Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 astrosky
Msg: 5
view profile
History
what do women fell about full length beards on men?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
They're OK but they do tend to make a dude look elderly and grandfatherly and show the white/gray really quickly. I like to kiss a clean shaven face m'self.
 redneckgirl133
Msg: 10
what do women fell about full length beards on men?
Posted: 4/17/2005 8:12:02 PM
onthebus...Trust you to have the facts on mating!!!LOL..Good to see you, handsome...You`re handsome cuz you don`t have a beard...I don`t like beards..mustaches are okay, 5 o`clock shadow okay, little fuzzies on the chin, okay...but beards are unattractive to me...I bet you`re sorry you asked..LOL..redneckgirl133
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/28/2005 7:36:43 PM
Ultra-orthodox Jews, the Taliban, Mennonites, Bin Laden, they are all so open-minded when it comes to women. LOL. I don't think long beards and women are compatible.
 arri
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/29/2005 6:11:02 AM
^^^ i feel exactly the same way about beavers
 Cante_Skuya
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2005 6:29:13 AM
Okay, I dunno, I don't mind a bit of a beard, and to be honest I think a man with a goatee is really sexy but a full beard? I dunno in general I have an aversion to alot of body hair, (I think it has something to do with the fact that in general First Nations people don't have alot of body hair) and men which full beards well just doesn't do it for me.

I subscribe to the idea of different strokes for different folks. If you like the beard, well keep it, yours is the only opinion that really matters anyway.
 sammysalt
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/29/2005 4:18:17 PM
Major turn off for me. At deer season he grows his long, and I hate it. Who wants to kiss all that hair. Plus it hurts floor play. Just my intake on it.
Sorry but thats the truth.
 sammysalt
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/29/2005 4:28:36 PM
If a man has a full beard then their freind will get use to it, after all you love someone for who they are on the inside, but it does affect sex, and kissing. You still have it, its just don't feel as nice.
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/29/2005 4:59:58 PM
I can go 5 days without shaving. NO more. Then it just bugs me too much. My legs get irritated.

linne
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/29/2005 5:11:08 PM
I tend to think it's sexyon young guys. Very primal in appearance, and indicative of personality; 'nonconformist'
 crystalise
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/29/2005 6:32:57 PM
dont like them at all. Sorry to all those beardwearing men out there its not you, its the growth of hair sprouting from your chin
I understand in caveman days they were necessary to keep warm etc..but come on - weve got aircon these days...even Sean Connery cant get away with it...[ well almost]
 twisted40
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/8/2005 1:19:48 PM
i feel repulsed. i dont like beards, never have.
 Twilightslove
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2009 7:56:52 AM
I have a feeling that some men grow beards to look older. They feel that with age there is wisdom and so having a beard is a way of letting others know that they are wise beyond their years. Then there is that masculine look to consider as well.

Right guys?

One of my sons aptly admitted he was growing his beard because it made him look older. I think he is hoping people will stop carding him; after all, he is almost 22 years old.....lol.

I knew a man who always told me he was old and he sported a goatee and a mustache to go along with the way he felt. When he cut the goatee off he was so young looking.

As long as it is neat and clean, beards (preferably goatees) are quite attractive.

I don't like the five o' clock shadows too well. They are so itchy!!
 inner_silence
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:22:55 PM
I advocate full length beards and full length head hair, even if the head hair is going bald. When it goes bald, you can still grow the remaining hair. I feels that this gives me something to look at and something to touch. The hair moves and is eye-catching. People's hair colors are often slightly different tones and shades in different locations of their head and beard. The hair sparkles in the sunlight. Gray hair is beautiful also.

I also advocate this for afro-textured hair, although the results will be very different than for caucasian hair or other straight/wavy hair textures. I don't know enough about African hair to understand whether it naturally forms an afro or dreadlocks by itself when left alone. But I appreciate the natural African texture when it is not chemically straightened.

When kissing, you feel the tickling of the beard hair against your skin. When there's no hair on the man's face, there is much less pleasant sensation when he kisses you.

I think people are meant to be petted and groomed, like animals.

Men can only grow long hair and beards if they work in jobs that permit them to do this. However, they should be able to tie up their beards and hair neatly if it's necessary, in braids or a bun, to keep it out of the way.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:48:20 PM
I've had the beard for almost 40 years. It's staying. Deal with it. End of discussion.
 Gloria212
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/16/2009 7:31:13 AM
Beards and mustaches are HUGE turn offs for me. Not that I don't think they don't look pretty good....just wouldn't want to kiss one of those faces.....
 english lass
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/9/2009 3:22:19 PM
some blokes look okay with them, but usually my preference is for clean shaven or at the most stubble/small 'growth' - i really enjoy faces; the features and skin, which can be hidden by hair... i love the look and the feel....img src=http://www.plentyoffish.com/smiles/icon_203.gif border=0>
 randomguyinaz
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/21/2009 12:28:36 PM
I usualy leave a little on the chin.
 barbee1970
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/11/2009 4:14:11 PM
Looks good on ZZ Top, but I say no to beards.

Makes a man look old. Beards make them look grungy like a hobo.
 KittenCatt
Msg: 70
what do women feel about full length beards on men?
Posted: 7/3/2011 11:39:43 AM
They look terrible. And yes, it does make it look like a man is hiding something whether it be their face or insecurity.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 7:25:17 AM
I absolutely love bearded men...always have; but must admit that I don't like really long untrimed beards. A few inches long...neatly trimmed is totally sexy!!!! Purrrrrrr
 Molly Maude
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 3:31:48 PM
I love well-trimmed neat beards ... moustaches ...

there was an Oprah show where they took an OUTSTANDING looking man with longish hair and a full well-trimmed beard ... the SHAVED HIM and dyed his hair BROWN ... omg! he looked pathetic ... his face hadn't seen the light of day in decades and he looked it ...

too sad ... bet he couldn't wait to get out of that "make-over" ... or make-under ... and get his life back together!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >