Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 youheartme
Msg: 899
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 31 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
Guys are immature! I wouldn't go more than a few years younger if any. I'd rather go for a guy older than me because I'd expect that he knows what he wants and how to please me. I'm too old to have to train someone too young for me.
 kuckee
Msg: 900
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 5/14/2007 5:13:01 PM
I dont' mean 19 years olds but men much Younger then I are attracted to Me.We both learned from each other.Last one stayed 7 years.We are still friends.I left because I was thinking "will he be here 10 years from now"?
 Breath of hope
Msg: 901
Posted: 5/14/2007 5:53:08 PM
Iv'e had a 29 year old making passes at me , its very flattering, but..... just flattering is all. I enjoy the company of a man closer to my age, we seem to share more of the same interests in life.
I don't think I could go through all the young kid talk, games, and such. Besides.... just thinking about all of it wears me out. I done been there years ago & now I need more maturity. Everyone have a good evening, chow for now.... Breath
 thebestforlast
Msg: 902
Posted: 5/23/2007 6:05:33 PM
it doesn't matter.
if he's sincere and a nice guy...i'd see him regardless of how old he is. its the man, not the number. simple as that.
 mich_mix02
Msg: 903
Posted: 5/31/2007 7:57:08 AM
THis is a weird question. Its not like buying booze where you need an age card...
 junipermoon
Msg: 904
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2007 8:18:11 AM
i get messages from men ranging in ages from 19-60.

i prefer the younger ones, if i decided to date.

with they younger ones, they haven't developed bad habits and aren't so set in their ways. i can train them and mold them into what i need/want. they're simply more malleable.
 snowflaker
Msg: 905
Posted: 5/31/2007 12:28:32 PM
Well, there are two kind of older women, one kind of older women like to enjoy "the moment"; and another kind of older women are focusing a commitment future. So it is not all "older women not into younger guys".

I assumed for the most older women, younger guys don't make them feel good about themselves, instead of making them feel old, indecent and insecure, expecially the men as young as their sons' ages.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 906
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2007 1:10:19 PM
I think it depends on the older woman. I have dated women much older than myself . Its not big deal . People have different prefences . I see some irony in here . Many of the older women that are against the younger guy cite that young men just want a roll in the hay , to put it delicately. These same older women have pics of their cleavage hanging out on or off a bed . In others some very sexual type of poses wearing as little as possible .
 kandid_reflections
Msg: 907
Posted: 5/31/2007 1:59:08 PM
I have a personal experience with this issue so I will throw in my 2 cents worth on this one.....most of us older gals have tried the younger men and found it to be great to a point. I even married a young man that was 10 years younger than me but it didnt last. It is kinda like I trained him then he decided to take his educational experience somewhere else. All it takes is one burn like that for most of us and we are done. Older women tend to already have children so the younger man gets along REAL GOOD witht the kids, problem is he cant help with setting an example or any forms of disapline as he is sitting right there with the kids. It becomes a joke...It is not funny. And lastly, I am older than you of course but my son is barely a year younger than you. Tell me if I am wrong but that is a little strange! Nothing personal but I prefer older more stable and mature over young and energetic...Great for one night stand but not comittment. You dont the experience yet. Give it 10 years then the 40 year old women will talk to you....Just my opinion of course. Thx for listening
 Sunshinee
Msg: 908
Posted: 6/9/2007 11:08:09 AM
They are carefree with less baggage and hangups and arent set in there ways and arent comming out of bad marriges so have no anger issues...makes for a fun date :)
 soldesire
Msg: 909
Posted: 6/10/2007 5:23:32 AM
For me I like to stay within about 5 yrs younger than me....no more than 3 yrs older. I seem to have more in common with younger guys.
 MB58SC
Msg: 910
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2007 5:24:53 AM
I'll date women 10 years younger, to 10 years older.
 Radioface
Msg: 911
Posted: 6/10/2007 6:26:41 AM
I understand that some younger guys like older girls because we know what we want. The trouble is most younger guys don't have a clue. Not trying to be offensive but you haven't done your time in this world and I'm not about to teach you. I don't want to mother someone I want to date them. I really couldn't see myself with someone more than 3 or 4 years shy of my age. On the same token you would have to be pretty young at heart to be more than five years older than me and spark my interest.

There are women out there if that's what you are looking for. Just keep looking.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 912
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2007 6:36:30 AM
To message 820 . WHY IS IT MORALLY WRONG ??? I do not see anything morally wrong for 2 people of different age groups that love each other in a love relationship that transcends time. In fact I think that the fact that they are open minded is MORALLY RIGHT. It can be beautiful for 2 people like that to get together in a beautiful loving relationship. If it is all just about sex , than so what. What 2 consenting adults do is their personally business as long as others are not getting hurt.
 Caper143
Msg: 913
Posted: 6/10/2007 6:53:31 AM
well...I can't say that I would date a 19 year old because I'm 34...but I will admit...I perfer men who are between 27-30....I have dated as young a guy as 25 and as old as 48....but I just have more in common and more fun with the 27-30 year olds. I'd tell you why but I have no idea...just the way it is at this time.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 914
Posted: 6/10/2007 6:56:15 AM
I'm not into dating younger men...but maybe I should rethink that...
 princej3822
Msg: 915
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2007 7:26:15 AM
Here go the double standards again. When a man dates a younger woman, everything is a ok, he is even the envy of most. Women, I think you should all do the same....date men younger than you and see him for what he is, forget the age differences...!!! Why is it acceptable for men to date much younger and women feel uncomfortable doing it? Besides, I've always seen people who were older acting like babies and younger people acting well more mature than their age. Accept people for what they are, age is a hangup you should overcome. Oh, i think these two make a good dance routine , don't you all?
 Radioface
Msg: 916
Posted: 6/10/2007 7:29:38 AM
It has nothing to do with comfort level for me. I don't want to date younger guys for the same reason they don't want to date girls their own age. They don't know what they want as a general rule.
 Eruditee
Msg: 918
Posted: 6/10/2007 7:40:44 AM
I like going out with young guys because they have a lot of energy and enjoy adventure. However, I stopped going out with young guys because they do not have the type of manners which men are expected to have in the types of places I frequent. This includes, opening doors whether it's in a car or to a restaurant and giving me your hand as I am getting out of the vehicle. If younger men had more polished manners, I'd still be dating them.
 allandr7
Msg: 919
Posted: 6/10/2007 10:47:49 AM
Speaking as an older woman far past your years, my reason for not wanting to date a guy 19 is cause I feel like a mother.....lol

Guy has to at least be near my age...its a mother thing I think....be blessed.
 vampire_darc
Msg: 920
Posted: 6/10/2007 11:00:49 AM
That's not true, because a woman 8 years older than me just asked me out a few months ago. First thing she asked was how old I was. She thought I was a bit older; we still went out though. I'm not sure if that was a compliment or an insult; I just hope people don't mistake me for 50 when I'm 30... LOL!
 allandr7
Msg: 921
Posted: 6/10/2007 1:51:37 PM
Honestly, I was talking about ME, I never mean for all older women, we are all different. lol, a young man would have to sweep me off me feet before I could think....cause thats how I am. I have a lot of men around me younger as I rent to tenants, I still would rather one at least 10 years near my age, if I dated someone younger. Of course you never know, we none can say; never...lol allandr7
 CountrySunshine56
Msg: 922
Posted: 6/10/2007 2:07:15 PM
Hun!!!! Let me tell you something.When i was 27,i dated a man,who was 21,we got married 2 years later.
His problem was,he was into himself, more than us.Not all younger men have hangups, infact some are more resaponceable than the older set.You just got to know what you want,and use tacked and you will make it.GoodLuck Hun!!!
 Fifi47
Msg: 923
Posted: 6/10/2007 3:11:04 PM
Sometimes I think that I should try to date younger men. Most of the men I meet my age (49) are basically all divorced with children who they seem to spoil rotten and an ex wife who according to them is the wicked witch who never liked sex. She has either gained weight and they left her (I am a voluptuous erotic woman so they obviously are not attracted to my body type), or she "found herself" or whatever and left them for a jerk, or they had affairs and she left them. A 35 year old professional man who is mature, has not been married and does not have children and who seeks a serious relationship might have more in common with me at this time than most men I meet who are my age.
 Mainegrad
Msg: 924
Posted: 6/10/2007 3:14:17 PM
It's not that I don't want to...hell, they are attractive, with great bodies. The trouble is, they are usually unclear on how to have a mature, mutually respectful relationship. They tend to play games, intentionally or not. RULED by hormones, rather than rational thought.

Generally, they are not financially secure or stable in their life yet.

Now that I think of it, even the older men I have dated act like this!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >