Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Renting A Husband      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chilean Sea Bass
Msg: 26
Renting A Husband Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
ya i'm a handy man too ladies. i'll nail a few things around your house and then when i put away the lumber you can cook me some grits. sounds like one heck of a deal to me !

c'mon ! what a scam ! there is no renting husbands. you ladies either have to learn how to do these things yourself or find out whats keeping men from wanting to live with you. now you'll get all offended and shriek, but the fact remains if you can't attract a good man, then just complain about them not existing. way to create your own reality ! lol
 BrnEyesLostMind
Msg: 27
Renting A Husband
Posted: 2/28/2007 10:54:42 PM

So if you are a good cook and need something fixed don't hesitate to ask.

Like I said before...I can think of a couple of things that need fixing(and yes, I can cook).

But will he leave the hat on!!!!????
 Coastergal
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Renting A Husband
Posted: 2/28/2007 11:17:14 PM
LOL wouldn't that be like HONEY Do me lists?

-Fix the garbage disposal- hand job
-Fix the electrical problem- blow job

HMMM I better not go on!!! LOL
 weefishee
Msg: 29
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 12:46:13 AM
I am a pipelayer. Yes I do night-shifts. Where did you see the ad?
 weefishee
Msg: 30
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 12:54:53 AM
Barter? I think the term is "symbiosis". You do something for me and I do something for you in return. No? I raelly had to think about it the first time I saw the ad myself. No I am not the original author. Sure got a chuckle outta me though. (and a grin)
 weefishee
Msg: 31
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 12:56:21 AM
Barter? I think the term is "symbiosis". You do something for me and I do something for you in return. No? I raelly had to think about it the first time I saw the ad myself. No I am not the original author. Sure got a chuckle outta me though. (and a grin)
It would have to come with a lengthy disclaimer perhaps. Nice to traval with an ad like that too I guess. I believe the liquor is flowing tonight. That is normal but look at the flavour of threads this peculiar evening.
 g scoot
Msg: 32
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:05:52 AM
is it that i am not working this right, i help out my lady friends with nothing wanted in return but a smile. Are the gentle man not out there any more. Please don't let me thing i am the only guy that will help a lady out and not want anything in return.
Come on guys speak up, we are not all out to get something for helping out are we?
 thirstyhursty
Msg: 33
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:06:06 AM
Only if asked nicely!
 thirstyhursty
Msg: 34
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:12:06 AM
Yes there are still gentlemen out there and i quite pride myself on being one of them. Most people don't understand that there are people like us that don't ask for anything in return. Doing nice things for people is it's own reward because it makes me feel good to help others. Wish there were more of us out there.
 andiedandie
Msg: 35
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 4:11:25 AM
^^^^ Hmmmm..... I think I"m suddenly very thristy.... and seeing as he's a gentleman...I dont' have to rent him... just ask him to bring me my drink!
 ms.belladona
Msg: 36
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 5:47:11 AM
Even though there are alot of things I can manage and have learned to do on my own, that are usually foreign to my gender... I'd prefer a man to come over and fix the leaking faucet, build the back deck and a new shed...etc., and I certainly do not mind helping with that and perhaps learning a thing or two. In return I can cook a great dinner, with meals to take home, some baked goods and all your buttons on your shirts...they'll even match... no holes in your jeans..etc.

It's a great idea and everyone gets that little bit of comfort that the other provides and everyone's happy.
 canada_he
Msg: 37
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 6:19:32 AM
A month back or so I did helped a woman fix shelves in her closet. She did cooked nice dinner for me. She is a POFer which I learned when she wanted to invite me to the pof new yr event. I met her at a club a while back and became friend. I do get calls from her when she needs help with computers, usually the problem is resolved over phone. Anyhow by attending pof or other events you meet people and become friends etc. What are the friends are for? To share good/bad times and to help each other out with things and advices etc. And its not that only women need help from a guy with fixing stuff etc, a lot of times guys need other male friends to help out with stuff etc. That's how a good society works. Fixing these kinds of things should be free without even expecting a dinner in return. A coffee or tea should be sufficient. But if you call a guy only at times when you need something to be fixed then this setup fails.

I don't think there's any reason for this thread to be here unless one is asking for intimate favors in return.
 nrk
Msg: 38
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 6:20:35 AM
haha

this could never work for me...I'm too picky and impatient to wait for someone else to get 'er done so I've just learned to do things for myself. not that I don't ask for advice and/or help when a job is beyond my current understanding but I find a great deal of satisfaction in knowing I can do whatever I set my mind to. and I enjoy helping others with projects around their homes, too.

what is more difficult is letting others do for me...much harder to be a gracious receiver than a giver!

that being said, there are many projects around my house that would take five times as long to accomplish if it weren't for my SO. lucky thing he is patient enough to put up with my nit-pickiness and doesn't feel threatened when I just go ahead and do what needs to be done (especially if it involves going into the crawl space! )
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 39
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 7:03:00 AM
as for the poster 2 up, this post is NOT here for 'intimate favours', that offer is NOT lacking from the 'guy fishies' on this site... although many of us women DO need a man to do some work, so get your mind out of the gutter, and get up the ladder and clean my gutters...

seriously... guys, great meals..... mending down... some of us do need help with the 'manly chores' (some women really can do their own)

or are there NOT as many gentlemen out there as I imagine there to be? pondering that thought now
 un-leashed
Msg: 40
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 7:20:50 AM
I agree H & P.. sometimes there are just some guy things that we can not do! Sometimes we do need help with the manly chores when we own our own homes.

Now, if I was renting an apartment or something, I am sure I could manage nicely doing all the guy stuff and there would not be anything that I could not manage. But when we are responsible for all the repairs, etc, would be nice to have a man to help out.... and intimate favors are not involved.... geesh!
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 41
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 8:14:23 AM
I know that there are lots of gentlemen out there as there are lots of gentlewomen. Friends helping friends is what it's all about.

Yes, women are in most cases as capable as a man for most chores/repairs but once in a while we ALL run into something that we could use a little help with. The real tough part is asking for or accepting help. The give and take of friends, without any expectation of "reward" is where we would all like to be.

My feeling is that it is a spirit of "community" that we seek, just like the "old fashioned" barn raising parties of days gone by, friends and neighbours helping one another just to make it a better place to be.
 whodeletedme
Msg: 42
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:29:05 AM
heck I'd just want to rent a guy to COOK and clean for me not the other way around I am happy to do the yardwork, painting etc.

BCOzzies' line of thinking is so right, all the benefits?? and no sex hahah sounds like marriage to me!
Sadly I have found that most of the guys who have offered to help saying they "knew" how to fix something ( yes they had good intentions) were far worse at the job than I was~ since I had to go back and redo it!
Lesson learned,...Just DO IT MYSELF or actually HIRE a professional that truly comes WITH a guarantee.
 FluffyPinkCuffs
Msg: 43
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:32:01 AM
renting? uhm... no thanks...

Im the type that when I want something done, it was YESTERDAY... so Ive learned to do things myself. I hate 'waiting' around.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 44
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:39:20 AM
When I had a house

and a husband

I still did it myself
 K3VLAR
Msg: 45
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:44:26 AM
I don't know about renting myself out as a husband??????????????????
anyone need a "boy-toy"?????????????????????

You can keep me chained up in the basement.
Just remember to bring down a bowl of food, (preferably some fresh fruits to keep me tasting sweet), on occaission
 viking_gal
Msg: 46
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:17:51 PM
Isnt that what Dads and Brothers are for... lol Ok I admit I have guy friends that I 'use' for stuff like car shopping and not wanting to be taken advantage of... or moving heavy furniture when I get the idea to redecorate etc... I dont know that I would use a service
 ya472
Msg: 47
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:21:26 PM
For the first couple of years as a Renovation Carpenter, I felt somewhat intimidated and concened when working for the Wife. Her husband would likely come home from work and double-check everything I did, and criticize the product. Or maybe he would feel threatened by a 'man' being in his house with his wife.

It didn't take long to find out the husbands often made themselves scarce.

His wife knew what she wanted, the 'carpenter' knew his job, and everyone was happy.

I still find it amusing though.

(the wife wears the pants, and I am not sexually interested in that !) (cash is better)
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 48
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:32:59 PM
Most contractors don't want to do the 'liddly little' chores that require doing. The wait list is months long... I can and will pay cash for work, but, again NOONE is doing these small chores. As for having 'ex-husband, dads and brothers, not everyone has one available or helpful. So, again, the call goes out..... "Rent a husband" meals, mending, baking... what else? I need some stuff done and so do other LADIES on this site. Surely there are talented handymen out there that are gentlemen too.
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:33:58 PM
I HAVE A FEW MALE FRIENDS WHO I RECRUIT REGULARLY FOR ODD JOBS. I IN TURN COOK A GREAT MEAL AND IT WORKS WELL! I CAN PLAY HELPLESS FEMALE VERY WELL WHEN NEEDED AND IT MAKES THEM HAPPY TO OBLIGE! HEHEHE XMAS LIGHTS, BROKEN BANISTERS, LIGHT FIXTURES, MOVING FURNITURE WHATEVER WORKS AND ITS ALL GOOD!
 un-leashed
Msg: 50
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 1:52:04 PM

So, again, the call goes out..... "Rent a husband" meals, mending, baking

I do not play the helpless female , there is alot of stuff that I CAN do. I have always done my own painting, picture hanging, yard work, etc, etc.. as a matter of fact I have a full set of my own tools.

There are alot of things I have no knowledge about and would not hesitate to ask for help, as a matter of fact I have done this often. I have a "Telus" friend who fixed all my phone jacks in the upstairs of my house in return for a nice chicken dinner and bottle of wine.

What I really really need a "rent a husband" to do is go into my crawlspace (with all those spiders....ewwwwwwww) and bring out my summer stuff.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Renting A Husband