Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nineseven
Msg: 71
When Did YOU Join POF? Searching for Old FishiesPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
No idea. But I'll know now
 XrayAndy
Msg: 72
view profile
History
When Did YOU Join POF? Searching for Old Fishies
Posted: 11/26/2011 7:30:17 PM
Ive been lurkin around for a while now!
 LostSoul1978
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/27/2011 3:37:39 PM
Originally joined in 2005, then deleted my profile about 2 months ago. I rejoined last week
 Skyebluepink
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/30/2011 1:38:19 PM
I joined in 2008. My profile is hidden, I just enjoy the weekly Matches, and seeing who is still on here. Also writing a book about POF and other dating sites. Some of the oldies are there for a reason, one in particular, who has been around for 8 years that I know of, message me privately for details... definitely NOT his profile, which I suspect is what happens with a lot of people. They may get a lot of responses but after the intial meet and greet and maybe a few more 'dates' they are tossed back in to the pond. Usually for good reason.
GL and....Happy Fishing to all!
 R_Rings
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 1:44:25 PM
I've been on here off & on since around 2004 or 2005..

i've was addicted to the forums for a couple of yrs..i looked froward at that time to post & to read what the other regulars posted..had a lot of fun back then..

& then you eventually get a life & come back from time to time to take a look..i've had 3 or 4 names on here i started out as Rings..then came back as Rings*..then i was Nuff Said..there was 1 or 2 more that i can't recall right this minute..

i met a wonderful beautiful girl on here & we dated for a couple of yrs..but it was not meant to be..mutual attraction is awesome & necessary..but it takes time to get to know someone,really know them..& then you have to decide if they're for you or not!..

Good luck to all!!
& Happy fishing!!
 Sherlock101
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2011 6:36:47 AM
I've been on and off since Jan. 2007. Always enjoyed the forums and now maybe moving to Surrey so checking out these forums...
 SovereigntyRains
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/30/2011 8:32:02 AM
I figured this site out in 5 minutes , that was 5 years ago and it has never changed .its so moment to moment , a form of Fantasy Dating for Baby Boomers. many do not last the first Month, i love the challenge and people so it works for me , not a waste of time at all , it never moves along well if an old fish and a newbie have a go at it chatting that is . striving to reject is how many seem to operate ..
 Cynderella
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2011 1:46:00 AM
*R RINGS* Long time no see...

This is why I keep coming back, it's like a school reunion.
 AddHomonym
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/1/2012 4:42:09 AM
I was in here once upon a time around '04. Met lots of folks and had tons of fun.

In '05 I met a woman in here and we met up at a POF party in my area. A year later, we got married.

It proved to be a bad situation that got worse and worse until it just wasn't working anymore.

We split up and after almost a year of living on my own I'm starting to realize that it isn't good for me to try and be a hermit. Now I'm looking for cool folks to have coffee with.

I don't recognize anyone in here and I can't even remember my old username...although I do recall having more than one since I managed to get myself into trouble with the mods a few times. I also didn't post any pics back then because of my career so I doubt anyone would be able to remember me.

That's too bad, I can think of a couple of women I would like to hear from.

Oh well, life moves on, time to make some new friends.
 TheCritic
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/10/2012 4:01:36 PM
Anyone who has been on the site since 2004 or before, has been contacted by POF staff and offered a "free" upgrade to their profiles i believe, as a thank you for their commitment to the expansion of the site.. correct me if i am wrong?
 Ed Bear
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:30:06 AM
For the record, this is the only identity I've ever had here on PoF.

5/19/2007... though until June 2009 I was only using it with spare online time at the local library, which meant not often. Finding the forums was after that, too.

I haven't considered the site a place to find dates or romance since the "monetization" began and profiles frozen for lack of certain information.

By far not one of the longest-active sorts here, I expect.
ED BEAR
 rebel777
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/11/2012 6:09:52 PM
Yup,been on here since 05... out of the pond since since 06...stopped lurking in 07
changed my name very many times...have kept my profile on here just cuz... ...for those who know..we still together...Feb 14th will be 6 years together...and and and we stilla rockin everyday day ...
 Outdoorsey_Guy
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2012 10:03:13 AM
i joined in 2008 .
check ur e-mail when POF
sends new matches notices.
 pantherrrrrific
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2012 7:12:34 PM
OH boy.. few name changes for me but been here on and off since 2005 maybe early 06... like someone said earlier. like a high school reunion...hosted many coffee nights, dinner events and camping trips , lots of great friends made.. many still close.. sadly lost a few along the way.. RIP all you crazy pals!
Rebel say hi to HL for me please!! great to see you two are still "rockin''!"

Pantherrrrr, Who deleted me, Phatfat the water rat, Pantherrrrific etc etc.. yay for banned camp, freedom of speech and name changes ha ha ha
 jonabella
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/25/2012 7:35:14 PM
seems like years
 fackenugly
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:40:20 AM
I've been here off and on since '06. I think anyways. I delete my profile when I meet someone. Obviously hasn't worked out well for me. Since I'm writing in this forum on this site right now.

we're all a bunch of rejects! hahaha!
 countrypeach31
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/29/2012 11:31:34 PM
Wow........ well..... ummmmmm some of you may remember me from WAY back when.

I first joined March 18, 2005.... had 3 LTR from here, and well... I'M BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :P

Lots of familiar faces here, great to see you all !!!!

Banned camp, yep been there a time or two, used to host POF events in the Langley area and well now... I'm more or less lurking mwaaahahahahaha
 Tommieboi1973
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/8/2012 2:29:39 AM
when did i joined pof
 rockondon
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2012 9:22:45 PM
I've been on since....