Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wayner001
Msg: 1275
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 44 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
" An old saying"

Money can't buy love but it sure can rent some First class affection
 Emillia-luv
Msg: 1276
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:44:33 AM
Ok I will try not to get to far into this, but I would say ONE of the reasons MAY have to do with competition with beautiful young woman such as myself. No disrespect to the ladies over 40, but they know in their hearts, many of them don't have it anymore to the extant that a young healthy female has it. They are at a different stage in their lives and unfortunately it is this stage that also MAY produce bitterness, because of the fact that they know they are not what they used to be among other similar reasons. Young guys somtimes are confused or just plain scared to face a strong independant beautiful and super sexy lady, especially the not so good looking guys like I mentioned elsewhere. Those kinds of guys I would imagine would run to an older lady out of desperation because they know they can't get none from an attractive young woman like me and other ladies. Most good looking youthful looking guys would not date an older women without having something else up their sleeve. But Any young handsome male who is honest will always tell you, that the young beautiful ladies with youth, beauty and intelligense all rapped up into one person, is the most desirable of them all.
 Fifi47
Msg: 1277
Posted: 7/22/2009 11:10:34 AM
Maybe some of the young handsome males like women who do not seem egotistical, and who know how to spell and use correct grammar. Some young men actually find older women beautiful and super sexy. Imagine that. Can't get none? We older ladies seem to have plenty of offers, maybe it is some of the young women who need to work on their attitudes and egos, then they might be getting more.
 Emillia-luv
Msg: 1278
Posted: 7/22/2009 2:18:22 PM
If you only knew!! It's not meant as an insult, I am telling you what I know and hear from many of these good looking hunks. They would never date an older lady (over 40) unless there was something special in it for them. It's time for you to just be cool with that, because thats just how it is hun.
 Fifi47
Msg: 1279
Posted: 7/22/2009 2:25:46 PM
I don't date men half my age, so I am not really concerned about being cool with that. I don't know any women who are 50 who would pick a 25 year old good looking hunk over a 50 year old average looking man, so these good looking hunks need to be cool with that.
 goldie_01
Msg: 1280
Posted: 7/22/2009 3:39:22 PM
Personally, I love younger men, and go out with them, but not for a while. If I get asked by another one I would the youngest I dated was 15 yrs. younger than me and OMG he rocked my world!! He was sweet and innocent but not for long, now I wonder what ever happened to him, he took everything I taught and hit the cruise ship scene!!
 jasmina
Msg: 1281
Posted: 7/22/2009 5:33:22 PM
Ok I will try not to get to far into this, but I would say ONE of the reasons MAY have to do with competition with beautiful young woman such as myself. No disrespect to the ladies over 40, but they know in their hearts, many of them don't have it anymore to the extant that a young healthy female has it. They are at a different stage in their lives and unfortunately it is this stage that also MAY produce bitterness, because of the fact that they know they are not what they used to be among other similar reasons. Young guys somtimes are confused or just plain scared to face a strong independant beautiful and super sexy lady, especially the not so good looking guys like I mentioned elsewhere. Those kinds of guys I would imagine would run to an older lady out of desperation because they know they can't get none from an attractive young woman like me and other ladies. Most good looking youthful looking guys would not date an older women without having something else up their sleeve. But Any young handsome male who is honest will always tell you, that the young beautiful ladies with youth, beauty and intelligense all rapped up into one person, is the most desirable of them all.

Well, talk about an ego! You sound like the bitter one. You have a lot to learn. I have dated mostly younger men. They were not desperate. They were looking for more than just sex. Many of them told me they found women their age very immature. They wanted a woman they could actually communicate with in a mature, adult way. It's not all about looks, and many older women are still beautiful. Let's see how your thinking on the subject is when you get older.
 M.O.N.A
Msg: 1282
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:51:57 PM
Op
I think a younger guy would be not be marked off my list >> providing
his maturity level .
A level ya only get from real life relationship or 'ships
experiences ... The guy must have procreated at least once or twice .
have a bit of intelligence ^^and a Job
Also >>>>>>is accountable for his actions and
responsibilities 'to children ... has moved on from old flame <
Having that under his belt
whats a ole gal got to lose ?
 BlueKnight777
Msg: 1283
Posted: 7/24/2009 2:48:08 PM
Who says older women are not into younger guys? I do! I've looked at thousands of profiles on here. I am 22 and I find women as old as 30 attractive. Keep in mind, I said 30. Not 50+. If they are the same age as my parents there's not a whole lot of attraction going on. What I have found, though, is that MOST of them are willing to date a man as much as 30 years OLDER than them, but will not date a man who is even one year YOUNGER than them, and even go so far as to completely block anyone younger than them on POF. Is this one of the unspoken "laws of society" perhaps? Dating a man three times your age is fine but dating one who is 5 months younger than you is taboo? Another concept that comes to mind is perhaps some of these ladies are -ahem- prospecting for a certain precious metal with the atomic symbol Au.

I am not your average "snot nosed little whipper-snapper" that all the 50+ ladies on here keep mentioning by the way

Going to hit the psychology textbook for more insight here...
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 1284
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:05:04 PM
Before I would have said I have no problem with age; provided there were things to talk about and the invite was stated gracefully.

But lately there have been so many overt propositions from under 25 year olds where they act like they are doing you a favor asking (like otherwise you are on a shelf not interacting with anybody), and saying the reason they are asking BECAUSE you are older.

The way it's stated it's like you are in some fantasy roleplay; not a person of interest they are interested in talking with.

I'm not a cougar; I don't want to be treated like one. If there isn't interest in me as a person, where my only value stated is my age and whatever "hotness" factor they say I supposedly have, well, thanks for the invite but no thanks. Especially with people my kids' ages... (one of whom asked me to hook him up with another person my age when I said thanks but no; so not only supposed to be a cougar now but a madam lol)

So to answer the question, the recent way younger guys who have approached me lately have given me a pretty rough taste in my mouth... though I know many are totally fine; interesting and opposite the over the top ones I've heard from.
 CJ0711
Msg: 1286
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 5:55:27 PM
Speaking from an "older" womens point of view... I dont think there is anything wrong with it! I am 46 the last guy I dated was ALOT younger then me. Have you not heard of us "cougers" and I found most older women think thats cool! My son however wanted to know if he would be his step-dad or step-brother lol Dont give up if you like "older" women..Go for it
 BlueKnight777
Msg: 1287
Posted: 7/25/2009 7:27:20 PM
Posted By: Aidyl1 on 7/25/2009 4:09:54 PM
4) At 19 you haven't even begun to experiance life or the limits within it, a mature woman wants someone that understands life and it's limits.

Attorney for defendant:

>>> OBJECTION. Non-sequitur.

Judge: Sustained.

(look it up......)
 MacKennon
Msg: 1288
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2009 1:50:45 PM
Ok scientist guy explain that one to me lol I am older women 54
 olympus9922
Msg: 1289
Posted: 8/1/2009 1:52:50 PM
I think the "cougar" phenomenon is mostly an American "thang". Having lived in both Europe and the United States, I can tell you that European women will rarely go out with much younger men.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 1290
Posted: 8/1/2009 2:16:03 PM
Well, if a 30-50 year old woman thinks that she's got a lot in common with a boy 10-20 years younger, then fine. However, since that is hardly ever the case, it becomes ridiculous. *Laugh* Isn't Madonna, 51, dating a 21 year old brat? I'll bet they have a LOT in common. ;)
 SeinfeldFan1
Msg: 1291
Posted: 8/1/2009 2:49:05 PM
So much to say, so little time...

Older guys have SO much more going for them. They know themselves. They are in their prime earning years so there's not that financial struggle. They know what they want. And last but not least...you youngins may think you have it going on sexually, but older guys are so much better at it!!! At my age, I don't want to have to do any major training in that area.

Plus, there's a comfort in knowing you've each shared some of the same life experiences by this time and so much can be left unsaid. There's an immediate understanding on some issues. Plus, if say, "exit, stage right" I don't have to explain that I'm talking about Snagglepuss!
 Fifi47
Msg: 1292
Posted: 8/1/2009 4:24:10 PM
I have met a lot of older men who are struggling financially due to paying child support for children that they sometimes had with 2 different women if they have been married more than one time. They sometimes lack dating skills, especially if they were married a long time and have been married one time. It's almost like they were in a time warp of 25 years if they got married at age 25 and divorced at age 50, they still act like a 25 year old in some ways and are looking for 25 year old women when they look their age or older. I have been surprised that so many men at age 50 or older still seem to value a woman's appearance as the most important thing about her, and they cannot seem to understand why some good looking women are not going to be attracted to them, as they don't have money or looks, and some good looking women can afford to be picky, as they attract many men of all ages. I try to be open minded about the ages of the men I date, and basically have dated men who ranged from age 40-65.
 soldiergirl99
Msg: 1293
Posted: 10/9/2009 12:39:49 PM
I have to say that I prefer men younger than myself and find men my own age or older boring and kinda on the crusty side. At one time it was the other way around until the only kind of guy I would attract were much younger than me. My last one was 27 and my ex husband was 34. As long as they are mature, I have no problem.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 1294
Posted: 10/9/2009 1:12:52 PM
Cougars have spoken. At least I prefer women at my own age and I don't even need bulls.hit excuses for saying so.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 1295
Posted: 10/10/2009 8:14:40 PM
I have no problem with dating a younger guy, but I don't want one who's half my age.

Younger guys generally have more stamina - older guys generally have more finesse.
There are plenty of exceptions.
 mysteryeyes
Msg: 1296
Posted: 10/11/2009 9:14:31 AM
this thread isnt true at all, Im almost 27 years old and my last 3-4 gf's have been over 35 each time, but than again Im not an ordinary 26 year old...

19 is alot different than 26 though you're still a kid..maybe try women 20-24
 english lass
Msg: 1297
Posted: 10/11/2009 9:42:44 AM
for myself, if the guy is around the age of my children (or father) i'd find that very offputting in terms of thinking of a romantic relationship...within 10 years either way (older or younger) seems to be something i'm most comfortable with - but there's gotta be a whole lot more than a mere 'age-connection'... and that's not necessarily dependent on age at all...
 startle
Msg: 1298
Posted: 10/11/2009 9:46:30 AM
first of all, you said go for a drink...that would not mean a drink in a bar..this would take a tremendous break from reality...anything is possible though...a date with a much younger man would feel uncomfortable for an older women...if she is attractive she gets alot of these requests so it is not unique...therefore, it would take alot of convincing...you would have to catch her in the right mood...good luck...
 RobertKoi
Msg: 1299
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:46:14 AM
If you feel comfortable about dating someone who has to refer to history books to know what life was like when you were his/her age, fine... At 32 I don't go more than -5 years and on the plus side it doesn't really matter as much since I consider myself old enough anyway. I've had friends and others ask me and I often say that when you've hit 30 her age doesn't really matter. It's a sort milestone in life, probably more than any other age. The difference between 20-30 is, and should be if everything's kind of normal "upstairs" - huge.
 startle
Msg: 1300
Posted: 10/22/2009 1:36:22 PM
i get dozens of younger guys asking me out everyday...i also have nice looking men my own age who want to know me...given a choice between the two...i would pick the older man because the package is more complete....however, a different plan is this...sex with the younger man...money from the older man..date the middle age man...my life is a work in progress....if a younger man catches me at the right time...he could be my..younger man...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >