Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Renting A Husband      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pucks
Msg: 76
Renting A Husband Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
LMAO,
oh im mobile lol but ummm openings are filling up fast.
 venusflytrap
Msg: 77
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/25/2007 8:55:43 PM
Can you find me one I can nag just for fun so I can pretend for a day I have a husband???
 Dizzabella
Msg: 78
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/26/2007 4:16:26 PM
Hmm; let's see... I need a new roof, windows, boiler, two doors, flooring, a tub surround... I don't iron, I can sew a button on; sort of...
 Dyan
Msg: 79
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/27/2007 12:05:51 AM
SO, you mean it's kinda like the Barter system...Trade ~Trades~

I am totally in for this one, I have a way overgrown back yard..including ravine, ...and I could Barter with some handsome & handy landscapers....
in return I will host a BBQ, and feed you well. Beers are possible too!!
 The Handy Guy
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/27/2007 6:19:55 AM
Im a builder and a reno guy....Been there did that if i can not do it then i hire a pro to do it.....
Barter yea i could def use some pants fixed or a button reattached to a few shirts.....

I usually end up cooking at the friends get together so cooking not so bad but def always nice to not have to cook......

Did the BF thing for a girl and i think i def lost on that deal she got the house with a brand new suite in it , I got the door......

But i def have heard of some girls getting taken by the contractors they have hired to do work which really pisses me off......

So i def have to charge sometimes as i keep pretty busy fixing other ppls mistakes or doing it for a lot less than any of them would...

Theres my Thoughts
 ~Anicca~
Msg: 81
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/27/2007 8:47:22 AM
Rent me a husband...hell ya!!...Need someone to wash the vinyl siding and fix the gate...will cook, clean, sew, look after pets while you are on vacation or at work, do your gardening, ...make me a deal I can't refuse!!!LOL

This renting thing...cheaper than buying right? The last one I bought cost me way too much money
 portuguese_mommie
Msg: 82
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/27/2007 8:57:58 AM
i'm sure we can find many guys out here that want to be rented out for free
 valleyjavastop
Msg: 83
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/27/2007 11:45:49 AM
rent a husband ?sounds like a plan but hmm whats this about a meal ? only food ,we didnt look after things for food ladies..
 samadongshi2
Msg: 84
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/27/2007 11:46:50 AM
never will i ever ask my ex to anything for me again!
he will deliberately screw things up to make me angry as he is passive aggressive and CODEPENDANT! arghhhhhhhhh!
I have enuf male friends on this great pond that have just as equal talents in their ability to fix things, renovations, handy etc. Most of the men in my age bracket and some younger ones r incredibily talented and can swing a few tools with great precision.
I can swing a few tools around as well but not confident enough to know what i am doing. However, i do like to learn about doing renovations etc but also can learn about the person as well if i am interested in to see what their frustration level is like.
If they r easily frustrated and cursing a blue streak at the slightest imperfection then i know they r not for me as that can be construed what they seek in a companion as well.
I will NOT live up to anyone's expectations or will not fit into their cookie cutter mold.
I prefer to be a polished tool with a few rust spots....... mmmmmm now that's a contraction in terms ..........arghhhhhhhhh!
 Sadora1
Msg: 85
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/28/2007 5:52:11 AM
I just recently bought a 100 year old craftsman house that needs a lot of renovations. Most of the work I can do myself, but some of it is beyond my expertise or abilities....I had a rent a husband (someone I considered a friend and who was experienced in renovating character homes) he came by a few Saturdays, did some of the jobs I couldn't do...then I gave him some $$$ to purchase windows and supplies, last time I ever saw him...over a month now. So now I'm out the money and the stuff he was supposed to buy. Trusting...yes I am. Rich, I am not. So now here I am in a house 1/2 done, no money and kicking myself in the ass.

Mike Holmes...where are you?

Rent a husband...yes I would cautiously do it again, and NO I don't sew buttons, mend clothing or stroke egos....but if you need a deer skinned and butchered, someone to put the worm on your hook or a fish gutted I'm your gal.
 Tyeee
Msg: 86
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/28/2007 7:21:19 AM
Hmmm, the Home Depot slogan comes to mind. "You can do it. We can help."

Tyeee
 canadianredneck
Msg: 87
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/28/2007 12:23:18 PM
So is it a day/night rate or hourly? Performance bonus ? lol If its a contract, I'll be sure to read the fine print this time!
 Sadora1
Msg: 88
Renting A Husband
Posted: 7/31/2007 6:24:33 AM
Well I found another rent a husband...cept he's single....think things might be going my way for once.

not spongebob square pant
Msg: 89
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/2/2007 9:46:58 AM
list of things I need done cheap:

1) fix leaking faucet
2) replace kitchen floor
3) paint ceilings in 2 rooms
4) redo the deck
5) put worm on hook...LOL
6) take fish off hook...LOL
7) repair hole in wall from last guy I hired
8) tighten laminite flooring from last guy I hired to put in new floor
9) do book-keeping....LOL
10) do taxes....LOL
11) put new floor in basement suite
12) paint basement suite
13) put in central air
14) fix suv
15) put up new gate
16) do maintainance on jetski
17) put in new windows
18) redo roof

Good help is hard to find.....Guess I better get busy or sell and buy new
 Tyeee
Msg: 90
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/2/2007 1:04:15 PM

5) put worm on hook...LOL
6) take fish off hook...LOL

I can certainly assist removing fish from hook, actually prefer to remove hook from the fish and will then gladly administer the humane act with the fish bonker. I'll then ensure the catch goes all the way through the line from fish box, to cleaning table, to dinner plate (yumm) and surplus to the freezer or canner or smoker.

Fortunately I don't need worms out here... mostly use artificial lures or if using bait use herring or anchovies.

So will you do my mending and ironing, dusting, vacuuming (all chores I hate for some inexplicable reason appear to be entirely incapable of)?

Tyeee
Msg: 91
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/2/2007 1:59:15 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^NOT for just a worm.....

To the poster below me:

I always throw my fish back!....LOL.... and I beg to differ with you about worms when the topic is about "renting a husband not the size of his worm"......LOL...however, since you changed the subject, I am a firm believer in size does matter....got a problem with that? ......LOL.....and I believe I get the last say as you can only post twice.....LOL

EDIT: and I would rather have my deck re-built.....LOL.....by a rented husband or by any other means...I think I may even try it myself in the fall...
 Tyeee
Msg: 92
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/2/2007 2:05:34 PM
LOL

You drive a hard bargain.

This brings to mind a t-shirt once received as a gift. The graphic showed a poor worm struggling on a hook.
The caption was, if memory serves correct
"Its not how deep you fish. Its how you wiggle your worm!"

Tyeee
Msg: 93
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/3/2007 7:20:05 PM
I can post again

oh shyt we were taking about renting husbands....there i go off topic again.....so just so i dont get shyt from the mods....renting a husband is ok if they know what there doing so good point poster above me....see my mind was in the gutter again

Thank god its Friday!
 huggie33
Msg: 94
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/3/2007 9:25:47 PM
this site don. tell you were i live in kelowna and you
 red riddin hood
Msg: 95
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/4/2007 11:05:15 PM
I agree with the barter system totaly, but what's wrong with you gals? Can't you do these sorts of things for yourself? But maybe that's why I'm still single, I don't need to be rescued- no offence-
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 96
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/5/2007 9:35:58 AM
I needed drywalling, tub enclosure, new flooring, i can do some little stuff, and NO I don't need to be rescued.... I did find a handyman, and I have a great job, so it was 'handy' for me just to pay him.

Nothing wrong with this girl....
 The Handy Guy
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/24/2007 6:00:18 PM
LOL yea we all tend to get off topic in these things.....
To bad im in Kelowna sponge or id def see what i can do to help fix those things.....
Msg: 98
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/24/2007 6:35:33 PM
nothing wrong with us were just busy enjoying life the way we like to enjoy it....however I do own one hammer and one multi-screwdriver . and kelownasingleguy thanks, that was nice. I will pay your gas down. Bring tools...LOL and sadora we should go fishing one day.

Maybe someone can answer this question for free: (LOL)

When you have burnt marks around the plate on the socket cover from where air-conditioner plugs in and breaker keeps getting thrown does that mean I need to up my ampage by the braker box or what does it mean? And please dont say it means I may electricute myself trying to fix it...I already know that....LOL

The Handy Guy
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/24/2007 7:19:55 PM
roflmao focroflmao still lol...........
usually means that the circuit is faulty...ether the AC unit is bad or the house wiring has a ground fault in it some place.....
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 100
Renting A Husband
Posted: 9/29/2007 1:03:35 PM
now my heating doesn't work, and there is NO power to my fireplace... i need curtain rods hung... am willing to cook full course meal, turkey and trimmings, or? any 'rent a husbands" out there interested?
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Renting A Husband