner you've obviously never been with me. Although I have been told that I am the exception to the rule, so please no snide remarks honey I say enjoy yourself whatever it is you want, except jailbait, that people should be hung for.
 gypsyloves1069
Msg: 561
Posted: 1/26/2007 3:19:38 PM
[CHAMP]
First I never judge anyone for what they do are how they do it,its not my place.I was married at 16 to a 25 yr old,we lived in a real rich area in L.A so no big house,I worked from day one of my marrage,I have three grown beautiful kids,we stayed married for 24 yrs,I have no regrets,he tought me alot,I get alot of emails from younger guys,never gone out with one,but I am corious,but I will never probably go out with one.I like a man who I can talk to who can talk to me,and knows what he is doing in the bedroom.All I want is a man that is funny and can make me laugh ,if he happens to be young I have alot of thinking to do.I dont like to hear people pass judgement on others.as long as there happy,know one is getting hurt then lets all be happy..smile k.ME
 rellik639
Msg: 562
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 4:59:18 PM
older women DO want younger men. they just won't admit to it right away. and yes i do hate that ****ing banana
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 563
Posted: 1/26/2007 8:37:17 PM

older ones spend alot of time, it seems, complaining about aches and pains......

Now this cracks me up. Can't wait until this woman hits her 40's and starts to complain to the young stud in bed that her lower back is killing her or that her arthritis is starting to bother her. Aches and pains only happen to guys LOL.

older women DO want younger men. they just won't admit to it right away.

I think these days they will admit it because if a woman told her girlfriends or co-workers she is dating a younger guy they all would be saying "You go girl, right on"
Now 20 years ago it would have been "That is disgusting" Total different time and era. These days women wear the pants in more relationships and know they hold the power as well.
Some women may feel it is morally wrong to date much younger, but I think for sure these days a large majority of women are not ashamed to admit they prefer to date young guys.
 tick tock
Msg: 564
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 8:44:00 PM
Now this cracks me up. Can't wait until this woman hits her 40's and starts to complain to the young stud in bed that her lower back is killing her or that her arthritis is starting to bother her. Aches and pains only happen to guys LOL.

or that she may require a hip replacement.

I think these days they will admit it because if a woman told her girlfriends or co-workers she is dating a younger guy they all would be saying "You go girl, right on"
Now 20 years ago it would have been "That is disgusting" Total different time and era. These days women wear the pants in more relationships and know they hold the power as well.
Some women may feel it is morally wrong to date much younger, but I think for sure these days a large majority of women are not ashamed to admit they prefer to date young guys.

So very true. The attitude towards older women dating younger men has completely changed from 20 years ago. Heck, I even remember when it was a big deal for a woman to date someone even a year younger.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 565
Posted: 1/26/2007 8:55:57 PM
these days more and more men have to pay the price for the past. Because men in the past screwed women around, left them for younger women, had affairs with younger women. So now that women have gathered the power and know they have it when it comes to dating. They have now stepped up and say "hey you guys got away with it for decades, now it is our turn"
Sad but true, all spite, and revenge. And we men cannot do anything about it really.
Women will more and more prefer younger men and I will bet that most men when they hit their late 40's/into their 50's, it gets even harder to date as most women even in their 50's won't date guys even remotely close to their age. Us guys look terrible in most of their eyes and why would and should a woman settle for her own age...when she can have what she desires. It is that curiosity of how exciting would it be to date a younger fun guy. And that entices many to say "Damn right I am" and with it being considered "socially acceptable" or "mainstream" you will see as the years go on, more women will be preferring younger. And I will bet if their better half disappoints them, they too will do what the men in the past did...have affairs with younger and leave for younger.
If it was ok for men 20 years ago, it is ok for women now.
And no this is not a slag or slam towards you women, just a fact and view is all.

Never will it be looked at in a good way if men date much younger...always men will be called a pig and pervert and be said he is only after her for sex, is just how our world is.
 tick tock
Msg: 566
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 9:03:55 PM
Well champ, you can look at it that way as you've presented some valid points. However, you must remember many of these women are in for some painful lessons as a large number of these younger men are not there to stay, but there to get laid. They will fulfill their 'Maggie May' fantasy until the morning sunlight streams throught the window. Also, if so many younger men are gravitating to these older women, then that means there should be an equal number of available younger women, shouldn't it?
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 567
Posted: 1/26/2007 9:04:54 PM
Well champ, you can look at it that way as you've presented some valid points. However, you must remember many of these women are in for some painful lessons as a large number of these younger men are not there to stay, but there to get laid. Also, if so many younger men are gravitating to these older women, then that means there will or should be an equal number of available younger women, shouldn't it?

Ahh see this is where so many do not see the other trend that is happening.
Today you have many women 35+ who will date men 10+ years younger, and more and more younger men are pursuing older women. Sure that makes many say that there must be alot of single younger women. But times have changed. As older women date younger men and it has become more acceptable than in the past, younger women are NOT dating older men like in the past. This is where you will have alot of single men say over 35, I use that as the average age of an older guy who is single, and I will bet that most men over 40 have been single for a very long time or will be.
So yes there may be an equal number of available younger women, but most of them will not date an older guy. Is just how the times have changed. 20 years ago or even 10 years ago, women dated older men, now that is a rare case and actually is frowned upon more.
My experience with this is, I was walking in the Eaton Centre here with a co-worker who is younger than me, she said to me "Why are some people looking at me and giving me dirty looks" and I told her "because you are with an older guy" and is true. Even if an older guy is talking to a younger woman, many deem that as wrong because the first thought is "He is a pig, she is too young for him"
 dawn1114
Msg: 568
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 9:25:31 PM
I'll say this once more, then I'm finished. I simply don't believe all the hype about the older-younger shift.

When I was young, in my 20s and 30s, I was mostly attracted to INDIVIDUAL men in their 30s, 40s and 50s. As I got older, I'm stayed attracted to INDIVIDUAL men in their 30s, 40s and 50s. Now, as I'm approaching 50, I'm still attracted to INDIVIDUAL men in their 30s, 40s, 50s and suddenly 60s.

I also know enough happy same-age, older-men/younger-women couples to know I'm not the only woman who feels this way. It is not the age. It is the person.

I should add, that as a young woman I actually defied my own natural preference, when, at 20, I met a man exactly my own age and we spent the next 25 years together. I loved him through every age, but it confirmed my opinion that, in general, men reach their prime in so many ways in their 30s and 40s. And I'm sure our 50s would have been wonderful, too, but death is such a cruel ****.
 lindy_3333
Msg: 569
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 9:43:00 PM
Well guess it all depends how much younger lol... Im 58.. no way in hades would I date a 19 yr old.. My GRANDSON is 17 lol...

Since my divorce at 54 I dated a guy for 6 months who was 32.. I dated slightly younger but wasn't for anything long term, of course. I had LOTS of fun.

Now I am looking for someone long term. (Actually sorta taking a break from dating, dating right now. My ex-husband of 25 years was 8 years younger. So I have no problem dating guys younger and actually prefer them. But, I dont want to go younger than 15 years my junior. So, to each their own as someone already said.

Happy fishing everyone!

Linda
 BeingJulia
Msg: 570
Posted: 1/26/2007 9:48:05 PM
I would tend to agree with Dawn.. I'm attracted to individual men.. after reading some of this thread I'm rather amused. Generalizations don't seem to get anyone anywhere. My experience is rather limited, as I've only been dating for less than 6 months, but at approaching 40, I haven't dated a man over 30 yet. It's just what has been happening...I'm not opposed to older men, I'm not opposed to younger men (obviously) I do find however, in my little corner of NH that many men over 35 tend to be stuck in some 80's time warp, both in wardrobe, lifestyle and thinking process. I love to be with someone who is still living and loving it.

As for a comment I read earlier about how we women who date younger men are percieved... I don't think it's really changed a whole lot.. I still get comments and looks, I don't talk about many of my dates as I am percieved as some strange person for enjoying the company of a like minded individual who happens to be quite younger than I. To each thier own.. and I will enjoy mine my way thank you.. regardless.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 571
Posted: 1/27/2007 7:17:32 AM
I think too that this now will make these young guys stay as amazing men even as they grow older. I mean you have to admit, complimenting these guys will make them be and feel great. Beats being bashed that is for sure.
Makes alot of us guys wish we could be the man for the women these days. Sometimes the truth does veer its weery head to us. And sometimes time passes us by and it is too late.
I will give alot of these guys credit, they sure know how to please women and keep them happy. Too bad I couldn't go back 10 years and learn a few things.
Keep up the good work guys, as you can see women of all ages adore you. Just do not end up screwing up like us and regretting it.
 gypsyloves1069
Msg: 572
Posted: 1/27/2007 9:21:52 AM
Hello, MR CHAMP......
Like I said I have gotten alot of emails on here from 19 to 27 yr olds,..I have wondered,but I am one that would think about it ,but not do it, when it comes down to it. men who are 38 and over I have not noticed some women saying that they ache are anything in the pain catagory, but when some women say drive,cant hold there own.The last guy I went out with was 49 looked like trace adkins and he was a great teacher.....I do want a man who knows what he is doing,I can do what I no ,and he can to...WOW......Thats what I have meant all along....So everyone enjoy have fun,older men are the best in oral,my fav, and I have not yet meet one that cant last,and they make sure you have the big O.So some of you women remember that.Im not here to judge you,you have your reasons..either way enjoy. to older men heartsneedsastart/patricia
 The lastresort
Msg: 573
Posted: 1/27/2007 12:18:27 PM
Okay 'champ' I'll go out and seek a younger guy who's about 10 years younger and get laid then I'll get back to you! How's that? Gotta find out what the hype is about! Hopefully I won't have to train him! I'm done here, got other threads that are more interesting than this!
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 574
Posted: 1/27/2007 12:34:48 PM
Hahaha^^^You won't have to train em..ask the majority who have dated or do date younger...they say are amazing in bed. Older men are not into it as much as the younger guys as these women do say.
I think every woman wants a younger guy, just some feel it is morally wrong and do still think they will be looked at in a bad way. Soon enough though it will be all the norm. Times are changin'
Gotta give credit to the guys, I know I could never match up to them. If I could I would be dating LOL.
 gypsyloves1069
Msg: 575
Posted: 1/27/2007 1:02:37 PM
HELLO...Mr Champ......Not all women want a younger guy,when I said I wonder I meant why,a sex thing..Now I have never even gone out with a man my own age older yes always,why they no what they are doing,and care about the women there with.I am going back to FL soon to visit my older guy.And he is hot and always treats me like a women,and makes sure I get the big O before he does.and stanama wow not to disrespect anyone I cant walk the next day.Next month he will be 50..Thats when I am visiting....All I have to say is if a women goes for younger,I hope she gets The big O has fun and enjoys,And if A man is going with younger and older have fun.and if am man is 40 or older there are women out there for you..have fun enjoy and be happy life is to short..PLEASE DONT BE SO ANGRY MR CHAMP PATRICIA
 METALLlC BLUE
Msg: 576
Posted: 1/27/2007 2:06:40 PM
I don't know, but about 10 older women in their 40's and 50's e-mailed me this week asking if I wanted to "Take them out." We all know what "take them out" really means. *wink wink*.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 578
Posted: 1/27/2007 2:56:45 PM
The funny thing is, older guys can be very immature and flakey and are also out only for sex -- and god can they be cheapskates, even if they HAVE money to spend! I myself prefer someone younger who isn't so jaded and used up (not so easy to find I fear). You're just not meeting the kind of women who might appreciate you. Thing is, are any of us meeting the kind of people who might appreciate us?

Very true. I never was jaded or bitter until I hit my 30's, and now into my late 30's and after experiencing enough bs, ya I am still somewhat bitter and jaded. I still have not been out for just sex, but in 2 years when I hit 40 I think I may change that and just be out for that, who knows. Went over 5 years without sex already so. Have not had a date since the summer. Also what woman these days appreicates a man her age? Just like what man appreciates a woman his age. Both just bicker about how each lacks this and that. Seems to be that way anyhow on these threads at least.
Then you have the guys saying older women have their shite together, and women saying younger men have their shite together.
It is interesting when a 40 something woman criticizes a man her age, but praises a guy much younger, what does a 42 yr old see in a 30 yr old guy that a 30 yr old woman does not see? Never could understand that. Or even a 49 yr old woman sees in a 34 yr old guy that a 34 yr old woman does not see? You have one complimenting and the other bashing. Very strange. And cheap? I have resorted to even paying for a trip for a woman if she would even just go on a date with me. That i would say may be cheap in some minds, but hey I think it is a fair deal.
Go on a date with me, I take you to Vegas. Anf then you can walk away and never talk to me again. At least i got a date and a weekend with someone.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >