Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fwblooking
Msg: 394
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 5 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
As a medical professional, I feel it incumbent upon me to diffuse the myth of "sexual peak".

The only thing that sexual peak signifies is the frequency and duration of the male or female orgasm.

It has nothing,(and let me emphasise NOTHING) to do with physiological/physical concerns...

So for all of you caught in the whole myth that you are past your sexual peak, per se... relax.

The orgasms I have now at 40, are far more prolonged and intense then the ones I had at 18, and a lot more satisfying for my partner as well.

18 may mean stamina and "testicular fortitude", but those qualities are seldom paired with practical experience.

cheers!

V.
 Sabrinakicks
Msg: 400
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 1/16/2007 6:18:20 PM
I'm into younger guys.
I would date someone who was 18 if thats the guy I wanted to date.
I'm also into older guys. I'm not picky.
 ashytle
Msg: 409
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 10:00:34 AM
Honesty coming out now.

I have dated some younger guys and these are the facts. (At least for me)

If I am looking or wanting something serious, I would not choose a young guy. I dont have much in common with him and I like having good conversations. Most young guys are not very stable on jobs, what they want and are just silly sometimes. It is hard to take them serious.

On the other hand. If I am not looking for "serious" these are most likely the best ones to have as a toy. The sex is great and even if it isnt, well, you have 10 more chances at it with in a few hours. They are very willing to learn.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 410
Posted: 1/17/2007 11:02:00 AM

On the other hand. If I am not looking for "serious" these are most likely the best ones to have as a toy. The sex is great and even if it isnt, well, you have 10 more chances at it with in a few hours. They are very willing to learn.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Well said! Exactly...VERY good point.
 Cuishle
Msg: 411
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 11:06:46 AM
I highly disagree with this. The last time I visited my Grandma in the Nursing Home. After the visit, I mingled around a little with some of the sexy elderly lady residents there. I walked out of there that day with 14 phone numbers!
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 414
Posted: 1/17/2007 1:02:13 PM
I think it all depends on the lady .
 asliceoflife
Msg: 415
Posted: 1/17/2007 6:26:30 PM
I've date women that are older but only by a few years. If you're both looking for casual dating than there are women of all ages to choose from. I don't think you're going to find an easy time finding an older woman on POF but go out in the real world and put on the charm. In terms of a viable longterm relationship, big age gaps can be problematic. Let's see the younger on of the two want to have children but the other has no interest, this might be a deal breaker. It's all about your maturity level, this is conveyed by how you carry yourself and communicate.

Good luck.
 lucilou
Msg: 421
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2007 5:41:51 PM
I agree with some of the ladies that says older men does retire early to bed lol. They have a bedtime, I am talking about 50's and I know I am old but I still have a lot of energy that you could imagine. I have dated man on their middle 40's and we seems to be compatible when it comes to energy and going out at night. Some men who are in their late 40's seems to have the same bedtime, why is that? I guess it depends on the woman's energy of those who work out at least 3-4 times a week. I prefer younger man if they are attracted to me.
 sinceresweetclassy
Msg: 423
Posted: 1/19/2007 7:48:17 PM
I am interested in younger guys but,19 yrs old yes that is Very young..too young! for me to date. I look younger than my age..so,I don't want to be with someone my age. I find younger guys more Handsome! I don't like gray hair and sideburns,Wrinkles. lol! late 20's,30's yes. and I hate hairy chests on Guys! too! yuk!
 misty_20
Msg: 428
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 1:48:59 AM
becouse some younger guys can be to needy dont no wat they r doin in sex laughs
 IWANNABEURSEXYLUV
Msg: 430
Posted: 1/20/2007 3:49:03 AM
I M HEAVILY INTO YOUNGER GUYS THEY R THE BOMB--FUN TO BE WITH-LIVELY N SUPER IN ALL WAYS
 shyblondee
Msg: 434
Posted: 1/20/2007 6:49:27 AM
Champ....

Most women my age (mid 30's) that I know are involved with or married to men in the same age bracket. I know a few who specifically prefer younger men, but they are in the minority. We are out there!!!

I'm sure it isn't easy to hear that some women want younger men. Truthfully, though, when I was dating last year I came across so many older men (40's and up) who didn't want to date me because I was over 35. Did it bother me? No. Actually, I think it is a bit ironic that most of those men are still single and looking.

I could have become bitter and angry and ranted about the situation, but what good would it do? I decided to just shrug my shoulders and find someone who did want me. Attitude is everything.

I am now happily involved with a 37 year old man (I'm 36) who completely rocks my world.

Most people pick their partners based on the whole package, not something arbitrary like age. It doesn't do any good to get upset about those who want someone younger because it is just a waste of emotional energy. From your pictures, you are a nice looking guy and should be able to find someone to date. It has to be something else that is turning women off, not your age or looks.
 dentwebb
Msg: 442
Posted: 1/20/2007 6:02:38 PM
You aren't a dumb a**, you know the only reason older women date signicantly younger men is for their sexual energy! They aren't looking for a souldmate for life. When they get f***** enought to stisfy their egos which are low. Then they will begin to look for men their own age for the security. I feel sorry for the man that falls for them, believe me that they will never be honest to him about their previous abuse of younger men for their ego/pleasure!
It is true women use we men at times! But we have the advantage, it is impossible to use us for sex, we love it. Just don't get into anything serious with an older woman! Just enjoy what you can get from her!!!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 6:33:47 PM
Gotta love it when some man thinks he knows ALL women and how we think and why we make the choices we do. I never sought out a younger man to date because he was younger, but I have to say the men my age and older weren't very appealing, mostly just bitter towards women. Lot of that going around, it appears!
 LonnaStarr
Msg: 446
Posted: 1/21/2007 12:34:21 AM
I hate that freakin' banana! eeeeew

I also met my husband when he was 19 and i was 33. I look young for my age and i apparantly act well, like 12 sometimes. We were together 19 yrs. had a baby who's 16 now. We were married 15 yrs. Our divorce was final Thursday.

I've always been attracted to younger men. Don't think i could do 19 now but I look at guys my age and they look, I don't know, just older! You just have to be patient. Some women like older men! It just depends on the woman but they're out there, trust me.
 LonnaStarr
Msg: 447
Posted: 1/21/2007 12:42:49 AM
ooooh, I didn't read this before i posted before.
Dentwebb. Methinks you have a bit of a resentment towards women! Or is it just women who turn you down for younger men. I met and married a 19 yr. old. and we are soulmates which is why I was attracted to him. age doesn't matter if you look at the big picture (spiritually) We had the healthiest relationship of all our friends. Had a beautiful son whose 16 now and an incredible child. I'm 52 and he's 38 now and who freakin cares! Well, apparantly you. get over it. You are the one who needs to grow up apparantly.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 448
Posted: 1/21/2007 12:49:27 AM

A man 46 sees an attractive younger woman.. and doesn't see the flaws as I do or the way a 36 year old man does. So there is comfort in dating someone your own age or a little older because the tolerance understanding and comparing of our aging process.... are kinda a given... in accepting them naturally and accepting each other in our age bracket with all the difficult changes that are occuring.

I'm sorry ~ but I don't agree with this at all. If a man is looking for flaws, his age isn't going matter. If a man is looking for a problem/flaw, he'll find it. Just as women will.

My former is just now 33 ~ he saw me for me. We married and I don't believe we ever discussed an age difference. The only man even remotely in my life at this moment is someone I've known for years and he's just now 36. I know without a doubt, he has no issue with my physical appearance. And he certainly isn't looking at me with the eyes of a critic.

If someone is evaluating, looking for flaws, etc., it's not their age that is the issue ~ it's a flaw within himself. No thanks. JMO
 kimmer1
Msg: 449
Posted: 1/21/2007 12:54:20 AM
"and does anyone else hate this banana??"

LOL....FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 6:52:54 PM
^^^dentwebb^^^

You aren't a dumb a**, you know the only reason older women date signicantly younger men is for their sexual energy! They aren't looking for a souldmate for life. When they get f***** enought to stisfy their egos which are low. Then they will begin to look for men their own age for the security. I feel sorry for the man that falls for them, believe me that they will never be honest to him about their previous abuse of younger men for their ego/pleasure!
It is true women use we men at times! But we have the advantage, it is impossible to use us for sex, we love it. Just don't get into anything serious with an older woman! Just enjoy what you can get from her!!!

How insulting!!!!! What a bunch of Bunk!!! I can't believe that a man of 55 years of age could come out with something so asinine as you just did in this thread.

You should be ashamed of yourself to insinuate that older women are looking for such a thing. You are proof that just because you are an older man, that doesn't mean you are mentally mature.

As I said in previous posts...age doesn't matter!!! If a person is mature or immature, it can be at any age....and you just proved it....it's the maturity of the person that counts, not their age and you my dear, have some growing up to do, mentally.

But something tells me that you will be 80 and still be so closed minded. Furthermore, you had better go back to school, you need to revamp your spelling...not only your words but your foul, descriptive language.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 455
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 7:55:06 PM
I've never seen a better demonstration of an assortment of certain men that are obviously totally clueless about women, how women think and behave. Even geriatric mysoginism, wow, how totally eye-opening and sad, really.
 ace76
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 10:15:20 PM
Well, this thread is supremely generalizing, although I must point out that 19 is rather young, and women at that age (rightfully) often prefer guys slightly older..

You're younger than you take yourself as, although I clearly remember being that age and know you think you're fairly old, especially compared to slightly younger peers, but it's all a matter of perspective.

I've had a number of older women into me, but they were outside of the range of what I find attractive, so it's entirely possible...
 LonnaStarr
Msg: 463
Posted: 1/22/2007 3:28:00 AM

"I'm 52 and..." Hmmm, profile says 48 yrs. old. Reading the posts, the math asn't addding u. at least she didn't claim she was hones, just says the person she's looking for has to be."

I believe I actually did say I was honest. Or maybe the word was trustworthy. I believe sailorfun, you are practicing the clueless persons adage of "contempt prior to investigation".

If you had actually read my profile you would see I clearly state that I lied about my age for what I feel is a valid reason. The reason being so I don't get old cootz like you emailing me. So I don't get the hits of younger at heart men who just might "get" me.

Now I investigated, and know that you are in fact age younger than me. And since I did the investigating and read your whole profile, I can say with certainty that you are way to old for me. And I could feel contempt but I don't. The overriding feeling would be pity.
 LonnaStarr
Msg: 464
Posted: 1/22/2007 3:36:40 AM
Please forgive my rant to Sailorfun. He sure did push a button! (the not being honest thing.)

And pray tell, how do I use that quote thing! I'm fairly new at this and probably didn't read the instructions cuz sometimes I can be such a guy! j/k I mean guy-like. (not kidding.)

Now here is a woman after my own heart. So glad you made jedi princess status. I'm workin' on it.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 465
Posted: 1/22/2007 3:39:57 AM
Right on, dentwebb. You gotta enjoy it when it comes, just don't get attached.

I know what you're talkin about.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2007 7:23:38 AM

I've never seen a better demonstration of an assortment of certain men that are obviously totally clueless about women, how women think and behave. Even geriatric mysoginism, wow, how totally eye-opening and sad, really.

I think you hit the nail on the head Bucsgirl..and yes, it is very sad indeed.

We may have hit the nail too well. Maybe there are some older men on this thread that have lost a significant other to a younger man and clumped all of us mature ladies in with their grief.

BUT...as I tried to make clear in previous posts...the subject of this thread that the original OP started was "Why are older women "NOT" into younger guys?" and so far the subject has changed to suggest the opposite.

I am sure there are other threads that has the subject saying we "ARE" into younger guys...but this thread says "NOT". And for you older, bitter guys...stay on subject or do a search and find the opposite subject so that you can get your frustrations out...on THAT thread
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >