Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 115
Natural remedies for high Blood pressure?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Rocket-ship- It can be, but you have to monitor it.
Get a blood pressure cuff that will give you the results when the check is done.
Start by knowing your baseline/resting blood pressure : Sit for at least a half an hour and take it and log your results, including your pulse.
Then take your pulse and blood pressure before and after a walk. If both results are within normal range (you can Google this to find the numbers), keep up the same walking routine for at least a week, always note your pulse and blood pressure before and after.
If the numbers stay withing normal limits with just walking, then you can try jogging.
Start out with short jogs, and again, check your pulse and blood pressure before and IMMEDIATELY after.
You can keep stepping up your routine until you get a pulse and/or blood pressure that is out of normal range,
When that happens, you have to go back down to where you were when the results were still within normal range.
You can also check your pulse during your walks and when you step up to jogging, if your pulse gets too high, you have to slow down.
This can also be done by a stress test at a doctors office, they do the same thing, but you are in an office surrounded by medical personal, which makes things safer and they will you give you a print out that tells you how far you can safely push yourself.
I would go with the stress test first, just to be safe, and then use it as a guide going forward on your own.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Natural remedies for high Blood pressure?
Posted: 6/30/2014 3:30:31 AM
^^^^^^^
At home BP cuffs (when you know how and when to use them) are more accurate/telling than drug stores that do it for you.
Good share there bama.
 Coma_White
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2014 11:45:25 PM
Have you tried mulungu?
 Molly Maude
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2015 1:22:26 AM
I want to thank all of you who have participated in this thread ...
yesterday, I got a new blood pressure machine and hadn't taken
my blood pressure in about a month since the old one failed ...
when I saw the numbers, I was shocked ... horrified ... I'd never
HAD HIGH blood pressure before and I was considering going
to the E.R. ... came in here instead ... saw that some folks were
bragging about getting their numbers down about where my
highest were and realized I was over-reacting ...

so thanks ... I slept ... got up, determined to do better ... low salt,
low fat, more exercise ... taking the suggestions made by my
cardiologist !!
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2015 10:42:22 PM
Molly,

first Q I would ask is how different is the new BP machine, particularly the cuff, from what you are used to? I have found that each unit is slightly different in what it wants, though there are commonalities. Make sure you align the cuff correctly with your (brachial?) artery as the manual instructs - this alone can add 10 points to your readings (learned the hard way) May be an expectation of using on the Left arm vs. right -- makes a difference with my unit. weird.

To the OP, lose weight! has this been mentioned?
Visceral fat, that fat which builds up around your internal organs (vs that which is under your skin, subcutaneous) is a killer. It is metabolically active and can have a tremendous effect on BP; and on certain other hormone levels - esp. in men.
Get out and walk, not stroll. Work up to a fast pace, say ~4mph, for several miles. For most people that's the secret: lose weight and move.

Look for generics: generic lisinopril is, what, $50-$60 / year. Others not much more. Talk to your doc. Focus on getting BP down immediately, then make the lifestyle changes; don't think you'll do the lifestyle choice and then get the BP down. Hypertension has a way of biting you in the rump when you're least expecting it.

Oh, almost forgot, Molly, take your new BP unit in to the doc with your next appt and have it checked. Don't assume it is accurate right out of the box - you'd be surprised.

TK
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2015 2:37:21 AM

Oh, almost forgot, Molly, take your new BP unit in to the doc with your next appt and have it checked. Don't assume it is accurate right out of the box - you'd be surprised.

^^^^^^^^^PLEASE do this Molly.
Also ,you check it in frt of the nurse yourself so if you are not doing it correctly the nurse can show you how.
 Aradia96
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/2/2015 11:41:18 PM
Lifestyle changes - more exersize.

I used to suffer low blood pressure and keep feeling light headed a lot and passing out, think I was lacking iron though and had messed up blood sugar.

Now I take a load of vitamins and avoid unhealthy food and obviously never smoke anything. Also drink rarely.
 professora
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2016 7:29:16 AM
WEIGHT LOSS?

Recently have slightly high blood pressure readings during the day (never morn or eve). for me: high b/p is 145/ 84

My BMI is 24.5 and it has been suggested that I should lower the BMI to 20 - lose weight

I will try the 5-10 pound weight loss and see if there is a difference.

Interesting ideas. apple cider vinegar -- my grandmother used this treatment a long time ago
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >