Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Does Anyone Actually Look Like Their Pics?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sscamarogirl
Msg: 96
Does Anyone Actually Look Like Their Pics?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
uh duh!! Well last time i checked i looked like mine... a couple are old but most are recent pictures.
 Sharmon79
Msg: 97
Does Anyone Actually Look Like Their Pics?
Posted: 3/14/2010 6:35:40 AM
I have been told I look taller in my pictures... :). How do you respond to that one?
 Helena~HandBasket
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/14/2010 9:36:36 AM
I went to a POF party last night at the Yucatan in Coppell and three men told me I looked exactly like my profile photo and two told me I didn't look anything at all like my pictures.
So, I guess three out of five times, I look like my picture?
 Sweet_Angela
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/17/2010 3:54:33 AM
I look exactly like my picture. : )
 TodayIsBliss
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/28/2010 12:05:46 AM
I am in the same boat Ms. Cutie Pie Face! Every man I've ever met from an online dating site has always said I am more beautiful in person than my pictures. And I've always felt like you - would rather have them feeling excited once they meet me than to be disappointed.

I've met men that have looked better and worse than their photos. I do my best to get to know the person via email, phone then meet before I rule them out or in... It seems you can learn alot about someone just by talking on the phone and then the real test comes when you meet them in person. Let's face it, I've met some really incredible looking men and when I met them - their personality, bad manners, body/breathe odors just were too much - even if they are cute by society's standards.

I hope that someone gets to know me - and not just take a photo as their one and only judgment!
 oOdtravisOo
Msg: 101
Posted: 4/18/2010 12:46:02 PM
100% just like my pic, but I think the live version is better. Its normally the other way around, I think. I have meet girls that look way worse than their picture. I tell them that they never mentioned anything about a train wreck before.
 faith2565
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2010 7:22:17 PM
I look like my pic. I pray that others I am talking to look theirs as well.
 phastist2u
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/4/2010 8:08:50 AM
Actually I have dyed my hair, I got tired of the grey look. But basically I do look like my pictures. I have been told many times that I don't look my age in person, however. I do know that some people do not take very good photos, and some do. And those who use an older photo, well to me that constitutes a lack of planning.
 irishlassie1958
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/5/2010 8:01:46 AM
I look like my pictures. I hate answering "body type". I have avg on mine because where I live I am better than avg. A few extra pounds might be more accurate but then whose to say what a few extra pounds are. To some 10 pounds could be a few extra pounds, while to others, 30 pounds could be. Besides, to me it's what is on the inside that counts and with that in mind...I am a hell of a nice woman...LOL
 JeleeBeen
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/8/2010 5:46:35 AM
LoL...I ask myself that all the time. I've been on a few dates and I actually had to pull out my cell phone and debate the diffence in the picture and what I was looking. Finally the joker admitted to the picture being about 5 yrs old. Looked more like 10 to me. Some get a lil offended when you ask but those are the ones that have no up-to-date pictures posted. All of my pictures are recent and taken within the last 60 days.

Good topic..
 GHAD_ZOOKS
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/12/2010 8:46:28 AM
I personally would like to believe, that people are generally honest... and "the camera doesn't lie"... of course with the advent of computer graphics and editing programs... "people" can do just about anything with a photograph.... although I have not discovered the "make me thin tool" on Photoshop yet! HA!

However, I think the real question in my mind is: WHY on Earth would they do that?... knowing that at some point they may meet the party of the second part in person. And WHY would they consider entering in upon a potential relationship... starting with "a lie", for all practical purposes? Either by photo shopping a pic or putting up a 10-15-20 year old photo and saying it is current...

WELL? I hate to say it, but I have experienced this sort of thing first hand, live and in person on several occasions... whereby, they person I agreed to meet... turned out to be NOT AS ADVERTISED. WHAT did they think the reaction was going to be? Jeesh!

All I can say is... I was disappointed, but... was a gentleman about it... followed thru on the meet and greet... was cordial... had the dinner, had the drink... and then parted company. Guess what... said person... did not get a follow up message, other than... thanks but no thanks.

Continuing along the lines of this photo thing... I also think that the "body type" check box... descriptor, whatever, really turns out to be "relative"... In so far as it is relative to the persons OWN perception of their self, and relative to all the other people in their local area, region, whatever. They compare them self to everyone else around them... Average may mean... 5-4 and 200 pounds... because where they live... the norm, is 5-4 200 pound women everywhere. Somewhere else in the country... or state... "average" may indicate 5-4 and 125 pounds... So who KNOWS?

SO... guess what... I have ONE pic posted that is from 1999... yep 1999... the others are either June 2009 or June 2010... now y'all go decide which one is from last century. I look like my pics... 5-9, 155-160 pounds... no pot belly. Long hair... Sometimes contacts, sometimes glasses... Beard or a Van Dyke... depending on my mood and if the razor gets out of control that day... LOL! Why do I have one 10 year old pic posted you ask? One reason... so when someone is talking with me... I can bring up that very issue (prior to meeting)... and be able to say... "SEE... I have barely changed (if at all) in a decade"... and On a couple of occasions... me doing so... has actually ferreted out, some of the would be Con-Women, or deceitful ones.

There ya have it...
 beachdancer
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/9/2010 5:40:04 PM
I ran across someone whom I had been conversing with on this site. I was backup person at a fundraiser, checking to see if people needed anything. My friend't boyfriend was sitting across from the fellow I had "met" on here. Yes he looked like his picture. He says, "don't I know you from somewhere." I said, "Yes you do." "Where?" he says. I smiled and said, "I will let you ruminate on it for a while." I didn't leave him hanging long enough. I quoted a line from his last email and he got it. The moral? I look like my picture.
 faith2565
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2010 2:39:03 PM
What you see is what you get!!
 sharongirl1498
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/12/2011 12:20:11 PM
I look like mine. And I try to post recent pics periodically (within the past couple of months). I'm a camera hog, so I usually have plenty of pics to share
 CliffyTX
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/15/2011 6:40:23 AM
Sadly, I'm a spitting image of my profile pics.
 MelindaY
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/10/2011 5:15:53 PM
I think i look like i do in my pics but better in person i think...i hate pictures but i had no choice but to post it..i feel that if someone really is sincere they will take you for who you are...
 sykominitrkr
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/4/2011 3:20:54 PM
Not to sound "full of myself", but I've been told SEVERAL times, by didfferent women that I actually look BETTER in person. They say I look the same... just better somehow. lol
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:46:33 AM
I look like my pictures. Why lie he will find out sooner or later. All the men I have met look like their pictures but truthfully I wasnt that attracted to their pictures. Thought I would give it a try.
 RoadGhost
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/2/2011 11:14:08 PM
I look just like my pictures as far as i know.
But that's nothing to brag about!
 sporkintheroad
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/17/2011 7:15:27 PM
Although this is a flattering angle, I do look this librarianish in real life, too ;)
 lucilou
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2011 4:47:51 PM
What you see is what you get!!!Why lie, it will show when you meet a person .
 suprahunk
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/29/2012 6:47:21 PM
i stole all my pictures from the web.
 Fritobandito
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/4/2012 8:10:44 PM
Librarians are sexy
 txtowmanyahoocom
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2012 7:25:35 PM
I Photoshopped mine into oblivion!
 txtowmanyahoocom
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2012 7:27:28 PM
I also found this cute dog on the net. It's photo-shopped to cover the big stain on my shirt.
Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Does Anyone Actually Look Like Their Pics?