Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Which sport is tougher on the body: hockey or soccer?Page 4 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Kirk, it seems this debate is never going to end. Europeans agree with you and North Americans agree with Wizard. Let's face it, most North Americans don't share the passion for soccer that you Europeans do. It's unfortunate, but it's the same as Europeans don't share the passion of North American football. They seem to feel that their "football" is better and the only" real" football. Here in North America( I'm aware that there are many other countries in the world) football, baseball, basketball and hockey are the top 4 sports. Soccer is a very distant fifth and if you include NASCAR as a sport it would be sixth. Yes soccer is played by many North American children, but as children get older they lose interest in the sport and enjoy more challanging sports like football, basketball, tennis, hockey etc.
PS Kirk in my opinion you did imply that you were a fan of American sports by saying that you attended games at Fenway, the Garden etc. This was probably done to make you appear unbiased and obhective, but Wizard and many others saw through it. Anyway I hope we can all get along.

Mark
 wizardofossington
Msg: 189
Which sport is tougher on the body: hockey or soccer?
Posted: 5/23/2008 4:14:23 PM

you admitted the practice of calling domestic league winners was "silly" and "foolish"... once you did that you had already lost the argument.

It's quite obvious you can't read English....I was hinting to you the next time you write to use those words instead of the ones you have claimed American sports to be. I was giving some constructive criticism to you, but tu no comprendas ingleses.

I am done replying to any of your posts, I'm wasting too much of my life with this....

Pedro.... Two for you.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 190
Posted: 5/23/2008 7:23:25 PM
Can I get a witness....

PS Kirk in my opinion you did imply that you were a fan of American sports by saying that you attended games at Fenway, the Garden etc. This was probably done to make you appear unbiased and obhective, but Wizard and many others saw through it.

Baseball was by far and away my favourite but I liked football and basketball as well. As for Nascar, not really into it but I am a SPORTS fan so Hell I even went to Talledega...great weekend!!! Didn't get into ice-hockey to the same extent

Another keyword: "I liked" Past tense. You can stop bull $hiting in your posts....Be a man for once, stop being a girl.

You keep putting your foot in your mouth, or is it something else that you are not explaining to us.

I like, I like, I like....Blah, blah, blah.

AGAIN I'M DONE!!!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 191
Posted: 5/24/2008 4:56:59 AM

you lost this argument a long time ago

There is help with people like who are dealing with psychosis....

why don't you go back to the basement with your cloak and wand and play dungeons and dragons with your girlfriends...

I just might do that, thanks for the idea....

And you can go back and play the Village People with your buddies filling mouth with , while your buddies are singing YMCA to you....Wait minute you already have done that....
 Kaos86
Msg: 192
Posted: 5/24/2008 8:01:28 AM
Kirk
I think I should sue for plagiarism.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 193
Posted: 5/24/2008 8:06:17 AM
Nothing makes sense to you "GUY". Of course you can't read.

This is probably the only thing we can agree about soccer. I know soccer is a sport, soccer is not the dumbest sport, etc....But like you said Euro's made some "ignorant" comments too. If this is what you mean when you say, "I have already lost the argument", then you are waaaaay off track. Do me a favor? Since you have already wasted 30-minutes of your life copy and paste all of the American bashing of soccer. Spend another 30-minutes and copy/paste all Euro comments, so you don't sound "bias".

I'm not responsible for another people's comments, but my own....Go back as far as my first comment I made on this thread.

But I said time and again that US sports were great and that soccer was great and that insulting either is stupid, I spent my time responding to the comments such as those below about soccer:

You also said,

US sports are the only sports that do it and it's arrogant, provincial, bigoted and ignorant...

This is what I have been responding too. Oh and the "Greatest show on earth" comment, that drove you Lickdick.

Difference between you and I is that I grew up around soccer, but I also grew up enjoying US sports. My father, my uncles, and my cousins....soccer, soccer, and more soccer that's all we would do. However, you spend 8 years here in the States, watched a couple of games at the Garden/Fenway and "liked" US sports. I certainly won't question your love for soccer because your comments made it clear.

OK....You can now go back and "HUM" to the songs of the Village People.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 194
Posted: 5/24/2008 7:35:09 PM
One question to you....

Do you proof read before you post?

As for the village people comments...have you actually been sad enough to go onto another dude's profile???? Little scary...stalker here..

Is that all you got? C'mon now you're lucky I don't have you on my favorites. I bet your "lucky charms" that you have checked me out too. I just needed material and you provided it for me....Thanks!

I have clearly said again and again that I don't have a problem with US sports

Blah, blah, blah....Yes you did again and again . And I have caught you in lies. Even pickmynose saw it through. I got witnesses, who do you have? Pedro. You keep speaking for him.

As for growing up around soccer...rather obvious case of an appeal to an irrelevant (and in your case non-existent) authority. It's ad hominem...

Same goes for you stating that you "liked" US sports. And you went to a couple of games at Fenway/Garden.

you admitted that certain things were "silly" and "foolish"

Please read my post correctly....Sheesh. I think I have responded to that....It flew over your head.

Know what? Just apologize and I will forgive you....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 195
Posted: 5/25/2008 6:45:46 AM

Like I said, you lost this argument a LONG time ago, you'll figure it out eventually...then again, maybe you won't

You're very delusional....This is what I meant when I said for you to go seek treatment for psychosis.

I have it in black and white what you wrote and again you keep repeating it like a bro.... br....bro....broken record. You're like a child with a st...st....st....stutter problem.

Again I got a witness that what you have claimed, and what do you got? Nobody here has backed you up, so the ruling would be in my favor. You lied about you "liked" (you wrote that too remember) US sports. Then you lied to get out of lie to claim that you went to games at Fenway/Garden just so you can have people think that you weren't bias. This is my argument and I don't care what you went through prior to our little dispute. And again I'm not responsible for other peoples action.

You quoted me as saying things like provincial and bigoted, HOW can those be ways to descirbe a sport for crying out loud, sports don't have personalities or attitudes...PEOPLE have. I was referring to the people who had ridiculous attitudes towards soccer.

Well thats not how you wrote it....So its too late you already put your foot ( ) in your mouth.

So gobble it down and don't leave any leftovers....gobble, gobble, gobble....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 196
Posted: 5/25/2008 9:20:11 AM

I have diagnosed you twice....I may not have been extremely specific about your psychosis issues, but alcohol abuse is related to your delusional posts.

I also stated this to you:

I know it eats you up a lot when we say it. I know you get angry when we say it, but there are ways to control your emotions “guy”. What you have is a low tolerance for frustration, meaning simply that you feel that you should not be subjected to inconvenience, such as word “World Champs”. You can't take things in stride, and you are particularly infuriated if the situation seems somehow to be unjust: for example, being corrected for a minor mistake drives you Lickdick.

You said,

I lived in the US for 8 years and I loved American sports. I do find the incessant stoppages extremely frustrating.

"I loved" another past tense....You can stop anytime. There is nothing wrong with going to Fenway/Garden watching the games, like my girlfriend does. However you have to understand the game too. Watching batters hit the ball and hockey players passing the puck does not mean you are fan. You probably complained throughout the whole time comparing it to soccer, calling the sport, "arrogant, provincial, bigoted and ignorant" like a whining little girl. Other than that you were only there to sip on your beers and b*tch.

Be a good little wizard now and stop throwing incoherent little tantrums...

Tantrums? I'm laughing through the whole thing.... You're the one thats infuriated.... I'm having a good time pissing you off.
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2008 5:22:06 PM
This argument keeps going back and forth and Limerick claims to have won. Sorry Limerick, but so far I have agreed withe everything wizard has said. I'm not sure if wizard is the clear winner in this argument, but I don't think that you are either.
Limerick I think where you screwed up was when you claimed to be a fan of American sports, but in the same sentence said that NFL was frustrating to watch. you can't be a fan of somthing that you find frustrating to watch. This is where all of your credibility disappeared. Your claim of love for American sports was a ploy to fool others into making you appear to be an objective, unbiased sport's fan, but it didn't work.
Limerick, have you ever played any North American sports. There is a BIG difference than just watching them.Yes I have played soccer and it's not bad, but can get a little boring with the lack of scoring. I am not a good player, but not bad either. I think too many here have commented on sports they have little or no knowledge of. Maybe we should all agree to disagree.

Mark
 wizardofossington
Msg: 200
Posted: 5/25/2008 5:26:32 PM
That is not the argument Crazy.... I'm not comparing soccer and American sports....I'm not comparing which sport is better because I love them both. Somebody in here claims to "loved" our sport, but complains that American sports are ignorant. ****es about the commericals and so on....

I'm not having a bad day....I'm having fun with this, somebody else is having a bad day.

wizardofossington
Msg: 201
Posted: 5/26/2008 9:39:59 AM
Just apologize and I will forgive you for lying....There is nothing wrong with saying one thing and doing another. Everybody does it, except for me of course because I only state the facts.

And please don't ask me, "Where you lied?" because I have showed you over and over again where you screwed up. So just say sorry and then I will believe you that you "like" "love", whatever you are feeling at that moment, US sports.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 202
Posted: 5/26/2008 11:44:54 AM

even when it doesn't make an ounce of sense and they can accuse people without ever ONCE "proving" ANYTHING AT ALL

Again since you are very delusional....I have proved that you lied about you liking US sports over and over again. You used words "liked" and "loved", are you denying that you did not say that? Because you have stated it in several posts. This time don't beat around and just answer the question.

Then you try to change it around that you are a fan, so your posts were justified, but you continued to favor soccer.

If you are a US sports fan then you would not have made a comment about US sports to be "arrogant, provincial, bigoted and ignorant". Then you denied saying it and again turned it around that people like me were arrogant, blah, blah, and blah. Its obvious you have forgotten everything....I have answered almost every post you have made and you continue to bypass everything that I have said by only adding insults.

You continue to claim that you have won this argument.... That I have not proved anything, which I have and you will deny it until the end, but the proof is in the pudding.

Just say sorry and again I will forgive you.... I'm still giving you an opportunity to be my friend.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 203
Posted: 5/26/2008 12:31:28 PM

You admitted that the practice of calling yourself a world champion when you only won a domestic league was "silly" and "foolish".

I never said that....You are lying again. Quote me where I stated that? You are unbelievable and I mean when I say you are delusional....

You have lost this argument and even pickmynose saw it again. You always claim to win every argument not just with me, but with a few others in here too.

The greatest ignorance is one who has all the answers.

The claim that one likes something and the claim that the thing that one likes has problems nonetheless is not inconsistent or contradictory.

Is this your rebuttal?
 wizardofossington
Msg: 204
Posted: 5/26/2008 12:48:41 PM

so not it's not a rebuttal...

And I'm the idiot?

Quote what I really said about ridiculous, silly, or foolish....Don't filter it out breath.

Again trying to lie so you can think that your statements were justified...What a dumb a$$.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 205
Posted: 5/26/2008 12:52:02 PM
Also I am secure about my sexuality....

And its obvious you are too....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 206
Posted: 5/26/2008 2:11:44 PM
Since you don't know how to quote let me do it for you....

You said,

You admitted that the practice of calling yourself a world champion when you only won a domestic league was "silly" and "foolish".

I said,

I never said that....You are lying again. Quote me where I stated that?

You came up with,

"I would have used words like ridiculous, silly, or foolish"

So I said,

Quote what I really said about ridiculous, silly, or foolish....Don't filter it out

And again you would not do so....Because you know you lost this argument too....So you said,

I did quote your EXACT words wandy...do you not remember writing them?

So now I will refresh your memory....

Most of these people were Europeans or lived outside the US. You also stated that a lot of us here in the US agreed calling us “World Champs” is wrong. If this was so, we would have ended it a long time ago. I go to work and there’s guy I know who is a NYG fan and when they won the SB he came in declaring to be “World Champs”. I don’t see anything wrong with it. You’re upset because you feel it takes away from your (our)beloved World Cup and you try to compare it when we say “World Champs”. You take it personal and then refer to US sports to be using words like:

Preposterous
Arrogant
Ignorant
Bigot
Outrageous
Isolationist
Provincial

Quite insulting if you ask me…I would have used words like ridiculous, silly, or foolish; but not what you have quoted, so like I said expect a rebuttal. Calling people here in the US "ignorant" is something we don’t take it likely and you should know that since you claim to have lived here for 6 years or something. Maybe in your country you call each other ignorant and laugh it off, but not here “guy”.

I know it eats you up a lot when we say it. I know you get angry when we say it, but there are ways to control your emotions “guy”. What you have is a low tolerance for frustration, meaning simply that you feel that you should not be subjected to inconvenience, such as word “World Champs”. You can't take things in stride, and you are particularly infuriated if the situation seems somehow to be unjust: for example, being corrected for a minor mistake drives you Lickdick.

How can you say that I admitted to saying that....Never did....I was only hinting to you to use better wording toward American sports (Constructive criticism). Do YOU not read? "Numbnuts".

You lost this argument too....You can give up now and apologize. I'm waiting....You know what you don't even have to say it on this thread you can secretly email me and I will accept.

It seems that everytime you "refute" you always end it with insults, never facts. So, so sad.... My feelings are hurt....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 208
Posted: 5/26/2008 2:33:37 PM

Will you two just get a room already. Seems to me you guys should kiss and make up or get married.

"Get a room", "Get a room"....Is that all you are going to say Crazy on every thread?

If this was a soccer game I would have scored 20 goals to his 0....

World Champs baby!!!!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 209
Posted: 5/26/2008 2:43:21 PM
Read it again....

Most of these people were Europeans or lived outside the US. You also stated that a lot of us here in the US agreed calling us “World Champs” is wrong. If this was so, we would have ended it a long time ago. I go to work and there’s guy I know who is a NYG fan and when they won the SB he came in declaring to be “World Champs”. I don’t see anything wrong with it. You’re upset because you feel it takes away from your (our)beloved World Cup and you try to compare it when we say “World Champs”. You take it personal and then refer to US sports to be using words like:

Preposterous
Arrogant
Ignorant
Bigot
Outrageous
Isolationist
Provincial

Quite insulting if you ask me…I would have used words like ridiculous, silly, or foolish; but not what you have quoted, so like I said expect a rebuttal. Calling people here in the US "ignorant" is something we don’t take it likely and you should know that since you claim to have lived here for 6 years or something. Maybe in your country you call each other ignorant and laugh it off, but not here “guy”.

I know it eats you up a lot when we say it. I know you get angry when we say it, but there are ways to control your emotions “guy”. What you have is a low tolerance for frustration, meaning simply that you feel that you should not be subjected to inconvenience, such as word “World Champs”. You can't take things in stride, and you are particularly infuriated if the situation seems somehow to be unjust: for example, being corrected for a minor mistake drives you Lickdick

Stop changing it around....
 wizardofossington
Msg: 210
Posted: 5/26/2008 3:10:48 PM
The argument is that I proved that you are not a US sports fan....

Why do you keep jumping off the topic?
 wizardofossington
Msg: 214
Posted: 5/27/2008 12:41:28 AM

I said from the very outset that I am a fan of US sports but that I thought it was silly to refer to a domestic league winner as a world champion. So how exactly does that make me not a fan?

Here we go again....

If you were a US sports fan....How come I don't see you post anything on any US sport threads here on POF. I will tell you why? You are not a US sports fan....Stop lying.

I know you went to a couple of games at Fenway/Garden....I have heard it over and over again, but it doesn't mean you are a fan....
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 8:25:58 AM
kirk763, I'm glad you are admitting that your knowledge of North American sports is limited and that you're not really a fan. Like you said this is also true when North Americans comment on soccer. All of us really should limit our comments on sports we have little or no knowledge of. I admit I am not a true soccer fan but I have played it many times, I just find it less interesting to North American sports. I am, however, trying and have subscribed to a sports channel that has soccer and am planning on watching the Euro Cup. This is a small step for me. I do find it odd that so many Europeans are so defensive when someone bashes soccer. Usually when someone bashes a sport they also support their comment by giving a reason why they don't like it. It seems that the Europeans response is to bash an American sport, but not giving a valid reason eg. Football(NFL) sucks because they wear helmets and padding. Is this a reason why the sport sucks? of course not.

Mark
 wizardofossington
Msg: 216
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:02:47 AM
Oh I see....You are a part-time US sports fan....When you feel the need to be a US sports fan. Gotcha!

And, while I lived in Boston, I followed baseball in particular quite closely and watched pretty much every game (went to quite a few as well) because I fell in love with it.

Are you sure its not "loved"?

The only soccer I follow is the Portuguese BwinLiga....Benfica, FC Porto and Sporting. You musted have heard them before. I am a Sporting fan. I also "love" watching the Euro Cup and World Cup. Its a shame we have to wait every 4 years. I can't stand the EPL, but love how Man Utd won the UEFA Champion for only one reason, Ronaldo, hate Rooney. It was disappointig he missed that kick. The outcome on that game had me on my toes because I thought Chelsea was going to win it after Ronaldo missed. I love it when it goes down to the penalty shootout.

My knowledge of soccer is quite more advanced than your US sports....
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:12:23 AM
My knowledge of soccer is probably more than Kirk's as well. What I don't like about soccer comes down to 2 things. 1 not enough scoring or chances for that matter and2. penalty kicks deciding a game. After playing for 90 minutes as a team and then having penalty kicks where the goal keeper has to guess and hope for the best which way to dive. You might as well toss a coin to decide the winner and that in my opinion is no way to decide a game.

Mark
 wizardofossington
Msg: 218
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:43:26 AM

You can't get baseball on tv in Ireland so I don't pretend that I'm still up on what the rotation is for the Red Sox etc...

There is always Dish Network.... Or any satellite provider you might have in Ireland.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >