Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can a nympho be faithful?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BrnEyesLostMind
Msg: 14
Can a nympho be faithful?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
YES, I can be!
 Haystack Needle
Msg: 15
Can a nympho be faithful?
Posted: 3/13/2007 4:29:55 AM

People who label themselves nymphos usually just mean they have a high sex drive. It doesn't ruin or rule their life.

You're right, it ruins others' life...
 Haystack Needle
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/13/2007 4:43:00 AM

If you are good in bed and have a similar sex drive, why would she need to go elsewhere? ;)

That's what I'm trying to figure out; can a nympho be happy with just good sex at home, or is it about changing partner/cheating that's the thrill for her..

Are you going to be able to please her whenever she wants it

not if it's a few times a day, I'm no machine nor run on batteries.
beside it's better reasonable amount of awesome sex than a lot of dodgy sex, no?
 no_1_bby
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 6:03:51 AM

hat's what I'm trying to figure out; can a nympho be happy with just good sex at home, or is it about changing partner/cheating that's the thrill for her..

That's subjective and relative to the specific person involved. As has been posted in answer to your question, you are going to get a wide range on this one as every person is an individual and will react differently to the situation they are in.

Don't be guilty of painting all of us with a higher then average/normal sex drive as unfaithful and incapable of being in a long term loving committed relationship. That's like saying all men are dogs and all women whores. I'm no whore. And you don't sound like a dog. Judge this woman based on HER actions, not those of another woman who wasn't capable of giving you what you wanted/needed.

not if it's a few times a day, I'm no machine nor run on batteries.
beside it's better reasonable amount of awesome sex than a lot of dodgy sex, no?

Oh wow... at 26 you wouldn't be up for making love to the woman in your life more then once a day??? When my ex and I were together and he was your age we were going at it 3 times a day pretty much every day. I miss those days and crave his touch, but I'm not out f*cking every guy with a working c*ck. What's reasonable to you tho? Honestly.. before you write her off (which I think you have already done.. ) you should sit down with her and find out what her needs are and if you are able to satisfy those needs. If you don't think you can, walk away. If you want to try, go for it. It may fall well within your range as well.

As I get older the craving is still there... strong, sometimes throbbing loudly in my body. It's been there so long I'm beginning to ignore it, consider it part of the background noise that is my world... and am thankful that I have someone who's able to work with me on it instead of dismissing me based on the *what ifs*.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 7:36:09 AM
Interesting twist HBS... I personally do not have control over who or what sparks my interest. If someone interests me, they get me.. both barrels... I don't hold back much. I can't pick and choose how my body reacts, it just does. Some people bring out the real animal in me.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 1:25:40 PM

well my dear.. thats exactly how it should be. If you cant give into the moment and release yourself to the passion that resides inside you.. thenwhy bother ... right?

True... but it hasn't always been that way. Doing that cheating thing I was after a quick fix, and it was purely surface scratching going on. Altho I am capable of doing that now, I choose not to.. so now it's a deeper connection I seek. Which does make any relationship all that much sweeter. There are plenty of men on here that can flip that switch for me.. they are gorgeous to look at. I just maintain a strict *no touching* policy when I do my window shopping now.. hehehe... It's still all good!!!
 *Rock*
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/13/2007 7:57:26 PM

So I'm just wondering if a girl can be both nympho and faithful??

Not a freakin' chance. They care about nothing except their fix, just like a drunk having to have a drink. Be smart, forget about her kind, thousands of women out in the world who actually like sex but will stay with a good man and respect a relationship...
 Dr.Strange
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/18/2007 9:00:23 PM

The law of diminishing returns is an economic philosophy, but applys here as well. A nympho is happiest when the encounter is new, but over time what's new is old and the nympho moves on (sometimes after just one encounter).

These are sad, lonely people.

You sure seem to know a lot about nympho's...
Yes You are correct young padawan...they do confuse physical attention
 phine_likker
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/6/2007 2:08:12 PM
I think many people misuse the word "nympho" to mean any woman who likes sex, or seems to have a bit above-average drive..

(or for men, a woman who wants it more than he does..)

a "true" nympho in my understanding "needs it" ALL the time

similar to the way people mis-use the word "fetish" to mean some form of sex or something they "like"

In the true meaning of "Fetish" I believe it means something you cannot achieve sexual satisfaction without..
 innocentantic
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2007 3:08:51 PM
OP replies to:

YES IF YOU GIVE EM IT ALL THE TIME LOL

and says:

Isn't that the whole problem??

There shouldn't be an "if"

Well... this is a little deeper than the original question, I think; but it's highly related. First of all, any person has the right to pursue whatever they want in a relationship. If she is not getting enough sex or the right kind of sex, then why shouldn't she look elsewhere? The answer is because she made a commitment to you, right? But what kind of commitment did she make? Just because she likes going out with you and wants to be intimate with you sometimes, have you assumed she would be monogamous? Has she felt pressured by you or social norms to say she will be, when in fact, that may not be what she wants, or feels she needs? The deeper part I'm getting to is either she's going to break up with you and seek it elsewhere, or if she's going to cheat on you... so, should there be an occasion where she will cheat? Should? Well, that's a question of ethics. Will? Probably. I would say with the vast majority of women that are nymphomaniac or have extremely high sex drives and interests (goddess bless them), they will most likely cheat if unsatisfied with their current partners, because:

1) It might not be that easy for her to find another guy that meets the rest of what she's looking for in a relationship. Even nymphomaniacs are interested in other traits when relating to people.
2) She might have feelings for you, and not want to leave you.
3) it guarantees her that she has you at the minimum and spice on the side... if she left you, then she's forced to find another minimum.
4) Addiction is about the drug, not the relationship to the supplier.
 fancynanci
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2007 4:00:39 PM
Yes we nymphos can be faithful
 magical_one007
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/16/2007 6:03:40 PM
I have an ex that was a loyal nympho. She didn't like my working so much though, so eventually the relationship was too demanding because she wanted to be around me all day long. So yes, it is possible if you can manage to keep each other on the edge of your seat, so to speak.
 OutMind
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/17/2007 11:50:31 AM
Having a high sex drive has nothing to do with fidelity. There are people with a very low sex drive that have cheated as well. If this bother you, it may be more a reflection of your insecurities than her behavior. So talk to her. One thing I believe is certain. If somebody have cheated before, they will do it again.

Now if you ask her, it is important to be aware of where are you in the relationship with her. Are you exclusive? Have you had that talk? Or just assuming?
 Quicky99
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/13/2007 1:59:20 PM
Certainly, if you can satisfy her needs!!
 THE full monty
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/4/2008 7:26:42 PM
i ,think a nympho could be faithful. as long as you both have sex everyday .....it will be allright.but , dont withhold sex from him or her................
 sin2gether2
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/5/2008 12:04:37 AM
no

Same thing for a man with this character.

A slut of either sex is still a slut. They can't be faithful. It is mutually exclusive.
 catman40
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/5/2008 4:40:34 AM
I have not met one in wisconsin so can't tell .
 catman40
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/5/2008 5:53:57 AM
I wish these nympho's were in wisconsin . I would be there . she would not be wanting to look anywheres else .
 fancynanci
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:48:33 AM
The answer to that is ABSOLUTELY YES. Just because a woman loves sex doesn't mean she is a cheater.
 Mirage111
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:47:17 AM
nympho...deeper issues. that would have to be addressed before...the faithful comment..
 TIRECOLLECTOR
Msg: 35
I miss my x )=
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:56:07 AM
she'd have sex with me for hours every time I came over, she was hot so I never minded she was horney all the time lol.
 pdu82
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/31/2009 10:49:02 AM
Yes they CAN. Will they... that's another story. Let's see... I met one nympho who was so faithful she was willing to limit herself only to her partner giving up both genders in the process.
I met another nympho who had 3 boyfriends. No wait... she was just bi and had a problem saying no.
I met a third who was cheating with an ex-con and her best friend.

She may already be cheating on you. Ask the girl flat out if she's capable of monogamy. Make sure to define monogamy.

There are different types of sexual compulsion problems as well.

If you can tolerate some cheating...... no dating other men, no women with boyfriends. This is the bare minimum to avoid a 'social destruct'. XD
Good luck.... and be wary.
 fancynanci
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2009 3:14:44 PM
To answer your question in one word - YES, we can be faithful to one man.
 want to travel
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 7:55:14 AM
just because a woman likes sex, does not meen she will not be faithful
i hate the double stadard
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can a nympho be faithful?