Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fifi47
Msg: 1301
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 53 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
I have met a lot of older men who are struggling financially due to paying child support for children that they sometimes had with 2 different women if they have been married more than one time. They sometimes lack dating skills, especially if they were married a long time and have been married one time. It's almost like they were in a time warp of 25 years if they got married at age 25 and divorced at age 50, they still act like a 25 year old in some ways and are looking for 25 year old women when they look their age or older. I have been surprised that so many men at age 50 or older still seem to value a woman's appearance as the most important thing about her, and they cannot seem to understand why some good looking women are not going to be attracted to them, as they don't have money or looks, and some good looking women can afford to be picky, as they attract many men of all ages. I try to be open minded about the ages of the men I date, and basically have dated men who ranged from age 40-65.
 soldiergirl99
Msg: 1302
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 10/9/2009 12:39:49 PM
I have to say that I prefer men younger than myself and find men my own age or older boring and kinda on the crusty side. At one time it was the other way around until the only kind of guy I would attract were much younger than me. My last one was 27 and my ex husband was 34. As long as they are mature, I have no problem.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 1303
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2009 1:12:52 PM
Cougars have spoken. At least I prefer women at my own age and I don't even need bulls.hit excuses for saying so.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 1304
Posted: 10/10/2009 8:14:40 PM
I have no problem with dating a younger guy, but I don't want one who's half my age.

Younger guys generally have more stamina - older guys generally have more finesse.
There are plenty of exceptions.
 mysteryeyes
Msg: 1305
Posted: 10/11/2009 9:14:31 AM
this thread isnt true at all, Im almost 27 years old and my last 3-4 gf's have been over 35 each time, but than again Im not an ordinary 26 year old...

19 is alot different than 26 though you're still a kid..maybe try women 20-24
 english lass
Msg: 1306
Posted: 10/11/2009 9:42:44 AM
for myself, if the guy is around the age of my children (or father) i'd find that very offputting in terms of thinking of a romantic relationship...within 10 years either way (older or younger) seems to be something i'm most comfortable with - but there's gotta be a whole lot more than a mere 'age-connection'... and that's not necessarily dependent on age at all...
 startle
Msg: 1307
Posted: 10/11/2009 9:46:30 AM
first of all, you said go for a drink...that would not mean a drink in a bar..this would take a tremendous break from reality...anything is possible though...a date with a much younger man would feel uncomfortable for an older women...if she is attractive she gets alot of these requests so it is not unique...therefore, it would take alot of convincing...you would have to catch her in the right mood...good luck...
 RobertKoi
Msg: 1308
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:46:14 AM
If you feel comfortable about dating someone who has to refer to history books to know what life was like when you were his/her age, fine... At 32 I don't go more than -5 years and on the plus side it doesn't really matter as much since I consider myself old enough anyway. I've had friends and others ask me and I often say that when you've hit 30 her age doesn't really matter. It's a sort milestone in life, probably more than any other age. The difference between 20-30 is, and should be if everything's kind of normal "upstairs" - huge.
 startle
Msg: 1309
Posted: 10/22/2009 1:36:22 PM
i get dozens of younger guys asking me out everyday...i also have nice looking men my own age who want to know me...given a choice between the two...i would pick the older man because the package is more complete....however, a different plan is this...sex with the younger man...money from the older man..date the middle age man...my life is a work in progress....if a younger man catches me at the right time...he could be my..younger man...
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 1310
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 2:04:05 PM
My son is 19 yrs old! Younger men are cute but have not matured yet, emotionally mainly. There hormones are raging and want sex with whoever? They are usually not responsible in this area either. 'They also do not know the social skills of how to treat a women and are still experimenting to know right from wrong. Even some of the more "mature" men don't know how to treat women.
Stay with your own age and treat them the way you yourself would want to be treated----with respect and be responsible and they will respect you back. Work on yourself and become stable in all areas.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 1311
Posted: 10/22/2009 3:26:45 PM

I'm a 48 y/o woman who would like to date younger guys. It's not a $ thing it's not a father hang-up. Its just finding the guy who's really into you. I'm finding that men around my age or older are looking for too many women juggle around. At least that's been my experience of late. I have a friend who has been in a relationship with a man 12 years her junior, he was 27 when they got together now he's 45 and she's now 58. And he still prefers her to women his age. That's a good thing.
One aspect of it is many younger men are tired of the BS/drama etc some younger women make them go through. Some guys are ready to be appreciated NOW rather than interrogated/and treated like a criminal suspect who needs to atone for his sins. Some of these younger gals are effectively PUSHING men away from them then they complain all the good ones are gone......no shit! lol KEEP PUSHING I say and tightening the vice of your own woe!

Some overestimate their power in thinking that a guy is at their mercy. ONLY TO A POINT then he may very well decide the aggravation isn't worth it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 1312
Posted: 10/23/2009 11:26:27 AM
~OT~ It's no secret that I personally prefer men a little younger than I am. BUT, I learned long ago that a LOT younger (if you are wanting something long-term) likely won't produce results that are, indeed, long term (there are exceptions, I'm sure, but......) I recently got email from someone clearly too young for me and when I politely explained I wasn't interested due to the age difference, this is what I got back:

Doesn't mean older man make you happy and
stay with you.
What's wrong with being young. I keep you
young and give you lots of energy
you should be thanksful to have me younger
than you

I guess he thinks he'd be doing me a favor. I think I will give him spelling lessons, but I certainly won't date him.
 SweetieGuy_81
Msg: 1313
Posted: 10/23/2009 11:38:55 AM
Well, do guys ever mature? lol

Seriously, i know i play alot of computer games and i am sure i will when i am way in my 50s, but i personally never drink, smoke, do any form of drugs unless its medically subscribed, so if they can act mature when its required i don't see an issue with older women dating younger guys, infact i quite like older women, i think they are more concerned about how they would look.

But i certainly wouldn't ask my older woman date to play xbox with me, though a nice movie would be good though.
 808 syndicate
Msg: 1314
Posted: 10/23/2009 6:49:57 PM
I have no idea why some ain't into younger guys. Although Im sure they all have their own reasons.

Now whether your having just a casual convo with her, or simply trying to get into her panties, always remember to be respectful. And most of all, act like an adult.
 13karat
Msg: 1315
Posted: 10/23/2009 7:20:19 PM
I have dated men with a wide range of ages ... about +/- 15 yrs ... and I have come to a the conclusion that my personal limit is about +/- 10 yrs ... and that is pushing it at both ends. It is more like +/- 8 yrs. Why?... well, there are pros and cons for both older and younger men. Now, while I realize these are not always true, they are GENERAL statements that I have seen or heard of from friends.

Pros of younger men:
They are like the EverReady bunny in bed.
They bring a fresh perspective on life... their viewpoint is younger, and this is not necessarily a bad thing.
They have the energy of life that seems to have deserted so many older men.
They don't have near the amount of baggage of an older man.

Cons of younger men:
They don't "get it" when you make a reference to something cultural from your child hood.
They don't understand the aches and pains of aging... and why you can't "go all night."
They tend to party more than I can handle.
They lack the maturity to understand how the trials of life can really challenge a person.

Pros of older men:
Usually a lot more skilled in bed.
They have the maturity and understanding that only seems to be brought with age.
They don't even consider "going all night"... when I find one that even thinks he can... hmmmm.....
They are not into Queen (or any other rock band from years gone by) just because they are the "new and latest renewed thing"... they liked their music when it came out way back when.

Cons of older men:
They often have that attitude of "giving up" as life has beaten them down too much.
They often have a lot of baggage that is still not checked... many have female hatred issues.
They often have real life medical issues that inhibit their "going all night."

And yes, I know I have a twisted sense of humour.
 azgymgirl
Msg: 1316
Posted: 10/25/2009 9:00:47 AM
Young man, I can only speak for myself, but I have a feeling I may be speaking for many women..................For me, being with a younger man is alot of differant things, its revitalising, its sexy as hell and its an ego boost for sure...........however we are women that have already lived what youve yet to go thru and the qualities we seek have not even be instilled in you, thou they may one day. We tend to look ahead. you 19 me 44 hot at the moment, however what about you 39 me 64 now thats gross and thats years lost for us to invest in a young me and give to him the last good years to give into your fantasies but to lose time and yrs is not in our best interest.
Keep in mind, please, there is ALWAYS the exception to the rule, but generally this is how it is..........................would I enjoy a younger man, yes. Is he willing to give up having kids and being a kid to be with an older women, cuz we dont do nintendo! My daughter dates boys your age. And I have too, but it doesnt work no matter how hard you try.........................................Good Luck young man. We love you guys.
 lilflyer
Msg: 1317
Posted: 10/25/2009 9:04:05 AM
well if you already have a decent steady career and ur own place to live, then age is not a problem. a lot of older women are looking for a serious relationship, someone who is stable that they can move in with. is that what you are looking for? if you are just looking for girls to drink and hook up with, you should go for your own age or younger
 adventurousme57
Msg: 1318
Posted: 11/4/2009 3:31:02 PM
OK...ladies. I have a question! Who has the BIGGEST age spread between you and a younger guy you've dated? I have agreed to meet a man who is ridiculously younger than me and need some support here!
 Britt884
Msg: 1319
Posted: 11/4/2009 3:31:52 PM
I dated someone who was two years younger than me, it was a terrible experience though.
 Thaddal
Msg: 1320
Posted: 11/4/2009 3:34:31 PM
Absolutly...Iwant a man...not a boy who thinks he can....and...she probably was old enough to be your mother....Your still a teenager...REMEMBER~~~
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 1321
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 1:57:52 AM
I feel a bit strange reading this thread because i always seem to end up with women roughly my own age, certainly not 10 year or 20 year gaps or anything. Maybe i should broaden my horizons and give it a try for something different
 Vannili
Msg: 1322
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 8:43:56 AM
Msg:1

I love Matured ripe bananas, the green one reminds me of a dude who wants a mother and a lover at the same time.
An older woman who will support him financially,his cook and laundry woman and in return ,he give her a 10 minute barah boom barah BANG..

In my case ,young guys don't like me because of the scents of my lotion it is called BEN GAY....
 amillio-bello
Msg: 1323
Posted: 12/29/2009 1:50:40 AM
There may be a variety of reasons. But I would guesse some ladies at a certain age just would prefer to be with someone there own age due to life experiance or they may be at the same area in their lives. But there are many women that go for younger men too. So everyone has their own reasons.

<div class='quote'>Ok I will try not to get to far into this, but I would say ONE of the reasons MAY have to do with competition with beautiful young woman such as myself. No disrespect to the ladies over 40, but they know in their hearts, many of them don't have it anymore to the extant that a young healthy female has it. They are at a different stage in their lives and unfortunately it is this stage that also MAY produce bitterness, because of the fact that they know they are not what they used to be among other similar reasons. Young guys somtimes are confused or just plain scared to face a strong independant beautiful and super sexy lady, especially the not so good looking guys like I mentioned elsewhere. Those kinds of guys I would imagine would run to an older lady out of desperation because they know they can't get none from an attractive young woman like me and other ladies. Most good looking youthful looking guys would not date an older women without having something else up their sleeve. But Any young handsome male who is honest will always tell you, that the young beautiful ladies with youth, beauty and intelligense all rapped up into one person, is the most desirable of them all.

Well put, and very precise hun!!. luv u!!
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 1324
Posted: 12/29/2009 3:55:25 AM
Because hunny bunny, we don't really give a chit how many levels you beat on your new xbox game last night... we don't wanna ride around in your little rustbucket smoking blunts and blasting rap music....it would be too wierd taking you to our class reunion knowing your mom will also be there with her date... we'd also prefer not to run into our children while we're attending your frat parties with you...we likely have underwear older than you...we can get our lil bob out and take care of business without having to wait for you to get done squirting one on our leg first... the list goes on and on.

But hey, if you wanna chill at my house for awhile, I will give you twenty bucks to cut the grass for me...
 amillio-bello
Msg: 1325
Posted: 12/29/2009 4:17:10 AM

Ok I will try not to get to far into this, but I would say ONE of the reasons MAY have to do with competition with beautiful young woman such as myself. No disrespect to the ladies over 40, but they know in their hearts, many of them don't have it anymore to the extant that a young healthy female has it. They are at a different stage in their lives and unfortunately it is this stage that also MAY produce bitterness, because of the fact that they know they are not what they used to be among other similar reasons. Young guys somtimes are confused or just plain scared to face a strong independant beautiful and super sexy lady, especially the not so good looking guys like I mentioned elsewhere. Those kinds of guys I would imagine would run to an older lady out of desperation because they know they can't get none from an attractive young woman like me and other ladies. Most good looking youthful looking guys would not date an older women without having something else up their sleeve. But Any young handsome male who is honest will always tell you, that the young beautiful ladies with youth, beauty and intelligense all rapped up into one person, is the most desirable of them all.

Sorry, this is the quote I quoted in my previous post, I don't know why it didn't stay highlighted???!!!!!!!!!

AAANYYWAAYYS...I mentioned that she made a good statement I beleive, and it was well put, and I agree with her on this!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???