Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ramcharger
Msg: 41
view profile
History
do you avoid profiles with spelling and/or grammar errors?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
mi spulllchucker haznt werkd sinz I wend to winders xpeeeeeeee

garyo1954
Msg: 42
view profile
History
do you avoid profiles with spelling and/or grammar errors?
Posted: 4/16/2005 8:58:04 PM
I am taking names and starting a thread, "Looking for Mr. Spell-check,"
"Wanted: English Teacher," "Ingleesh Professer Onlii Kneed Applelie."
 ramcharger
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2005 9:03:05 PM
Dayuuum if you find fault witha person over spelling or gramar you sound like one picky beeotch and thanks for passing me over....make a note...misspell more often...keeeps picky beeotches away........
 Missy
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/16/2005 9:06:17 PM
<---changed her occupation to profile spell checker.....ayite?
 YamIhere
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2005 12:26:05 PM
I don't profile surf, but I do put a premium on correct use of the language. I don't mind some of the Internet jargon "IMO," "TY" and so on. But using the language correctly is important to me. I would say 75% of my pet peeves have to do with proper writing or speaking.
 dapi_editor
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2005 1:32:39 PM
As most of the women I'm trying to talk to are not from English speaking countries, I guess some leeway is required. But, if she starts writing in Kanji (Chinese or Japanese characters) and makes bad mistakes, that's another story. The inakamono or swakhu girls (uneducated country girls) are the ones who are really desperate and will lie or say anything to get out of the country.

Edinjapan
Fish....More than just sushi
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:55:20 AM
As I live in the south I can't just pass on everyone with spelling errors. The three people that are left are either to young or not my type.
 sammysalt1
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/16/2006 1:33:09 PM
If people advoid people based on spelling then they might be missing out on knowing some really good people. I'm just here for the forums, and don't go searching in people profiles, unless they are in the forums.

I will say some words that I know how to spell.
I steal misspell them on here alot.
Hit the wrong buttons are in the wrong order.
Some times I even put a different word than I meant to, and I don't know it right away.

I did that in a e-mail today. When I sent it and reread it. I thought how in the world did I do that. So it happens.
(My spelling sucks big time, and I know it.) I am a really nice person, and if you pass up someone else as nice as me based on spelling. Then its your loss. That person would of been worth knowing. (Thats just my two cents worth for this forum.)
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/26/2007 2:27:24 AM
Grammar is very important to me . Double negatives are the worst, followed closely by propositions at the end of sentence[ WHERE DOES SHE LIVE {AT}?] . Just drives me crazy . In a chatroom or a thread , its a little more acceptable because you are using those more often. On your profile , its a big no no , because you have time to check and I would think you would want to make your best impression. Another thing is when people misspell easy words like lose ... they spell it loose, or prefer ... they spell it perfer, and it looks like a 6 year old wrote the word .
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/26/2007 2:48:06 AM
Oops I made a grammar error its PREPOSITION
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >