Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 manny541
Msg: 801
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 33 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
LOLOLOLOL...what a crock....Why do I see in here that women don't want a man in his 40's or older because he can't "do it" like a younger man can? then I see this about how men in their 40's and older that is all they want....That's a REAL LAFFER
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 802
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 3/23/2007 8:31:53 PM
You will read that women in their 30's saying men in their 30's can't keep up, is why they like guys in their 20's. Women in their 40's will say men in their 40's can't keep up, is why they like guys in their 30's, women in their 50's will say men in their 50's can't keep up, is why they like men in their 40's.
All contradicting and bs big time.
Don't forget the "Oh they are set in their ways" but remember women never are...or are allowed to be.
Weird how a woman in her 30's will say a guy her age is set in his ways and then women 40's say the samething about men their age and so on. What gives? I guess women are perfect is what it comes down to?
 Allritenow
Msg: 803
Posted: 3/23/2007 8:42:25 PM
Only for me because a 20-30 year old guy, as cute as they may be, is looking to have a family eventually. I have already had my kids and don't want to have more.

There are men in their 40's that rock, especially those who take care of themselves. I'd rather have a 40 year old man, with the experience that he's had, than a 20 year old who is still learning.

Finding that 40+ guy who is in shape, isn't a couch potato and is still energetic & fun has become harder & harder. Probably the same vice versa. If my only choice is to look at a younger guy I will.
 intrugedintuned
Msg: 804
Posted: 3/23/2007 9:04:39 PM
personaly yeah don't cear for the banana. what your doing wrong? you barking up the wrong tree. ok think about it this was a male friend in uniersity was sinterasted in a 30 year old, he was 26, althought thay would cook dinners for each othere, and go for drinks it was ovious that she was not interasted in him just him being interasted. when he asked another female in the same courses about it, she said that he was not the type of guy you date, hes the type you marrie when your in your 30's and wanting to settle down. fact is man older women ten to be more picky and sturben, as i find my self to be geting my self. will be 30 this year, and realy i can't see my self with a 26 year old. but its cause i live a diffent life style then most females at 26. there is allso experence, if a female is geting to emocheanl wit me, i tend to get anoied eventaly. it is not so much the age man, its the mantality, and it has nothing to do with how mantoure you are, it has to do with there experances, there past. so don't take it persionaly. you 19 right, don't be in a rush man. it moves to fast as it is. and every thing changes. just got to keep your head on stright, and be flexible with what is going on at the time.

or look at me i never look my age, there for i hardly find a female my age interasted in me, dame the last one that i know of was 23, not a chance. she had a lot of experence, and growth to do mentaly. or my longest relationship 3 years younger then me, keeped asking me out for a fue months, then stoped. but she only asked when we were out at a bar. two years latter things developed and she asked me why, i told her she was 18 when we meat, frist year collage. she need to experence that part of life, she need to devlope as a persion. it has little to do with who you are, but rather where you are. not finnachaly, but where you are in your heart and mind.
 BrownShugguh
Msg: 805
Posted: 3/24/2007 12:00:07 AM
Im wondering what it is you are looking for in that older woman. Is it the mother you dont have or wish you had? Is it financial security? Is it the fact that she will teach you a lot more than you know about sex so you can use that knowledge on "your friends closer to your own age",which will make you appear smarter or more manly? What exactly else could it be? Is it because you heard or have seen that older women "reward" their young lovers handsomely, or is it because they can buy alchohol? ...I cant for the life of me fathom any other reason besides the ones here. I know if I were 19 again...these would ultimately be my only motives. And dont gimmie that crap about "in love with her mind"!! A 19 year old will NEVER understand or even CARE what an older woman is thinking or sayin!!! Hell!...they dont even listen to their own MOTHERS at that age!!!!... Im not being mean...Im keeping it real. Most older women see a young stud...and they run...unless they are just dirty old women!!
 Tigger59
Msg: 806
Posted: 3/24/2007 1:30:52 PM
The question is how MUCH older? ? I can certainly understand how most women would be reluctant to date anyone who is their son's age. I'll admit that I see loads of beautiful young 20 somethings around all the time and it makes me wish I was 20 years younger but I could never actually date one as young as my sons. That would just be too wierd and I'd feel like a pervert. I dated one girl who was 14 years younger and while we got along ok , I found that there was just too much of a gap there. For example our taste in music, she: Eminem and Snoop Dogg, me: Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin. You get my drift. I think the "Mrs. Robinson" fantasy is a staple of all young men's minds. I'll confess I was fortunate enough to experience it way back when I was 22. She was 46. I was very inexperienced until she came along. -sigh- those were the days. LOLOL But could I date a much younger woman? Maybe an 80 year old fart like Hugh Hefner can but I don't think it's for me. And apparently I'm not the only guy here who has found that many 40 something women will not date 40 something men. So what does a guy like me have to do? Start dating 50 something women?? Hmmmm..
 SimplyMichael
Msg: 807
Posted: 3/24/2007 1:41:21 PM
maybe they ARE into younger dudes... just not the sorts that when they aren't misspelling, they're ghetto spelling.
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 808
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2007 1:50:44 PM

The question is how MUCH older? ? I can certainly understand how most women would be reluctant to date anyone who is their son's age. I'll admit that I see loads of beautiful young 20 somethings around all the time and it makes me wish I was 20 years younger but I could never actually date one as young as my sons. That would just be too wierd

tigger59 precisely.... how much younger? I am nearly 39(three weeks time) No I wont date anyone under 30,highly unlikely under 35,I have it on my profile that I am not going to be a momma ...... I wan't a man not a boy... I do prefer older men,why? they have (most not all) had there time messing around and know how to treat a lady,simple as that.... yes I still get loads of messages from 19-29 year olds and some are beautiful,but no way to young for me.... MICK are listening?
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 809
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2007 3:43:42 AM
Dinky di I find your experience with older men fascinating . I date older women sometimes 20 or so yrs my senior if they are telling me the truth lol . Most of the older women tell me that older men are not into sex at all. You are stating the opposite. I am not doubting you because your experiences are uniquely yours . I just find it contrasting, at the very least, women I have dated and/or older women I have talked to .
 humancondition
Msg: 810
Posted: 3/25/2007 4:11:43 AM
May as well post on this encyclopedia of a thread :D Looks like the rest of the pof users have.

So ya like older women.Dont blame U a bit.Oldest woman Ive had a relationship with was 52.And yikes what a woman.I was like 30 at the time.Well couple of things.Wheres your pic ?Says right in the pof advisement.That people with pics.Get 10x the number of views.

I mean are U fugly bro ?If U are,are the older women your hitting on fugly ?I mean no brainer there.Your post seems to indicate.That your not a dummy.And have a sense of humor.And Im sure that everyone will agree.When women are laughing.Sometimes their panties fall off :D

But U chose the high road here 2.Its no doubt true.That younger guys.Dont have the life experience.Under their belts.And the same mentality.As femmes alot older than themselves.Your best bet.Is to try to be charming.Hope U can endear yourself.And then rock their world in the sack.To the point.That they are willing.To put up with all the other areas.Where your going to come up lacking.Compared to people in (or nearer) their own age group.

Not like anyone has to tell U.Womens brains function completely differently than mens.And the social stigma.And emotional shock.Of having sex etc.With someone the same age.As their children.Is obviously,going to freak them out to the idea.

Woman I mentioned.Has a son(now in the US army.)Who was like 1yr younger than I was.Was the sense of humor.That won her over.I kept her laughing until ( see above).
Guess theres something to be said.For the way to a womans heart.Is through her funny bone.Or through her fecking ribcage.Depending on the woman. :D

But ok theres another 5mins of my life I will never get back.Good luck and dont worry.When U hit my age.U will probally want to start chasing 20yr old femmes.
So it all equals out in the end.Ying/Yang.

And yes I hate that fecking banana.Its gayer than micheal jackson.Sucking on a teddy bear.LOL.Kill the fecking gay banana !!!

<== ==={{{
 tigerg
Msg: 811
Posted: 3/25/2007 5:08:09 AM

.oh back to thread- younger blokes are cool
 Fizzzy
Msg: 812
Posted: 3/25/2007 6:50:12 AM
I prefer the youngins =)
As long as they are legal...
 69cobra
Msg: 813
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2007 6:54:45 AM
You will understand what you are doing wrong....... in a few years!!

maryj_35215
Msg: 814
Posted: 3/25/2007 11:03:33 AM
Younger guys are fine with me, as long as they don't want me to be their mama. Don't know if I could date someone who is close to my son's age - just kind of creepy. But someone in his mid to late 20s or older - sure.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 815
Posted: 3/25/2007 9:25:15 PM
If someone told me when I was in my early/mid 20's that when I am in my late 30's, women cloer to my age will not be wanting me their age, I would have told them they do not know what they are talking about.
If someone had told me that the women who would be interested in me when I am in my late 30's will be women in their 50's I would have laughed.
Now I get rejected more by women in their 30's and 40's the past few years and I get contacted mostly by women old enough to be my mom. Now not knocking them, but for me, 50's is too old for me. And if that is all I can get to show an interest in me? I think I will never date again.
Just not interested in someone with that many years of life experience on me is all.
Again NOT putting them down, there are lots of men my age who like women alot older.
 diamondeyedangel
Msg: 816
Posted: 3/27/2007 11:02:05 PM
Guys tend to be more immature then girls; I've seen it time and time again. And, in response to the comment "Am sick of birds my age!!" I am 19 (going on 20) and I'm a mature, responsible adult... we're not all bad!
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 817
Posted: 3/27/2007 11:06:44 PM
Women in their 20's these days seem to stick with that age range of the 20's. And then the older women come along and you have a competition for these young studs it seems. Must be awesome to be a guy in his 20's these days.
 ms_sharalee
Msg: 818
Posted: 3/28/2007 1:38:49 AM
when you date little boys you get little boy problems!
 EaglesCry68
Msg: 819
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2007 5:35:01 AM
I am surprised that this thread is still going. **OP** asked his question almost 2 years ago! LOL!

Either way, it's a generalization. Some older women haven't a problem with younger men (Lucky me ).

Some do....To each their own, inevitably.

God Bless
Scott
 dndgirl1
Msg: 820
Posted: 3/28/2007 8:45:38 PM
That would probably be because we have children older than you. Moralistically just wrong.
 Silentitan
Msg: 821
Posted: 3/28/2007 9:36:11 PM
I'll be honest, I haven't read the entire thread. I mean, at 33 pages, how many people that came in late have. I skipped through a couple pages and noticed that it seemed to be mostly men in their 30's or 40's, women of all ages. Where's the young guys? You know, the ones that always have an opinion? Being 19 years old, and male, I figured I qualified to try and make up for this apparent no-show

Personally, I wouldn't want to date anyone older than 25, and no younger than 17. Some people will look at that and realize, yea, that's a big range when you think about it, because while I may only be 19, even I realize the amount a woman can mature even on a yearly basis from 17 to 25. What it comes down to is an indiviual assessment, because I can name a 17 year old more mature than any of your choice of 40 year olds and I can name a 25 year (or 2) that make tweens look mature.

As for myself, do I make any claims on being mature? If the occassion warrents it, sure, I can make you forget that I'm still experiencing life and instead have you thinking that I've lived out a lifetime worth of experiences. But hey, I'm 19, I'm enjoying the fact that if I want to let loose, I'm going to. I'd say with no thought to consequences, but unfortunetly those days are long gone.

Started to stray. Back to the dating side of things. What do I see in someone 5 or 6 years older than me? I couldn't care less about money or social status or job security. (I do care, don't get me wrong, it's just not top of my list. I don't want to be a bum for the rest of my life, I do have ambitions :P) I'm more about the simple pleasures. Someone who knows what they want from life, who's ready to be serious in a relationship instead of searching for what they like and don't like. Someone who's experienced the paradox that a real relationship can be, the pain and the joy, and knows that in the end it's better to have that special someone to share it with instead of 'spreading the love'. Someone who knows the difference between infatuation and the real deal. Someone who realize that it's not going to be all rainbows and puppy dogs, relationships take real work, time and energy, and lots of it. Someone who is beyond the point of "She did what? Where? With who? Why? Oh, this I've go to share with everyone." Maybe to everyone else that sounds like a load of bunk, but to me... that's the real deal, that's what I'm searching for and I'm not stopping til I find it.
 eb3267
Msg: 822
Posted: 4/7/2007 5:09:56 PM
Ok guys...

Here's what I think..

Guys in there late 30', 40's and older have been married, divorced and had that family, more then likely.. WHY are they now divorced ? Well cause some of them screwed around on the wife.. Now why would someone my age having been "screwed around on" want a man that may not have learned his lesson ? Not to mention that the ones my age, are not going through there "Mid life crisis" and want that 20 year old, not me..

I think that's why younger men are attractive.. I could be wrong, but that might be part of it.. I don't think it's the sex thing as much as people claim it is.. Most men no matter what age don't have a problem with sex and actually have a healthy sex life..

Like I said I might be wrong, but that's what I think..
 tmsred
Msg: 823
view profile
History
I am always shocked when...
Posted: 4/7/2007 6:17:55 PM
people are that naive. Nothing personal Nikos, but no matter how much you think or he says he's "been there and done that", the truth is the majority think with the wrong head sometimes. There are no guarantees in life that he will be faithful after he has supposedly "sewn his oats". That's a load of crap. Now in fairness to men, there are some that remain faithful but there are woman out there who do the same thing. E.G., teachers with young students who are stupid enough to get pregnant.

BUT I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO VOICE MY OPINION AS TO WHY OLDER WOMEN DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH YOUNGER MEN....EXCEPT IF IT'S SEXUAL. HEY, I'M A 51 YOUNG SPIRITED WOMAN. I DON'T LOOK MY AGE, ETC... ANYWAY, I RECENTLY WENT OUT WITH 2 MEN IN THEIR 30,S WHO WERE ESTABLISHED AND WELL GROUNDED. BOTTOM LINE...IT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE SOCIETY SAYS IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE. HOWEVER, IT'S ACCEPTABLE FOR A MAN GOING THROUGH HIS MENOPAUSE TO HAVE A 15 YEAR YOUNGER TROPHY. BUT AFTER DATING BOTH OF THEM, WE STARTED DISCUSSING MUSIC AND THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. THEY HEARD OF SOME MUSICIANS, BUT DIDN'T EXPERIENCE WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO LIVE IN THAT ERA.

IN CLOSING (AND TAKE NO OFFENSE IF YOU ARE AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE) MEN HAVE BRAINS THE SIZE OF A PEA. NOW REMEMBER, THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION...A 15 YEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A WOMAN AND A YOUNGER MAN IS A LOT DIFFERENT THAN A 15 YEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN. IT IS WHAT IT IS.
 tmsred
Msg: 824
view profile
History
I am always shocked when...
Posted: 4/7/2007 6:24:26 PM
EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND SEX. LET'S FACE IT, BEEN THERE AND DONE IT. INTIMACY TAKES ON SOOO MANY FACETS OF SEX. SEX IS A QUICKIE IN THE MORNING...THEN IT'S MAKING LOVE. AND MAKING LOVE COULD BE KISSING PASSIONATELY, TOUCHING ONE ANOTHER AND GETTING IN TOUCH WITH EACH OTHER'S NEEDS. NO ONE TAKES THE TIME TO DO THAT WHEN IT'S JUST SEX.
AND THAT'S MY OPINION.
 Ajaxwhat
Msg: 825
Posted: 4/7/2007 6:45:54 PM
I'm only 22, but I did date a guy who was almost 2 years younger than me last year. Ugh. Turned me right off...which is...shi**y because well, sometimes I can be immature and I seem to get along best now with guys who are 19/20 :(
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???