Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mystymorn
Msg: 877
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 34 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
I would feel like I am dating my son..please!!!!!...I would go out with a younger man that is like maybe in his late 30's but most likely they have to be at least 40 for my taste.....tell me something most guys that are 19 are in it for kicks and usually do not think about how to really please a woman sexually mentally or emotionally...you list the ways you would and just maybe you might find an older woman based on your answers...good luck in your endeavor
 Smart-Blonde
Msg: 878
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 5/12/2007 6:37:02 PM

Smart-Blonde,

You are 44. Suppose you meet a man that is between 30-35 and is interested in you

Actually ec22........ Most of the men I have had relationships are younger than me within 8yrs difference. I guess I should of stated what I consider much younger. But to go back to that, my last bf was 8yrs younger than me. He was married before, had a child and a steady job...... but he still lacked responsibility and stability in life that I have acquired. Which is why it didn't work out. So you are correct in the aspect that they can have that and still not work out.

I just find it difficult enough to find someone within your own age bracket to have the qualities, stability and experience that I already have to be compatible , let alone someone much younger.

As the other OPs have stated...... my oldest son is 16...... If I went for someone much younger, he would be, what 14 yrs or more younger than myself and only 14 years older than my son....... not even old enough to be he his dad unless he was a father at 14!!

But hey, I won't say it isn't flattering to be hit on by a younger guy who thinks you are younger and attractive to them. I always say thank you!!!!!!!
 elenna71
Msg: 879
Posted: 5/12/2007 6:50:53 PM
I wouldn't mind dating someone younger, but not too much younger than me.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 880
Posted: 5/12/2007 11:21:13 PM

I'm beginning to think I need to start dating younger guys... I've typically always dated older men and it seems that other people have jaded them so much most of them are not looking for serious relationships anymore.

Need to get them while they're young before some other women screws them up for life. lol.

I tell this to my women friends all the time. Dating for me is done at 38 because too many times I choose the wrong women to date or want to date. I am too jaded and bitter and the sad thing is by the time that subsides, about mid 40's, life is completely over. Is why I figure what is the point in dating now. Let all the young guys have the women and make us realize what we did wrong.
 shycindy67
Msg: 881
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2007 4:50:01 AM
I could go out with a guy up to about 10 or so years younger but I don't think I could handle 20 years younger. I'd think I'd feel too uncomfortable dating someone young enough to be my son.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 882
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2007 5:00:00 AM
Sweet and lovely you are very judgmental . I am attracted to much older women and I sure as hell do not need therapy. Just because you do not like men younger than you its not cool to judge others that are ok with age difference . I would never force myself onto a lady that is not interested in me regardless of age difference . In fact I hope everyone finds what they search for . The world would be a better place . The heart wants what the heart wants ... it does not mean that 'said' person needs a string of therapy sessions . BOTTOMLINE- If you prefer someone younger thats cool. If you prefer someone older thats cool. If you prefer someone about same age its cool. Its all good . Now lets stop judging others
 scorpiomover
Msg: 883
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2007 1:09:15 PM
Smart-Blonde, I haven't experienced all that, only just moved into my own place 6 months ago. Are you going to say that I shouldn't date you, or anyone that has experienced all that?

The stuff that I did experience, people in their 40s and 50s are only now experiencing.
Is that my fault? NO! I still have a lot to offer. At least, that's what the women I know tell me.

Should I go for a woman who has the life experience of career, marriage and kids that I have? If I go for a younger woman, people tell me that I'm not ready for that.

Everyone has something to offer. Don't knock someone just because they're different.
You might be missing out.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 884
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2007 1:15:52 PM
I don't trust that banana.
 goodsenseofhumor
Msg: 885
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2007 1:18:08 PM
You tell your Mom for me :WAY TO GO GIRL: I am 65 and thinking of dating a man 10 years younger and this just decided for me. One sexy momma to an other
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 886
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2007 1:20:17 PM
Exactly scorpion . We have many people judging others because of their preference of age . Unless person forced themselves on you in such a way that is deemed inappropriate you should not judge others . I do not like mushrooms so that does not mean that people that like mushrooms need therapeutic care . Lets be adults here and live and let live .
 journeyingsoul
Msg: 887
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2007 1:27:07 PM
I personally like someone who can/will articulate his point clearly, and not in text speak. Seems most kids that bring up this same subject express it the same way...
'wot, cuz I am not to old U don't think I am mature enuf 4 U well I am and if u come by my house and pick me up on account of i lost my license we can go and i can take you for a good time and you can then c we are not all unmature' I like older chicks they r HAWT and I dig'em and i just want to go out with some and show them im kewl, there kewl its all kewl'.
Ok, sorry, but the last two posts on this topic I saw were pretty poorly articulated. I don't speak for all older women but many of us would not even consider someone who wrote us a message that was written that way (that is a TAD exaggerated, but you get the point). It just makes the immaturity that much more glaring!
I for one just don't think I could be interested in someone way younger than me, and strangely enough, recently have had a 25 y/o and then a 29 y/o hit on me. It's flattering for sure, but I just don't find myself the least bit interested.
Wot can i say, i like em older, dood.
 PassionatelyLonely
Msg: 888
Posted: 5/13/2007 1:37:55 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting to be with an older woman.. My last Significant other was 37 I being 29. . I know I wouldnt date a 19 yr myself. I feel un easy talking to a 21 yr old... It does go boths ways to.. So far Ive met some of the best women around yes all older then I. What a lady desires she desires you can not change the fact.. Just keep searchin one will reply eventually..
 dare to be him
Msg: 889
Posted: 5/13/2007 1:37:55 PM
What exactly are you calling an "older woman"?
 PassionatelyLonely
Msg: 890
Posted: 5/13/2007 8:45:58 PM
any thing older then the age you currently are... say I am 29 so 30+
is consedered older.. nothing negative about it..
 amber_gold
Msg: 891
Posted: 5/13/2007 9:02:16 PM
IMHO..I think that the closer in age that two people are, the more that they will probably have in common. And also, there is much to be said for experience. Just as older women have more experience to draw upon, so do older men. And old age has taught us that haste makes waste so savour the experience.

My experience with a younger male was over and done almost before I could blink. So not something that I want to try again. And yes, that dancing banana is very annoying.
 amber_gold
Msg: 892
Posted: 5/13/2007 9:02:59 PM
IMHO..I think that the closer in age that two people are, the more that they will probably have in common. And also, there is much to be said for experience. Just as older women have more experience to draw upon, so do older men. And old age has taught us that haste makes waste so savour the experience.

My experience with a younger male was over and done almost before I could blink. So not something that I want to try again. And yes, that dancing banana is very annoying.
 PretiLady
Msg: 893
Posted: 5/13/2007 10:57:22 PM
Depends how much older you are talking about..I would date a younger man, but probably not younger then 35..My daughter is 25, so around her age would be kinda strange to me.
 tammy_d1
Msg: 895
Posted: 5/14/2007 7:54:42 AM
Age doesn't matter so much....but I do like the energy level!
 wildkitten
Msg: 896
Posted: 5/14/2007 8:30:34 AM
I am almost 38 and I was involved with a guy that was only 19 for 3 months...great for having the same drive..However not so great in alot of other areas. I want someone who is closer to my age because for one thing he and I out of bed had nothing in common. Most 19 year olds know nothing about paying bills and being responsible. They are barely out of high school. For the record my 19 year old lied about his age and I do think he is a sweet guy and I just happened to be lucky that he was mature in many ways. Or I may have figured it out sooner that he lied to me. As far as 19 being too young to drink. Its legal in most provinces in Canada at 18 or 19. It is much older in the states. All I do know is 19 is way too young for most women over the age of 25 because well there is so much growing you do as a person before 30. You probably don't see it now but when you are 30 and look back you will be oh ok i get it now... You have to give girls your age a chance. There are some out there that probably feel the same way you do towards the opposite sex.
 tick tock
Msg: 897
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2007 10:23:28 AM
^ That's just creepy...
 mystymorn
Msg: 898
Posted: 5/14/2007 4:56:07 PM
I would feel like im with my son...nope have to cut the boundery somewhere...it all depends on what your looking for..if your in it just for the wild sex then i guess young(as in the late 20's or older) would be good..I myself find that the older men I have been with have just as much drive and content me very fine thank you
 youheartme
Msg: 899
Posted: 5/14/2007 4:58:52 PM
Guys are immature! I wouldn't go more than a few years younger if any. I'd rather go for a guy older than me because I'd expect that he knows what he wants and how to please me. I'm too old to have to train someone too young for me.
 kuckee
Msg: 900
Posted: 5/14/2007 5:13:01 PM
I dont' mean 19 years olds but men much Younger then I are attracted to Me.We both learned from each other.Last one stayed 7 years.We are still friends.I left because I was thinking "will he be here 10 years from now"?
 Breath of hope
Msg: 901
Posted: 5/14/2007 5:53:08 PM
Iv'e had a 29 year old making passes at me , its very flattering, but..... just flattering is all. I enjoy the company of a man closer to my age, we seem to share more of the same interests in life.
I don't think I could go through all the young kid talk, games, and such. Besides.... just thinking about all of it wears me out. I done been there years ago & now I need more maturity. Everyone have a good evening, chow for now.... Breath
 thebestforlast
Msg: 902
Posted: 5/23/2007 6:05:33 PM
it doesn't matter.
if he's sincere and a nice guy...i'd see him regardless of how old he is. its the man, not the number. simple as that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >