Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cookinggal111
Msg: 1069
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 41 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
look for someone that is your age..

Why does a man has to look for a woman his age? I'm not suggesting that a man should date a woman that is old enough to be mother, but I don't think there is anything wrong with a man who dates a woman who is about 10 yrs older than him. Personally I usually prefer younger men up to a certain point. I generally have the same interests and lifestyle with younger men. However I probably wouldn't date a man that is more than 15 yrs younger than me. Most likely I wouldn't have a lot in things in common with a man who is that much younger than me. A man who is 20+ yrs younger than me ( I'm 40 ) couldn't even legally drink.

I disagree with the women who stated that younger men are immature, have less life experience and are only looking for sex. Of course that applies to some younger men especially the ones younger than 25 yrs old. But there are plenty of other younger men ( late 20s and 30s ) who are intelligent, successful, mature, financially stable, have plenty of life experience etc. There are also men around my age ( I'm 40 ) or older that are immature and are only looking for sex.
 cncgandolf
Msg: 1070
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 11/25/2007 9:19:22 AM
"Experience is important in all aspects but a younger man with an older woman is no different than an older man with younger women. "

I agree with maturity being the guideline vs some chronological number. I've known plenty of people who had celebrated their 50th who have the maturity of a 12 year old. Not good relationship material at any age.

However, the difference between a winter/spring male vs female relationship is that if the young female wants children then the old guy can still potentially father a child - depending on his view of the amount of work fatherhood requires and willingness to step up to that. The older woman either might not be able to or might not want to when the younger man decides he does.

I've had 13 year differences in ages in relationships in both directions. Both cases the differences in our stages in our lives and what we wanted from life changed enough that the relationship couldn't last. These were both age related growing aparts. I'm cautious of men too close to my own age or much older than me cause I do tend to live a pretty young lifestyle ... I do act more like mid-40's and am not likely to change that any time soon. Besides, I know that I am likely to outlive anyone older than me, so I am more likely to look in my age and thinks/feels somewhat younger than my chronological age ... but not more than 8 years younger.

However, the 25 year old flirting with me did do wonders for my ego. grins.
 oldsoul
Msg: 1071
Posted: 11/25/2007 9:36:27 AM
My ex husband, with whom I was with for 20 years, was 6 years younger than me. The age factor was never an issue between the two of us, and we never gave it much thought.

And it just so happens that my last relationship was with a guy that was 12 years younger than I am...again, it just happened that way. I didn't specifically go out and seek someone younger, nor was he looking for an "older" woman just for the thrill of it. It just happened that way.

Age doesn't automatically equal maturity and compatibility. Yes it's nice to be close in numbers for many obvious reasons, but at the same time, it's not a deal breaker for me. It's just one of those things that one has to judge on an individual basis...if the fit seems like a good one, and it doesn't bother the two people involved, who cares about a number?

Love and peace to all:)

katemaynj
Msg: 1072
Posted: 11/25/2007 10:02:47 AM
to me age is not as important as interest. my last relationship was with a guy 16 yrs my junior. we had the same interest in family and activities and that has always been the biggest obsticle for me. as long as values and interest are the same then age does not matter. and i do find that younger guys tend to be into the same things as me more then older guys,who are so set in the ways.
 irish girl in mi
Msg: 1073
Posted: 11/25/2007 10:11:44 AM
because at 19 a boys body is not fully developed, he is not mentally mature and last but not least......because i am not a cougar...lol
 JazzFan333
Msg: 1074
Posted: 11/25/2007 3:04:53 PM
I can understand a 40 yr old woman or even a 30 yr old woman not wanting to date a 20 yr old man. A very large age difference or a moderate age difference at younger ages could cause problems in a relationship. However I think that is silly for a 40 yr old woman to reject a 30-35 yr old man that could be a good match for her just because of some false generalization about younger men. It is the same thing as rejecting all black men because of some false racial stereotype.
 tchofclas
Msg: 1075
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2007 8:35:49 PM
Bear with me, I've only made it to page 22 so far. Regarding the younger having to care for the older person when they are much older, my mother was 16 years younger than my dad, and she died first. He only lasted another 3 years without her, would have been 86 that year, (1988) One of our neighbors when I was growing up was 9 years older than her husband, he died in his 60's , she was 80 something when she passed away, and another very dear friend was also 9 years older than her husband, and survived him about 10 years. So age is no guarantee who will look after whom, or who will die first!
 maryblackdream
Msg: 1076
Posted: 11/25/2007 9:04:40 PM
HAY GUYS, IM A OLDER WOMAN AND I LOVE DATING YOUNGER MEN,THERE FUN AND ARE FUN TO BE AROUND . I CAN HANG WITH THE BEST OF THEM ,AGE IS BUT A NUMBER ONLY.SEE YA! MARY....
 maryblackdream
Msg: 1077
Posted: 11/25/2007 9:08:42 PM
HAY GUYS, IM A OLDER WOMAN AND I LOVE DATING YOUNGER MEN,THERE FUN AND ARE FUN TO BE AROUND . I CAN HANG WITH THE BEST OF THEM ,AGE IS BUT A NUMBER ONLY.SEE YA! MARY....
 Tonyrocks
Msg: 1078
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2007 9:10:38 PM
are you kiddin me?
 Julie3167
Msg: 1079
Posted: 11/27/2007 7:12:32 PM
............... KIDDIN? .......... is that suppose to be a pun related to YOUNGER ... ta-da, couldn't resist sorry ...

I think dating younger is a preferrence for some people { LIKE MOI'} but I've dated older men too.... the question should be .... Is one dating younger men/women in the hopes for a long term relationship? Ya know like something serious, exclusive?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 1080
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2007 7:29:14 PM
There is something IMO that transcends physical age...maturity. In my experiences interacting with other people, whether it's a romantic interest or not. The highest attraction factor if it can be phrased that way is someone being happy being who they are. Finding that balance...I'm happy with me, right now, whatever age I am, whatever I've experienced or not...that deep down satisfaction that defies age.

The twinkle in the eye, the smile that warms you inside...wow, life is great. Bumps, hurt, sadness, disappointments...they realize that's a part of it, but still the excitement burns within. They just enjoy living their life and being them. They wouldn't have it any different, wouldn't trade shoes with anyone else.

Their life is their gift and dang it, they're going to relish it, savor it and live it the fullest they can. Those are the people I love to meet and talk with, get to know. Their exuberance is contagious. Someone that's in love with life and enjoying like heck living their own.

Call it my mantra...but that's what I aspire to. Don't always succeed...but it's a healthy outlook, the best mindset. When I get bogged down, it's the rope that's there for me to grab onto and get back to being happy with what is, instead of groveling about what isn't.
 sandycheeks3
Msg: 1081
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2007 7:49:36 PM
Oh yea I want to sit around playing x box & drinking beer!

In response to message 3 : What's wrong with playing xbox and drinking beer?

Julie3167
Msg: 1082
Posted: 11/28/2007 3:53:13 AM
hell ....oops I mean heck {wait can we say hell in here} ....... talk about serious .....
ya know what I say is it all boils down to ........... GIRLS just wanna have fu'un ....GIRLS jus' wanna have fun ~!~ Ok and guys too .....

In the meanwhile when I find a serious guy and we both have mutual feelings then I'll be serious and GROW up ..
but for now ........ {stumped not sure what else to write way to early }
 tick tock
Msg: 1083
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2007 4:15:39 AM
WOW!! Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any dumber, you people just up and surprise me! Congrats!!
 Jai.
Msg: 1084
Posted: 11/28/2007 4:29:28 AM
ill admit as a younger guy .. i have a hard time finding what i want .. i mean i look towards older women because i find the ones my age are so caught up with there friendships drinking and bar lifes to actually settle down !! now im not looking for 30+ but i have been with someone who was 28 and had a 9 year old child !! i had one of the greatest lengthy times of my life !! things didnt work out but i will admit it was better than dating some 20 year old .. who's half ass drunk on my doorstep night after night !! .. and i have read that some of these women claim for men around 20 to be immature !! in a sense alot are but not all . i will speak for myself i hold a job well and have finished school i am also looking to pursue university and take lengthy courses .. that require alot of work while holding a job .. i have also lived on my own for 3 years now and i have a car fully paided off aswell as i have money for my fashions i do not drink and i refuse to allow myself to get caught up with the club/bar scene for the most part i find it boring and the same attractions week after week! .. so please before u call 20 year olds immature look at some of your own judgements please
 xmisshappy
Msg: 1085
Posted: 11/28/2007 6:33:04 AM
I wouldn't care about guys' age. Mind u, I probably wouldn't go on any dates with guys that are younger than 18. Some chicks just have different views on this
 ~~*PHANTASM*~~
Msg: 1086
Posted: 11/28/2007 6:39:11 AM
I have been reading some of this forum ... my thoughts and a quote from a very good source ... it is .... In life there are many common things , this being said .. there is one thing that can never be breached when it comes to dating younger than yourself be you female or male .... especially when you are older ...
"One can visit the world of the young , can play amoungst its inhabitants , and being older one can come and go as one pleases .. but !... they can never visit yours !!!!"... hense the reason most and I say most older women and men after time will wish to return to their world ... as we know we shall return alone for they can never visit ours ... lived experiences make for a very tall , high and solidly built wall ...
 kezo69
Msg: 1087
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2007 7:32:31 AM
nothing at all,esp when your older woman is going down MMMMMMMMM
 pauliana
Msg: 1088
Posted: 12/29/2007 1:07:53 PM
The reason why older women are not into younger guys is because , OLDER MEN HAVE MOST OF THE MONEY, AND GOOD JOBS. Bore me with another question! PAUL
 ~curlygirl~
Msg: 1090
Posted: 12/29/2007 1:26:09 PM
i'm 34 and prefer younger men...thus far the biggest age difference was a 19 year old when i was 33, tho that was a stretch for me. typically i go for guys from mid-twenties on up. lately my tendency has been much closer to my own age tho...guys around 30. i like younger men, and they seem to like me, the problem is older women are a fling or a phase for most of them, whereas i'm looking to date. i think that's the problem most older women encounter or fear encountering when they date younger.
 doubledareya
Msg: 1091
Posted: 12/29/2007 1:28:52 PM
its like this....
older women feel that younger men are interested in being "shown the ropes" so to speak...from someone that is "more experienced"...that way, he can impress the younger woman he is REALLY looking to settle down and have a life with.

just makes sense, don't ya think???
 redheadlady4
Msg: 1092
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2007 10:36:58 AM
Bomber...U probably arent doing anything wrong. I date youner guys ALL the time, but 19...well thats just too young, that kinda borders on..well ahhh nevermind..just wait awhile..maybe hit on a 25 yr old..
 oldsoul
Msg: 1093
Posted: 12/30/2007 10:42:45 AM
"Why are older women not into younger guys??? "

Some are...specially them ol' promiscuous chain smokin' ones ;)

icare500
Msg: 1094
Posted: 12/30/2007 10:47:17 AM
if yer into sex fine, go with younger, me, I happen to love sex, I just want MORE!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >