Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hiphop53
Msg: 850
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 33 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
Hey,Now lets not talk for all women! Ive been dating younger guys .So far 10yrs younger & if u like eachother,go for it!!! I do! Some women like men their own age or the guy might be the promblem. I have 2 daughters & ive yet had a younger guy ive dated try too hit on one of them and they are very pretty young women. My question is"why are younger guys into older women"?
 samidala
Msg: 852
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 5/11/2007 10:37:33 AM
I know I myself tend to be attracted to guys that are 2-5 years younger than myself.. Not sure why, I just find a better connection with them
 EC22
Msg: 853
Posted: 5/11/2007 10:39:15 PM
Not all older women with younger men are only dating them for sex. Some older women actually have more common interests. Why do many people on this thread think that it is rare or impossible for a woman to be compatible with a man who is 5-10 yrs younger than her.
 Kixxie
Msg: 854
Posted: 5/12/2007 5:25:29 AM
19? My youngest son is 19!!!!!!! OMG I'd feel like a pediphile!!!!!!
 bullielover62
Msg: 855
Posted: 5/12/2007 7:11:38 AM
The guys in their 20's and 30's that email me asking me out get this response:

I've already lived through those years and I barely made it out alive....

Why the hell would I wanna go through THAT again!? lol

mho
 llj42
Msg: 856
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 7:39:34 AM
Your mother is dating a man 65-70 and is having the time of her life??? WOW, OK !!!
you said 25 years her senior....that means older then her... Senior is older and jr. is younger.. I'm Sorry I can't go out with some that looks like he could be my father or someone that looks like he could be my son..It would be ok if he looked younger but not to young....and if you meant her Jr. Then he is a baby and he could change so fast and get tired of your mom and then all she is doing is wasting valueable time because she is not getting any younger...But to each their own!!!
 llj42
Msg: 857
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:20:17 AM
I don't think the last reply understood what he was repling to..He said he was a dating a 26 year old man...not as a friend and that it wasn't forever but it's for right now.. I'm sorry life is to short to be wasting time..We are not getting any younger..I would not have a problem dating someone younger. The question is how much younger... He would need to have had his fun already ( partying, hanging at the bar with his buddies and drinking a lot.) and have his live in order, a good job and someone muture and has at least some idea of what he wants out of life and then have fun with the person you are with.. So that could be as young as 25 but more so at around 30....
 Teebear1
Msg: 858
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:33:19 AM
Its a matter of experience and who is in your area. . I have had several older women ask to meet me. I met a few and have had very good luck. I still see 2 older ones steady. They dont ask for a comittment either, which is nice. I prefer women a little younger to a little older, but the older ones are there and willing believe me. It is a changing world.
 EC22
Msg: 859
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:55:27 AM

Not all older women with younger men are only dating them for sex. Some older women actually have more common interests. Why do many people on this thread think that it is rare or impossible for a woman to be compatible with a man who is 5-10 yrs younger than her.

I meant to write that "some older women actually have more common interests with younger men".
 amythyst26
Msg: 861
Posted: 5/12/2007 9:22:59 AM
I'm beginning to think I need to start dating younger guys... I've typically always dated older men and it seems that other people have jaded them so much most of them are not looking for serious relationships anymore.

Need to get them while they're young before some other women screws them up for life. lol.
 lookingforawiseheart.
Msg: 862
Posted: 5/12/2007 9:42:03 AM
I am 38yrs old. When I was 23, I dated an old man (42), because I lacked confidence and felt he was trustworthy, devoted and honestly - "the best I could do". But I grew up and in just a few years, I found him unattractive, and dull. Last year a young'n posted his 23yr old eyes on me. I was on course, away from home and easily could have had a fling, but.... I had some major walls....1. I had the past, 2. Dispite his giddyness, he felt "gay and hiding" to me and who wants to hold a soul up?, 3. What happens when you see my gorgeous child???, 4. He had no education yet potential, and no money, these matter when your middle aged, and providing house and home for what is ultimatly a child to you is NOT sexy,5. Friends and family- trust me people divide when they find oddity, age, sex, race, etc.... and why bring more flack into life?....HOWEVER, I did find his body amazing and taught (mine's not), I found him funloving, joyful, sweet (old men aren't) , he was everything a young girl would be looking for, and an older woman willing to be his mommy and lover. (=BLACHHH!) So, having chosen not to be a cougar in the past, I'de just like to say, look into why you think you are so 'mature', what you find attractive in older woman, and try to make choices based on what you want in life long term, and what pains and joys you want to give and get in this life. Best wishes for a long and happy life.
PS isent it really a green pickle and not a banana at all?!
 dpd22
Msg: 863
Posted: 5/12/2007 10:01:56 AM

Because most younger men are more immature. I dated someone who was 6 years younger than me for 5 years and there were times I just cringed at some of the things he did and said!

Do you think all younger men are immature because of 1 man you dated? Certainly many of them are immature, but there are many others that are mature for their age. That's like me saying that most white women, tall women, thin women etc are this because of 1 relationship or most older women are bitter, stubburn, and boring because of 1 relationship?
 yoga jan
Msg: 864
Posted: 5/12/2007 10:17:01 AM
I personally enjoy the company of younger men...I like their energy and enthusiasm. Interesting...most of my female friends are also younger and age is rarely discussed. Age differences are more relevant if you are looking to have children, are not willing to understand the physical and health changes that occur with age and do not understand that everyone has different social needs during certain times in their life.

I developed a wonderfully close on-line relationship with a young man who is 40 years younger than me. We had very similar interests and I loved mentoring him in his education and career. He remains someone with whom we both share a mutual bond. But, he needs to move on (and is) to developing a relationship that is more age appropriate and so do I. However, I am not guaranteeing that nothing will happen if and when we meet in person. He was that special to me, but every day reality sets in and life goes on for both of us.
 blue sunshine
Msg: 865
Posted: 5/12/2007 10:27:34 AM
Well, I posted way earlier in this thread..... and I had a theory about younger guys being like puppies....BUT, I tell ya what....I'm being proved wrong all the time! And so the theory changes....often these "younger" guys have fresher outlooks. While some truly are "old souls" (and that is something I find attractive) they're proving that age doesn't matter.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 866
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 10:43:56 AM
To msg #1:

Mate, the few consistent things that people bring up on this site that shows maturity is:
(1) Spelling:
For instance, writing "he's", not "hes",
And writing "immature", not "imature".
Shows you make the effort to use a spell checker, so you'll make an effort for them.

(2) Writing complete sentences:
For instance, writing "you", not "u",
And writing "I am sick of birds my age", not "Am sick of birds my age".
Shows you take enough time to write a complete sentence, so you'll take time with them.

(3) Talking about women with respect:
For instance, referring to them as "women", not "birds".
Shows you think of them as more than a sex object.

(4) Reading their profile and then talking to them about the info they put there. Not just emailing them without checking out what they're into, when you have the chance.
Shows you want more than just sex, and are willing to talk as well.

(5) Being yourself, and NOT trying to impress them with being pictures of your sex organ, your fantastic abs, stories of your conquests, how you're a brilliant cook, or how much money you spend on them. They've had all the show-offs. They want a man.

(6) Ask her for a coffee, not a drink. You get a woman a drink to get her drunk and into bed, not to get to know her.

You're plenty mature. But act like it.
Watch what the older guys do, that the guys you're age don't do. Ask them why. They'll love to tell you, because you are showing them respect. Then pick the few things that they do that you would like to do anyway.

Women want a man with a mature mind and a young body.
Do that and you'll be knocking them back with a stick.

And remember, most guys you're age is only into sex, so when you email or talk to them, start with, "I am sick of birds my age!! They're so immature! I want a conversation and a rapport, not just sex." It's a huge compliment to say you prefer a mature woman to a young woman, and it tells them that you want more than sex, and it's honest too.
 Hott Buttered Soul
Msg: 867
Posted: 5/12/2007 11:18:49 AM
excellent post scorpiomover.
 lookingforawiseheart.
Msg: 868
Posted: 5/12/2007 11:27:44 AM
No, it was an example of a point in your life when you LEARN something from your habits and events. I have worked in a job for 18 years, that is 94% men - and alot of them are younger (under 28) and very physically fit, confident, and outgoing. And there is more than one example of youngish interest - I just never was interested back before then, and, although the men, being young, sexy and charming, are also noteworthably with less income, childishly idealistic, and are still in the "I want..." stage of their lives - and thats a great time in your life, but I see cougars crying in the bathroom saying "he didn't call, I seen him with this little puff of a girl, his mother hates me, my children are wondering what happened, and boohooooohooo".
But being human also gives me the right to my opinion. Hee hee.
 Smart-Blonde
Msg: 869
Posted: 5/12/2007 11:41:40 AM
My finding is, generally the only reason a younger guy wants an older woman is for sex and someone to be the assertive one in a relationship.

I get approached by younger guys in public all the time. I ask their age and then tell them mine. Most think I am younger than I am. They say, oh age is only a number. Then I ask them a list of questions:

Have you experienced marriage, divorce?
Do you have kids?
Are you settled in a career?
Do you live alone or own your home?

Then I tell them, see, I have and have experienced all that and you haven't. You haven't experienced half the things in life that an older woman has. We want someone on all levels of life, not just someone who can keep up with us sexually. That usually shuts them up!

tanner
Msg: 870
Posted: 5/12/2007 11:59:57 AM
why is it more socially acceptable for old m@n to marry w0men decades younger than they are....but not the other way around....

it makes a whole lot more sense to have things the other way around. younger m@n and older w0men are more s@xually compatible.....
 EC22
Msg: 871
Posted: 5/12/2007 1:10:28 PM

My finding is, generally the only reason a younger guy wants an older woman is for sex and someone to be the assertive one in a relationship.

Not always true. Once again, some people are making generalizations based on a few experiences.

I get approached by younger guys in public all the time. I ask their age and then tell them mine. Most think I am younger than I am. They say, oh age is only a number. Then I ask them a list of questions:

Have you experienced marriage, divorce?
Do you have kids?
Are you settled in a career?
Do you live alone or own your home?

Then I tell them, see, I have and have experienced all that and you haven't. You haven't experienced half the things in life that an older woman has. We want someone on all levels of life, not just someone who can keep up with us sexually. That usually shuts them up!

Smart-Blonde,

You are 44. Suppose you meet a man that is between 30-35 and is interested in you. It is very possible that he has a career and owns his house. I don't see why having kids or being married/divorced is a factor. It simply means that he didn't meet the right person yet. ( apparently neither did the older woman if she is divorced ) It doesn't necessary mean that he doesn't have a lot of life experience because he was never married.
 ~Lost Angel~
Msg: 872
Posted: 5/12/2007 1:46:38 PM
It is all a matter of what the women can live with . . .

~only sex/one night thing: . . . I guess she can go as young as 18 and as old as he does not die on her.

~buddy arrangement: . . . Hey not a permanent thing . . . so same as above . . .

~LTR: . . . it is what she can live with . . . or THINKS that she can live with.

"Me" . . . I think about my children . . . oldest is 29-1/2 . . . soooooooo "ME" personally . . . WHAT can I LIVE and HANDLE mentally . . . 10 years older than my son. . . . . MEANING 5 yrs YOUNGER than me!!!

I cannot imagine in a LTR and my other half . . . being the same age as my children . . . geeeeeeeeeeeeeeze . . . no can do!!!

To each their own . . . .

OP: Best of luck,

sweetnluvly
Msg: 873
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 1:58:04 PM
Why??? 1) Been there.....Done that! 2) I have kids older than you! 3) Men who prefer much older women have a "Mommy" or "Grandma" complex & need a therapist to resolve their obsession much more than they need a date. 4) Zero compatibility on most every level.......Get it????
 KCLady
Msg: 874
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 2:38:56 PM
For me, I am NOT attracted to younger men because I have nothing at all in common with them. It's hard to have a conversation with a person in which every joke or comment has to be explained in depth ... and ends with "well you just had to be there I guess" LOL
 florenceding
Msg: 875
Posted: 5/12/2007 3:54:27 PM
I am 40 years old. I only date guys below age 25. Why? They are looking good, easy to talk to, happy, not bossy. If I can get young guys why would I go for older ones right?
 EC22
Msg: 876
Posted: 5/12/2007 5:17:45 PM

You are 44. Suppose you meet a man that is between 30-35 and is interested in you. It is very possible that he has a career and owns his house. I don't see why having kids or being married/divorced is a factor. It simply means that he didn't meet the right person yet. ( apparently neither did the older woman if she is divorced ) It doesn't necessary mean that he doesn't have a lot of life experience because he was never married.

A few more things to add to this. A 25 yr old woman could have 2 or 3 kids. Does that mean that she has more life experience than a 35 yr old man with no children? No. A younger man not having children could be an advantage. All other factors being equal. Some older women would prefer to date someone without kids over someone with 2 or 3 kids. No additional responsibility.

why is it more socially acceptable for old m@n to marry w0men decades younger than they are....but not the other way around

I agree. Younger men are stereotyped as "immature" and "only using the older women for sex". Some women think that "no women can be compatible with a younger man". These things aren't always true. Some younger women who date older men can be "golddiggers who only date him for his money, fame, and power" and some older men "use the younger women for a trophy wife"

One other point. The amount of the age difference is a also a factor. A 50 yr old woman with a 20 yr old man is much different than a 30 yr old man with a 40 yr old woman.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >