Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gossipgirl_2010
Msg: 1229
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 47 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
depends on what you want to do... if you just want to sit around and do nothing then that would be a problem. but if you are out doorsy person such as u like walks in the beach & park or going to Robson Street or Downtown vancouver in general then that would be okay.
I myself, is an older woman who had gone out & been engaged with older men when i was younger now that i am older been going out with Younger men. So as I said it all depends on what you like to do on your spare time. I myself spend time playing with video games as well seeing I have younger brothers too but on a date find something more Productive. gettting drunk isn't something good to do on a first date either....
 hufnagel
Msg: 1230
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 9/4/2008 11:34:46 PM
I'm an older woman and all I date is younger men,I will not date older men they are never as cute as the young ones.
 jadegreen
Msg: 1231
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2008 11:43:49 PM
I just like someone that is at the same level or stage of the game as myself...
Also maybe some younger guys are "trying" to hard these days b/c is "trendy" to be with older ladies...just wait the trend will change and we will be "old ladies " again...
 boredwithpgh
Msg: 1232
Posted: 9/7/2008 10:18:01 AM
Well, I'm almost 30. I can tell you why I don't date younger men for a few reasons...
*Not much in common. Need to have something to talk about
*Most are not out of the party phase
*Especially @ 19..you are an adult.. though you are venturing into adulthood. Ten years ago.. things were so different!
*Men are more casual at 19.. When you're 10 years older or such.. not so much for a female.
If you just want to have fun.. different story.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 1235
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:41:52 PM
Q - Why are older women not into younger guys?

A - Because they are really annoying and ask alot of stupid questions.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 1236
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:58:37 PM

Q - Why are older women not into younger guys?

A - Because they are really annoying and ask alot of stupid questions.

I am amazed when asked out by young guys, it just seems weird to me and I have a son the OP's age. I am not wanting to be a future episode on Jerry Springer. I prefer men that know what they're doing, that have some maturity.
 WannaCStarz
Msg: 1237
Posted: 9/8/2008 3:08:53 AM
i had an Indian guy approach me at a festival and follow me and my kids all around simply because i had spoke to him when no one else WOULD!

maybe that is why. some people dont want so much the dating, but they want to know they are cared for as a human being.

No one could understand his language and didnt want to be bothered. I am a very caring person and my heart really felt for him as he struggled to get his message across.
I explained to him he needed to SLOW down and take his time to talk and people would very much hear him.
(oops. hard to drop the tail after that. ) lol

I think that kindness plays an important role in how we feel.

I think POF needs to weed out the older messages and/or let new ones be posted on the same topic because by the time you get to these OLD topics the OP is long gone~~~

ANYONE agree?? That after a couple years and the OP is gone that a new thread on said topic be allowed???
HAVE AN AWWWWSUM DAY!
 ~Lizzi~
Msg: 1238
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 11:21:10 AM
^^^^message 1229^^^^

Summer Lee, you are absolutely right!
 zestyvirginia
Msg: 1239
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 11:22:33 AM
Jobs{still working and brown nose and dinner parties etc etc Alarm clocks, kids, baggage, ex's """""list goes on and on,"""",,I want a retired older man , as I have done all this and do not want to do it again.So, I will pass on a younger man and all their baggage.
 fallsgirl31
Msg: 1240
Posted: 1/28/2009 2:27:06 PM
Actually,...I have always liked younger guys.
 RaiderMom
Msg: 1241
Posted: 1/28/2009 5:49:20 PM
A girlfriend of mine told me awhile back that this is the way she decides if a guy is too young to date:

"If you are young enough to have come out of my vagina... you are NOT getting into it now!!!"

And honestly other than eye candy and stamina, younger men have NOTHING to offer me.
 blonddolly
Msg: 1242
Posted: 3/2/2009 11:10:37 AM
I perfer younger men for several reasons...50 to 60....I seem to relate to them better,maybe because I raised 6 children??...Just kidding...LOL..I have never liked older men ,not even when I was young...I would never consider anyone younger than 50...
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 1244
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 1:16:26 PM
i find milfer's very annoying. want to ground them and give them a lecture on "today's world". my platonic single friends are mostly in their 40's and 30's (male and female). in the past, i have "dated" up to ten years younger. when i was much younger, it proved to be foolish. lately i've tried for five years difference, but not on the same wavelength. not sure why. way too many fuddy duddy men around or that i have been attracting. i have a lot of "inner child" that needs to be expressed.

i think ten years or so, is okay. i am talking more about the developmental stages of life, not about just sex. i would fear growing older, with someone too young. i am addressing that fear, more on a spiritual level. my male friends remind me that men die sooner, age faster, that i tend to be youthful (even with a disability), etc. i think women worrry more about the longer term. i don't "need" a man, but i do have only child syndrome and extroversion issues! so, i am leaving it up to the universe, but not willing to date someone way too much younger. i think it's different when you meet at a younger developmental stage, such as our friends demi and ashton. i think they have a good and special connection, but who knows? i do know another couple like them, but he has aged faster, even though younger.
 Javex
Msg: 1245
Posted: 3/2/2009 3:11:23 PM
It depends on your definition of "older" women. However there is a 30-something group of men who want to "learn" or "experience" an older woman. Well, here's the lessons.

1. There are no older women. Rather, there are "mature" women.
2. Mature women are not "easy", "experienced", or "grateful". However, they have been known to respond to basic respect.
3. Mature women do not enjoy allowing their bodies to become classrooms.
4. Mature women have names - "Alice", "Joyce", "Rhiannah", and so forth. They are not a population segment, but living, breathing human beings with feelings (did I say that?)
5. Mature women know they are being played, even if it can be flattering. Ultimately, Stella got divorced, which I think is kind of a downer.

If you want a fling before proposing, bring in a top of the line professional and let her teach you a thing or two. Until then, play with someone else.
 little fin
Msg: 1246
Posted: 3/2/2009 3:56:38 PM
never been into younger guys really...well maybe one about 15 years ago.. I like men in their 40's... they just seem sexier to me... younger men usually want younger women as they get older anyhow... I think
 bikenhikeblonde
Msg: 1247
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 5:20:24 PM
There are just too little things in common. Also, how does one explain to the family " this is my new boyfriend." Contrary to popluar belief most women are not "cougars."
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 1248
Posted: 3/3/2009 9:36:21 PM
Give me a young man who can do it twice a day seven days a week
I will take him in a h e a r t b e a t
 Blue_Note
Msg: 1249
Posted: 3/4/2009 4:51:40 AM

i think ten years or so, is okay. i am talking more about the developmental stages of life, not about just sex. i would fear growing older, with someone too young.

I agree. Ten years isn't a big deal to me. Most of the men I date are a few years younger (a few 10 years younger, but most around 2 to 3 years) - not because of their age, but because those are the ones who ask most, and the ones I'm most attracted to. But younger than that, and I just can't do it.

This has been a big issue in my life recently. More twenty-somethings than thirty or forty-somethings have been asking me out, and it floored me. I had to do a LOT of serious self-reflection. I learned a lot about the kind of person I am, how I present myself and what my expectations of a relationship are. I know the sex would have been great, but I need more than that in my life. I want shared goals, shared viewpoints, shared music and equivalent life experience. Beyond sex, what is there to sustain a relationship with someone twenty years younger? I don't want to be the older woman worrying that her younger man will leave her for someone younger, and always living on the edge like that. I love living on the edge, but I choose the edge - I prefer adrenalin rushes, not self-esteem pedestals and dives.

I think it's better to learn life with your partner rather than learn it from them. I don't have my life together enough to be a great guide anyway.
 tziganka
Msg: 1250
Posted: 3/4/2009 7:07:15 AM
Listen, there is nothin wrong with an older woman...such as myself..dating a youngin'... in fact...I think it would be great... you and my son would really hit it off...since he's well...only 2 years younger than you... And while you guys are snowboarding...I'll be snuggled up in my afghan sipping a hot cider and reading the current Reader's Digest.

Sound good?
 tjliddell
Msg: 1251
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2009 8:48:02 AM

Your arguement is very good. You are right it can work out.

But I had a couple of these relationships. Everything was great until eventually the issue of having kids comes along.

At 42, I'm thinking I am pretty much done. At 32, he has lots of time to change his mind (even thought he may think otherwise at the time).

That is the main reason I want someone within my own age group. My youngest is 19, its been that long since I have been able to have kids.
And one of the reason the last relationship didn't work out.

I'm 42 now will be 43 in June. Would like to have someone that is between 39 and 49 maybe even 50. Anyone actually any older then that is getting to close to my mothers age, who will be 63 this month.
 Nospoon20
Msg: 1252
Posted: 3/4/2009 7:59:04 PM
I think your use of words are horrible, and judgement on this post is perfectly fine.
 Nospoon20
Msg: 1253
Posted: 3/4/2009 8:00:24 PM
I didn't quote that crap.
 destinyplease
Msg: 1254
Posted: 3/4/2009 9:55:25 PM
I get asked out by guys in their 20's all the time but, can't say yes because my kids are in their 20's. I know a man would jump at the chance to date a younger woman I just don't feel comfortable. I have a friend that is though and is having a great time.
I tried to search this topic but, don't know how. If someone reads this and knows how to search for a topic without just reading all of them please mail me and let me know...thanks.
 Eugenejazzy
Msg: 1255
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 12:44:44 AM
We all know the answer to this question and by "all" I mean us men. The real question is why are the "older women not hitting it off with men of their age group. What do you think happens when a guy of 55 meets a women of 50. Do you think they land in bed as fast as a younger man would want. Answer No. They have to sit around in restaurants for hours and weeks avoiding the subject all together. We "older men would love a woman to be like that younger man with us.......... but we just can't find any , anywhere!

So to younger women we go!
 destinyplease
Msg: 1256
Posted: 3/5/2009 4:09:44 AM
Eugenejazzy you are so very very very wrong. I wish a man my age had 1/2 the sex drive I do but, they don't!!! The only way to keep up is little blue pills!! I did date a 40 yr. old that liked it 3-5 times a day...was amazing!!!! Unfortunately, he had a tragedy in his life and is dealing with depression but, enjoyed it for 6 months. A young man could do that but, I don't want to date a man my kids age...maybe his late 30's would be great!
Most of my friends are the same...guys in their 50's talk like they want it but, they can't get it up!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >