Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 techgirl27
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Do older men stay away from women in their 30's?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I have the opposite problem. I seem to attract the 50+ crowd, both online and in person. Do I really look that old?

I am keen to meet people close to my age. My "views" though are filled with people who could almost pass for my dad...
 ny.jamaica
Msg: 111
Do older men stay away from women in their 30's?
Posted: 11/28/2007 3:12:55 PM
Majority of older men prefer young girls. Many of them prefer a relationship with someone who will allow them to be in total control. Young girls are after money and security and if the man is a jerk but can offer something, they'll stay and do whatever he asks, but if he wants to know if its real...just withhold his funds for one month, she'll back all her stuff and his and move back to her mama and 'em!
A mature woman most of the times does not NEED a man. she wants a man. like you say, you do not want to come home to an empty apt. At our age a man can enhance our lives the way we do his, but the challenge is YOU may CHALLENGE him, and we all know the minute a woman opens her m0uth to disagree, she is CRAZY!
All that i have said applies only if the woman is not a drama or insecure queen.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2007 3:15:16 PM
.....I have a different problem...If I ever want to have children...Realistically I have to be looking for someone in their late 30's or very early 40's...So..no I never shy away from a 3o something...But there are veeeeeeeeeeery few who want anything to do with a man of my age. Sorta sounds like I blew it huh???
 leo\leo
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 1:43:06 AM
I've allway dated younger till i was 30 and wow me and a 30 have way more in comand.
but i stell allways love to young one they make me feel young
 leo\leo
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 1:44:38 AM
you need money at your age and your fine
 TTC 2008
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/30/2007 7:20:18 AM
I do because most of them have 2 or 3 kids already. A major turn off. You can go anywhere or do anything without bringing along some other man's kids. And women with kids make them a priority and I'm sorry, but at my age I refuse to come 2nd place to anybody...been there done that. If women on this site want a relationship then then need to learn to put their relationship first otherwise you may as well take your profile down.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/30/2007 9:18:33 AM

Seems like they don't, but hey, a girl can hope!
 rupan777
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/6/2007 8:32:37 PM
I have the opposite problem; it's hard for me to relate to people my age, in their 30's. For the past decade, I spent a lot of time travelling and working abroad, being free, and enjoying my life. Meanwhile, most people my age have been working on their families and careers in ways I can't relate to. At work, for example, when the women start talking about their children, it's like my cue to fade out of the conversation. I can actually relate much better to my co-workers still in their 20's. I assume because they haven't started the career/family cycle just yet.
 c_deacon
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2007 10:02:15 PM
Only if they have young children and/or want more.......

If the attraction is right......the age will not matter.....just all those other factors that become part of the equation......

Just my opinion.......
 Red Gum
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/7/2007 4:36:18 AM
I guess it is an attitude of mind, I am in my late 40's and want a woman in her 30's because I believe I am suited to this, I want more kids and it has taken me till now to grow up and learn. I find women my own age to be like my mother and some even like my granmother! Maybe getting old to some people is just an age thing and for women its nice to know that a younger guy wants them. Whe I was in my early 20's I went to bed with a 40 year old..wow but I would not marry them because its I wanted a family.
Do you know what you want? it does not sound lke you do, if you do then just go for it and you will get what you want!
 Angus Og
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/4/2008 10:21:25 AM

Not me. I personally love all healthy women. If you are over 18, disease free, uninhibited and height/weight proportionate and you love life then I don't care how old you are. Life is short and we only have so much time to enjoy it. I don't care if you are single, attached, widowed, married... Just be discrete, female and up for a good time.

At least this is my take on the topic.
 Now Is Good
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/5/2008 7:19:55 AM
I've tended to shy away from dating women in their 30's for several reasons. It's always very flattering to get asked out, or contacted, but I believe there are major differences there, for me. Most women in their 30's must be very involved in their childrens day to day lives, plus soccer, T-ball, dance classes ect. I've been there and done that, not that there would be anything wrong with doing it again, but, I seem to be searching for a more spontanious and flexable relationship. Plus, the age differences seem to create different interests for music, appreciation for the era we grew up in, and what seems to be our 'common roots.' Women in their 30's are beautiful, and can be very exciting, no doubt, but, my experiences have led me to stay with a closer age range.
 duane1000
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 8:16:29 AM
No they don't and I have first hand experience with that.

I have a similar issue with only large women contacting me and thats not my thing.

Also, coming home to an empty apartment and having no one to hold at night or wake up next to...I know exactly how you feel.
 thewritechick
Msg: 127
Posted: 7/10/2008 5:13:10 PM

Wenlex I have the same problem. The day I turned 30, and I kid you not. Men my own age quit replying to me and the young 20 year old replies went up. From what I gather and I could be way off on this is that I'm too old for the 30 year olds as they are busy chasing the younger ladies. The younger lads think that because we are in our 30's our hormones are off the wall and they want to "learn".

It's a vicious cycle and a very cruel joke.

yes, yes and more yes!

for some, teaching is a calling. me? i'm all about hitting the ground running! i'd love to meet a nice, intelligent man around 38 or 40 but not much luck.

now, put me in a grocery store with some 20 y/o in big tee-shirts and gold front teeth? i can't get to the parking lot without a phone number. lol granted, it could be i'm the only woman in the grocery store who looks like she can cook, and they're hungry, but you get my point.
 unknownname
Msg: 128
Posted: 7/10/2008 5:56:18 PM
I'm 35. When I got divorced I found myself going out with woman of all ages. From 45 down to 21. I've come to realize no matter the age they are all just crazy & full of drama. Maybe I'm just having a run of bad luck.

The women over 30 all seem jaded & feel that ALL men are liars & will screw them over at some point. The women under 30 are into games or freak when they realize that I do have 3 kids & should anything develop - bang! instant family.

Just my thoughts anyway....
 goodfishgonebad
Msg: 135
Posted: 7/15/2008 4:37:26 PM
nothing more sexier than women in their thirties and older.
since they seem to have more to offer, smarts, confidence and oppions.
so if some older men don't find you desirable, then I'm sure its cause they can't bring them selves to the table for a good banter... and more.
take care and keep away from them yungns... they have plenty of their own age to play with...

we need more matured women to keep our mind sharp and belly sucked in...
 Caper143
Msg: 136
Posted: 7/15/2008 8:20:04 PM
I also tend to attract younger men but the difference is...I don't see it as an issue...just because they're younger doesn't make them "boys". There are a lot of good men out there regardless of age...maybe you should try getting to know them instead of judging them based solely on a number.
 unique14yu
Msg: 138
Posted: 7/16/2008 10:13:50 PM
Awwwww really was something I could relate to I am 33 male who has been out of the relationship scene for a minute I would say I am attracted to older women and honestly because of a reason unbeknownst to me. I think its harder for a guy my age to find a 21-26 yr old so feel good and relax---Dont try so hard to put yourself out there for them youngbucks and be more reserved I'd say. But then I'm not a man whore who would know the perfect answer....
 Angus Og
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/17/2008 6:00:22 AM
Bravo beachbaby4summer. You said a mouthful and I have to tell you. All in all I'd prefer older women over younger women on every level if most of those women weren't trying to be men.
In my opinion... Well said!
 seacelt
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/17/2008 2:37:02 PM
Thank Heavens I'm not the only one! My friends think it's sooo funny that I get hit on by such young guys. But I find it really hard to talk to guys in my age group because I apparently look young, and do a lot of things which throws people off.. apparently lol.
It is driving me nuts!!!!!!!
 WanderingRain
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:54:24 PM
Happens with us guys too, you know!
Maybe even more often.
I guess we all complain about the other side of our age group not being available.
We are either looking for an ideal mate or whatnot.
In my area here, there's tons of women my age. I just have to be choosy because most of them have a very short two sentence profile (usually a rant about telling liars, cheats and players to stay away), have kids, and seem to still want the "clubbing" lifestyle which I am not into.
So whenever I encounter a thoughtfully written profile, I immediately e-mail away whether they are here in my area (which is rare) or as far as Canada (as long as they accept messages from other countries).
Well, at least be thankful you get e-mails at all! You at least have the luxury of turning down young guys right and left.
Good Luck!
 isaidit
Msg: 145
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:59:28 PM
Wow, I've had totally the opposite reaction. I'm 36 and I'm lucky to get a response from anyone under like 45. I would like men my age as well, for me maybe even younger because I have alot of wild still left in me yet. Send some of those younger guys my way please.
 briargate
Msg: 148
Posted: 12/31/2008 10:13:13 PM
Yes! As a matter of fact, I fit that demographic. Hmmm, so first I would look for hints about bitterness towards the institution of marriage and the ex. Most optimistic people will not bash and blame. Sometimes things just don't work out. A marriage minded older man is sentimental. He actually liked wearing his ring...if he ever wore one. He likes how his life worked with another person around all of the time. He is not overly possessive of his free time. He doesn't have any real obsessions, just things that he likes.

That's a good start I would say.
 ytipidneres
Msg: 152
Posted: 1/1/2009 8:55:36 AM
Can't really help when I can't view your profile and see how you're advertising. I get many an inquiry from older men...and some from younger...but I set my age range high and present myself with some substance.
 dollardollarbill
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/1/2009 11:16:25 AM
i haven't read what others wrote yet. I say yes. and look me. happy early birthday. and yes. just place yourself in places you'd be able to meet older guys. be patient.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >