Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 teri short for theresa
Msg: 701
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 29 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
too much DRAMA..lack of abilty in lots of lots of areas.....

1lonelymama
Msg: 702
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 2/21/2007 4:50:22 AM
i am a 45 yr. old woman and i date younger men. not 19 but i will date someone who is 28 yr. old or older. i cannot date a 21 yr. old it would be like going on a date with my 23yr. old son. ich. try fining a woman who is around 25 to 30. i am sure u will have more success. keep truckin' big guy. and i like the banana, i use him all the time
 wonderbrah
Msg: 703
Posted: 2/21/2007 5:15:11 AM
I have usually dated younger men mainly because i look younger than i am and because all the men my age group are into the 19-25 YR old "accessory g/friend."the one that looks good on their arm, serves little or no purpose but has all their mates saying " gee, where can i get one of them!!"
 wingedstar
Msg: 704
Posted: 2/21/2007 6:03:45 AM
ok the banana represents peanut butter jelly time. He's necessary even when we find him annoying. He's got that sometimes cute/ sometimes annoying thing going on.

AND

actually I prefer younger men and I will tell you why.

Most of the time I have been treated far better by younger men than older men or men my age, ESPECIALLY during first contact. Most older men or men my age are like "wanna do it? hee hee hee" during the first 10 min of talking to them. That annoys me. This is the MAIN reason.

My boyfriend is 27, I met him here and he makes me very happy. We enjoy each other's company immensely.

wingedstar
Msg: 705
Posted: 2/21/2007 6:13:55 AM
And wonderbrah - YES thank you

Oh and another perk of younger guys (which I am suprised on but so, so thankfull)

Most of them like a little extra padding on their women. They like a woman to have breasts and a big butt. Many of them have told me various reasons for this.

The younger guys (most) are going against the hollywood/television plastic ideal of a woman's body.

Bottom line is, most younger guys like my shape.

Guys my age often have some wierd hang ups about a girl having too big of a bottom and want someone that is shaped like a twig. It came from our era and they just don't let it go.

I have an hour glass figure and younger guys not only love it, they try to feed me for heaven's sake half the time.

But, oddly when I'm thin they are fine with that too.

My boyfriends brother seems to not even LIKE thin women he constantly says "give that girl a sandwich" when he sees one and he's a pretty good looking cat.

idk, there are just a lot of benefits to younger guys.
 Questamaya
Msg: 706
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2007 6:42:50 AM
It would depend on the guy. If this younger guy was confident, mature and new what he wanted in life, I would.
The majority of younger guys I've seen, have yet to gain those qualities. They don't stick around for long, beacuse they dont know what they want.
I once dated a younger guy, and he just wanted to be taken care of and be mothered.
That is not what I look for in a relationship.
Q
 CityGirl66
Msg: 707
Posted: 2/21/2007 7:25:34 AM
I got an e-mail from a perfectly sweet 20 year old the other day. The second I realized I was old enough to be his mother I lost interest.

'nuf said.
 tick tock
Msg: 708
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2007 5:38:25 AM

Most older men or men my age are like "wanna do it? hee hee hee" during the first 10 min of talking to them. That annoys me. This is the MAIN reason.

Yes...and the younger men just think it but lack the balls to say it.
 blu x
Msg: 709
Posted: 2/22/2007 7:01:04 AM
i am totally intersted in the younger bloke they seem to care more and be easier to talk too so hope is not all lost for young blokes out there looking for the older woman!!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 710
Posted: 2/22/2007 8:11:41 AM
Yes...and the younger men just think it but lack the balls to say it.

Which is good...we don't want to hear it. LOL If/when we want sex, we'll let them know. Less is more.
 tick tock
Msg: 711
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2007 8:22:46 AM

Which is good...we don't want to hear it. LOL If/when we want sex, we'll let them know. Less is more

Agreed. That's the great thing about older women... we all know that waiting period is substantially less.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 712
Posted: 2/22/2007 9:09:20 AM

Agreed. That's the great thing about older women... we all know that waiting period is substantially less.

That's true, the less you mention it, the less you wait for it.
 The lastresort
Msg: 713
Posted: 2/22/2007 11:58:49 AM

I would love to meet a nice woman with some meat on her bones. I love a woman with large breasts. In fact it is my biggest fetish. I am always looking for new adventures and excitement. Always looking forward to meeting new people. I am very adventurious and love being outdoors. I'd love to find someone who would be interested in sharing such activities with me.I have been a diabetic since 2001. in the beginning I was on just on pills but now i'm on pills and insulin.

Dude, did I miss a translation here about why older women are not into younger guys? Or is this an addy to your profile!????
 truckerlove
Msg: 714
Posted: 2/22/2007 12:16:13 PM
alot of older women i know of like the younger guy they like to feel that they still have that sex appeal and it makes them feel good about themselves again .
 Arugula
Msg: 715
Posted: 2/22/2007 12:20:14 PM
^^^Truckerlove...lol, you might not want to mention that to any older woman you're hoping to boff. I doubt they do it to make themselves feel better.

And BigBear???? You might want to add that meat lover testimonial requirement to your profile.
 whowantstoknowjoe
Msg: 716
Posted: 2/23/2007 1:41:57 AM
I'm curious why everyone seems to think all 19 year olds do is party...sure when I was 19 I went out for drinks everyonce and a whle but when you turn old enough to drink thats gonna happen anyways but the novelty wears off fast and its not like you turn 30 and magiclly stop doing everything you did in your 20s.. or because you had a kid when you were 20 you decide when your 40 that someone 1/2 your age is too young because theyre the same age as your kid and not because you knew at 20 you were too immature to have a kid when in reality there are plenty of 20 year olds that are more mature then some of the 40 year olds i've met....While I was 19 I was working 2 jobs to pay for college while I was in college, had already lived on my own for 2 years completely independant I barely had time to party....I know 40 year olds now that have difficulty taking care of themselves and maintaining a job...and I'm not saying this is always the case but if you were judging people based on age you might not meet someone that was worth meeting...REMEMBER THERE IS A REASON ITS ILLEGAL FOR EMPLOYERS TO ASK FOR YOUR AGE IN A JOB INTERVIEW

OP I think its because as you get older you seek consistancy and you'll find more of that with older people but you loose out on new ways of thinking and someone a little more spontanious most of the time. but you cant always have your cake and eat it too...
 judig45
Msg: 717
Posted: 2/24/2007 4:56:28 AM
Geez....I am getting a real kick out of comments like "I would date a 26 year old, but not a 19 year old, that would be just too weird". It seems to me that if you draw a definite line on who you will date, you might be missing your "soulmate" who is just outside the parameters you have set. (Yeah, laugh...like all 19 year olds understand the concept of soulmate). Just as age is only a number, so is maturity..I know some 60 somethings that act 12 and some very responsible 20 somethings.

I never dreamed that I would find someone as endearing as the person I am currently seeing. He is considerably younger than me..considerably.. and if I had set a limit on age, I never would have met him. He is smart, funny, has a strong work ethic (sometimes to the exclusion of "us" for days!), has his own company which he started in his twenties, flies half way across the country to surprise me for a weekend, is sensual beyond belief and is physically beautiful. (I know there has to be some flaw there somewhere, but I fail to see it....lol) We have to work at keeping our relationship workable and viable, but any couple where both partners truly care about the other has to do the same thing, or SHOULD do the same thing. And that has nothing to do with age. Will we last forever? I don't know, but I DO know that I don't regret knowing him and letting him into my life.

I could just as easily have limited myself to someone my own age to date and it might have worked. (I have dated someone from POF and he was remarkable too...and my age) Again, it has nothing to do with age....I'm not saying everyone should date someone younger and exclude people their same age....I AM saying stay openminded enough to know a good thing when you see it and go after it if it seems right for you....regardless of how old or young that good thing may be...so long as it is legal. Miracles happen every day...yours might just be 19.
 mar814
Msg: 718
Posted: 2/24/2007 5:29:53 AM
Because they want someone who already knows how. I think the banana is cute, but I really love this guy
 Arugula
Msg: 719
Posted: 2/24/2007 5:42:19 AM
Judig...if he's all that, then why do you still have an active profile up looking for someone? It's pretty easy to change it to Not Single/Not Looking.
 Jaminspoon
Msg: 720
Posted: 2/24/2007 5:52:16 AM
Yow, the gloves come off.
Maybe what Judig isn't saying, but her profile is implying, is that the key to dating us younger guys is to date as many of us at a time as adds up to your age itself?
 judig45
Msg: 721
Posted: 2/24/2007 12:10:24 PM
[if he's all that, then why do you still have an active profile up looking for someone? It's pretty easy to change it to Not Single/Not Looking.]

Arugula....this isn't the point of this thread....tsk, tsk...but I enjoy the forums and frankly didn't realize I hadn't changed my profile....look again...I have. Thanks for the reminder.

Jaminspoon..."It is wiser to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Stand in front of your mirror...I'm relatively sure you have one within arm's reach....and remind yourself of that at least once a day..maybe in your case, you better make it twice a day.
 Jaminspoon
Msg: 722
Posted: 2/24/2007 8:57:35 PM
"Nothing is more curious than the almost savage hostility that humor excites in those who lack it." -Saintsbury

..But maybe I'm inciting a lame quote war. I meant you no harm, Judig. Yeah I guess there is vanity in trying to be clever, but I didn't know one should be punished for it.
 stitchaka626
Msg: 723
Posted: 2/24/2007 9:10:41 PM
Wow there's a lot of women on here that think guys under 25 are still kids. I'm 24 and my last girl friend was 35. We dated for 1.5 years. We never had a problem with anything and she found me more mature then guys her age or older.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 724
Posted: 2/24/2007 9:15:01 PM
^^^ Trust me there are tons who want you young bucks. We are not good enough as most say. What I have done is started to be boring and no fun, go to bed early, have to follow what is being said about us older men. If I do not, then I would not be acting my age...and a man not acting his age is called being immature. Way past my bedtime
 Quist
Msg: 725
Posted: 2/24/2007 9:25:06 PM
God this thread is still going on????? ...LOL....

Please read and think:

Women do not get into a guy!

The guy gets into a women!

Think about it, it's not as shallow as it seams.

Just an old dog,

Quist
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???