Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MotleyGrrl
Msg: 231
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 3 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Luckily I have never gotten a MILF or Cougar comment, probably because I look younger than every guy I have ever dated =) So even though I might have a boyfriend who is 7yrs younger than me, no one can ever guess just by looking!

*Babydoll272*
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:11:30 PM
^^^FireandIce^^^

Just because a woman is older than you, that doesn't mean that she has "been there and done that". NOT!!!!. I have lived a pretty sheltered life and by no means been around the block. I do have the wisdom...(there's that word again)...behind me and wouldn't give that up for anyone or anything.

If a man is looking towards dating an older woman, that usually means he may not want any children in his life and is NOT looking for that type of a relationship. Now YOU are and that's ok...your preference... but NOT for everyone.

Why....... Can't women in their 40's, 50's or 60's..are they NOT able to travel the world?..come on..get real.

I'm into today's music...I don't dress like an older person..I've been mistaken for someone in my 30's and no where near the age that I'm at. Therefore, I must look young, dress young, because I think young and only a "number" is my age. But don't mistake that for stupidity or naivity.

If you prefer someone around your age...then find someone around your age...that's your preference. I can understand that you still may want children.

But the subject of this thread is still "Why are older women NOT into younger guys"? which you HAVE contributed to its detour and way off the starting subject.

JMO

Have a prosperous, safe and Happy 2007 to FireandIce, The Champ, to the rest of the wonderful people on this thread and all of you who are on this fun site.
 fwblooking
Msg: 240
Posted: 12/28/2006 12:46:52 PM
I hate to break your balls, Champ... and don't take this the wrong way, but attitude is everything. Well, attitude and a body like a Greek god. I have attitude, and every day I smoke the dog crap out of my soldiers with very hard morning PT. Bear in mind most of these kids are 18-20 years younger than me. I PT their asses until they either puke, cry, or pass out. You can beat them at their own game. I do... frequently and often. If after all the exercises and attitude adjustments work, and you can start pulling 19yr old girls away from their self-absorbed boyfriends, then you will be ready, my young padawan... but never settle for the pasture. The horses that end up in the pasture today, are the ones that wake up on the truck to the glue factory tomorrow.

RLTW

bucsgirl
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2006 4:10:03 PM
If anyone claims to have all older women figured out, you'd think they'd have a best-selling book or a talk show or both to prove their expertise.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2006 5:48:35 PM
"In the works for a book." I've got nine chapters done on mine...who's your literary agent?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 261
Posted: 12/30/2006 11:14:09 AM

The only problem with older gals for me is when their ex comes looking for me. That is the only thing I hate becuase older woman usually have some baggage in the form of an ex and that ex usually is one jelous mo fo when he sees his ex with a younger guy.

The ex thing does not discriminate to age. We've all got em, and most of em suck.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 3:53:41 PM
^^Champ^^

Are you still at it?? What have I been telling you? Didn't you hear anything I had to say to you?

(shaking head)...I guess you just like to complain and after all the time I spent trying to convince you differently..."Forget last Summer... Move On!!"
 bucsgirl
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 4:08:17 PM
I don't know about champ being bitter, maybe insecure?
This thread isn't about him, though, so can we try to steer it back on topic.
Usually the men who start these threads are just whining because they haven't been able to attract the women they want. So they have to label it "older women/younger men" if it's not that it's the other tired out redudant, height issue, weight issue....ad nauseum. Just have to find something to mask their insecurity because it couldn't just be THEM, now, could it?
 White_mask
Msg: 269
Posted: 12/30/2006 11:54:40 PM
well i too am a younger man and you know what, im not looking for a 40 year old woman. and i dont think the OP is either, its just that some of us young guys are actually mature. ive been at the get slammed play Xbox for hours on end. when i was 13, i have been drunk to the point of incoherence when i was 15. i went to the bar for the first time when i was 16. and I've lived on my own since 17. i dated a single mother and helped (a small part) in raising her son. so what now, ive done what everyone my age is just getting into, now i dont drink. i dont do drugs. because hell i've done them all. so now what? im 19 and ive had more life experiences than most 25 year olds i know, so how the hell could i be happy with someone whoz 19? how the hell can i do things with someone whoz never really done anything. so thats why there are some of us "young guys" looking for a older woman. so i defend the OP because im at the same door. so all you woman out there looking at us young guys and saying well hes to young and imature, well i got something for you. have you ever raised a kid? have you waken up 20 times a night to comfort an infant then go to work the next day to a job you hate because you have to feed your "family"? i didnt think so. so the next time you pass judgment on us "imature" young punks maybe think hey maybe this guy has seen and done somethings that i havent maybe he is a mature man. so yah im not to sure where im going with this except go OP kick ass and find that older girl.

and thats all i have to say about that.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2006 5:33:06 AM
^^^Champ^^^
Bucsgirl is right...this thread is NOT about you. The subject is as I've correct someone else in a previous post, "Why are older women NOT into younger guys?" and I think you misread the subject and think it says, "Why can't The Champ get any women?" Get off of YOU and get on to the subject the OP's started.

Start your own thread to get answers to your "wah wah" problems.

On subject: I WILL date men 38 and up, depending on their maturity level...so to answer your question OP...I AM into younger guys as well as guys around my age and WILL date younger guys if they can keep up to me intellectually and are financially independant.

Last day of 2006...HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! Stay safe and DON'T drink and drive. See you next year.
 NancyC123
Msg: 284
Posted: 12/31/2006 12:12:43 PM
Been there, done that --- it's called a fling. It suited the purpose for the time, but as far as having things in common (other than sex), we were worlds apart!

Sometimes it can work if both parties, despite their age difference, are really on the same page. That's a rarity, but when it happens, I'm sure it's amazing!
 PurpleCollie
Msg: 294
Posted: 1/1/2007 3:57:11 PM
Champ it still boils down to the initial chemistry and attitudes.
I'm in my 40's and dated a 30 yr old for a time. I thought he was older because of his maturity, attitude, and the way he treated me. he thought I was younger and close to his age. we were both surprised to find out how wrong we were -- by 15 years!
I've gone out with men in their 20's, but most are not into LTR and unfortunately, I'm not so good at rock-climbing anymore. hiking and biking and skiing is another story....

I long-term dated a 69 y.o. local guy -- didn't realize he was that age. We rode our bikes all over, and we had some awesome times. the breakup wasn't age but the usual communication issue and problems with self-centeredness and unrealistic expectations... (I thought age meant maturity and I was wrong.... )

I've had chemistry with all sorts of ages, but I haven't had a 19 yo ask me out. Came close one summer, but close isn't the same thing...

At this stage of my life I'd like a partner to share with in life, and age is totally irrelevant. Share the sunsets, share the travels, the meals, the pleasures, and hopefully halve the pain when that comes at you.
And remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

May we all find our match in 2007, no matter the age.
 lucilou
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2007 7:16:43 PM
Champ!!! I am older then I can date you since you are a lot younger than me? As they said, older women dates younger guys now a days. I dont know what you complaining, you are a young man, still a baby in my book lol
 lyin eyes
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2007 11:14:29 PM
i DONT ASK THEIR AGE i just dont like hhmmm older
 fancynan60
Msg: 307
Posted: 1/1/2007 11:27:37 PM
All you younger guys who think life is based around sex and a mama to babysit you.... If you think about your future and go to school ...instead of wasting your life getting drunk looking for cheap sex. In-excess drinking over time causes impotence. a good woman with a good head on her shoulders would like a good man with the same. You need to think about your prioritys.
Good luck!!
The Mature Woman
 misslovejoy
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:10:32 AM
because older females like a man to be a man and not a boy .....plus you cant talk to youngs they know it all ...... pmsl
 Sparklin
Msg: 309
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:24:21 AM
Except for one, all of my relationships have been with younger guys - younger as in 1 to 8 years ~ I draw the line when I would be ok with them dating my daughter - then it's a big YUCK!!! 36+ yes - 30 to 35 ?questionable - under 30 not on your life!
 Fifi47
Msg: 310
Posted: 1/2/2007 9:43:15 AM
I have usually dated men my age or maybe a few years younger or older. Maybe I should try dating younger men, since many of the men I have dated have not interested me for the long haul. Most have had a million jobs, no retirement, and pay so much child support they can barely scrape by. They have had several marriages, usually adopted exwife number 2's chidlren from her first marriage, and most say they had to file bankruptcy since they gave the women everything and they used and abused them. I am a teacher, and when they state that I make a lot of money the red flag alert sounds. Many men my age who have not been married want children, so they either marry younger women or women with children. A man in his 30s who has a career, does not want to have children and sees the advantages of meeting a stable, professional older woman might be just who I need to meet.
 lucilou
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2007 5:36:31 PM
Melodic?? maybe if you just shave your gotee, women will rate you higher. Your gotee pardon me, please dont get mad doesnt suit you, bet if you shaved it you will be a very good looking guy and take pictures with your smile on your face. Lets face it you are a cutie. Lucilou
 happyand free
Msg: 329
view profile
History
BALONEY I love younger men!
Posted: 1/4/2007 8:59:38 PM
Oh how can all these women post all these negative remarks about younger men? I'm 53 and my last boyfriend happened to be 37 and we did not get together because we wanted to experience the age difference.
We just had so much in common and got along so well. Most of the men I meet that are my age act like my parents! They listen to oldies and have this conservative outlook on life. I like TODAY'S music and am accepting of all lifestyles.
Someone in their 30's HAS experienced life. Iif you just get off your high horse and stop and LISTEN. It's not all about you, it's about listening to other people's stories and digesting what they're trying to say.
I've met so many wonderful people on this site from 21 to 59 and they are all equally fascinating and I wish each and every one of them the best that life has to offer (and they're willing to grab!)
Good luck!
 Mr Bain
Msg: 335
Posted: 1/5/2007 10:55:31 AM
I look older than I am, so you wouldn't believe how easy it is for me to fool an older woman.
 lucilou
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys - Reply to Initial question
Posted: 1/5/2007 2:50:34 PM
then i dont have a chance with younger man!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >