Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 756
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 27 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)

Wow still women enjoy the "men my age look so old" put down comment. Unreal. And so women these days think we are old looking and they are all that?

I wouldn't say that this is based in reality. This site is not a typical sample group of the real world. There are plenty of men that look great for their age and they are out there in the real world meeting women of all age groups. Heck, I've seen plenty of examples in the city in which I live. Don't forget, the opinions being expressed on this site are those of mostly older women - 30 and older, usually divorced and with a couple of rugrats in tow.
 looking4u2345
Msg: 757
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 2/28/2007 10:07:27 AM
^^^ The above post is right. This site is not representative of a typical sample in the real world. I prefer men my age or older. It is just that young men make themselves more available on sites like these (I wonder why). So, perhaps that is why many of the women say they are interested. It might work for the emotionally immature.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 758
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:01:56 PM
Well I think it is becoming quite the norm to see this in reality. You see more older women at bars and enjoying the fun with the slew of younger men.
Many women in their 20's think a guy in his 30's is a pig if he is interested in her. But if a guy who is in his 20's shows an interest in a woman in her 40's say, she finds that awesome. Big double standard when the gender is revered for older/younger.
Women get older they are considered younger still, men get older they are considered old men regardless.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 759
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:06:18 PM
You SO need to drop that outlook, Champ! It's all about the individual.

If you are 39 hitting on a 21 yr. old...sure that's a bit much. But 35 & 28? no problem...

I'm dating a woman 11 years younger...& she asked me out. nobody has a problem w/ it at all.

'Bout time the ladies got some payback!

Besides...guess who those younger guys WON'T be dating while they are going out w/ older women? I'll leave it to you to do the math.....
 tick tock
Msg: 760
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:33:03 PM
Again champ, it's usually the same people that are in the bars. Try looking elsewhere. Where do you think the first place most people who are jaded and recently divorced gravitate towards? That's right. It's the bars. Easy targets that are in the "you go girl" mode. Anyhow, I don't know about TO, but Vancouver has many bars/nightclubs that are 25 and older where you see men in their 30's and 40's picking up younger women. I am starting to think that your problem stems from your outlook...so much so that you only look for the situations that justify your beliefs. I am the same age and have never had a problem attracting or meeting younger women.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 761
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:45:51 PM
See older women tend to go the bars more here. I have not hit the bar scene here since I was 29. Have gone out for the odd drinks with co-workers who were younger and I see the crowds here are mostly younger men, younger and older women. I felt really uncomfortable being the "oldest guy" in the bar a few times. I think the oldest woman was the baretender, she was 26.
 tick tock
Msg: 762
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:49:00 PM
^ You need to look around. I'm sure TO has more of a selection for older bars than Vancouver does...but do you really want to meet the type that flocks to the bars/nightclubs all the time? You might want to look elsewhere.
 looking4u2345
Msg: 763
Posted: 2/28/2007 1:24:00 PM
"But if a guy who is in his 20's shows an interest in a woman in her 40's say, she finds that awesome."

Not necessarily. That is why this thread is titled "Why are older women not into younger guys???" It is more likely a man would find that awesome. Again, it is not the majority. Besides, would you really want to date a woman who is in her 40's who is interested in men in their 20's anyways? It tells you a lot about her mentality.
 Nooralniil
Msg: 765
I am always shocked when...
Posted: 2/28/2007 1:40:10 PM
I am always shocked when young guys of 19 and 20 send me e-mail. I would never have had the nerve at the age to hit on someone older.

Why so I not respond (even if they are cute).
1. I am a teacher, I don't want anything even resembling a scandal.
2. I remember myself at that age and I have changed so so much, I barely recognize myself and the same person. I know a young guy would go through the same changes, become a different person.
3. I waited until I was older, "found myself" and was more developed as a person before getting married. I am looking for the same in a man, not a pre-formed partner.
4. I want a man with plenty of sexual experience with different partners, so when he settles down with me, he doesn't wonder what is out there or what he is missing. He has done it all, knows what I got, and is happy with it.
5. A man with sexual skill is nice too. That usually comes when a man is in a long-term relationship with a woman and she trains him on what to do. A young guy of 19 has never experienced that kind of relationship. Even if they were ina long relationship with a girl their age, young girls don't know either. That is the kind of thing you figure out and get comfortable with in your 20's an 30's. (young girls, when you argue this point, you only prove it. You don't know what you don't know)
6. There is no way for me to date a young boy and it DOESN'T turn into a mommy/son relationship. I would take care of him. I don't want to. I want a man to take care of me.
7. LAST - I want a well educated, good job having man. A 19 year old... this is just not possbile, not yet. You don't graduate college until at least 22 and then you need at least 5 years on the job to be stable enough for me.

I HOPE THAT COVERS IT ALL!
 looking4u2345
Msg: 767
Posted: 2/28/2007 2:13:38 PM
"The OP's experience tells him that "older" women (than him, 19) are not interested in him. It does not necessarily logically show that they or older women in general are not interested in "younger 'guys'"."

The thread is not titled..."why are older women not interested in me???" Again, the question is "Why are older women not into younger guys???" So, if the question is not specifically directed at the OP (i.e., "me"), then it follows logically that I gave my answer. Which is, he is right, the majority of women are not into younger guys. Many women are not into men in their 20s. I am not. But, your right that is a preference.

Maybe I should draw a Venn Digaram. However, I don't think the question requires that much analysis.
 psignosis
Msg: 769
Posted: 3/1/2007 5:46:19 AM
They are. But they are usually really ugly and old. Some women (particularly old ones) like the idea of a toyboy.

Also depends on how protective they are of their assets.

;)
 abstinent lady
Msg: 770
Posted: 3/1/2007 5:52:10 AM
well, thank God he's now 20 going on 21, hes no longer "young", and can legally drink
 Arugula
Msg: 773
Posted: 3/1/2007 6:37:51 AM
^^^Yep, I look my age. And I act my age. I see both of those things denied in profiles and immediately realize they're looking for someone much younger than their age. I think someone closer to their own age might make them face reality, and they're not up for that. I thought men said it more often, but I've noticed lots of women saying it as well. Genetically, I'm likely to live a very long time, but I'm going to look every wrinkle and sag my age when I'm finally dragged off stage kicking and screaming.
 flying_hi
Msg: 774
Posted: 3/1/2007 6:56:45 AM
basically young men dont know what they want and have nothing in common ..
Its all about sex..which isnt to great
 Annie74
Msg: 775
Posted: 3/1/2007 8:29:45 AM
well for it is because I am 32 years old, I have a daughter, I do not need to look after another kid right now, I do not have time to train a younger man,I want someone who has life skills under their belts and experiences elsewhere...
 aeromedic
Msg: 776
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 8:54:24 AM
Personally, I see just the opposite. I don't know how many women I've seen online who were very close to my age that are looking for nothing but younger men.
 jessica18in
Msg: 777
Posted: 3/1/2007 8:58:24 AM
I am 19 and would not date a 19 year old.... ive been dating since i was 13. i dated a `19 year old when i was 13 for 2and a half years... since then they have all been in their mid 20s...lol
 c_kingmyfuture
Msg: 778
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:01:52 AM
I believe some older women are into younger guys but that guy has to have a trait about how he carries himself. I know for me it was what my late wife wanted what I had to offer her and it was'nt just sex it was the fact I treated her like a women wants to be treated love care and the fact that she felt needed. We met when I was 24 and she was 33 and we were togethter for 12 yrs and married 6. So if your looking for an older woman because you think she might be desperate for sex than go find a real ugly woman who you know is desperate for sex. Sorry didn't mean for that to be mean but women want to be secure and loved not feel over-sexed and used.
 c_kingmyfuture
Msg: 779
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:08:41 AM
Besides think about what you want in life, at your age sex and beer and video games are you even thinking about growing up yet. keep in mind to that if she is much oler than you she will be showing her age alot more quickly than you will. And if that doesn't matter to you than think about what you can offer an older woman. Do you have a career yet?
 abstinent lady
Msg: 781
Posted: 3/1/2007 12:29:47 PM
yeah, nobody wants to be used, and yes sex does not equal love, duh.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 783
Posted: 3/1/2007 6:30:32 PM
I fiond it unreal how people use the Ashton and Demi comment for this type of topic. Do people now really use Hollywood as a role model in their lives these days? Scary if they really do want to use celebs as examples. Then I want someone like Paris Hilton who is loaded with money, parties all the time at the best places, and is sexy...a true role model of the perfect woman no?
 stephntx
Msg: 784
Posted: 3/1/2007 7:37:11 PM
It is just a preference with me or just my choice. The youngest I dated was 8 yrs younger than me and I wont do it again.
For some it works but for me.....uhh no
 Bekk68
Msg: 785
Posted: 3/1/2007 8:39:47 PM
I don't have a problem dating younger guys.... I prefer younger guys because I can train them.....LOL just kidding. All I can say is Keep trying or look me up
 HighonLif3
Msg: 786
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:41:10 PM
What if it's only a few years difference, say +- 2 to 3 years. A lot of women say that younger guys are immature and want older guys. By the same logic, the guy would think the girl is immature.
 thats_hot
Msg: 787
Posted: 3/1/2007 11:27:04 PM
Well First I'd have to say I prefer to talk to men who are intelligent and most I've met who are,are not young.Another thing I'm not a patient teacher so I'd have to say I prefer a man over a boy.When I say man I don't mean someone as old as my father but a couple of years older is fine with me.I'm very young at heart and guys who are alot older are not appealing to me anymore than a guy too young.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >