Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > do men actually like curvy women vs the skinny pencil one?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dr.Strange
Msg: 26
do men actually like curvy women vs the skinny pencil one?Page 2 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)

I find it fascinating when people pose a question that makes it a certainty how people will respond.....sort of like "When did you stop beating your wife?" Except here the OP is making a very negative remark about thin women and is putting a very positive spin on women with a few extra pounds.

what does it matter if they do or not???.it still boils down to personal choice.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 27
Men actually prefer a 70% waist to hip ratio
Posted: 3/10/2007 6:22:32 PM
Enough of this already. This subject has been done to death in the Forums (generally gets right nasty as well) and there is a TON of scientific evidence to state exactly what MOST men find attractive.

Evolutionary Psychology: Waist to Hip Ratio

Just as Buss (1989) found that his evolutionary psychology findings on sex differences applied in different cultures, so too does the work of Singh on wait-to-hip ratio hold up in different cultures (Singh, 1993a, 1993b, 1995; Singh & Luis, 1995). Singh has shown that there is a preference among men for a certain waist-to-hip ratio in females. A 70% waist-to-hip ratio indicates, apparently, health and fertility in the woman, and is the male ideal. This holds up across different cultures, suggesting, like the Buss (1989) sex differences in mate preferences, that it is a universal reality. Singh has pointed out that even women who look very different may have similar wait-to-hip ratios. For example, he says that the famous actress Marilyn Monroe and the current skinny model Kate Moss both have the ideal waist-to-hip ratio. Even though they look quite different, their having the ideal waist-to-hip ratio would help explain their appeal, and why they have become stars when other attractive women have not. There is also a female preferred waist-to-hip ratio for men, of 80-95% (Singh, 1995).
 MOPAR Maniac
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/10/2007 8:00:43 PM
Personally, I like the little extra cushion, for the pushin'. I'm not turned on seeing hip bones sticking out. And anyways, I too have a little extra, but carry it very well because of being 6'2".
 Dr.Strange
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/10/2007 10:21:19 PM
Personally, I like the little extra cushion, for the pushin'. I'm not turned on seeing hip bones sticking out. And anyways, I too have a little extra, but carry it very well because of being 6'2".

I would have to agree.......If I can see bones it's usually a turn off,I'm far from perfect and I have dated different Women, all different types, shapes and sizes and come to realize I like a Woman with a few curves.And no not all Men are looking for Bitches.
 orchidtigress
Msg: 30
do men actually like curvy women vs the skinny pencil one?
Posted: 3/10/2007 10:39:18 PM
Okay....IMHO my 2 cents worth from being both a size 6 and a size 12.

I have a few extra lbs on me but I lucky since am very proportionate and still have a nice shape....and I have dated and been in relationships at various sizes. Most men like some curves since it is more feminine....that being said though they still like the curves in all the right places. :) . When I gained a few pounds I took up bellydancing to celebrate my curves so that I would not mentally be down on myself.

Weight also has nothing to do with it in my mind....compare two people- one who works out and one who does not - they can weigh the same but look totally different! They still want tone and for you to take care of yourself. Moreover, not everyone is supposed to be a size zero, and our bodies change as we age. In the end it is based on preference also... in Latin America and other places - the men love a woman with curves!

I say as long as you are happy with yourself then you will find someone who should be happy with you also! Besides, women are usually harder on themselves than men- for all the guys who want a woman to have a Playboy Bunny body- they better be offering the same anti such as: no bald spots or thinning hair, no pouch, body like Adonis, (not to also mention high sexual stamina) otherwise how can they expect this from you?????....hmmmmmmmm....probably why I date younger men..lol.
 weefishee
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/10/2007 11:07:13 PM
Physically? Curvy girlz are no warmer than thin girls who are no warmer than girls "with a few extra pounds" who are no warmer than "BBW". It all depends on the chemistry. But, that chemistry has to be mutual and timed right.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2007 12:21:10 AM
Well.. I certainly wouldn't attack pencil thin women.

I have had friends that are, and I think they are beautiful. I won't deny that I am envious of women who are in great shape, as one of the posters here is, but I would hardly call a sculpted and toned woman pencil thin. Its more like, wow! She is doing something right! LOL

All women are beautiful in their own way unless they are angry and spiteful all of the time.

I didn't see how it was spun, so I guess I didn't read it as carefully as I should. I certainly meant no disrespect.
 livnitup
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/11/2007 1:08:39 AM
Ok, read through the posts, and here is what I think, being I have been both.

As a curvy woman, I felt like more of a sexual object, guys always ogling the "girls" and the booty. Now that I'm in really good shape, guys aren't so much ogling and I like it better that way. I feel like a person. I'd much rather be spoken to than ogled.
 blew iis
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/11/2007 9:36:31 AM
men like curves period,thats obvious....but it has to be that hourglass figure going on,if that hourglass figure is not there,then its most likely not a turn on for them.
i don't care what anyone says,statistics prove what most men like on body shape or size and that is an hourglass figure.
 tdh46
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/11/2007 10:12:31 AM
You know YOUANDME being the only man of color to answer this question i am totally offended by that. That assumption has been going around for all my life, but is it correct?

I was once on a flight to Toronto, half way through the flight they started serving dinner, i was sitting closer to the back of the plane and as the server got closer to me i heard him saying to the passenger "beef or chicken" , about two rows of seat from me he started saying he only had "beef left" but he then looked at me and said " don't you worry, I saved you the last chicken dinner" naturally i was offended by this so i asked him " what did you just say" he answered " I said don't you worry because i saved you the last chicken dinner" and he then winked. Oh i ate the chicken but i was still pissed at him for assuming i wanted it.

Now back to the subject at hand.....I would step over a million skinny girls to get to one curvy one, but i don't think me being a man of color has anything to do with it, just my personal preference that's all. To me it's not about the beauty but it's all about the booty.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/11/2007 10:31:27 AM
I wasn't claiming to be a "skinny pencil" as muscle is very curvy.

What I was trying to point out is the fact that while it seems to be politically incorrect to label people "fat pigs" or "tubs of lard" it seems to be quite acceptable to use terms like "skinny pencil" or "bag of bones".

Now why is that? They are ALL insulting!!

The answer to this question has been answered scientifically. Men of all cultures prefer women with a 70% waist to hip ratio. This means if your hips are 33" and your waist is 23" OR if your hips are 45" and your waist is 31.5", men will find it attractive.

...... the famous actress Marilyn Monroe and the current skinny model Kate Moss both have the ideal waist-to-hip ratio. Even though they look quite different, their having the ideal waist-to-hip ratio would help explain their appeal, and why they have become stars when other attractive women have not.

Enough already!
 musicnut46
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/11/2007 12:58:20 PM
It's all about how the weght is carried. We all know about the sharied bodily warmth think too. It be a major tun-off if you be afraid of hurting her. Certain Body parts weighing more is a turn on too. My major turn-on be a 5 foot-5'6 incher wieghing 12-140 lbs in the right places who likes to hug,cuddle,snuggle and dance.
 BrnEyesLostMind
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/11/2007 1:35:53 PM
Threads like this always make me laugh. Why even ask the question in the first place? Is there really a point to it other than to stir things up? When it comes down to it, we all know the answer...some do, some don't.

And just for the record...my post with the bumper sticker was meant to be humorous, not to slam any one's post. It's just any time I've heard myself or someone else called fat, that sticker comes to mind and makes me laugh. The word fat came up, I laughed therefor I posted it.
 REALLY!
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/11/2007 3:21:13 PM
The subject is MOOT, the answers are subjective. Besides, men /women don't really know what they want until they lose it
 Cancerian Male
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/11/2007 4:19:28 PM
I can honestly say i perfer curvy women . As the saying goes "real women have curves" I strongly disagree with anyone that has narrow minded enough view to think that curvy = fat OR voluptuous = fat, sure you can put your own spin on whatever wording you want but there is no reason to make it a positive versus negative thing. As long as everyone is happy with whom they are that is all that matters. Ultimately this just a question of choice not of discrimination. I also do not consider an athletic build not to be " skinny pencil" type, nor do i considerate curvy.. just purely athletic.

I have noticed this age old question floats around alot in the forums... its always the same people making it a fat or non fat issue rather than the pure sense of the question.. curves or no curves?

Anyways these are my thoughts on the matter... I wish you al the best and hope your all happy with who u are as a person and that no matter curves or pencil or even athletic, your all found to be happy and enjoy lifes journey where ever it takes you.

- the Crab
 Just_JoJo
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2007 4:20:37 PM
I hate the original title of the posting

curvy vs pencil stick thin.. the word curvy is just more physically appealing to the eye

Curvy vs Slender

I'd take curvy though, big boobs and butt
not jelly rolls.
 BrnEyesLostMind
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/11/2007 5:43:02 PM
So...does that mean you^^^don't like the butter faces????

I like MY women curvy too Fluffy!
 confused_and_dazed
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/12/2007 12:21:55 AM
What's the saying..

You could meet a "PERFECT 10" until she or he opens thier mouth..then they become a 4, or someone who may be only a 6 that you click with and they may end up becomeing "YOUR PERFECT 10"
 globug91
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/12/2007 2:54:09 AM
In my 41 curvy years, I have noticed that men look at thinner women and want to be seen with such because they feel that is the norm........Im sure they will get more high fives and pats on the back if their friends see them with a barbie on their arm. When it comes to someone who needs an ego boost on a personal one to one level, they prefer a woman who is maybe not so perfect in size but has a sense of self and is confident in their sensuality........
 Imari_Angel
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/12/2007 5:46:45 AM

I have noticed that men look at thinner women and want to be seen with such because they feel that is the norm........Im sure they will get more high fives and pats on the back if their friends see them with a barbie on their arm.

Most people believe that the media has had an enormous influence on emphasizing "thin women" as being the most desirable ... and I'm wondering if perhaps the above statement is a result of that influence?

This statement suggests that men have a "trophy mentality" towards their relationships, and I truly don't know if that's the case. Certainly, the posts here have indicated that men/women make preference on personality first ... then most state they prefer curvy women. Too, there has been much research in this field (that's already been stated), that men do indeed prefer a more curvacious body-type.

Imari Angel
 who_the_fox
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/12/2007 6:10:01 AM
fox get real, being curvy doesnt mean u have a big booty!!! just cause u are bone thin & think all men should like you, isnt the competition over when u are 50 something??

You apparently cannot read. Too bad. If you had, you might have been able to make an intelligent post. Competition over? Honey, you would never be competition for me.

btw, you quoted YOUANDME not Fox. Drink much?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/12/2007 10:54:18 AM
Boastful and arrogant? Where did that come from? Wasn't the issue curvy vs "skinny pencil"??

I find it fascinating that people seem to be incapable of READING the posts and merely jump to conclusions based on their own prejudices.

My issue with this thread was because of the INSULTING and DEROGATORY term for thin people in the title. I do not see why it is accepted to be rude and abusive to anyone, regardless of their size....thin or not.

Too bad no one stopped to think about what I typed and instead just slammed me because of my body size.

You all suck.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/12/2007 11:36:26 AM
If you read what I had to say in THIS thread. I did not express my taste for body type one way or the other. I expressed my disgust at the slamming and insulting of THIN people, which btw, I AM NOT.

I provided quotes from a scientific study that concluded that men of all cultures prefer a woman with a 70% waist to hip ratio, which is CURVY.

Why is it when I actually SUPPORTED the contention men prefer curves (small or large) that women find it necessary to not only attack me for my size but on the basis of my age as well?

Kind of makes you stop and go hmmmm, doesn't it?

edit

As for the remark about "boastful and arrogant", you didn't answer my question about that at all.
 Dr.Strange
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/12/2007 11:47:23 AM
I kinda like curvy my self

cause when ya spank Her you can watch Her jiggle a bit You can't do that with a thin girl....(not that there is anything wrong with being thin for some of you politically correct folks)..........
 livnitup
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/12/2007 12:08:39 PM
I'm with you all the way, Fox!

I think the basis of the problem here is that people do not see that it is just as ignorant to discriminate against a "social norm" as it is to attack those who would be considered a minority. IMO, that is all that WTF was trying to point out. And if I assume correctly, I heartily agree.

Why don't we start a thread called "Do men actually like fat women vs the slender or fit one?"

Because then I would,and probably will be attacked for it because "how dare I refer to them as fat, I must be so shallow and heartless and arrogant"

It's true - don't deny it!

Thanks for the opportunity to stir the pot, so very rarely one arises.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > do men actually like curvy women vs the skinny pencil one?