Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 isaidit
Msg: 145
Do older men stay away from women in their 30's?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Wow, I've had totally the opposite reaction. I'm 36 and I'm lucky to get a response from anyone under like 45. I would like men my age as well, for me maybe even younger because I have alot of wild still left in me yet. Send some of those younger guys my way please.
 OhioCountryCharmer
Msg: 146
Do older men stay away from women in their 30's?
Posted: 12/30/2008 10:51:06 AM
I think women in their 30’s are not interested in older men with kids.
 briargate
Msg: 148
Posted: 12/31/2008 10:13:13 PM
Yes! As a matter of fact, I fit that demographic. Hmmm, so first I would look for hints about bitterness towards the institution of marriage and the ex. Most optimistic people will not bash and blame. Sometimes things just don't work out. A marriage minded older man is sentimental. He actually liked wearing his ring...if he ever wore one. He likes how his life worked with another person around all of the time. He is not overly possessive of his free time. He doesn't have any real obsessions, just things that he likes.

That's a good start I would say.
 Jim978
Msg: 150
Posted: 1/1/2009 4:00:03 AM

Anyone have any advice on how I might spot these marrage minded fellows more easily?!?!?!?!

With on-line dating it is (or at least, should be) a bit easier. Just state what you want in your profile and let them find you.

I just looked at your's and while you do mention most of this stuff, you don't make any mention that you are looking for someone older. I understand not wanting to limit your options but most 40+ guys are going to look at your profile and just assume that you are looking for someone closer to your own age.
 ytipidneres
Msg: 152
Posted: 1/1/2009 8:55:36 AM
Can't really help when I can't view your profile and see how you're advertising. I get many an inquiry from older men...and some from younger...but I set my age range high and present myself with some substance.
 Jim978
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/1/2009 10:18:24 AM

Really? You can't see my profile? Sorry about that. I am surprised because I have few restrictions, just other relationship and intimate encounter. I removed other relationship, but am keeping the restriction on intimate encounter people!

Your restrictions don't stop anyone from viewing your profile. They limit a first contact via IM (when working properly!), messaging, etc... but anyone can view your profile.

If someone can't see it that is due to problems with their PC, not your settings or this site.
 dollardollarbill
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/1/2009 11:16:25 AM
i haven't read what others wrote yet. I say yes. and look me. happy early birthday. and yes. just place yourself in places you'd be able to meet older guys. be patient.
 Bellydanza
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/1/2009 11:22:53 AM
OP I feel your pain. When I first started online dating, I got on a site and began sending emails to guys my age who I found attractive. Absolutely NONE of them responded. It was only the much younger guys. And I figured I could sit around doing nothing but twiddling my thumbs or start going for what made itself available to me.

The men who contact me are generally 21-27 or over 50...none near my age. I don't get it. I'm not bitter, my marriage was over long ago. And my daughter is grown. The few times I did find men near my age or older to date, they all seemed to have ''issues'' more so than I did. So I don't know what the problem is. Even when I go out dancing, it is the younger men who hit on me, not the ones my age. They're too busy buying the young chicks drinks.
 henry333
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/1/2009 3:34:23 PM
dawny64 now I certainly know this forum is a biut of a satirical joke! You look like youre in your mid thirties - not 20s based on yor appearance - indeed, attractive but your profile and mannerisms in the pics seems to describe a party animal who dresses and plays around like a young 20yr old! The lifestyle is definitely one that is geared to the early 20s mob so any older people there are cdertainly going for 20 yrs olds not older!
I seriously doubt you would have any problem attracting more mature men if you really wanted to - but if your profile is correct youre not exactly acting or hanging out in places where more mature older guys are likely to be! The older guys wouldnt have a chance getting past the 20 yrs old assuming they hang out in the same places (and youd have to ask why they'd be there - older men exclusivly aiming for 20yrs olds.....)..

With all due respect to those being serious, this forum is hilarious - I cracked up laughing at so many of the comments! Its good to see we can all have a bit of a laugh caricaturising ourselves and other people in these profiles!
 henry333
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/1/2009 3:36:22 PM
wickedlovely I think briargate was offering himself..........hint hint.......
 Bryan_Iso
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/1/2009 4:17:22 PM
An observation I'll offer for the 30's ladies (actually all of you) with kids is to tell us what the kids ages are. A 38yo woman with kids under 10 is entirely different from a 38yo with kids about to go off to college. As a young minded 50 I set my age range net a bit wide (37-52). I fully expect any woman I might attract to have kids but I have zero interest in getting involved in any serious way (read: long term, marriage etc) with someone still doing the school age soccer mom and PTA thing. (Been there, done that.)

Another hard fact is that the younger divorced Dad's will tend to be shy of starting up with all that blended family stuff. It's a really tough reconciliation to be made; let alone the financial aspect. Anything you can say to reassure us that you have your financial house in order as regards the kids and their needs will go a long, long way toward getting more looks and dates from those of us on the fence.
 Bob_49
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2009 11:49:10 AM
Hi Lovely,

I'll give the perception of a new guy out there. A woman in her late 30's no kids is scary because you don't know if they are just grabbing the first father available.....but yes I would take the chance for the right one.

A woman in her 30s with older kids will be fun and romantic. She is free for the first time and always a hand full. What she doesn't realize it takes more work when those kids are in their 20's and the child support is gone.

A woman with younger kids is someone special if they give you the time because they have so little. So if that woman commits to you as more then just the fill in dad the relationship has the greatest chance of surviving. Bringing love and happiness and often the new baby thing too.

I work with kids. I see these young moms. Most do not know I'm single.

Bob
 sw2008
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/2/2009 1:32:50 PM
Bob,

I think you hit the nail on the head and I whole-heartedly agree.

Lovely,

I am a 40 something man who has never been married and has no children. As such I can not speak from "bitterness" point of view. I have had my share of broken hearts and even broken a few myself. I have dated girls in their 20's (they approacehed me) and have found that for the most part, they were far to immature for a lasting relationship to develop. I have several girl friends (read: girls that are friends and not FWB) who are in there 20's but for the most part they are more mature than their years. I for one adore children and not havig any of my own, I have tried to be the best Father figure I can be to my niece who's father has not been in the picture practically her entire life.

I guess what I am trying to say, albeit rather poorly, is that all men in my age group are not the same so hang in there. With your good looks and great attitude I have no doubt you will find that special someone.

Steve
 otneb1975
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/2/2009 1:50:44 PM
No. My personal experience tells me that "older men" do NOT stay away from women in their 30s - older men seem to be all that I am attracting. It's been that way since I was in high school. The problem is, I don't want to date someone old enough to be my father. To me it's creepy.

I think most of them are nice guys, but I would prefer a guy around my own age.
 theGrouch
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/3/2009 11:04:03 AM
I am 42, that's much older than 30, not so far from 39. I haven't been single for very long so it's never been an issue.

I certainly would approach a woman in her 30 somethings for dinner or a date.
thanks,--Mitchell
 crazyindian69
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2009 9:51:01 PM
I am 34, women in their 30's contact me!!

Really!

hahha
 windypace2600
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/4/2009 8:54:41 PM
Interesting... I get a wide scope of interest from all age groups... 18 to 60...

I don't mind as I love men in general and you can have fun with a man regardless of his age...

for me it is the type of man he is and the interests that he has... we definitely must click on a mental level before anything else can follow... however, I have found I click with men on a mental level from any age... like I said... just depends on the man.
 gravelman
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/5/2009 1:06:04 AM
lovely...if the age of your children limit your options..you may have to change your limts and or options then..date guys who are older or consider someone from another town, etc. Am sure there are many guys out there who would accept younger children. Don't limit your relationship by a number (age) but what the guy is about. I know it is hard to do but sometimes people have to relocate to find the one they are looking for. Not sure why people always want to date the number instead of the person,lol.
 gravelman
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:39:53 AM
we like to think that the younger number will out live the older , at least that is what we all believe but I did have some neighbors he was 27 years older than her and he is going strong and she passed away a few years ago, so I say it should be what ever makes the couple happy for the time they are alive.
 PRNETMAN
Msg: 171
Posted: 10/13/2010 5:31:31 AM
I don't stay away from any women..lol
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 172
Posted: 11/8/2010 2:27:34 PM
Where is that floodgate opening at?

I find more women in thier 30's and 40's are preferring men under 30. Seems to be the latest social trend in dating. If you are a guy in your 30's you are more appealing to women in thier 40's and 50's. I like women in thier 30's and 40's but have found alot in the city I live in want the younger guys.
 clockwork lime
Msg: 173
Posted: 11/8/2010 4:38:08 PM
I would say that men don't necessarily stay away from women in their 30's.

If there are no women in their 20's available, then women in their 30's will just have to do.
 Busminster
Msg: 174
Posted: 11/8/2010 4:40:04 PM
Awwww, I love being considered merely satisfactory!
 Zeppolino
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/14/2010 3:26:46 PM
Absolutely not. I once considered women in their thirties to be the ideal age that I wanted to meet. I still would if they would be interested, by at age 59 I've begun to look at the forties and early fifties as being more reasonable.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 176
Posted: 1/1/2011 10:01:30 PM
Ive been told I shouldnt date girls half my age....
but they keep saying yes when I ask them out?!?!
date a girl in her 30's ? pffpt they dont think so.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >