Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 94
Do you ever get too 'old' for the forums?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Boo - I agree with you, those older movies had women over the hill at 45 :)
I see good looking older women ( 70+) daily, they haven't been nipped and tucked. Funny that the men don't seem to age nearly as well.
CD who would say no to Beverly??? :p
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 95
Do you ever get too 'old' for the forums?
Posted: 7/20/2017 2:35:36 PM
That's cuz men are working harder

Duh
 SLAFFA
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/21/2017 6:13:21 PM
No, not as long as there is still some small percentage of folks who have figured out this big "mystery" of OLD.

They have figured out that the easiest way to separate the wheat from the chaff is to push the bare MINIMUM # of buttons on some electronic device and either move to the phone ASAP or just meet.

It should be noted that meeting F2F is THE method that has worked extremely well for tens of thousands of years.

cooldog65
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2017 7:44:07 PM

Janet Huber (Original Aunt Viv on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)

Correcting myself...It's Janet Hubert.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2017 1:00:39 PM
Dissing certainly isn't missing like it was in the old days.Whatever
one can do to make themselves a lot less desirable. Dissing would certainly
increase their effectiveness a hundred percent.
 Like2dance
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2017 5:37:26 PM
Maybe when I turn 80 I will hang it up but then at 80 I may just say I'll wait until I'm 90.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2017 6:17:45 AM
mmmm..think ya get too old for a lot of BS that is easy for you spot
 from site to sight
Msg: 101
Posted: 8/8/2017 7:09:10 AM

Maybe when I turn 80 I will hang it up but then at 80 I may just say I'll wait until I'm 90.

Just don't use this site if you're going to be looking for someone outside of your own age, because of the maximum plus/minus range that the site imposes. You wouldn't want to be considered as a cradle robber if you're in your mid to late 70's, or 80's, and trying to meet someone in their 60's.
 Fikirimi
Msg: 102
Posted: 8/13/2017 8:17:34 AM
Do I ever get too old for the forums? No, never. It's just information, and information is always good to have. If the original question, however, was intended to mean do we get too old for online dating, then I have to say, how lucky have you been meeting people in real life? I have the opportunity on line to meet all kinds of people I'd never run into at the grocery store.

You wouldn't want to be considered as a cradle robber if you're in your mid to late 70's, or 80's, and trying to meet someone in their 60's.

I wouldn't GAS what anyone else thought. That is only the business of the two people involved.

If I were 75 and could attract someone who was 60, I would go for it. Why not? Men drop dead earlier than women in every age bracket. And men try to date women who are 10+ years their junior. Why should it be ok just for them?
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2017 8:23:36 PM
Good question. Don't know.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/14/2017 9:32:51 PM

And men try to date women who are 10+ years their junior. Why should it be ok just for them?

Pfft. Okay according to who? Women? A man mentions pursuing a younger woman and many women lose their shit, yet probably had no qualms with the dipshit 40-something "Twilight Moms" a few years back.

Speaking of this whole age issue, I saw the funniest shit earlier this evening on Facebook. This woman I've known for years from the local music scene was dating a 25 year old. She's 51 and looks amazing for her age. Well, they have broken up after only 6 days.

When she first made the big announcement on Facebook about their "relationship", there were many skeptical responses, and she ripped them apart with absolute fury. Tonight, he showed up at her house drunk and stoned. He lit up a joint in her house, then ended up puking in her bed. She immediately went crying to Facebook about it, of course.

I laughed my a$$ off. With shit like this, who needs TV?
 spot4username
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2017 5:46:03 AM
^^^
People who post all that crap on Facebook deserve the repercussions. I get a lot of grief from friends because I am not interested in men half my age. Meh. It is none of their business.

Too old for OLD? There are people of all ages dating online. New profiles every day. Is it my cup of tea? No. But that is because this process doesn't mesh well with my personality. It is just not a good fit for me. I wouldn't disparage anyone of any age for giving it a try.
 gtomustang
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/15/2017 6:00:12 AM
to borrow a phrase from the kids today...haters gonna hate. some people relish the misfortune of others, it makes them feel better. I dislike the ones who go a step further, and blame you for daring to take a risk on something and that's why you had a failure. they want to believe life won't hand them a similar outcome, b/c magically they'll make a better choice when in reality, they'd have to guess a solution if they were in the same boat.

but on the flip side, i'd tell us "seen all the great bands" people the same thing I'd tell the spring chickens...OLD is something to try, not a basket to put all your eggs in. It has a chance to fail, so don't be surprised if its a let-down.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/15/2017 6:18:49 AM

People who post all that crap on Facebook deserve the repercussions. I get a lot of grief from friends because I am not interested in men half my age. Meh. It is none of their business.

Facebook should just change its name to "My Diary". That's essentially what it is.

to borrow a phrase from the kids today...haters gonna hate. some people relish the misfortune of others, it makes them feel better. I dislike the ones who go a step further, and blame you for daring to take a risk on something and that's why you had a failure. they want to believe life won't hand them a similar outcome, b/c magically they'll make a better choice when in reality, they'd have to guess a solution if they were in the same boat.

This woman was warned about him by several people who knew him long before they got together. She had the audacity to accuse them of lying because they were "jealous", then proceeded to delete them.

So, yeah. When you shit on your real friends for a punk a$$ kid, I'm going to find it very amusing when poetic justice is served.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2017 8:05:17 AM
draw of the younger crowd..
some ( not me) are attracted to someone younger
because...they're bodies are younger
and in some cases, in better shape
but with these nubile bodies also comes..
a much younger mind
and they are at a different maturation level
some also like young impressionable minds
might find a younger person easier to influence, control
but what they usually find..is that this young person
is going to act exactly like all their peers do at this age
 gtomustang
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/15/2017 5:47:07 PM
Sorry, piggy, my last post wasn't in reference to you and your post, I understand schadenfreude. I like poetic justice. But Fiki's post made me think.

some people like younger bodies, and sometimes they have the younger maturity to match the maturity level of someone younger. now they just need to hit the gym and find a younger person looking for an older experience, not a peer still living at their parents' house.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2017 7:19:03 AM

Of course, I'll need an accomplice.
Sounds like a cool new website.
Accomplices for Acrimonious Acquisitions R us

Snorted my coffee
Then went to sign up
 Seki1949
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2017 8:15:55 AM

On the other hand, Cher and Madonna are out of my league.

With celebrities, it's an illusion of make-up, careful lightning, camera angles, and surgery. If you look carefully without blinders, you would not want to wake up to either one.

My grandmother was a old woman in her early fifties. Spent 40 years as an old woman. OTOH, she was Canadian and senior women were honored and respected in that time and place. I don't think she liked sex at all, told me some very weird viewpoints about male-female relations. I think farmer grandpa got his three kids fairly quickly and his sex life was over.

If I'm still single on my 70th birthday, I'll be to embarrassed to be here. I'm half too embarrassed to be here now. I notice that my relationships have shorter and shorter lifespans. Years have turned into months and recently seem to trending to weeks. Not a Good Sign.

Given my current attitudes a 'time out' for me would probably be a good idea.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/1/2017 9:33:24 AM
Debby Downer?

Enjoy the secks while you can
 Vx24
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2017 1:05:19 PM
How a person ages is individual genetic and modern knowledge have made it very different than earlier ages. I knw women in their 60's that are better looking physically that when they were in their 30's exercise and nutrition as well as breakthroughs in medical knowledge has made big inroads. I understand plastic surgery. I have known women who worried over lack of breasts. Getting plastic surgery was a big part of feeling good. Those losing weight may have folds of skin that have to be surgically removed.
 from site to sight
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/1/2017 5:12:45 PM
When seeing pictures of an old celebrity who tries to beat Father Time via plastic surgery: Sometimes it looks like their skin on their face is on so tight and pulled back so much to stretch out the wrinkles, it seems their face would burst and explode if they bumped into something. But what do they do about the rest of their body that's all wrinkled? There doesn't seem to be any point to getting a facelift or boob lift if the rest of the body is wrinkled like a prune.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2017 11:35:03 AM
Here we are 10 years later and in all honesty
it's only men now that are considered to old.
Change of times and the unimportance of
relevancy in options has erased any desires
for LTR's
 ohenryx
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2017 9:00:08 PM

the unimportance of relevancy in options

Can someone translate that for me? I seem to have misplaced my Klingon-English dictionary.

I notice that my relationships have shorter and shorter lifespans. Years have turned into months and recently seem to trending to weeks. Not a Good Sign.

Given my current attitudes a 'time out' for me would probably be a good idea.

I believe we all need a time out occasionally. Well, exception for those who are actually paired up and just hang out here for entertainment.
 holaks
Msg: 117
Do you ever get too 'old' for single sites?
Posted: 10/7/2017 3:21:32 PM
I have been asking myself this very same question. As, I am approaching my 60th. Seems like the men have no problem at any age when it comes to dating....however, I know what you mean about the choices we women have at this age. I say, if your enjoying the process, keep doing it.
 Like2dance
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Do you ever get too 'old' for single sites?
Posted: 10/10/2017 7:56:13 PM
I have never had a problem dating. I really do not understand why others do.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >