Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Renting A Husband      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 musing1
Msg: 151
Renting A Husband Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I'm new to POF.. came across the streams and streams of responses to this one.. and cracked right up laughing! Talk about a lesson in the differences between men and women! Also, if anyone is doing research on communication.. this is a good series of .. well, not so .. um...

Ham, you started with a great idea. Unfortunate so many didn't understand the concept. "Rent a Husband" is a brilliant business.. hiring a handyman to do chores around the house is exactly what a lot of women need. I prefer to do my own repairs and then either call the repairman to fix what I did, or live with a repair that I was 'sure I'd done right' but that still doesn't function all that well. I glued a hinge to my cupboard the other day because I just couldn't get the screws to stay in.

Imagine though if some woman tried to start a 'rent a wife' business for cooking, sewing etc. She'd be shut down for opening a prostitution business. Because if this series of responses is any indication, that's all she'd be contacted for.

I didn't read all the posts... but I just wanted to give you kudos, ham, for putting out there what seemed like a idea full of potential!
 whitetigeress
Msg: 152
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 7:56:27 AM
the more guys i meet the more i think
i'm happy to be.......................me

<-----Superwoman
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 8:30:26 AM
^^^^ that doesn't sound like the gal that wrote:

"ive been single so long the thought of it ending scares the living beegeezess out of me"
think about it, the rental idea may just work for you...either as therapy or a long term concept
 Wind Chimez
Msg: 154
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 10:20:32 AM
Why the heck would someone want to rent a husband?

The good thing about renting is that you can go shopping and actually pick someone that is useful and knows what they are doing....

I vote to change the "rent a husband" to rent a "handyman" - he who is willing and capable with his hands.
 Yappy lil Pine Needle
Msg: 155
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 10:27:24 AM

Why the heck would someone want to rent a husband

I could think of a couple reasons
 Yappy lil Pine Needle
Msg: 156
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 10:27:58 AM

Why the heck would someone want to rent a husband

I could think of a couple reasons and then send him home after
 Ticketoride
Msg: 157
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 11:11:53 AM
Have you seen those advertisements "Rent A Husband" ? I am getting a list of things that need doing... and would be willing to 'pay' with a meal etc..

Just a Handyman Industry ... Home Maintenance, Repair and Improvement, etc. with the added Bonus of drooling over Butt Cracks and other appealing Visuals ...

The Name also suggests Nagging, Whining, Self-Pity and other Drama will be accepted by the assumed-to-be bachelor Workmen, along with an added Control Factor of "Now do this, then do that".

What Wife is gonna let her Husband work for an Outfit called "Rent A Husband"?

Most Ladies would feel a little embarrassed having a Handyman come out from some Outfit Name like "Rent A Husband" if they are hitched and implies maybe a little more than just Home Repair, evoking yet other Hopes. Nice Marketing Angle catering to yet other Needs ...

"Flash-U Home Services Ltd." or "Full-Thrust Maintenance Inc." Business Registration Names are still up for Grabs, so early Birds get the Worm ... lol
 XHTML
Msg: 158
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 11:38:29 AM
Have you seen this website?

http://www.rentahusband.com/
 Wind Chimez
Msg: 159
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 11:44:53 AM
Ok Tyee I went and checked it out...Kaile is a cousin of fellow Maine author, Stephen King!

Brings the book " Needful things" to mind... hope the insanity doesn't run in the family - yikes

whitetigeress
Msg: 160
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 12:05:48 PM
the more guys i meet the more i think
i'm happy to be.......................me
<-----Superwoman

Mountain Lion 1
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 826 AM
^^^^ that doesn't sound like the gal that wrote:

"ive been single so long the thought of it ending scares the living beegeezess out of me"
think about it, the rental idea may just work for you...either as therapy or a long term concept

mountainlion.. that is exactly the same woman! its true .. the more i am alone the more i am happy to be alone and the thought of someone taking up my space does shiver me timbers lol
the fact that i can take care of myself, my home and my kids alone makes me superwoman
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 161
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 12:52:52 PM
I've raised my kids alone for the last ten years & it wasn't all perfect but I think my kids have turned out pretty awesome, so I couldn't have done that bad a job. Now that they've all grown up, it's Mommy's turn to live her own life. I don't NEED a man to run my household as I'm equipped with a fully-loaded toolbox & quite capable of doing it myself. But my kids are past the age of wanting to snuggle with Mom & my nest is being emptied, so it would be nice to have someone around to talk to, share the adventures & even the humdrum of daily life with & snuggle with at night. If I rent a husband, it will be for keeps.
 Yappy lil Pine Needle
Msg: 162
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 12:57:21 PM

I don't NEED a man to run my household as I'm equipped with a fully-loaded toolbox & quite capable of doing it myself.

not me.... only tool I own is a hammer and a what ya ma call it....

and I am not capable of doing it either, especially if it involves "perfect" renovations. I prefer the work of a strong, naked, hot, loving handy man (ok maybe not naked ) (maybe naked )
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 163
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 1:13:27 PM
I've renovated & redecorated two homes ... know how to install toilets, shelving, carpets, lino, ceramic tiles, cove base, paint, wallpaper, moulding, build trellises, put up chain-link fencing, a l'il plumbing, etc. ... but I'm not too bright in the electrical dept.

A nekked handyman? Well, now that you've planted that vision in my head, I seem to have forgotten all those household skills I used to know.
 Yappy lil Pine Needle
Msg: 164
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 1:16:32 PM
I've renovated & redecorated two homes ... know how to install toilets, shelving, carpets, lino, ceramic tiles, cove base, paint, wallpaper, moulding, build trellises, put up chain-link fencing, a l'il plumbing, etc.

^^^^well then come up to the Interior for a visit but please bring your
clothes and your tool box

EDIT: oh my favorite renovation show is the one where the guy gets the home owners to do it with him...slaps a sign on there door....DIY ....or something like that ...Holmes on Homes is ok but doesnt do enough detail on the actual reno being done...but he is kinda cute...lol ! Think Im gonna apply for extreme home makeover...Do they come to Canada?
 Wind Chimez
Msg: 165
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 1:23:34 PM
^^^ know how to install toilets, shelving, carpets, lino, ceramic tiles, cove base, paint, wallpaper, moulding, build trellises, put up chain-link fencing, a l'il plumbing, etc.

I can do all this when I close my eyes and imagine...must be all those episodes I have watched that cutie on Holmes on Homes that inspired me!!!

In reality I can't even program the *&%*&% remote for the tv.
 Life is Always Good
Msg: 166
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/10/2008 1:31:24 PM
We hire people for that purpose alone. $100 is cheap to be able to click and view.
 movit
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/12/2008 2:00:07 AM
i think "renting" a husband is a nice example of one of the ways we are going wrong. why are families so unimportant now?
 jjwills
Msg: 168
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/12/2008 11:46:40 PM
" i think "renting" a husband is a nice example of one of the ways we are going wrong. why are families so unimportant now? "

^^^^^I love the idea of exchanging services! And see nothing wrong or detrimental towards families, au contrair!
Some families lack the male or female presence and unique gifts each may bring, especially in single parent homes. Besides all the money saved, there are friendships formed and better services performed based on good will.
I think the idea rocks!
I'd do it in a heartbeat...I'm in! Who else, anyone?
 Phuqd
Msg: 169
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/13/2008 12:03:03 AM

I'd do it in a heartbeat...I'm in! Who else, anyone?

It depends what services you are exchanging ;)
 brian moloney
Msg: 170
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/13/2008 12:09:52 AM
Things are tough all over. ha h ha ha Theres a depression coming.ha ha ha In that order. Its a tough job but some has to do it. he he he
 jjwills
Msg: 171
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/13/2008 12:48:03 AM

It depends what services you are exchanging ;)

Looking at yer name I figer I'm too late now...

Gotta go clean my gutters and get me mind outa there...can't decide which is dirtier the gutter or my mind.
Is there someone out there who cleans minds? Never mind the gutter...
ok nitynite
 Montevideo
Msg: 172
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:26:41 PM
Would be utter embarrasment neighbours witnessing 'rent a husband' vans in my driveway.. cant fathom that thought.
 XHTML
Msg: 173
Renting A Husband
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:33:36 PM

Would be utter embarrasment neighbours witnessing 'rent a husband' vans in my driveway.

Perhaps for an extra fee one can request an unmarked van, much like ordering sex toys to be delivered in a plain brown paper wrapper?
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 174
Renting A Husband
Posted: 8/19/2009 11:54:20 PM

I love the idea of exchanging services! And see nothing wrong or detrimental towards families, au contrair!
Some families lack the male or female presence and unique gifts each may bring, especially in single parent homes. Besides all the money saved, there are friendships formed and better services performed based on good will.
I think the idea rocks!
I'd do it in a heartbeat...I'm in! Who else, anyone? ~jjwills

Yes, I'm in! I have a few things I need help with in exchange for cooking, sewing...and a bunch of other things I do well...
MN
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Renting A Husband