Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 papp1812
Msg: 175
Over 50-Where do you go when you are lonely?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Annapurna, why do you want to go out when you feel lonely?

I feel just as lonely, in the comfort of my own home, as I would in a noisy singles' place where everyone is having fun except me.

I really can't imagine why you need to feel lonely in a crowd, when you can do it on your own, without any peer pressure or having to spend money to do it.
 papp1812
Msg: 176
Over 50-Where do you go when you are lonely?
Posted: 3/17/2014 4:15:01 AM
Mara, beautiful and becoming pink. It's cute... goes well with your other colours.

Wanna take ping-pong classes together? Or how to make orange slices look like elephantic airplanes. Or how to wake up the neighbourhood without their realizing the source of their wakefulness. Anything, really, anything to learn, just to be in the same room with you.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 177
Posted: 3/17/2014 12:13:45 PM
I feel just as lonely, in the comfort of my own home, as I would in a noisy singles' place where everyone is having fun except me.

I was wondering why a 32-year-old man would be posting to women in the Over 45 forum---now I see you're actually over 60. If you're that lonely, it might behoove you to post your correct age at the top of your profile. As it stands now, women in your own age group can't contact you, and you can't contact them.
 papp1812
Msg: 178
Posted: 3/17/2014 5:42:00 PM
Thanks, Halcyon skies, I had no clue I was advertised as only 32. Who put that number in there?

I never lied about my age, but should have, once, at a singles' dance, when this incredibly cute chick showed a lot of interest and she was dreamily gorgeous. In my line of manhood this happens very rarely, even back then, 30 years ago or so. She asked me how old I was, I said 35, so it was 25 years ago, Miss Simpkins, my grade 3 teacher would pat me on the shoulder for figuring it out so quickly. The woman, this dream-come-true angel, dropped me like a hot potato, she said I was too young, she was 42. What a bore it was. I am still cringing when I think of how lucky I was, and an hour and half later how unlucky I became, back to normal.

So... how did you know I am sixty. Not a secret, but if my profile says I'm 32, then how would you know?

For the record, I'm sixty, and seeing I confused you, and I am not into that game really at all, you know, lying, therefore now I am forced to say "I'm 60" in every of my posts. Or however old I actually am. Must ask my mother, she was there when it all started.

What does Halcyon mean? I could google it, I guess.

Thanks for warning me what my profile says -- most people never remember what they put in there, including me, because we never check out our own profiles, do we. "Should I contact this guy, to make him my friend, so we can exchange war stories about our escapades with women? Hesus, this guy is a loonatic, I don't wa... GAAA!!! HE IS ME!!!"
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 179
Posted: 3/17/2014 6:06:41 PM

papp1812:
So... how did you know I am sixty. Not a secret, but if my profile says I'm 32, then how would you know?
Thanks for warning me what my profile says -- most people never remember what they put in there, including me, because we never check out our own profiles, do we. "Should I contact this guy, to make him my friend, so we can exchange war stories about our escapades with women? Hesus, this guy is a loonatic, I don't wa... GAAA!!! HE IS ME!!!"

I guess along with not being able to remember your birth date when filling out your profile. You don't remember posting this in another thread....

Now in my sixties,

I guess CRS is kicking you hard these days........
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 180
Posted: 3/17/2014 9:28:51 PM

Downtown.
The lights are much brighter there.
You can forget all your troubles......forget all your cares....when you're....

Downtown.

because we never check out our own profiles, do we.

Actually, I check mine out constantly. To tweak it a little, and remind myself how much I like it.
 papp1812
Msg: 181
Posted: 3/18/2014 3:38:59 AM
What is CRS? I am not very good with Internet abbreviations. I know LOL, IMHO, and STFU. I never even seen CRS before. It must have a meaning. What?
 papp1812
Msg: 182
Posted: 3/18/2014 3:55:04 AM
Posted: 3/18/2014 1259 PM

I posted this about ten-twenty minutes ago, and the system time on my computer NOW is 6:52 a.m. The real time is 6:52 a.m. I live in the Canadian and US eastern time zone daylight savings time, same as Toronto and New York. According to the POF timetable, my post came about six hour before the guy's whom I answered.

Who's got the computer glitch: me, or POF? What is the reason for this?

HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY!! I NEVER POSTED THIS:

Posted: 3/18/2014 12 < img src = http : / / www.plentyoffish.com / smiles / icon_38 . gif border= 0 > 59 PM

(spaces inserted by me for you to show you guys the code inserted by the website)

I have never seen a computer system of any singles's site so densely ridden with malware.

I'm outta here. I don't think it's worth to chat with you, people, if what I get for is a lot of computer infections. Nothing personal, you understand.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 183
Posted: 3/18/2014 7:57:41 AM
I'm outta here. I don't think it's worth to chat with you, people, if what I get for is a lot of computer infections. Nothing personal, you understand.

Make sure you remember to post that you're 60 in your next profile so that we over-50-women can all message you. Toodle-oo!

P.S. CRS = Can't remember sh!t
 DragonBits
Msg: 184
Posted: 3/18/2014 8:00:43 AM

Make sure you post that you're 60 in your next profile so we over-50-women can all message you. Toodle-oo!.

I would bet it's more likely the poster was male and under 28.

Since the poster was total BS, hard to say what if anything was true. In those cases, I don't think it's worthwhile even interacting.

No one will miss this poster, but no doubt they will be back.
 tribalfusion1953
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2014 7:44:51 PM
I'm in a small semi-rural community ... and well, culturally, it's all about high school basketball, kids and their (grand) kids ... their lives are centered around them. The nearest city is 50 miles - Well, a smaller city is nearby, but it's still limited - very limited. It's frustrating. Yes, I've learned to love being in my own company ... but sometimes you want (and need) more.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2014 3:33:27 AM

What does Halcyon mean? I could google it, I guess

It's slang for
Sharp cookie................. GOT YA!!
Only those under 60 know that.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >