Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > I am from Califorina what is there to do in Ohio      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smokey5151
Msg: 51
view profile
History
I am from Califorina what is there to do in OhioPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
hi there i just have to say ,,if it sucks so much get the hell out and go to one of the great places you say you have been,,,if there all great what are you doing in poor little Ohio
 Nghtshft
Msg: 52
I am from Califorina what is there to do in Ohio
Posted: 11/29/2005 10:16:04 AM
I agree with Alis....

If you want something to do go to the Cleveland area...enough there to keep ya busy for your stay.....
 bambi75
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/30/2005 6:29:56 PM
To all the transplants: Welcome to Ohio!

One question: WHY!? LOL

I was forced here when i was 17 by my parents when my dad retired from the service. I am still looking for something to do!
 Mary has Leggs
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:23:48 AM
To all you fruitcakes from Cal and places west of the Mississippi.
If you don't like it here GET TO HELL OUT !!!!!! Nobody is making you stay, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

ALSO: Will the last person to leave please turn off the lights?
 Gremmy
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/1/2006 9:35:42 PM
Well said Mary. I was born here and have lived in 4 different states and visited almost every state in the lower 48 and Ohio is the place I love. Ohio...love it or leave it..I'm staying
 LydiaFrances
Msg: 56
True so true
Posted: 3/5/2006 4:10:35 PM
Hey there Desert.. been awhile since I've put my POSSITIVE attitude (ur 2 cents) upon you to annoy you... wonderful isn't it... LOLOLOLOLOl

as you said..: A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Good thing I found out real fast what annoys you isn't it... LOLOLOL...

There is one thing I do know... a positive attitude NEVER solves any problems... but it sure helps a person get through the problem a whole lot easier, than a gloom-doom-woe-is me and feel sorry for poor me... I think you like that negative attitude because it gives you attention... you set back and laugh at what people say about it... I still say to you "IF YOU DON'T Like the cold climate you live in up in Cleveland area... then move to a warmer one" People do it all the time... be a snow bird... go south and get warm."

Take a vacation south for the winter... I'm sure you will be able to find some lonely woman somewhere that will feel sorry for you and let you stay for the cold months... In fact.. I can give you a few names if you wish... BUT I'd have to ok it with them... first.. Hey anything to you out of OHIO so you won't get into a deeper state of negativity...
 tenacious1
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/13/2006 8:22:51 PM
plan a trip back to california!
 greeneyes43135
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2006 8:30:45 PM
there a lot to do in there a place call hocking hill state park and many place to do here
 ahhhh
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/2/2006 2:05:49 AM
an imagination goes a long way, but start with a positive attitude, it should not matter where you are but what you do with it
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/2/2006 3:46:55 AM
Well,I hope by now that you've found some of the hot spots.
( here's a few suggestions)

Hit Main Street in downtown Cincinnati,the museums,the conservatory,
amusement parks,water parks,amphi-theatre,the zoo,camping,fishing,
golf,raceway,the boats,concerts,sporting events,...There's so much to
do & I could go on but I guess it depends on what you're looking for.Check
in the paper for the local attractions.
 just JO JO
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/2/2006 5:38:17 AM
Hey there is also the Bridge Climb On the Purple People Bridge down on the levee. Great adventure! And everyone is looking for a night life, what about stuff during the day like getting out hiking? There are tons of great state parks in this state, many offer hiking, camping, horse trails. Personally I think the only excuse for not finding something to do is not having an imagination.
 Miselu
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/2/2006 7:54:52 AM
Football hall of fame, Old Mans Cave, Amusement parks, Put-N-Bay there are lots of things to do.... search online.
Missy
 Ohiohillian
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2006 8:04:09 AM
Hi Skiptrace, and Thanks LydiaFrances!
I am a native of BEAUTIFUL OHIO. I find there is plenty to do here. I love to go to Loudonville and hike the trails of the Mohican Forest, or grab a canoe and glide sown the Mohican River. There is also camping in this area, although just recently one outfit was decimated by severe flooding. There is a strip of activities such as putt-putt golf, etc also, which is not my thing. BUT there is also a Bluegrass jamboree, and plenty of great old-tyme music and dancing in the area. There is also Ohio Power Company's re-claimed strip mining area with free hiking and fishing and camping, 2 week limit. Just get on their website. Check out any town, on the web. They will have a Chamber of Commerce site. Or go to a visitors welcoming rest area on an interstate. There are racks of brochures everywhere! One of my favorite spots is the BOB EVANS FARM in RIO GRANDE, OHIO which is just like my granddads farm was, and in the same area of Southeastern OH. Just let go and fall in love with the state! Amish Country, Mapleside Fruit Farm, where my dad used to be foreman, I could go on and on...........Maybe your real problem is you don't have others to do things with? There is also Parents Without Partners-if you have or had kids...they're on the net too.
 pimppisces26
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/2/2006 8:07:10 AM
Hey... There is a paper out there called the other paper. It has everything from clubs,restraunts,art, movies, and more. Trust me if you don't find something interesting worth doing in there then I would move
 PixieDust123
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/2/2006 10:10:09 AM
All depends where you live in Ohio. I'm from Cincinnati and I've lived here all my life. Seems to some of these ppl on here just don't know how to have fun. I can have fun and make a day out of anything there is to do in Ohio. First off, What are some of your interest? That would be helpful to someone so they could tell you where to go. Theres the zoo, mueseums, theaters, parks, clubs, bars, restaurants, etc... Ohio has lots to offer, you just need to look around and open your eyes. Im sure you can find something to hold your attention.
 fish365
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/2/2006 10:19:30 AM
Just get out and explore, There isnt as much as cali has to offer but if you fish, hunt, or just like playing on the water, we have a lot of lakes and rivers to play on. but its alot better if you have your own boat. If not you can rent one at most state parks. Chuck
 fish365
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/2/2006 10:22:53 AM
Well not everyone has your taste for fun and recreation. Try to be a little more possitive in your outlook on life. Chuck
 ktrim
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2006 11:10:18 AM
Depends on where in Ohio.
JD Legends is a cool place to sit outside have dinner or drinks while listening to the band , watching the volleyball leagues or play cornhole.

jdlegends.com
 racefan1
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/2/2006 1:24:04 PM
check out the day at the races link! doesn't get much more fun that that!! sign up and have a great time.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 70
view profile
History
How???
Posted: 8/5/2006 12:50:54 AM
How did this thread get revived??
 wvmike_1999
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/12/2006 8:29:28 AM
I moved here from West Virginia back in May. People here may laugh at WV, but at least there the scenery is beautiful, the air doesn't smell like a port a john. So far I'm not impressed with Columbus, I've hit a few clubs (not much of a clubber), a bar (not my thing either) and been to the movies a few times. I'm used to people being friendlier, and having the ability to drive I know, i'm on an Ohio posting board, but I met a few people in Ohio that I could connect with, one moved to Oregon last month, the other has a a$$ of a bf that allows no male friends, even if he is present. If it wasn't for the lack of jobs back home (other than McDonalds) I'd head back. I've done plenty of traveling, in the US, and have usually found something I liked about everywhere. I guess I let the looks of a "friendly big city" charm me, until the first time I heard a gunshot in my apartment complex. I haven't been to Cali, but I hear the northern part of the state is nice, and so is oregon from the phone calls i get. Might be better off lol. OH yeah..... go blue and gold
 shinxy
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/12/2006 8:41:57 AM
I can not believe some of you people...! There is plenty within radius to do in Ohio and in Kentucky. I have lived in Ohio all of my life. You have obviously forgotten alot. In the summer, we have the drive-ins. There is fishing and camping at stonelick lake or east fork lake. We have Hocking Hills and Mammoth Caves...we have Seven Caves...We have the race tracks.. We have riverdowns in the summer. There is also such a thing as the game places? The Reds and the Bengals....The art museum...the History museum...Newport on the Levee...the nightclubs....what is up with you people? do you not get out?
 ahhhh
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/12/2006 11:08:08 AM
you feel better Karen? lol home is what you make of it I grew up here in Cols, there are loads of things to do...Gallery hops, hockey games, great blues bands here, dart leagues, Southern Ohio is beautiful this time of year, camping, canoeing, Park of Roses, you all just need to get off your a$$ and look
 shinxy
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/12/2006 2:46:23 PM
Hey ahhhh....I LOVED COLUMBUS......

I can't wait to come back except I will have to from the guys before they manage to me....lol

There is plenty of and and for anyone who wants to have a blast so

Have a blast..
 ahhhh
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/12/2006 6:59:37 PM
I never got to meet you at the bonfire, my loss, your gain
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > I am from Califorina what is there to do in Ohio