Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The worst pain imaginable      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The worst pain imaginablePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I just let my daughter rip the microwave wax off my leg cos she's been asking for ages... Stupid move LOL, She took it off so slowly it was horrifying, I could feel each hair being slowly inexorably being pulled from its little follicle... Torture!!!

So the point of this thread is, what's the worst pain you've ever been in, and just to get the competitive juices flowing, do you think men or women have higher pain thresholds??? What proof do you have of this???
 eddie0221
Msg: 2
The worst pain imaginable
Posted: 2/16/2007 1:54:19 PM
getting the nipples pierced!!! yaaaooouuuucccchhh!!!
 yellowfrog
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2007 2:07:40 PM
Think the most painful thing I ever experienced was the first pee I had after I'd had my Prince Albert piercing done. I screamed so loudly, I think people in Mansfield must have heard me!
 bootielicious
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2007 3:18:33 PM
worst pain emotionally> losing my grandad and never being loved by my dad.

Pain: child birth was easy
Breaking tib & fib: hurt abit when I was moved but otherwise was too busy enjoying the attention of the ambulance crew (I was 16!)
Back ache: It was the longitude and limitations that frustrated me more than the pain. Although the pain at times was excrutiating.
Immac left on leg: Once after having a fit prior to diagnosis with encephilitus I was imaccing my legs and when I came too my legs were burned. I remember going out with my friends after and feeling like I had laid in the sun for 2 days solid. That was nasty.

paper cut?
 pantsonfire
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2007 11:45:28 PM
^^^^ Ooooh you sick puppy LOL..

I have to agree with childbirth being a manageable and expected pain, so therefor not really comparable with 'accidental' pain...
My honest worst pain was when I was actually in labour... I'd been pushing for a bit but couldn't crown the baby, suddenly he went into distress and the midwife decided to give me an episiotomy, no pain relief, no time, I went through the roof and kicked the poor woman, the cut ended up going all the way through my back passage and skewed off across my butt cheek, It took longer to sew me up than it did for me to give birth, mind you that was a 50 minute labour so not much to say there...

As for pain thresholds, it's actually a proven point that women are better at dealing with pain than men, how? Because women actually have twice the amount of pain receptors on their skin surfaces than men do but only succumbed to electric shocks marginally before the men in an experiment, so overall women were better at coping with actual pain..
 lalby
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/17/2007 1:25:01 AM
i had a real long labour with my boys,37 hours without a break in contractions and then nearly 2 hours pushing the first 1 out,but that pain seemed to disapear straight away,i once got an abcess on my tooth that was so bad i had taken that many painkillers i had made myself sick,im gonna go with the toothache being worse than the labour.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The worst pain imaginable