Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whisky_River
Msg: 119
When dating a SOCIAL WORKER Why, do they lie and cheat SO MUCHPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Oh for petes sake...this thread is 7 years old....lol.
If he didn't like social workers than why did he keep dating them?
Easy Peasy!! Just quit..lol.
 usmaleagain
Msg: 120
When dating a SOCIAL WORKER Why, do they lie and cheat SO MUCH
Posted: 8/11/2013 9:46:14 AM
Strippers better than social workers? This has to be one the most idiotic threads I have ever seen on POF. You'll find some of the best people on the planet in the fields of social services and counseling.
 Tsar850
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/11/2013 10:12:40 AM
proteaus said.

The social workers are basically the american equivalent of the old soviet kgb . Most of them seem to get a real power trip in breaking a family up . Problem is there is no oversight on them and there should be .They basically can do whatever they want to whoever they want with no repercussions

I have to agree I have had them drag me into court once. It was really funny watching the judge have them stand up and rip them a new one for harassing me and my family.
Seems they didn't like a male having custody of his own children.

The really cool thing was they could not leave it alone even after the judge had striped their legs in court.

When the dust settled I kept my children and three of the "social workers" were fired and one almost went to jail.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/11/2013 10:42:58 AM
What a ton a garbage!

I get that people associate social workers with "removing children from homes", but that's only one branch of social work (foster care agency, reunification, adoption, etc).

There are tons of branches (geriatric, substance abuse, youth/adolescent group homes, children in school, academic advising, mental health, veterans, etc.

Then you have setting: hospital, hospice, residential, outpatient, private practice, outreach, shelters, corporate, etc.

Then the broad spectrum: international social work, national social work, administration, consulting, etc.

How can anyone make such generalizations from a profession that is multi-faceted? I am a social worker by degree/education/training, work in administration, corporate, academics and the United Nations. The skills one learns is to be applied as a way of relating to one another, helping one another, form alliances and network with people on principle and ethics. It is not a skill to be used to manipulate people, violate ethics, belittle others, or "work the system". The foundation is to create harmony, help those less fortunate, brainstorm and advocate for services needed, empower others to improve their quality of life, speak for the voiceless, among many other principles.

These skills are not to be used with friends or in relationships, that would be rather manipulative. I am not a social worker in my relationships, nor with my friends. Have I thought about using my skills to get to the point? Yes, but I don't do it, I can't think of my significant other as I would a patient/client.

I've met many awful/vile/selfish/incompetent/manipulative/egotistical social workers, the same as I've met many compassionate/selfless/humble/honest social workers. Just as I've worked with nurses (another direct care field), which run the gamut in how they are and operate. There are all kinds of people in different professions. While certain traits draw in people with certain personalities and concerns, some look at it as a job, not a career. A job is something that you do for a living, a career is what you do as your calling, and would continue to do even if you were not paid.

The minute any of us think we are better than any other person, is the minute we arrive at the darkest hour.

People like to assume too much, what's next? All law enforcement is corrupt and abusive? Are we forgetting that individual go into these professions, not the other way around. Some are genuinely in it to help, some to help themselves, some to manipulate for an ego boost, and some who believe in order.
 usmaleagain
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/11/2013 11:33:00 AM
^^^ good post ... and you are one of the better ones I see posting these days.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/11/2013 11:53:31 AM
Thanks Usmaleagain
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2013 2:52:39 PM
People like to assume too much, what's next? All law enforcement is corrupt and abusive? Are we forgetting that individual go into these professions, not the other way around. Some are genuinely in it to help, some to help themselves, some to manipulate for an ego boost, and some who believe in order.

I once got a message saying All cops are douchebags :(( lol I leave that out of my profile now). Another misunderstood multi faceted career.

^^^^Usmaleagain I am still waiting for you to post that Career list of yours!

I have ex KGB relatives leave them out of it!

I have worked with many Social workers and other gov't authorities and they mostly are un appreciated and take the brunt of peoples anger. Many even get assaulted, accused of wrong doing etc. I knew a few who went way above the call of duty trying to help someone and actually got in trouble because the person being helped reported them.

**If I was to report dishonest profession(no such thing) based on complaints that co workers had..it be a tie: car mechanics and Dentists.I swear I don't think I know one person who has not been ripped off or lied to by one of them. But it be wrong to generalize?
 Whisky_River
Msg: 126
Posted: 8/11/2013 7:35:29 PM

I would be looking at why you seemed to be a magnet for these people. The common denominator in the scenario, is you

Being serious here now...I think the OP(read his profile) was more than likely seeing them but not in a "dating" scenario......He may have viewed it as "dating"......Of course...I can only assume...lol.
Of course...Generalizing anyone as not ethical... because of their chosen occupation is nonsense....
How about them "lawyers"???
 John255317
Msg: 127
Posted: 8/11/2013 7:43:25 PM
Lots of different types of social workers out here in the world. Even if one spoke about one specifically, it still is ridiculous in lumping all of them in that field as being ones to stay away from. Kind of like having a thread and saying "When dating human beings, do they lie and cheat"
 Whisky_River
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/13/2013 7:09:32 AM
kincsnincs

The OP should not put himself down for having chosen social working as a profession

Did you read the opening question? He is complaining about dating" 3" social workers..

This is the OP's question and statement...

I have dated three social workers and never will again. These people go out to damage peoples mind purposely. Have very little ethics. Some of them don't even know the diffence between right and wrong. I'm telling you you can get better help from exotic dancers than you can from social workers

I agree with...Usamaleagain and Belle...
What a ton of garbage!!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/13/2013 9:23:13 AM
There have long been jokes and stereotypes for all sorts of professions.
Doctors, lawyers, accountants, policemen and apparently social workers.

I guess everyone needs to have a job that's free and clear of any stigma
or stereotype.

But I can't think of any right now....I'm apparently anal and boring.

hahahahahahaha!
 gallagher1976
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/13/2017 6:45:00 PM
ive been in contact with 4 social workers from this site and what rocky says 100% correct. the first one was a certifiable nutjob,the second tried to make it her mission to analyze me when it was clear she didn't know what the hell she was talking about,the third asked me to giver her some space after SHE asked me out for a coffee and then canceled,and the fourth had PTSD. these people are great at their jobs,but absolutely suck at relationships.
 daynadaze
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2017 7:43:56 PM
Why would you blame a job for the character (or lack there of) of a person who just happens to hold that job?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2017 8:18:08 PM
Think about it-

They're working with abstract thinkers. They have to figure out their clients thoughts, and how they process them. They must twist their line of reasoning to understand what drives their clients. Working with these people day after day, I'm sure it screws up their own reasoning.

They're doing you a favor by stopping any relationship you might get into with them.
 gtomustang
Msg: 133
careful, mind field ahead. or in head
Posted: 1/14/2017 8:07:24 AM
speaking of thought process, at the top of this page, back in 2013, WR tells us

"Oh for petes sake...this thread is 7 years old....lol."

so, maybe there's an obsessive mind at work :) But I only realized it b/c a new topic around here doesn't get past 2 pages before I get to see it, so I just figure its an old dredged up one/ But hey, I believe in recycling, so as the kids say, its all good.

Where's Belle Atlantic? didn't she used to be a social worker? I only dealt with one while caretaking my parents, she reminded me of Suzanne Summers in appearance and loved Harleys according to the sticker in her car window. But 1200 may have a point, if a SW deals with clients who can rationalize any behavior, after a while its probably like a prison guard working with prisoners.

after a while, "you've heard it all".

:)
 daynadaze
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2017 11:04:18 AM
Oh brother purple, that's ridiculous.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/14/2017 11:31:32 AM
LOL I find more funny stuff, (You know, funny, are you kidding me?) in the 'Plentyoffish Love Stuff Section',
than the 'Plentyoffish Fun Stuff'.

Former co-workers and my daughter-in-law are "Social Workers". Some of the best advice I've heard came from a Social Worker.
For example. I recently wrote of/described a conversation with my mother. She has no worries. Her faith in God will keep her safe. I'm too far away to help her.
Daughter-in-law, advises. "Never work harder for your client, than they are willing, to do for themselves".
 gtomustang
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/14/2017 7:47:00 PM
so, are you ladies saying, a social worker might have "heard it all" and can recognize a bullshit artist from a mile away? That maybe the problem a guy has, is that she isn't fool enough to be taken in by him?

:)
 Nestaron
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/14/2017 8:16:17 PM
They lie and cheat really omg you mean they are actually human and prone to human mistakes what a bad thing, they can play the field as good as any player I would never have guessed is that not against some rule somewhere. Imagine that real human beings how do I find them
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/15/2017 4:52:33 AM

...................a social worker might have "heard it all" and can recognize a bullshit artist from a mile away?

LOL, to be sure, indubitable
 gtomustang
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/15/2017 6:45:28 AM
well, maybe we figured out these guys' problems :)
 Whisky_River
Msg: 140
Posted: 1/15/2017 9:42:01 AM
Lol....The old it's not "you" it's "me".......usually is the issue.
By crikey....we figured it out!!
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2017 12:02:01 PM
Going by the OP's post right back in 2005, I'm hoping he's spent the last twelve years getting that chip off his shoulder.

and improved his general level of education:

Knight Rider if you read my first one I said 90 %. Why can't people read right. First of all social work and pyschiatry and phscology is based on some one believ. So you probably think crapping in your diapers is a sexual experience to quote the idiot Freud. Again believes and values are based on life expeiences. You seem too narrow minded to understand this. well parents can't discipline there kids anymore, because of child welfare. So I think a good spanking would have helped a lot of kis. I got a cuple and grew up to be a very good person.

My dad was a social worker. I'm a counsellor. We both spent time studying our subjects and I continue to do so. We didn't stop being human beings, we just began to understand where people come from a little more. We did learn when to look for red flags. I have come across one or two when dating who have come along with a mental ticklist of their own. I'm guessing that the OP behaved badly and got called out on whatever he did.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/15/2017 2:27:51 PM
Policemen beat, firemen cheat, or is it the other way round? I heard it (somewhere) so it must be true :/
Friends used to tell me all the time they couldn't do my job, so I guess some jobs may require a certain type of character.
I know plenty of people of all kinds of occupations, as fvcked up as me. Wonderfully colourful world.

Thread title could just as well be 'why do people who eat potatoes cheat'? wut??

ETA: can we all agree politicians lie? Yep, just them, no one else.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2017 7:50:46 PM

They lie and cheat really omg you mean they are actually human and prone to human mistakes what a bad thing, they can play the field as good as any player I would never have guessed is that not against some rule somewhere.

No, it's not that. The OP was complaining that they're "All That Way" (or at least a Strong trend). I had a friend tell me that, and I chuckled at him -- come on dude, you're exaggerating. He pleaded how true it was. Whatever.

But I can say from my personal experience that I couldn't argue with him anymore. I don't believe it to be true, but I do believe that it does have a lot of apples in that bin who have issues of their own. And I'm sure many who are better than most. But social workers is very populated industry and not the most stringent field to get into... so you are going to find your fair share of those with issues, as I found out (dating and non-dating). From my experience...

BEST: Teachers who love teaching
WORST: Teachers who hate teaching
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >