Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 love to cuddle
Msg: 740
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 29 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
in BC the drinking age is 19!!!!
There's nothing wrong with younger men, if you're not looking for a mate, just a good time. I promised my sons that I would only go out with guys that were at least as old as them! Seems to have worked. As I have grandchildren in their mid-teens, 19 just seems illegal or immoral or something. But, as a grandmother, 30's is still younger to me and 25 isn't all that bad either!!!!!
Oh, I don't hate the banana at all!!
 Gentle Aura
Msg: 741
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 2/25/2007 6:40:01 PM
My b/f is 4 years my junior. He's 31 and I'm 35. I vowed to date men max. 2 years younger than myself and in general I met men older than me. My experience with the older guys was pretty sad ... they had no clue what the hell they wanted in a relationship. Then along came my night in shining armour. Four years younger (I know it's not much) and is giving me everything I have ever wanted in a man and more!!! Age is just a number. If you are both walking along the same path in the same direction and have the same destination in mind why should age be a factor?
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 742
Posted: 2/25/2007 9:07:09 PM

they had no clue what the hell they wanted in a relationship.

Yep I agree..I wish I had a clue, LOL..thanks for making me realize this...glad that my grave is soon to be ready.
 fierynette
Msg: 743
Posted: 2/25/2007 10:20:44 PM
Hmmm well... first off never mind age, someone using "u" instead of "you" is an annoying habit that wouldn't get me past msn with most guys. I've known guys in their early 20s more mature than men I've known in their 30s so age CAN be just a number... but 19 IS awfully young. My son is almost 13, I couldn't date someone who's 19. (oh and I love the banana )
 wurl
Msg: 744
Posted: 2/27/2007 11:23:43 PM
as far as I know, women prefer younger men. Even the idea of men getting divorced for a younger woman is a myth. It's more commonly the reverse, older women with younger men.
 Thisgirledm
Msg: 745
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 2:07:02 AM
Boy, can I add to this, As I get older I"m finding that it's almost a nescessity to date younger men. I've never cared much about age as long as I liked the person, and often dated people five to ten years age difference up or down. I'm totally frustrated with men my own age, as a general rule, they are set in their ways, jaded, cynical, talk too much about sex and seldom able to live up to all the bragging. I've felt a little ashamed of late, dating guys 15 and 20 years my junior, I don't chase them, they seem to be set on an older woman so what the hey... why shouldn't it be me? I don't know that I'd marry someone so much younger but if we enjoy each other, why should I feel embarrassed to date anyone? They pay for the dates so I know they aren't after my money. Everyone comments about Ashton and Demi (15 yrs difference) but no one thinks Rod Stuart or others are terrible for marrying girls 25, 30 or even 40 years younger. I feel sorry for those girls, I'm sure the bedroom senario is dissapointing. I'd trade places with Demi anytime! Look on this site and see how many men 50 want to meet women 18 to 49. Almost all of the women 50 ask for a man 45(if they dare) to 60 or... Worse yet they ask for one 52 to ..... I agree that a lot of young men are imature, so are young women. There are 28 year old boys, then again there are 28 year old men....
 Thisgirledm
Msg: 746
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 2:17:55 AM
We are, just not the ones that act and dress like kids, a grown woman does not want to date a guy wearing a touque! We're embarrased by you wearing baggy pants and gangbanger clothes. If you want to date us, dress nicely like a gownup, behave as one, use the beautiful manners that your mom taught you and preferably make at least $80.000/yr.
 90schick
Msg: 747
Posted: 2/28/2007 3:13:16 AM
Ummmm, I'm into younger guys, not creepy young though. ha ha EW. :| I wouldn't want to date an older guy, tried that, didn't work. That was a 5 yr. difference and that's a lot for me. Or maybe my wanting to date a younger guy is because I feel old, :( which is not a good thing either.
 Doxylady
Msg: 748
Posted: 2/28/2007 3:39:57 AM
I date younger men all the time... mainly cuz I don't look my age and I am attracted to men that look on the younger side too. I have seen men in their late 40's that look 60 and men in their 50's that look young 40's. My last 2 dating experiences of any merit were with a 40 year old and a 52 year old (that told me he was 46) BTW.. I am 47.
 ajm357
Msg: 749
Posted: 2/28/2007 4:02:49 AM
I'll date whom ever I fit with. Just so happens the woman that caught my eye was 22: 14 yr differnce. Also I look younger then 36.
 lilfish
Msg: 750
Posted: 2/28/2007 4:36:28 AM
Well, I just don't know anymore. I came to this site a year ago i think looking for someone my ageor thereabouts. I have met quite a few men with the initial ones being closer to my age and i thought ooh how old they were i mean in thoughts and actions(old). I actually then met a very vibrant 52 yr old which got my hopes up for older men still having new ideas and life in them. The next bunch was 10 yrs younger than me and i seemed to fit into that crowd pretty good but none of them were into anything longer term. I dabbled in the 20 somethings( kind of awkward out for dinner), which my friends told me to give my head a shake if i was serious about long term and just had lots of fun with the sex thing. Then i gave my head a shake and started meeting 40 somethings again and got bored again. A friend told me yesterday that maybe the reason i was more comfortable with people about 12 years younger has something to do with my Chinese horoscope. Any ideas about that out there. I never understood when i saw someone say they wanted someone who knew what they wanted, now i do. Well i know what i want i want to be 10 yrs younger with someone even younger than that and have a perfect relationship, hehehhehehehe. Its not gonna happen, not sure whats next
 jewwlie
Msg: 751
Posted: 2/28/2007 4:53:51 AM
At my age I wouldn't date someone as young as you...but I adore dating youger men. They seem to be into doing outdoorsy, athletic, fun things...and they look good. My only problem with dating someone younger is looking at myself and wondering why they want to be with me instead of some young pretty girl.
 mtgemm
Msg: 752
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 5:09:30 AM
Most of my life I have always dated men younger than myself. Usually just a few years younger. Mainly because I have never looked my age.
One thing I have noticed recently, is that men my age, just look SO, SO OLD to me!!! I am no where near retiring and would be happy if I found a man my age who looks and feels younger, like myself!
I would never date someone 19 now, maybe when I was 21. And from what I remember, a kid that age is not sexually mature....they need to learn a lot!!

Heh, I think the banana it kinda cute!
 ReddCurrlz
Msg: 753
Posted: 2/28/2007 5:34:23 AM
I'm with you ^^^^. I don't look my age either and guys that are my age, look old. Maybe it's just that I look like I'm in my 30's so guys that are my age really do look their age. I just don't like that, personally. The way they act and carry themselves matter most to me. I'm not an outdoorsy person either, just a homebody who loves her kids and what life has to offer
 outburst969
Msg: 754
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 6:22:54 AM
well depends on how much older u are talking about. In my case, have had a young guy contact me, but.....seeing that my son was the same age as him, it just didn't seem right. Nothing personal at all, just sure my son would have had a few things to say about it, and none of it good, lol. But if its only like 5 years, then not sure what the problem is, except they probably have had a few bad experience with someone their own age or younger. Don't give up, there is someone out there for all of us.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 755
Posted: 2/28/2007 7:47:02 AM
Wow still women enjoy the "men my age look so old" put down comment. Unreal. And so women these days think we are old looking and they are all that? Crazy. I think I may need my rocking chair or my grave dug as quick as possible, 2 more years and I am 40!!! Now that is old huh ladies??
No wonder some of us guys do not even bother giving women our age the time of day...when we read and hear bashing comments like those, why would anyone bother? Younger seems to be better for you all.
 tick tock
Msg: 756
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 8:39:00 AM

Wow still women enjoy the "men my age look so old" put down comment. Unreal. And so women these days think we are old looking and they are all that?

I wouldn't say that this is based in reality. This site is not a typical sample group of the real world. There are plenty of men that look great for their age and they are out there in the real world meeting women of all age groups. Heck, I've seen plenty of examples in the city in which I live. Don't forget, the opinions being expressed on this site are those of mostly older women - 30 and older, usually divorced and with a couple of rugrats in tow.
 looking4u2345
Msg: 757
Posted: 2/28/2007 10:07:27 AM
^^^ The above post is right. This site is not representative of a typical sample in the real world. I prefer men my age or older. It is just that young men make themselves more available on sites like these (I wonder why). So, perhaps that is why many of the women say they are interested. It might work for the emotionally immature.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 758
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:01:56 PM
Well I think it is becoming quite the norm to see this in reality. You see more older women at bars and enjoying the fun with the slew of younger men.
Many women in their 20's think a guy in his 30's is a pig if he is interested in her. But if a guy who is in his 20's shows an interest in a woman in her 40's say, she finds that awesome. Big double standard when the gender is revered for older/younger.
Women get older they are considered younger still, men get older they are considered old men regardless.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 759
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:06:18 PM
You SO need to drop that outlook, Champ! It's all about the individual.

If you are 39 hitting on a 21 yr. old...sure that's a bit much. But 35 & 28? no problem...

I'm dating a woman 11 years younger...& she asked me out. nobody has a problem w/ it at all.

'Bout time the ladies got some payback!

Besides...guess who those younger guys WON'T be dating while they are going out w/ older women? I'll leave it to you to do the math.....
 tick tock
Msg: 760
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:33:03 PM
Again champ, it's usually the same people that are in the bars. Try looking elsewhere. Where do you think the first place most people who are jaded and recently divorced gravitate towards? That's right. It's the bars. Easy targets that are in the "you go girl" mode. Anyhow, I don't know about TO, but Vancouver has many bars/nightclubs that are 25 and older where you see men in their 30's and 40's picking up younger women. I am starting to think that your problem stems from your outlook...so much so that you only look for the situations that justify your beliefs. I am the same age and have never had a problem attracting or meeting younger women.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 761
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:45:51 PM
See older women tend to go the bars more here. I have not hit the bar scene here since I was 29. Have gone out for the odd drinks with co-workers who were younger and I see the crowds here are mostly younger men, younger and older women. I felt really uncomfortable being the "oldest guy" in the bar a few times. I think the oldest woman was the baretender, she was 26.
 tick tock
Msg: 762
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:49:00 PM
^ You need to look around. I'm sure TO has more of a selection for older bars than Vancouver does...but do you really want to meet the type that flocks to the bars/nightclubs all the time? You might want to look elsewhere.
 looking4u2345
Msg: 763
Posted: 2/28/2007 1:24:00 PM
"But if a guy who is in his 20's shows an interest in a woman in her 40's say, she finds that awesome."

Not necessarily. That is why this thread is titled "Why are older women not into younger guys???" It is more likely a man would find that awesome. Again, it is not the majority. Besides, would you really want to date a woman who is in her 40's who is interested in men in their 20's anyways? It tells you a lot about her mentality.
 Nooralniil
Msg: 765
I am always shocked when...
Posted: 2/28/2007 1:40:10 PM
I am always shocked when young guys of 19 and 20 send me e-mail. I would never have had the nerve at the age to hit on someone older.

Why so I not respond (even if they are cute).
1. I am a teacher, I don't want anything even resembling a scandal.
2. I remember myself at that age and I have changed so so much, I barely recognize myself and the same person. I know a young guy would go through the same changes, become a different person.
3. I waited until I was older, "found myself" and was more developed as a person before getting married. I am looking for the same in a man, not a pre-formed partner.
4. I want a man with plenty of sexual experience with different partners, so when he settles down with me, he doesn't wonder what is out there or what he is missing. He has done it all, knows what I got, and is happy with it.
5. A man with sexual skill is nice too. That usually comes when a man is in a long-term relationship with a woman and she trains him on what to do. A young guy of 19 has never experienced that kind of relationship. Even if they were ina long relationship with a girl their age, young girls don't know either. That is the kind of thing you figure out and get comfortable with in your 20's an 30's. (young girls, when you argue this point, you only prove it. You don't know what you don't know)
6. There is no way for me to date a young boy and it DOESN'T turn into a mommy/son relationship. I would take care of him. I don't want to. I want a man to take care of me.
7. LAST - I want a well educated, good job having man. A 19 year old... this is just not possbile, not yet. You don't graduate college until at least 22 and then you need at least 5 years on the job to be stable enough for me.

I HOPE THAT COVERS IT ALL!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >