Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 iRocket
Msg: 2
Nudie Bars and Lap DancesPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
There are so many ways to look at this LOL
1. At least he is coming home to "you".
2. Maybe he knows he is coming home "to" you.
3. Maybe someone at home isn't doing enough, and he has to go out to "get" worked up to come home to you.
4. Maybe he gets better attention at the bar.
5. Maybe strippers know what guys like more than the wives do.
6. Maybe the stripper is willing to turn the guy on without ever being asked to.
7. How many fat strippers have you seen?
8. Maybe the guy knows that when he walks away from the stripper, she wont follow him from room to room, and he might like that feeling. (once in a while)
9. Maybe his character is so twisted that he likes to "pay" for a woman to be "nasty" and you just failed to identify that in his character before you made him your boyfriend.
10. Maybe he HAS to go before coming home to you.

So many possibilities. I hope you all took that as humor, because that's all it is:)
Personally, when I see a strip joint, all I see is a bunch of low self-esteemed women willing to demean themselves for a fast buck. OR the strippers are getting better attention at stripping AND getting paid for it before they go home.

So I guess if we looked at both sides of the coin, everyone at the strip club is getting what they want before going home. :D
 Wullis
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Nudie Bars and Lap Dances
Posted: 3/14/2007 5:07:13 PM
I didn't want to post on this one but seeing the tenor of the current replies I feel compelled

Pro
1) Cheap Therapy/Stress Relief
Some Men don't want to bring the stress of work home, it is their safe haven, cone of solitude. They can't unload at thier coworkers, they don't want to unload on their wife and kids, and the don't want to bring the stress and bad attitude home. They basically are paying someone tolisten to them b1tch and complain about anything they want. The girl is going to be attentive and sympathetic. Also sometimes the spouse is having problems (medical, childbirth, problems with extended family and/or work) that cannot be avoided, and rather than unload on the spouse they can unload about the spouse to someone who doesn't know or care and keep stress out of the home.

2) Socially & Chemically relieves the urge to procreate
Men (some anyhow) know that as higher being it is not responsible to hump willy nilly with anything that will stand still long enough. But the human social order is not monogamous, it is biologically a herd mentality. Monogamy is a result of social and religious development in the last 400 years. So even though our brains say we only want our spouse, biologically our bodies scream procreate all the time. The sexually charged atmosphere of a strip club stimulates and soothes the biological need, releases and burns excess testosterone and releases endorfins .....in a "SAFE" environment.

3) Facilitates Good Home Sex Drive
Stress kills the sex drive in many males, they relieve their stress and come home horny

Con

1) Reality vs Fantasy vs Addiction
Some men just are just not mentally equipped to seprate their fantasies separate from real life. Some can't handle their problems and this becomes an escape (like shopping with some women) Others have addictive personalities and this becomes one of their myriad of addictions.

2) The are a few very unscrupulous women in the business that will literally use any means at their disposal to extract more money from men in the clubs, try to entise them with prostitution, encourage cheating ect. ( but most are just earning a living, trying to pay for their education, or raise their children with out going public welfare)
 ponygrl™
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/15/2007 1:23:16 PM
mmm lap dances eh? did you know how much fun and rewarding they can be when giving your loved on a lap dance? i've been on both ends of that one. i've been to parties (including my own bachelorette party) where it was ladies nite and then some. i've had men give me a lap dance or two. it's great to know that there are some men out there that know how to pretty much lead the horse to water then take it away from them without feeling so cold. being on the giving end, well let's just say that it was quite rewarding at the end. i gave a few lap dances to a boyfriend of mine, not naked. i was wearing a babydoll tank top and daisy dukes. i was cleaning, joking around dancing to the music while i was cleaning when a boyfriend of mine walked in the house. i was in the kitchen cleaning so he walked over to give me a kiss. it was too funny, i pushed him into the kitchen chair and dance around him and gave him a lap dance tantalizing the hell out of him. my reward? he took my hand and led me upstairs into the bedroom. he was overwhelmed by what i did and it made him excited and pleased to know that he didn't have to turn to anyone else for a lap dance.

nudie bars? back in a day when i danced part time....yes, i danced part time wearing costumes. back then we didn't dance nude, there was also the fact that i was underage and should not have been allowed to dance. i did it to help a friend out, the place that she used to dance at needed a part time dancer. i was going to do it for a few weeks until they found someone to take the other dancer's place. the owner seen that i was good as well as having fun so he left me stay as long as i wanted. when i stopped dancing i gave all of my costumes (hand made) to the new dancer since she didn't have her own. anyway, nudie bars are pretty much thought of as artificial stimulation for the sex drive for either male or female or entertainment and are not used in an abusive manner unless visited very frequent. if that's the case then the person's partner is unknowingly unsure of how to sexually arrouse (sp) their partner. remember... women use artificial stimulation with the use of battery operated boyfriends and masturbating with them just as guys use rosie palm and her 5 friends.

there is nothing wrong with nudie bars, strip clubs, lap dances or even masturbation (if single and no partner is available).

graysam..........i must be an idiot big time

ponygrl™
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/16/2007 11:36:52 AM
hmmm *scratching my head and thinking* gray, do you know of any male reviews up this way?

there's nothing wrong with going regardless whether you're single or married. i would go either way, been there, done that, and would do it again...

sam, can u drop me a line to let me know if you know of any place up here? i'm in schuylkill county. maybe we can get a girls nite out going...
 born2bwild1900
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2007 4:55:28 PM
Most women after the age of 30 dont satisfy their men. So men look for alternative methods. I have noticed this about the women in PA. They prefer stayin indoors and gaze at the walls and ceiling
 born2bwild1900
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2007 6:13:00 PM
Hey there lilwmn456 im just j/k. You dont need to get ur hormones all loose and get sentimental/emotional over it.
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/17/2007 7:28:30 PM
Never understood the concept myself... but I think that some of the places do some trade on the side, nothing official, but still out there. At least that's what I've been told.
On the other hand, I can see where going with you SO could be a great time for you both. Kind of like watching an erotic movie together, it could create an environment that leads to a good time for you both. As far as the lap dance thing, nah... I don't want to pay 40 bucks to get worked up and then leave feeling frustrated...I'm with you - that $40 can be used for so many better things...
 iRocket
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/17/2007 7:38:49 PM
LMAO Lil...that was great! And I always laugh when they go "ooops" and then come back with "I was just kidding" even though you can't see it or hear it if they were (no smiley's no lol's no haha or hehe's) but your response was classic ..................................................................................
 JoeMan48
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/17/2007 8:59:01 PM
Wow, Page two already, I suggest a break
 funnyfireguy
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2007 10:59:34 PM
speaking as an idiot... because yes.. I have been to a strip joint or two in my life.... I have seen Als refferd to here... and i must make mention of the admiral dinner theater in Chicago was one of the classier and Fantisy Showbar In Cherry Hill NJ, as well as franks chicken house in Manville NJ oh... and who can forget Dinks Tavern in Williamsport PA....oh and I have also taken care of secureing " entertainment" for a few bachelor parties as well as when it is the guys only vacation. obviously I am going to say ther eis nothing wrong with strip joints and yes.. it does seem like a waste of money but on the flip side as the guy above me somewhere said alot of these ladies are putting themselves through school or paying bills after a shitty divorce, or cant find a well paying job for what ever reason. does it make them less of a person because they just happen to take their clothes off and get paid for it?

The only other place i have heard of a mans "unit" refered to as " junk" is the Opie and Anthony show... Artsy... are you a fan of the show?
 Neysha61
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2007 7:59:28 AM
Some of the hottttttest dates I have ever been on, "WE" went to a few of the upscale clubs. No one should knock it until they have tried it
 blonde chickie
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/20/2007 8:40:12 AM
I agree with ya there Neysha61
 ponygrl™
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/20/2007 9:01:21 PM
neysha.....looks like you're going to have to come east with them sherbert coolers and go to some clubs.....

any other ladies in????

maybe some of the ladies should have a party bus to take in a few male reviews...
 blonde chickie
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/21/2007 6:30:39 AM
I'm in irish angel
 Neysha61
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2007 12:54:45 PM
I think I will just run willy nilly from forum to forum on POF and copy this statement and paste it into ALL the others .................

"Opinions are like a$$holes, and everybodys got one!"

If you know the rest of the words to that little ditty ... feel free to join in! I love kareoke, okey dokey?
 iRocket
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/21/2007 5:13:18 PM
LOL Lohki..I am sooo with you on that one. a rose is still a rose by any other name. It is objectifying women. I am not proud of the fact that I worked the lights at a couple strip clubs in Florida, Carmichaels and the Lions Den when I was in the military, but it made me some spending cash.

The really sad thing is, I saw a hundred women a year come and go in those clubs, and not a one of them had any self esteem, and always attracted the wrong kind of guy and ended up in bad situations. The vast majority of them did do drugs, and the ones that didn't were addicted to their abusive boyfriends.

Eventually I couldn't do it anymore and had to quit. I found myself getting in trouble for trying to get a lot of the dancers to leave and find real work. The kind we work twice as hard for, for half the money, but come away with a better feeling of self worth with.

Anyone can pimp themselves out (and I use that term loosely for any act of using sex to make money, be it dancing or prostitution, using sex to catch a husband for financial security, etc) and make fast money, but no amount of money makes up for self worth and self esteem. No amount of material things or money replaces the emptiness inside.

I am way inclined to agree with artsy also on this.

Neysha~ forums are opinions. They are not fact columns. So if your statement is to be applied, all forums stink. If you want facts, try the world fact book online:)

Neysha61
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2007 12:48:05 PM
iRocket ~ Why thank you so very much for the information. Duly noted and filed for future reference. The NET is a plethora of information and it is hard for one mere mortal such as myself to keep up!

And if you read what I wrote, and read it again and then read it again, you can pretty much turn it into whatever you wish
Who said I was after only the "facts" kind sir?
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  >