Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tigress
Msg: 11
Pictureless etiquettePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Next time, don't even give the person a chance to get attatched to you until you have seen their picture and approved.

Just have a 'friends' relationship, until you see what they look like, then, if you are not attracted to them, you still have a friend.

That is, unless your friends all have to be pretty too!
 dietcola
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 6/29/2005 12:41:15 AM
i dont answer unless they have a pic, there really no point, most of us are visual so its difficult to start a convo with a person who is just "no photo available"
 wpgjets4ever
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:15:12 PM
I think, regardless of what type of relationship you are looking for, you need a picture. It makes it more personal. Why develop any relationship, just to find out the person isn't what they say, or perhaps, they might be exactly what you said you don't want. It happened to me. Was chatting with a girl, and I told her I didn't like piercings. Met her, and sure enough, 16 of them. We can say we will just be honest, but when you come across a profile you really like, we all might fib a little to get a reply. Am I right?
 wpgjets4ever
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 8/31/2005 12:04:00 AM
My first instinct of someone with no picture, is that they are hiding stuff. Big turn-off!
 Grrretel
Msg: 23
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:15:37 AM
yeah, i can understand having a private picture you'd only enclose in mails, but it is better to give one out right away to people you're interested in. No later disappointments that way, people's imaginations tend to run wild.
 wpgjets4ever
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 8/31/2005 3:18:34 PM
You aren't being very constructive, Tiptoe. Have read your other posts. These forums are meant to help.
 Sexy_Secretary29
Msg: 34
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 9/3/2005 9:03:29 PM
I think the best way is to be honest. People appreciate honesty rather than be strung along. As this site says....there are plenty of fish out there. You win some, you lose some, and you move on. That's it, that's all.
 DBhere
Msg: 56
Picture posting etiquette how about a suggestion to all....
Posted: 1/7/2010 7:54:05 PM
I am way new here but I have seen this a few times now - How about a big suggestion to all when they first sign up and are posting a single picture.....do NOT post a picture of 2 adults in the same picture....because....how do you know which person is the one on Plenty of Fish? - now a picture with a kid I can understand. Think about it.
 susan_cd
Msg: 57
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 1/8/2010 10:34:28 AM

I was using it in general. Is there something wrong with it that i don't know of?

Not as such, but you ended your sentence with the word "of" ; you aren't supposed to use a preposition to end a sentence with.

armaegis
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 1/12/2010 12:48:40 AM
I've met two people who didn't have pictures up. The first was clearly a couple steps larger than "average" body type. The second might have been a man. I mostly just ignore pictureless profiles now.

edit: oh wait that's not true, sometimes I yell at people for being stupid/ignorant
 gustof
Msg: 60
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 1/12/2010 10:43:25 PM
I have found two groups of women that don,t want a picture up. First the ones that are unattractive that want you to know them before you see their picture and the other ones that are very attractive that also want you to know them for more than their looks. Don,t write off pictureless you could be surprized. If they are not a match end it politely the same as you would someone with a picture.
 ParentsBasement
Msg: 61
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 1/16/2010 7:03:40 AM
Pictures don't give the whole picture. I've met some women on here who looked much better in person than their pictures showed. I've heard the same from women who've met men. Conversely some looked worse than their pictures.

When I was looking, I ignored the profiles without pictures for two reasons:
1) sheer numbers. Try looking for women 35-40 looking for dating or long term in Winnipeg. Mm-hmm. Lots to sift through even if you limit it to just pictures. So this was a quick way to pare down that number.
2) Avoids fakes. I realize someone could post a picture from anywhere but you're far less likely to respond to a fake ad if they have a picture. I'm not going to take the time to write out a thoughtful response to an ad only to find it it's a group of giggling teens later.

I don't have a picture now because I'm not looking and I wouldn't want someone to get the wrong idea.
 susan_cd
Msg: 62
Pictureless etiquette
Posted: 2/25/2010 9:56:48 AM

Keep in mind the likely reasons for not having a picture. I don't because I can't handle all the mail I would get from women. I'm only one man!! Or I could have been beaten with an ugly stick. Only one way to find out.

LOL... well, when we get older & more mature we learn that looks aren't as big a deal ( OK, open seeping sores are a definte "sorry, not interested").

Or maybe ( since you're a married guy looking for a woman for intimate encounters )you may be worried that someone who knows your wife may see your picture & spill the beans to her.

Course, if you 2 have an open relationship ( or are looking for a 3 way with another woman) that's OK.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >