Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 4 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
^^^Champ^^^
Bucsgirl is right...this thread is NOT about you. The subject is as I've correct someone else in a previous post, "Why are older women NOT into younger guys?" and I think you misread the subject and think it says, "Why can't The Champ get any women?" Get off of YOU and get on to the subject the OP's started.

Start your own thread to get answers to your "wah wah" problems.

On subject: I WILL date men 38 and up, depending on their maturity level...so to answer your question OP...I AM into younger guys as well as guys around my age and WILL date younger guys if they can keep up to me intellectually and are financially independant.

Last day of 2006...HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! Stay safe and DON'T drink and drive. See you next year.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 279
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 12/31/2006 7:27:49 AM
are we talkin a couple years younger or mary kay letourneau young?

I can handle a couple/few years younger but at this stage in my life (almost 30) I'm not really into a lot of the things that a 20/21 year old might be (clubs etc)
 NancyC123
Msg: 284
Posted: 12/31/2006 12:12:43 PM
Been there, done that --- it's called a fling. It suited the purpose for the time, but as far as having things in common (other than sex), we were worlds apart!

Sometimes it can work if both parties, despite their age difference, are really on the same page. That's a rarity, but when it happens, I'm sure it's amazing!
 PurpleCollie
Msg: 294
Posted: 1/1/2007 3:57:11 PM
Champ it still boils down to the initial chemistry and attitudes.
I'm in my 40's and dated a 30 yr old for a time. I thought he was older because of his maturity, attitude, and the way he treated me. he thought I was younger and close to his age. we were both surprised to find out how wrong we were -- by 15 years!
I've gone out with men in their 20's, but most are not into LTR and unfortunately, I'm not so good at rock-climbing anymore. hiking and biking and skiing is another story....

I long-term dated a 69 y.o. local guy -- didn't realize he was that age. We rode our bikes all over, and we had some awesome times. the breakup wasn't age but the usual communication issue and problems with self-centeredness and unrealistic expectations... (I thought age meant maturity and I was wrong.... )

I've had chemistry with all sorts of ages, but I haven't had a 19 yo ask me out. Came close one summer, but close isn't the same thing...

At this stage of my life I'd like a partner to share with in life, and age is totally irrelevant. Share the sunsets, share the travels, the meals, the pleasures, and hopefully halve the pain when that comes at you.
And remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

May we all find our match in 2007, no matter the age.
 lucilou
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2007 7:16:43 PM
Champ!!! I am older then I can date you since you are a lot younger than me? As they said, older women dates younger guys now a days. I dont know what you complaining, you are a young man, still a baby in my book lol
 lyin eyes
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2007 11:14:29 PM
i DONT ASK THEIR AGE i just dont like hhmmm older
 fancynan60
Msg: 307
Posted: 1/1/2007 11:27:37 PM
All you younger guys who think life is based around sex and a mama to babysit you.... If you think about your future and go to school ...instead of wasting your life getting drunk looking for cheap sex. In-excess drinking over time causes impotence. a good woman with a good head on her shoulders would like a good man with the same. You need to think about your prioritys.
Good luck!!
The Mature Woman
 misslovejoy
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:10:32 AM
because older females like a man to be a man and not a boy .....plus you cant talk to youngs they know it all ...... pmsl
 Sparklin
Msg: 309
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:24:21 AM
Except for one, all of my relationships have been with younger guys - younger as in 1 to 8 years ~ I draw the line when I would be ok with them dating my daughter - then it's a big YUCK!!! 36+ yes - 30 to 35 ?questionable - under 30 not on your life!
 Fifi47
Msg: 310
Posted: 1/2/2007 9:43:15 AM
I have usually dated men my age or maybe a few years younger or older. Maybe I should try dating younger men, since many of the men I have dated have not interested me for the long haul. Most have had a million jobs, no retirement, and pay so much child support they can barely scrape by. They have had several marriages, usually adopted exwife number 2's chidlren from her first marriage, and most say they had to file bankruptcy since they gave the women everything and they used and abused them. I am a teacher, and when they state that I make a lot of money the red flag alert sounds. Many men my age who have not been married want children, so they either marry younger women or women with children. A man in his 30s who has a career, does not want to have children and sees the advantages of meeting a stable, professional older woman might be just who I need to meet.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 314
Posted: 1/2/2007 10:19:14 AM

those same women have not noticed that these days younger women do not go for older men like maybe 10 years ago when those who were say in their 20's were dating men in their 30's.

I'm not sure where you live Champ, but there are still plenty of girls who date older, too. I'm 11 years older than my GF....she could date the other way if she chose, plenty of college studs in town!

Who cares? If the older ladies want to date younger men...go for it!

That just means there will be less available men around for their daughters to choose from.....
 Love to chat....
Msg: 319
Posted: 1/2/2007 5:00:08 PM
Some younger guys are fun to hang with and make great dates and are potentially relationship material - just as guys who are the same age or older...just keep trying to you get a yes....
 lucilou
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2007 5:36:31 PM
Melodic?? maybe if you just shave your gotee, women will rate you higher. Your gotee pardon me, please dont get mad doesnt suit you, bet if you shaved it you will be a very good looking guy and take pictures with your smile on your face. Lets face it you are a cutie. Lucilou
 happyand free
Msg: 329
view profile
History
BALONEY I love younger men!
Posted: 1/4/2007 8:59:38 PM
Oh how can all these women post all these negative remarks about younger men? I'm 53 and my last boyfriend happened to be 37 and we did not get together because we wanted to experience the age difference.
We just had so much in common and got along so well. Most of the men I meet that are my age act like my parents! They listen to oldies and have this conservative outlook on life. I like TODAY'S music and am accepting of all lifestyles.
Someone in their 30's HAS experienced life. Iif you just get off your high horse and stop and LISTEN. It's not all about you, it's about listening to other people's stories and digesting what they're trying to say.
I've met so many wonderful people on this site from 21 to 59 and they are all equally fascinating and I wish each and every one of them the best that life has to offer (and they're willing to grab!)
Good luck!
 nezzie
Msg: 330
Posted: 1/4/2007 10:22:09 PM
OK SO I HAD TO REPLY TO THIS ONE....

I AM 25 AND I ALWAYS WANTED TO DATE OLDER MEN... HENCE THEY ARE MATURE.. THEY ARE STABLE AND THEY DONT PLAY HIGH SCHOOL MIND GAMES.... 2 YEARS AGO I MET A BOY..LOL WELL HE WAS A BOY... HIGH CHOOL KID IS WHAT I THOUGHT.. BUT WHEN I WAS SAD HE WAS THERE TO MAKE ME SMILE.. WELL KNOWING HIM FOR 2 YEARS I HADNT TALKED TO HIM FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS I GOT A CALL FROM HIM... HE IS NOW A UNITED STATES MARINE... HE IS 18 WILL BE 19 IN FED.07 AND WE HAVE BEEN DATING FOR A MONTH NOW..... NOW I CAN HONESTLY SAY HE IS MORE MATURE THEN MOST GUYS AT MY AGE ( IM 25).. SO IT REALLY ALL DEPENDS ON A GUYS MATUREITY.. I FOUND ONE!!
GOOD LUCK
 Mr Bain
Msg: 335
Posted: 1/5/2007 10:55:31 AM
I look older than I am, so you wouldn't believe how easy it is for me to fool an older woman.
 lucilou
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys - Reply to Initial question
Posted: 1/5/2007 2:50:34 PM
then i dont have a chance with younger man!!!
 Senor Spode
Msg: 348
Posted: 1/6/2007 6:19:36 PM
It works both ways. There's definetely 'nothing' wrong with a woman dating a much younger man if he's at least 18. The same goes for an older man dating a much younger woman.

If a young man or young woman are around the age of 18-21, and they complain that a much older person was eyeing them, or hitting on them at a club or bar, they need to understand they're of 'legal' age. A 21 year old man or woman can't go into a bar where 'being hit upon' goes hand in hand with drinking, and expect a 60 or 70 year old to not approach them because they're supposed to 'discern' the age difference. If one is 18, they're open target so to speak.
 Senor Spode
Msg: 350
Posted: 1/6/2007 6:47:56 PM
If a woman in her say, 50's, made in her prerequisite that she wants no one over, say 30, that's entirely her business. If she pulls it off, no has anything to say about it!
 shyblondee
Msg: 353
Posted: 1/7/2007 8:23:59 AM
To be honest, if I were single I would not be looking for a much younger man. I prefer someone within about 5 years either way of my own age. I like being with someone who went to high school at the same time I did and shared similar life experiences growing up.

If I happened to meet someone younger or older that I clicked with, sure, I would go out with them. I am sure there are men who are younger and have a more mature outlook on life, just as there are older men with a youthful outlook. I try not to generalize on age, but again, I like being with someone relatively close to my age. Lucky for me, there are tons of men around my own age who absolutely ROCK!

Just speaking up for the men in their 30's (so far my favorite time of life!)
 eduhbuhl
Msg: 355
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2007 10:35:22 AM
"Why are older women not into younger guys"

Apparently you've never heard of Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher.
 cassiejay
Msg: 358
Posted: 1/7/2007 6:33:50 PM
Not all older women are not into youger guys...Between marriages I had a really nice thing going with a much younger man. I was 50 when we met..he was 36. He was a really nice man, divorced, and working hard to keep a relationship with his kids and to support them still, in every way. We saw each other off and on for 7 years, and the best part of it all was the sex. It had to end and it did, gracefully. We were on different rungs of the ladder and when he declared he was in love, it had to end. The age difference was really too much. Those 14 years matter a whole lot more as time goes on. I think that was a once in a lifetime thing for me, obviously. I want to meet someone to share the future with and he needs to be just a little closer to my own age, lol...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 360
Posted: 1/10/2007 4:16:25 AM
^^^ I agree. I thought the whole point of dating younger for women was fun, no pressure to settle down, great sex? Not love and commitment and all that. We can get that from men our age if we really want it.

Then again if the younger man is 37, that explains it. Men over 35 tend to be more serious about that type thing.
 TodaysSpecial911
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2007 8:54:47 AM
Ok here goes...im 54...i've been asked out by guys from lets say 19 to 35 on a continous basis.

I find a vast majority of younger men think they are doing the older woman a favour by asking them out. A lot of them think that older women are needy. So its a sure thing. They dont understand about relationships in general because they havent had enough experience. On countless occasions i have been asked ...but dont you want to be with a guy who can go all night long? My experience has told me that all night long really relates to the point that they think about it all day long and when the night comes they last all the way through until they are finished. Which is about 3 minutes from my recollection on a good day and on a bad day the numbers on the digital clock doesnt change before its over. That constitutes all night long in a lot of cases.

I have a 24 year old son and he has a lot of friends that are over all the time. No i dont see any of them, but i do note their behaviour. I perceive these guys as extended family like sons. I can't relate to them in any other way because i'm a mom.

Most 19 year olds cant afford to buy a 40 for themselves let alone one for the older woman..hahha...ya thats primo for sure.

Wanna go to the art gallery or a museum...forget it..they just did that on a field trip from school.

I am always flattered and appreciative that someone of any age takes the time to read my profile and has the grace to ask me out however i decline of course. I try to explain to them that a younger man for me is like 35. Plus i let them know that Pimp Daddy with the Caddy (my son) probably wouldnt appreciate me bringing home another sibling for him to deal with.

On a serious note...what if..what if you did go out with this 19 year old and your someone like me in they're 50s (and this does not interest me believe me) but you do fall for them and for a few months they are so cute and nice....and then of course they move on. Who wants to put themselves in a totally vulnerable situation of the heart with a frigging 19 year old. It doesnt make sense. Getting dumped by a 19 year old would be the epitomy of embarrassment. Cause we all know that when we are involved with someone who is age related how devastating a divorce or separation can be for some.

If your a mature younger man and you find younger girls are just not there yet...then show your maturity and make it your job to educate them by introducing to them what they might want instead of zeroing on on what you perceive as a sure thing because the line is classic....i like older women because they know what they want....ya right...they just know what they dont want. You may find younger women are not any different than older women.

Younger men like to live out their fantasies...which is what it is.

Just relax about older women and concentrate on age related people that you can share common interests with and enjoy some of the same things and learn new things together instead of having some old sage telling you like it is and probably treating you more like a kid than a significant other.
 shtork
Msg: 363
Posted: 1/10/2007 9:08:15 AM
Haha i was a toyboy once, She was 12 years older than me. I enjoyed it and had a fun time bringing up her son then she left me for someone younger lol. Anyway, we are still freinds and its her computer i'm using now as mine blew up and burnt half my house down. Wish i had insurance lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >