Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Is Height an issue to Men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 trailbl4zr
Msg: 76
Is Height an issue to Men?Page 4 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Is that true? if it is, this shocks me. I always thought men prefered women shorter than themselves. Personally, for me, the shorter the better. I don't know why, but at least for me I am much more attracted by women shorter. it just makes them more "cute" that way. in my eyes, tall women have the appearance too masculine for my taste.
 Billbutler8
Msg: 77
view profile
History
permanent headphones
Posted: 3/20/2007 1:19:14 PM
permanent headphones

all men are DEFINITELY not masculine...

Masculinity...maybe this means different things to different people. Are there different types? Or does it have to do with how we act? I remember when I was around 32 or so a women in my close circle of friends (who had given me good advise before) started telling me "Bill, you need to get a bike (as in a Harley)" she'd say "you belong on one and you will enjoy it." (Her long time boyfriend had one.) Therefore, I took her advice. I did enjoy it. A lot...I noticed something else...although I never had any problem meeting women before --after getting the bike meeting women immediately rocketed me higher dimension— suddenly, I was chick magnet Bill. Honestly, it was quite errie—even surreal. I was profoundly baffled. Although I was convinced, it was the bike—my friend told me: No, it the combination of me and the bike, she said. Her ideas on just about everything were right on — reminding me often–“Told ya”.—whatever.
So, my young friend, are you attracted to guys on bikes and do you think this somehow adds to their sex appeal and/or (or maybe it is one in the same--) masculinity?
Any other thoughts on the subject I’d love to hear as well.
OH! and what is NOT masculine ? --I know the obvious 98 lb weakling --anything else?
 Janet4now
Msg: 78
permanent headphones
Posted: 3/20/2007 1:39:36 PM
Maybe you should start a thread on what is "masculine". And you'll get all different answers -- its an objective thing. Not math.
 Billbutler8
Msg: 79
view profile
History
permanent headphones
Posted: 3/20/2007 2:01:16 PM

Maybe you should start a thread on what is "masculine". And you'll get all different answers -- its an objective thing. Not math.

O...Janet, I do know it is an objective thing! ....Try telling that to the folks in the "Hot" or "Not Hot" thread attraction is an objective thing, though.

I 'm not interested in asking the female population at large, only you and your future daughter in law here! Beyond that it is of no interest to me.
 Janet4now
Msg: 80
permanent headphones
Posted: 3/21/2007 7:38:59 AM
I seem to prefer men that are tall, but aside from that they must also have the masculine qualities that inspire my female ones to respond...

My list only... and there is exceptions to every rule, however, the following is what I find masculine:

Strong character -- not whiney or constantly apologetic
Sense of humor -- witty, sarcastic ok, but not always putting others down to make themselves feel better
A bit scruffy -- meaning, no competition for mirrors required, and they are just comfortable in their own skin.
Hard working -- I respect a man that is not afraid of work and feels accomplished
Does guy stuff -- I am suspect of anyone that has softer hands than I do... Guys with tool belts are sexy... and I admire people that are able to work on their own cars and do stuff around the house.
Physically active -- hobbies that they enjoy, that gets them out and about. Out-doorsy guys that wear jeans, flannel shirts and boots.... and sweat.
Old fashioned -- I don't care about who picks up the tab, but I just really find old-fashioned men that open doors and know how to treat a woman like a lady is such a turn-on.
Muscular physique. I've never been one attracted to the willowy types. Would rather have someone strong and alittle overweight, than skinny.
Humble nature -- not "weak" but not arrogant...
 Billbutler8
Msg: 81
view profile
History
permanent headphones
Posted: 3/21/2007 8:25:48 AM
Humbly...and without any arrogance I do observe the list above me fit me exzactly...
what about a bike? ( I really hope because this is sounding fun to me!))--That would be fun I think--do you enjoy riding on the back of a powerful motorcycle really fast through Malibu canyon, up pch to Kanan Rd., over Mulholland Drive lunch at the Rock Store...some messy bar b que -- 4 wheeling later - roll down the hill and watch the prettiest sunset in the world over the Pacific Ocean.?
 Janet4now
Msg: 82
permanent headphones
Posted: 3/21/2007 8:30:27 AM
I do not personally like my rear-end to be anyone's bumper... especially on CA freeways. But I've nothing against people that ride, or have bikes. I have at times been the passenger, but will embarrass you while giving the princess wave to passers by instead of the cool harley acknowledgement...
 eeek
Msg: 83
view profile
History
permanent headphones
Posted: 3/21/2007 9:29:32 AM

I do not personally like my rear-end

Really? I thin it's great

to be anyone's bumper... especially on CA freeways.

No, I wouldn't want that either.

but will embarrass you while giving the princess wave to passers by instead of the cool harley acknowledgement...

Yeah, I can see you doing that.
 CruizinSoCal
Msg: 84
Is Height an issue to Men?
Posted: 3/21/2007 10:34:29 AM
Hi Krista,

A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman no matter what their height.

My last couple relationships were with taller women. I wasn't "looking" for taller girls, they just happened.

My last girlfriend began by calling me Shorty, however a faux pax occured where I became Shrimp which prompted me to respond with Lobster. Those stuck.

Concerning men, I think a man is either secure in himself or he isn't. If he's insecure the natural response is to create a world with the illusion of security. That can play out with mates who are shorter (easily dominated??), friends who are "less then" him, financially, socially, appearance etc.

Concerning women, I think most women have a subconscious need to be with a taller man. Perhaps it has something to do with a belief that someone shorter won't be able to protect them??

You're right about the statistics, at least as far as men are concerned. They are perceived as stronger, smarter and who knows what all else. In the end, statistically they earn more money. Although I would guess that's in a corporate environment. As an entrepreneur I think the playing field is closer to level.

Happy
 face2face
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Tall Order
Posted: 3/21/2007 10:56:13 AM

I seem to prefer men that are tall, but aside from that they must also have the masculine qualities that inspire my female ones to respond...

My list only... and there is exceptions to every rule, however, the following is what I find masculine

***Strong character -- not whiney or constantly apologetic***
YES. It’s kind of strong in the aromatic sense. Sorry if it offends anyone, but, really, it’s good once you get used to it. Come on… it will grow on you. Please? Did I offend you? Pardon me… Sorry.

***Sense of humor -- witty, sarcastic ok, but not always putting others down to make themselves feel better***
YES. About six and a half cents (depending on exchange rate.) Canadian jokes are trading well this quarter and everyone says I’m a joke… and everybody sucks, but me.

***A bit scruffy -- meaning, no competition for mirrors required, and they are just comfortable in their own skin. ***
YES. Many of my bits are scruffy.

***Hard working -- I respect a man that is not afraid of work and feels accomplished***
YES. It is hard to find me working since my comprehension of written text is poor. Understanding a sentence is already an accomplishment.

***Does guy stuff -- I am suspect of anyone that has softer hands than I do... Guys with tool belts are sexy... and I admire people that are able to work on their own cars and do stuff around the house.***
YES. Guy stuff. Belching, scratching scruffy bits, drinking to excess, lying (I’m actually 4’11”): I’m a model citizen of manhood. Incidentally, do they make tool belts for 42” waists? Just asking. Work on my car? That’s a trick question. I take the bus. Oh yeah… I do all of the above all around the house and in the neighbour’s yard too if it turns you on.

***Physically active -- hobbies that they enjoy, that gets them out and about. Out-doorsy guys that wear jeans, flannel shirts and boots.... and sweat.***
YES. My fingers are actively typing and I am sweating while doing so. I always wear jeans, flannel shirts and boots to bed. That’s a matter of course when you are always too drunk to take them off. :drinking:

***Old fashioned -- I don't care about who picks up the tab, but I just really find old-fashioned men that open doors and know how to treat a woman like a lady is such a turn-on.***
YES. Is the Pleistocene era old enough for you? Besides you don’t have to pay if you dine and dash. The plan is I walk out casually to check on the “car” (Homey don’t run.) After you see me round the corner towards the bus stop, you dash out like a bat out of h3ll. I don’t have to open the door since the doors are automatic at the mall, and the bus doors magically open themselves too. Don’t get too turned on just yet. Save it for our first date.

***Muscular physique. I've never been one attracted to the willowy types. Would rather have someone strong and alittle overweight, than skinny.***
YES. Did I tell you I almost got a part in “300”. I figure that they rejected me only because my tremendous figure would have made the rest of the cast look wimpy. Wait… by 300, they meant 300 lbs didn’t they?

***Humble nature -- not "weak" but not arrogant...***
YES. I regularly finish 2 to 3 humble pies at a sitting. I’m not bragging about. That’s just the way it is.

As you can see, I am your dreamboat.

Wait… I’m not tall. We, no worries, a couple of months of counting calories and trips to the gym, and I will be 6’2”. Unlike my girth, my height is entirely up to my lifestyle and I never lie to myself.

Just kidding...

Actually, my better half is about the same height as you. Height isn’t a big issue to a lot of men. There are those that like the petite ones, but even they don’t seem to be adverse to taller women. I don’t think yours or the OP’s requirements are asking too much. There’s plenty of fish (in all shapes and sizes too!)

Happy Fishing!
 Billbutler8
Msg: 86
view profile
History
permanent headphones
Posted: 3/21/2007 11:07:14 AM

I do not personally like my rear-end to be anyone's bumper... especially on CA freeways.

well, good news... the only time I would ride on the freeway is to get from one long stretch to another. Bikes and freeways are not fun--canyons mountain roads PCH --state roads

but will embarrass you while giving the princess wave to passers by

this would be too charming to be embarrassing.

I am not sure what gets me embarrassed. It wouldn't be that. It wouldn't be singing badly in public, it would not be grabbing my acoustic guitar and playing at the starbucks (a song I actually know how to sing) not being turned down for a date, not missing a punchline
//
no...I know what gets me embarrassed. Being late for a meeting (seriously)
showing up late and everyone is looking at me
oh, and showing up at a sales call and while sitting in front of the buyer realizing I have spilled coffee on the front of my shirt THAT gets me embarrassed.
\\
 eeek
Msg: 87
view profile
History
permanent headphones
Posted: 3/21/2007 11:14:41 AM

I am not sure what gets me embarrassed.

Is it even possible?

It wouldn't be singing badly in public

Not even having someone else sing the same song a little later?

not being turned down for a date

No?

showing up late and everyone is looking at me

I hate being late. Unfortunately that means being way too early sometimes. But somebody's got to do it.
 Billbutler8
Msg: 88
view profile
History
permanent headphones
Posted: 3/21/2007 11:36:15 AM
I hate being late. Unfortunately, that means being excessively early sometimes. But somebody's got to do it.

this is the worse. Especially a large conference table and no one know you and you are supposed to be the "expert" --and they have been waiting 15 minutes. All those glaring beady eyes staring at you ...wait for you to speak. And you cannot tell if they want to hear about the bus that nearly crushed you on the exit ramp or the fact you couldn't find your wallet and car keys which delayed you so OR --since I am late--maybe just quickly hand out the little hand outs --and dive right into the presentation . I simply introduced myself.
"Hi I'm late" oooooooops immediate thought : "duh" --face flush -- and the matter of composing myself the most important task I have ever accomplished any where and any time.

Not even having someone else sing the same song a little later?

I am not sure why I do that. Maybe once when conditions were perfect,
I had the perfect amount of vitamins and nourishment going on, and my confidence was high because I had a perfect day.
..And one of those day --you ve 'had em--everything you touched became gold...
maybe that one time I did sing well and from that experience this delusion that I am half way good persists.
And always oblivious to those who remind
shhhh! Don’t let Bill hear you say he sucks..
hahahahahaa
Yeah, I just think I should relax more!
 realmanken
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/21/2007 11:49:13 AM
Height is an issue for me. I prefer tall women but not women who are taller then me.
Lucky for me Im 6'1" so I get to have my cake and eat it too. I get to date women who are tall and have long legs and at the same time I still get to be taller.
If I was on the short side, say 5'5" or so then I would probably prefer dating women on the shorter side since I would never consider dating a woman who is taller then me when we are both barefoot.
 kjazz7
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/21/2007 12:45:55 PM
I have no problem with a taller or shorter lady. When you get right down to it, its how confident I am as a man and Height does not make me any more confident. I am only 5'10" but I have no worries
 RANDYS72
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/21/2007 1:09:03 PM
I would like to find a gal who is taller than me but it seems to me that women prefer guys who are taller than they are.There is nothing wrong with short women . This is just a preference.
 Janet4now
Msg: 92
Tall Order
Posted: 3/21/2007 4:03:58 PM
Face to face... you are awesome! You have a lucky lady, and although I'm sure you remind her often, please tell her for me :)
 chsmith112
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/21/2007 7:36:16 PM
No not really but I will admit it is kinda different seeing a girl eye to eye, well im 6'2" and I have dated a girl that was the same height and it didn't really bother me.
 face2face
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Tall Order
Posted: 3/22/2007 10:18:49 AM
Janet4now:

Face to face... you are awesome! You have a lucky lady, and although I'm sure you remind her often, please tell her for me :)

Thanks! I love compliments (especially from attractive women!). I will save this note as a "get-out-of-doghouse" card

Fish:
P.S.
haven't seen 300 yet, but I hear there's eye-candy for everyone in it.
 Janet4now
Msg: 95
Tall Order
Posted: 3/23/2007 7:02:38 AM
I forgot to put deep voice in my list... a huge plus.

You sound like Barry White and I won't give a rip how tall you are.
 looking4bustygirl
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 3:28:50 PM
I don't care, I have dated a few girls over 6 feet tall (6'3" was the tallest) and we had a ok time, but their height was not for one moment an issue to me. I know a lot of women tell me that I am too short and what not (5'6) but I just feel those ladies are limiting themselves. And while my name my imply I too am one of those subjective people its not so. If i had my druthers I would choose to date a buxom woman, but I am not one to pass up someone who expresses genuine interest in me.
 ph2007
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Tall Order
Posted: 3/23/2007 7:08:27 PM
Janet... are we related? i mean really. The things you listed are almost exactly what I want in a guy. Though the macho guys I like now a days tend to be rocker guys.

As far as the deep voice thing I couldn't agree more. I was eyeing a guy in a bar a few weeks ago. Gorgeous... seemed funny from the way people were laughing around him... and just overall seemed like a catch... my type all the way... anyway, he came over and his voice was more feminine than my own. I might have cried that night haha jk.
 Janet4now
Msg: 98
Tall Order
Posted: 3/23/2007 7:21:01 PM
^^^ I know what you mean... I've had a guy leave me a message that I've never met, and I can tell from the voice it's just not gonna happen.
 Billbutler8
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Tall Order
Posted: 3/23/2007 7:26:14 PM
he was likely nervous--and that affected his voice. - yet in any case...
whatever.

in the mean time I have practiced my barry white voice--he actually has a range-- and does/did not actually speak like he sang.
 eeek
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Tall Order
Posted: 3/23/2007 8:05:39 PM

As far as the deep voice thing I couldn't agree more. I was eyeing a guy in a bar a few weeks ago. Gorgeous... seemed funny from the way people were laughing around him... and just overall seemed like a catch... my type all the way... anyway, he came over and his voice was more feminine than my own. I might have cried that night haha jk.

Oh, god. I'm never going to talk again.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Is Height an issue to Men?