Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SthrnButtrfly
Msg: 651
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 27 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
I myself am 43....I recently went out with a 35 yr old who was divorced w/kids altho he doesnt see his kids on a regular basis. His maturity level surprised me...most his friends were in their early 20s and altho we had alot in common all he wanted to do was show me how his new PS3 worked, the games, the computer hook ups to it, etc, etc. He wasnt into life situations and had no plans for his future. He told me the age difference bothered him.....I have gotten some emails from guys in their 20s and also had a 22 yr old ask me out over the holidays....I went to a mutual friends party with him and we had a good time but it was more on a friendship basis then anything...HONESTLY, its kinda hard to date someone that young since my son is 21....I prefer a man who is more mature and settled down, not so much into the party scene...so anyone less than 10 yrs younger than me is out of the picture. Bomber, find you one in their 30s or late 20's if you want older...any older than that its prob going to be an ego trip on both your parts.
 Charm1ngMuse
Msg: 652
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:38:45 AM
Ten years ago in my thirties, young 20 somethings were hounding me like there were no other women on earth. It was really quite amusing and great for my ego since I divorced at 30! I wouldn't consider a man under 30 now because our lifestyles would probably be very different. I also don't care for board shorts, surfer cuts and video games so I don't know what they would see in me besides an exceptionally great f***

Now in my forties, I love men in their 30s but if they haven't married yet, most will want to have children (I'm done with that!), or if divorced with children, those kiddies are very young (Don't want to change diapers or babysit). Men in their forties are awesome because their kids are grown, generally speaking, and they are experiencing a renaissance of sorts. I'd love to be their Venus!

I thought this was a pickle too until I clicked it the first time... It's all good as long as it's firm yet pliable...
 JaneyJaneyJane
Msg: 653
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2007 8:06:55 AM
This was posted a while ago so did you find yourself anyone older?You must be older now so it cant be so hard!I think people are people and I don't judge by age I could talk to a guy my age and he might be more immature than a 20yr old.I would talk and find out.
 Arugula
Msg: 654
Posted: 2/8/2007 8:10:39 AM
Pretty funny....a radio station here has people call in with stories in the AM Mon-Fri. There are always young guys who call in to tell how they were "cougared" the night before. Sort of gives you a different perspective on the whole "age doesn't matter" thing.
 Quist
Msg: 655
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:45:03 AM
Cause you have pimples!!!

Listen ..... maybe I'm old ..... maybe I'm tooooooooooooo conservative.

I have a friend that has a very young girlfriend and it occured to me .... WHY?

They fight all the time, they have nothing in common. He is ready to retire. She wants kids. He has kids her age!

It's just silly.

Ok he has a trophy, but he paid for it and pays daily.

Now if ya just want to get laid ..... OK .... but to be serious, not I'm not saying it can't happen. But for a women to be serious with a much young man ..... that's gotta be a rare thing indeed!
 deesgreeneyes67
Msg: 656
Posted: 2/8/2007 5:13:12 PM
no guys too much younger...tried that a few times , goals are just too diff.
nothing personal against the young hotties out there...lol
dee
 Sigi
Msg: 657
Posted: 2/8/2007 5:52:19 PM
I just prefer a man around my age...give and take...
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 658
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2007 2:10:01 PM
^^^Champ^^^

Might have a date with a 59 yr old on the weekend. Ya figured what is better going on a date with a 23 yr old and getting called a pervert or go on a date with someone who will be praised?

My mom is 61, and the women were all in their mid/late 50's who contacted me.
Now not knocking anyone for their age but it seems my luck may be with that age range? If so, sadly I would rather bow out of dating because then what is in store for me when I get to their age?

OMG...Champ...
Am I reading your post correctly???? Are you saying that you may have a DATE with a 59 year old for this weekend??? After you've been saying all of those negative comments on this thread remarking that dating anyone older than you was out of the question? ????

I am completed surprised by this...(shocked)! You've been disputing the older age thing since this thread began and now you want to date a 59 year old? Did someone hit you over the head? Well let me be the first to congratulate you!

Believe me, I don't find anythng wrong with it. You will have to let us know how your date went if you do have a date with her this weekend..after all these anti older age posts of yours, you owe us this much.. Have fun!!
 AidenJames
Msg: 659
Posted: 2/9/2007 2:12:42 PM
Your not wrong I know a woman that is 7 years older then me and we are going on a date =)
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 660
Posted: 2/9/2007 6:01:07 PM
Well Babydoll I say beggers can't be choosers right? And if all I can get is women that much older than me then I guess I may as well go for it regardless.
With my terrible streak of bad luck with women closer to my age, being the fact I am unfortunately not good enough for them, hey 59 and up I guess it is. Good for me too. After 8 years I may land someone LOL...
She said why not meet up and see what happens.
See I have always preferred someone closer to my age, I feel I have more in common and relate more to them. Women much older I just do not see the connection, but with men dating older so much I figured I may have a chance with someone that much older, and I may be right. So I guess it is time to date much older and join the rest of the guys.
Hey if younger wanted to date fine, but women alot younger do not seem to date older, so my only choice is much older.

Besides I think more women are happy I am going for much older and not for my age range or younger. No clue why but seems they are more for it. I guess datig someone my age is not what women want these days...no clue.
 Janet4now
Msg: 661
Posted: 2/9/2007 8:18:52 PM
^^^^champ... you want to date an older woman? go for it... but when you bring her home to your mother and they meet, become bingo partners and leave you in the dust, you'll be back here complaining again :)
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 662
Posted: 2/9/2007 8:21:15 PM
^^Right on..Under the B 9...Under the N 44...lol
You all kill me gotta love the sarcastic comments.
Oh well...she will more than likely cancel anyhow... Too bad we are not all perfect like Janet...then we would all be happy because we would be getting what we want...must be nice...
 Stonewolf_II
Msg: 663
Posted: 2/9/2007 9:33:04 PM
Yeah, that's why we're all on a web site for singles.

I think that Champ is just being like this because it gets him more attention here, than he gets in real life.
 The lastresort
Msg: 664
Posted: 2/10/2007 4:59:31 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think that Champ is just being like this because it gets him more attention here, than he gets in real life.

Pass the tissue please! Careful Stonewolf II, he'll come back and agree with you....it will never end!

'Champ' it's not easy to meet anyone anywhere, at least not for me, 'around' my age; life doesn't work that way....strange how that happens! So what if women and men are 5 to 10 years younger or older from each other. The point is that two people are getting along and having a good time.. Stop being a hard a$$ about the age issue and 'go with the flow' of LIFE! Life is too short to be worrying about this age nonsense or about YOU! It's all about YOU, YOU, YOU! What about the rest of us who are on this site seeking for our match? Do you hear us whining about it? No! We're here to have a good time meeting people and if the right one comes along, fantastic! OMG, my 9 yr old doesn't whine as much as you have..........get over it!
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 665
Posted: 2/10/2007 8:00:56 AM
Yes come on, I want ALL THE ATTENTION or we could be all so perfect like Last resort and Janet who figure they got it good...oh wait no they say 'Hey we are here to have fun and meet people" LOL
Load of bull...because when someone regardless that they may complain about it, is not into dating much older like me, and gives examples of why and prefers..oh wait there is that word that the ladies who have all the success in dating much younger guys says PREFERS...to stick around their own age but has no luck with it. Seems all those who have the fun and success of bashing men their age, complimenting the much younger guys and has success in dating them will come back and bash the guy who does not go along with them.
I must say LastResort you are the classiest woman on here. I love the bashing and shows you love doing that.
I havenever bashed you but I guess I should?
Oh but wait of course it is ok for you to bad mouth me I forgot. Please compliment me more..err..bash me more.
Hey why don't you GET OVER IT and realize the young guys want you for a piece of A S S and that is it..
One does not complain or whine when one gets what they want.
I know if i said all these piositive things now the amazing one would be bashing me once again.
So guys just complain and see if she does the same. Seems this one thinks she is soooo perfect and so great to step on us little people. Thanks for nothing. Shows what a kind person she really is. Sad too.
I figured hey getting a date with someone that much older was something to mention..how friggin dense of me...please continue with the stupid comments thanks

How did you know?
Oh ya you get all the attention on here and in real life so you love that major ego boost I forgot. Sorry I am not a ladies man bud...maybe someday I will be just as good as you dating older women and so that way I will be part of the "in" people who are doing this dating trend. Much appreciated
 CheTan17
Msg: 666
Posted: 2/10/2007 9:39:50 AM
Well Bomber this is for you:

I have to get in on this one!!! :

I'm a 'much older woman' on this site (maybe one of the oldest ), but I look good for my age and I just happen to like younger men. No younger than 56 though, because I have to put some limits here, but I've had them coming at me a lot younger. A lot of people think younger men want an older woman for sexual pleasure. It doesn't matter what age a man is, because that is usually what he is looking for anyway first. No offense.

I like younger men, because most men my age cannot keep up with me and I don't mean sexually, I mean with life itself, however, there are some exceptions to the rule. The problem I usually encounter is that some men in their 50s and younger still lack the maturity and commitment that is necessary in a May-December relationship. Notice I said SOME.

If a person is young, but mature in years and wants to have a relationship with someone older, or younger and can take the heat that they will no doubt get from their peers, then go for it. But, what I don't like is the double standard that has been out there for centuries. It has always been more acceptable for an older man to date a younger woman. When an older woman dates a younger man people say he is looking for a "Mother Figure", or a "Sugar Momma", or that she is looking for a "Boy Toy". A lot of times that is true, but that is not always the case.

So we should all respect each other and not be so judgmental of one another. No two people are alike and you are the only one who has to answer to Yahweh (God) for what you do in this life and the choices that you make.

So give Bomber a break. He could be 19 and way ahead of his years. And I like the thing. LOL:
 cbvictoria
Msg: 667
Posted: 2/10/2007 9:41:47 AM
They sure are nice to look at though :)
 Stonewolf_II
Msg: 668
Posted: 2/10/2007 9:45:14 AM
Hey, Champ, you complain that younger women don't want you, that older women don't want you, and you give the impression that you think you are settling for a date with a woman 20 yrs your senior. I hope for your sake she hasn't been reading this thread, or you probably won't get a second date with her.

You seem to be under the impression that anyone that doesn't go along with your line of bitterness must be having a full-to-the-brim-social-calendar life. This may shatter your illusions, but it isn't the case.

Some of us have tried to offer ideas and advice, but it turns out that if we're not agreeing with you, then apparently we're bashing you.

If you seem to have a problem in that you are not getting any dates, perhaps you should not blame all the younger women that won't date you, all the women your age that won't date you, and all the older women that won't date you, and take a good hard look at the common denominator, you.
 Wanderbird
Msg: 669
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:00:07 AM
There are many reasons, but here are a few:

1. They are insecure about younger women and their mate's attraction to them
2. Some believe younger men aren't attracted to them (and this is far from true -- I've met some wonderful older women that put younger ones to shame -- they make great friends, too!)
3. They do not find younger men appealing
4. They are self-conscious about the age difference
 deanne123
Msg: 670
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:02:05 AM
i don't know why your having problems with this one...thats all i'll date is younger guys..i'm 33 and i just broke up with a guy that is just now 22, we started dating when he was 19.. i think younger is better dont ask me why...just guess i roll that way..lol
 The lastresort
Msg: 671
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:42:42 AM
Oh but wait of course it is ok for you to bad mouth me I forgot. Please compliment me more..err..bash me more.
Hey why don't you GET OVER IT and realize the young guys want you for a piece of A S S and that is it..
One does not complain or whine when one gets what they want.

Where, in heavens name, did you read on any of my posts that I got what I wanted?

I mentioned that my dates were good dates, not that they got a piece of A S S! Are you now dyslexia? 'champ', accept the fact that everyone chooses who they want to date or be with. Take away your looks and what do you see? A bad attitude along with a desire for attention. I've always been told I look younger than my age but I don't 'flaunt' it....I love to be active and have fun, which goes back from when I was a child, and THAT is what keeps us old broads looking and feeling young. Am I to be punished for that! If it wasn't for your big mouth, I would have gone on a date with you! But I truly believe that you just want to be disliked and unhappy with yourself cause THAT makes you happy! There was one gentleman I truly fell in love with and was 5 yrs younger than I, but I believe he just couldn't commit to the 'relationship' or wasn't ready for one, and I eventually 'got over it' in a short period of time realizing it was his loss and that I prefer to enjoy whatever is left of my breathing life without regrets!

I hope your date with the 59 yr old lady goes well (unless she's reading all this and changes her mind), and just maybe you'll 'lighten up' a bit about all this. I am proud to be 46 yrs old and never lied about my age. I am proud of myself and yes, very very flattered that a younger man compliments me or wants to ask me out on a date. Everyone wants a piece of A S S eventually, including you! You seem to think we old gals give it to them all the time......

YAWN.... this is boring me......I have a party to attend to later, don't have time to sit in my rocker dwelling (or in your case whining) about petty things!

Cheramies
Msg: 672
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:44:41 AM
I do not have an age cut off, however, I am generally" not into younger guys". If while I am chatting, on-line or in person, I say to myself " self, he is young", I will be bored soon after that. My point is.... You don't really need to know the age of someone to determine who you're not in to.
 Epikblazn
Msg: 673
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2007 12:36:37 PM
True man, girls, well some, are immature this age 21 and under -.-, and the older women want older men who already are established in life and finances so they think,so my young self is left in between for now! It's life i guess.
 Arugula
Msg: 674
Posted: 2/10/2007 12:45:55 PM
After reading all of your posts regarding "older women" Champ, I feel like an old pervert for thinking you're actually hot. Damn...where's that walker..gotta try to get to the potty real quick here.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 675
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:04:44 PM
Damn, no date..she met someone last night offline and seemed to hit it off pretty good. We were to go out Sunday. Oh well c'est la vie. Life goes on.
And I like the comment

I hope your date with the 59 yr old lady goes well (unless she's reading all this and changes her mind), and just maybe you'll 'lighten up' a bit about all this.

Lighten up about it...in other words "Try it you will like it and realize it is not bad"

I guess for me I just do not see what the big attraction and connection is with older women/younger men. Because I have been naive and always preferred women closer to my age. Although the experience is, women closer to my age prefer younger, so it has been a rude awakening. The ones who do date closer to their age I cannot get because of not having the job, car, income they approave of. In the past year it has been an experience to hear lots of bashing towards men that are the same age as the woman.
Like I said in another post, you have women in their 50's saying men their age are boring,
Women in their 40's saying the samething
Women in their 30's saying the samething
But women in their 20's saying men their age are immature.
What is different is women in their 20's are not dating guys alot older anymore like in the past. Now it is the women's turn to date much younger when they get into their 30's and up.

By the way Lastresort, I would never date you if I had the chance. I doubt I would be good enough in my eyes.
And as for others saying I want attention...whatever, I could care less. It gets annoying when one gets alot of attention. All it is with me is I am outspoken and say my mind. Most times that is not liked by people and it annoys many as well.
My bad attitude is my fault for letting rejection get to me and so not wanting to take chances as much anymore. Might change in the coming years, might not.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???