Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Renting A Husband      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sofasophia
Msg: 51
Renting A Husband Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
ah, yes, renting a husband for a blue job.
i have more than a few of those that need doing.
now, there's a matchmaking scheme.
 weefishee
Msg: 52
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:18:45 PM
Would it suprise any of the women here that a lot of the guys can sew buttons, cook for themselves and, yes clean up after themselves(to some degree). I do NOT have my mind in the gutter. yet.
Desert? Can you do ambrosia? Can I show you. See? So where does this really end and start? Who's doing 'who for what' or is that 'what for who' I work in dirt. The west coast does have two things always: leaky roofs and basements. I do fix both. And both are very costly so how do you barter that?
 ms.belladona
Msg: 53
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/2/2007 5:51:58 AM
^^^and women can fix roofs, drywall, plumb, paint, ....you name it they can do it just as well as a man can sew on a button, clean a house or make ambrosia for dessert...but wouldn't it be nice to not have to climb down off the roof you just fixed, cook dinner, clean up and sew on buttons ....lol

I think this is more about men and women helping each other out in ways that they feel very confident about....that's all.
 hazy444
Msg: 54
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/2/2007 6:47:36 AM
I want a husband ...rented or otherwises!!
Once upon a time , Friends were that kind of help.

Male friends...hummmmmm

My very first POF meeting....he came over , after much
pleading on my part, and he installed a new alternator in my
car......
but he wouldn't be a friend afterwards

????????

regardless. I am forever grateful to him.....

Ch33tah
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/2/2007 9:18:25 AM
I could so totally go for this...why not!!! I have things I need done around my house that I just can't do by myself! i.e. Door hung on my office, new roof on my garage, french doors to my living room....I would happily trade off rent a wife jobs (No not that...unless your really cute!) for rent a husband jobs ;-)
 thrashweed
Msg: 56
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/2/2007 3:59:54 PM
i was a rental "boyfriend" once. when jeff was away i ended up being the rental for 2 weeks. had a few parties to attend and anita didn't want to go alone......." hey rental i need a " heard that a few dozen times...... it was fun tho but the pub called me "rental" for weeks afterwards..............
 NeptuneDreamGirl
Msg: 57
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/2/2007 5:46:31 PM

Would it suprise any of the women here that a lot of the guys can sew buttons, cook for themselves and, yes clean up after themselves(to some degree).

It wouldn't surprise me at all. I think the roles are beginning to intermingle. It's nice when a man can cook, and all the rest of the domesticated stuff. I think of it as people in general (not gender based). Some people are good at certain things, other people have talents and skills that lie elsewhere. Ie: I like to build things and use power tools, but I also like to garden, and cook.

I am completely self sufficient, especially when it comes to some of the more (typically) male type of stuff. The only time I would need help is if something was too heavy, or you need more than two hands for a task.

But ideally, I would like to build and maintain a home with a partner. I look at it as a team effort. You do the dishes today, I do them tomorrow. I change the oil this time, next time, it's your turn. I, personally, enjoy learning new things, so anything I can learn from someone is totally appreciated.

HamNPineapple
Msg: 58
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/2/2007 6:36:49 PM
I too have learned a lot of things, gyp roc fillling (yes, i know that's NOT how you spell it, but hookt on fawnix workt fur me), sanding, putting on light switches, etc, but haven't seen anyone put up different light fixture, show me one, I will do the rest in my place. Also, I have a blown pipe.. later, i will want to use that garden hose connected to that pipe, and the working plumbers prefer BIG jobs, not just piddly stuff.

Picture, I can hang, just some are heavy paintings...... I learnt a lot, just need a helping hand.

Soooo, this is my next propositon. I will host breakfast, lunch and supper... have over like three guys... do all my chores in a day... my girlfriends and I will prepare great meals, mend your stuff, entertain you with our wit for the day......

Any takers?

Anyone else need stuff done? Here is your chance... What do you need? what will YOU offer?
 *Q*
Msg: 59
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/2/2007 6:40:02 PM
I already own a man slave (non-sexual). He carries any purchases and walks 4 paces behind me.

I am more handy than he is so he is mainly just used for lifting heavy things.
 NeptuneDreamGirl
Msg: 60
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/2/2007 6:49:02 PM
Sounds like a fun idea Ham! If I lived in your neck of the puddle I'd be in for sure.

Everyone puts on the table what they need help with, then figure out who can do what for whom. A collaboration of sorts. That way everyone gets stuff done. Cool.

e-wok
Msg: 61
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/2/2007 7:40:28 PM
Cool idea wish I thought of it..........I normally hire Molly-Maid to do the
house cleaning...like scrubbing down the toilet, stuff like that - Rent a Wife??
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 62
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/2/2007 7:42:51 PM
Sure, works both ways.

Guys, you can make a list of stuff YOU want doing .... and what you are willing to offer in trade. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
 CANDOR1
Msg: 63
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/3/2007 1:39:20 AM

Can't imagine anything I can't do myself and would need a man to do .

Hey? I'm for rent!

And anything you can do ...I can do better. What I mean is...having it done just the way you like it, but by someone else's hands...is always better.

Candor 4 rent...Cheep!
 cheries30
Msg: 64
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/10/2007 7:45:31 PM
carefull what u wish for cowboy...im always up for meeting new people....ive always thought it would be a good busniess venture to "rent"out your handy man services and would have paid good money on numerous occasions over the years to have some dude come over fix stuff and have dinner with me.......so ummmm i can cook......and i have a few things on my to do list......;) what days good for you...lol
 Meeka
Msg: 65
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/11/2007 1:11:19 AM
I have a rental computer guy, he works for dinner and excellent company. Unfortunately he is in Vancouver still and I'm now on the rock. I also have a rental handiman that lives in the next building over, though he generally just provides me with the tools and I do the work myself. He is handy to have around when it comes to lifting big things though...
 yayawhatever
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Renting A Husband
Posted: 3/11/2007 1:39:14 AM
No need here. If something breaks, I just call my landlady! The stove didn't work properly, I got a new one. I complained about the fridge after defrosting it, and I got a new one!

Women rock!

I only need a man to do the dishes after dinner! Okay Okay.. and snuggling.. but.. you can't rent that.
 vichycycl
Msg: 67
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/15/2007 8:02:10 PM
I need a woman to play the submissive role sometimes and the handy girl with a tool belt (and nothing else, 'ba-dum chuck') on at other times. These performances would lose all their charm if they were done for recompense.

The only problem with this idea (barter, essentially), regardless of the gender-role issues, is that the tax collector doesn't like being left out of the party.

What a freaking great idea. I will do anything for snuggles. ("I was legitimately unaware the prostitute was an undercover police officer in diguise.")
 Pantherrrrr642001
Msg: 68
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/15/2007 8:11:10 PM
Don't need to rent a husband but what I DO need to use for a bit is his tool.
~edit~ acckkkk that sounded sooo wrong.... I meant I need to borrow his toolS!!
oh n/m I am just digging myself a deeper hole.
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 69
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/15/2007 9:01:05 PM
I finally found a great handyman..... he can do all sorts of jobs around the house... and a true gentleman.

good luck all.
 rockondon
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/15/2007 9:57:51 PM
ha ha what rates do they go for? Do they go by the pound?
 Pantherrrrr642001
Msg: 71
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/15/2007 11:14:38 PM
^^ might be better than by the inch!! hahahahahaha
ohhhhhh hahahah even better it says messages this short may not be posted! TFF!
 kimmie747
Msg: 72
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/16/2007 12:17:43 AM
You are such a loser
 kimmie747
Msg: 73
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/16/2007 12:18:44 AM
good for you...these guys are all losers...i am outta here
 Pucks
Msg: 74
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/16/2007 12:23:21 AM
^^^^^Dont let the door hit you on the way out.
As for the thread topic i am for hire...apply within..LOL
 Asassylady
Msg: 75
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/16/2007 2:17:14 AM
Hey Pucks,
Are you mobile or restricted to local work only?
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Renting A Husband